AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-01-21, 11:44   Link #61
GDB

Yeah, I agree with that. It felt like they were treating these guys like Superman-level super villains instead of normal humans with super tech weapons.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 14:07   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think on a certain level I'm willing to let go of a few things since the fight was really fun to watch. Sure, snipers would probably solve most super villain problems so those are obviously out. Even the Reverse Flash would die from that if he doesn't know the shot is coming.

I'll just presume that it was too tricky to snag the guns. Those guys should be smart enough to keep each other covered enough that it wouldn't be easy to get in and snag one guys gun without being shot by the other.

Good episode overall. Training for the Reverse Flash (somewhat literally) is fine, but leaving the city to fall apart in the mean time would leave it kind of meaningless. Just train like nuts inbetween. He should be able to find the time for both.
Old 2015-01-21, 15:31   Link #63
monster

I was thinking maybe they didn't want to show police officers shooting at people.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 19:16   Link #64
Frontier

They also needed them alive to tell them where Caitlin is, especially if Joe teaming up with Cisco to find her wasn't authorized or well-known.

Maybe the real reason was because all the police were too busy gawking at the sight of a real, in the flesh, Superhero fighting against a seasoned-criminal with a cold-gun calling himself Captain Cold and his pyromaniac partner. I know I was .
Old 2015-01-22, 04:28   Link #65
Samari
World's Greatest

Yeah that fight was bogus. The Flash could have easily snatched their guns or the police should have taken them down with sharpshooters. I usually let a lot of things slide in this show, but that was just really not planned out very well. Cold and Heatwave looking like Ghostbusters out there was kind of goofy. What it reminded me of was a Metal Gear Solid boss fight or something. Where you can't go up directly to the enemy because XYZ will happen and you'll automatically get hit and take damage.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 08:26   Link #66
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Pied Piper was a smart villain.
Faking getting captured so he could hack into Star Labs and find a way to defeat Flash.
Too bad Wells had a way to stop that.
Also, the Speed Force was mentioned in this week's episode.
Old 2015-01-28, 10:49   Link #67
GDB

Yeah, glad it finally got mentioned. Plus, it gave us some insight into why Wells is doing what he's doing.
Old 2015-01-28, 10:57   Link #68
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Pied Piper was a smart villain.
Faking getting captured so he could hack into Star Labs and find a way to defeat Flash.
I really liked the Pied Piper. He was an intelligent and interesting villain that helped to expand on Wells greatly. Still, the whole 'Villain wants to be captured' thing is a bit overdone, and why pop culture enthusiast Cisco didn't see this earlier is a bit baffling.

Also, are there really no toilets/sinks or beds in the super-villains cages? I never noticed just how stark and inhumane the prison cells were before. Additionally, can the criminals communicate with each other in their individual cells? Also, why was Rathaway placed in a cell even though they confirmed in the last episode that super-villains that simply use devices were to be placed in regular jail? I guess it was because Captain Cold and Heatwave escaped, but nothing was even mentioned of their escape, so it's a little confusing...

Whatever the case, I am still a little annoyed that Barry has to receive so much help in defeating his opponents. I can accept the later confrontation with the Piper as a moment to help define Wells, but why couldn't Barry have figured out how to catch the Royal Flush Gang without outside interference?

That being said, it seems like the show is finally figuring out Iris (or at least giving her some definition outside of her father and love interests). And I have to say, the relationship between Barry and West is one of the best interpersonal relationships on the CW (sadly, a very simple human experience that the CW's stable of writers so often fail at).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 21:37   Link #69
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

noooo. Caitlin whyyyyyyy. though Barry's date is pretty smokin'..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 23:00   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I missed last night's episode. T.T How long does it take for the CW to put up their previously aired episodes for viewing on their site/app?
Old 2015-02-05, 05:55   Link #71
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I missed last night's episode. T.T How long does it take for the CW to put up their previously aired episodes for viewing on their site/app?
They usually air 2 shows every weeknight from 8-10 PM, and by around 11 PM, the two shows should be available online. If not, then past midnight for sure.
Old 2015-02-11, 06:37   Link #72
monster

Things are finally moving forward with the murder investigation. And, oh wow, a nuclear explosion. Also, I'm really not sure whether Dr. Wells is supposed to be good or not, but I suppose that's part of his charm.
Old 2015-02-14, 00:48   Link #73
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i thought this week's ep was probably the best flash ep yet.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 23:19   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Another good episode. Probably the one I've enjoyed the most from the past few.

The reveal at the end wasn't all that shocking to be honest. We knew that Wells had a suit and could move fast. But, at the same time it was pretty fun to see him in it. And his latest murder wasn't all that bad since frankly the general had it coming. Although at the same time he basically used the general to force Firestorm to come back together in the proper manner. I'm not sure why to be honest, but maybe he feels that the Flash having a powerful ally is a good thing?

The story itself was nice. I liked the Firestorm focus here and it was somewhat cool to have both guys working together and being awesome.

The time travel bit was also good. First with Barry feeling utterly depressed by the realization that he went back in time and still failed to save his mother. He may have a plan for doing it right this time, but I think one can guess at what will happen. If there's a reason he failed it's likely that the Reverse Flash made a move to kill young Barry. Probably had no choice but to rush him away from the scene and by the time he got back....too late.

And yeah, Grogg was alright. Got his revenge and taught the general that when you continually anger powerful people...you are going to end up dead.
Old 2015-02-18, 02:48   Link #75
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I still don't get how Wells could be the Reverse Flash, even though, well, they've pretty much made it official for a long time. The thing that got me stuck was, we saw Wells and the Reverse Flash standing right in front of each other at the same time. In the preview for the next episode we see that Wells is fast enough to make himself look like there's more than one of him, except how he could he also put the suit on and take it off that fast, his wheelchair-self wasn't as clearly blurry as we saw in the preview, and where would he put the suit when he took it off?
The only way for that scene in the mid-season finale to work is if he was doing the thing we saw in the preview, but he'd also be taking off his suit and putting it on, as well as looking like he was beating himself up. The preview showed that when he does that "clone/copy" thing at super-speed, both "versions" of himself are clearly blurred from the speed. I guess it's just a flaw that the staff are asking us to swallow for the sake of the plot.

I was wondering what they were going to do to stop Eiling from coming after Barry. Now I knew he would be meeting his fate at the hands of Grodd, especially after the line where he said he tortured him this episode, but I didn't expect it so soon.

Still, all things considered I hesitate to say he's worse than Amanda Waller. At least he didn't threaten to murder innocent loved ones as retribution for non-compliance, nor did he try to blow up a plane full of innocent people to kill one target. (I suppose he might have gotten to the direct threatening of innocents eventually, but Waller got there long ago) I just pray for Barry's sake that he doesn't have to experience her. Ever. But I fear it's just a matter of time. In fact, I'm surprised Waller hasn't stopped by S.T.A.R. labs already........
Old 2015-02-18, 12:10   Link #76
GDB

Remember, Professor Zoom (who Wells is likely based off of) can time travel like Barry can. It's possible that the last time we saw them together was legit two different forms of himself from different times. He did have to sabotage the barrier to let him out, after all.

Also, Grodd, not Grogg.
Old 2015-02-18, 14:28   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Remember, Professor Zoom (who Wells is likely based off of) can time travel like Barry can. It's possible that the last time we saw them together was legit two different forms of himself from different times. He did have to sabotage the barrier to let him out, after all.

Also, Grodd, not Grogg.
Well then I'm getting out of this with a bad pun. I was clearly Groggy when I wrote up my thoughts on the episode .
Old 2015-02-18, 18:12   Link #78
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I was thinking that the one who killed Barry's mom (and possibly showed up in the present) is a future Wells. In fact, considering the Flash disappeared in the future, the future versions of both Flash and Barry could still be hiding in the present.
Old 2015-02-18, 19:49   Link #79
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I was thinking that the one who killed Barry's mom (and possibly showed up in the present) is a future Wells. In fact, considering the Flash disappeared in the future, the future versions of both Flash and Barry could still be hiding in the present.
I was thinking that the one that killed Barry's mother was a younger Wells, mostly because the "current" Wells is having problems with his powers.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 20:04   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I was thinking that the one that killed Barry's mother was a younger Wells, mostly because the "current" Wells is having problems with his powers.
Are you saying that only Barry travelled through time? So what's the scenario here? The younger Wells saw into the future and orchestrated the murder of Barry's mom so that Barry would become the Flash and help fix the problem with his power?

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel