AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-09, 09:54   Link #21
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They just expanded ch.1 It was logical decision cause they needed to end ep. 1 on that scene but the chapter itself don't have enough material for whole ep.

I find decision of adding Miki to the cast as early questionable (it won't change the story itself but her appearing later would have better effect)
But I think adding the dog as a character now to end it's story later the same they as in the manga is better choice than just showing it as short flashback
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 10:36   Link #22
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
They just expanded ch.1 It was logical decision cause they needed to end ep. 1 on that scene but the chapter itself don't have enough material for whole ep.
They should've added more. Even by the standards of moe-moe SOL, the dog chase was way too drawn out. If they'd had one more plot line, like Yuki trying to help out making breakfast or something, it wouldn't have felt so stretched.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 10:51   Link #23
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

But they posted nice hints during it. More than in manga
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 10:56   Link #24
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
The feeling I got throughout the entire ep (and this is speaking from the perspective of someone familiar with the manga) was that they were deliberately trickling things in with the intent of "unpacking" them later - and I got this sense even with the dog chase.

I kinda felt they used that scene to take the viewer around various parts of the school, and yet at the end when they finally gave a little reveal as to what was "really going on" and showed it in relation to a few instances the viewer had been exposed to, I found myself wondering how that same glimpse applied to all the other places I had been shown and the "interactions" that had been going on as well.

But hey - if someone felt it went on too long it went on too long for them. For me, though - it worked quite nicely and effectively.
Old 2015-07-09, 10:58   Link #25
Hmm....

Quite an OK first episode.

Extra casts confuse me at first. Then I understand the need for ep.1 ending. I still believe that they can add other generic Slice of Life stuffs to the episode rather than introduce them this early.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 11:19   Link #26
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
But they posted nice hints during it. More than in manga
True, but it was all in the background. They could've done more with the foreground story while still including the hints.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 12:12   Link #27
whitecloud

I guess the delusion that yuki have could count as schizophrenia I guess?
Old 2015-07-09, 12:34   Link #28
bastek66

Old 2015-07-09, 12:35   Link #29
bercerus

that hint on blackboard is geniusly done

dark shit coat with moe art style

bercerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 12:46   Link #30
James Rye

Nice first episode, glad to see Mii-kun in the cast from the start, her story can still be told later in a flashback after all. While it ws drawn out I enjoyed the silly slice of life style while at the same time you felt, that something was wrong with how everyone else barely seemed to interact with the many students around them like how Mii-kun just opened all classrooms without even apologizing, etc.

And my fav girl with her shovel is in there and her voice is great and she gonna kick so much zombieass!!! <3
Old 2015-07-09, 13:37   Link #31
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Not at all what I expected. Some friends were raving about it on skype so I tried it. Whoa.

I did notice the blackboard after seeing what they said but I also noticed the window was broken behind Yuki and Mii after they hear the dog bark. Very fast, I had to rewind and pause.

This anime totally has my attention.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 15:08   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The episode certainly makes more sense when you look at it from the end. Why the only person who seemed to be going to class was Yuki and the others were helping out with 'clubs' during class periods.

I kind of figured this was going to be the last real day before everything went to hell, but instead it was just the view of things from the perspective of Yuki who has clearly had a psychotic break. I mean damn...she is gone. So unable to process the reality of the situation that she perceives everything as normal, still goes to class, etc.

Interesting first episode if nothing else. I did feel like they could have settled this Yuki-perspective in the first half of the episode, but oh well. Still not a bad episode.
Old 2015-07-09, 16:26   Link #33
ices
Working Hard

The official site updated: http://gakkougurashi.com (might be a bit spoiler-y for those who haven't watched episode 1 till the end)

I like what they're doing with the background....

Spoilers
Spoiler for comparison of official site's background images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit: apparently they keep updating and reverting their site...

also new key visual
Spoilers
Spoiler for New Key Visual
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by ices; 2015-07-09 at 17:26.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 16:41   Link #34
bakato

That was seriously dark. Will they ever find the light?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 17:11   Link #35
Kazu-kun

I knew what was coming but the last scene still got me.

Anyway, going by the preview, it seems next episode will focus on Kurumi. She's my favorite character so I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 2015-07-09, 17:26   Link #36
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

As a huge fan of the manga, that was perfect.
Old 2015-07-09, 17:44   Link #37
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I guess the delusion that yuki have could count as schizophrenia I guess?
Huge denial. Yuki is that character you find in zombie movies who always dies first and horribly or cause everyone's death because s/he cling to the life of before and denies what's happening.
Old 2015-07-09, 17:52   Link #38
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Huge denial. Yuki is that character you find in zombie movies who always dies first and horribly or cause everyone's death because s/he cling to the life of before and denies what's happening.
I don't think it's that simple. It doesn't look like she's deceiving herself consciously. It feels like she's pretty messed up to me.
Old 2015-07-09, 18:14   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think it's that simple. It doesn't look like she's deceiving herself consciously. It feels like she's pretty messed up to me.
Yeah, it didn't seem like she was just trying to ignore reality. It looks like she has really lost it. The shock of people dying and the dead coming back to life just utterly broke her.

Is kind of a scary person to have around though. I mean she could have easily cut her hand open on that window because she can't tell it's shattered. They basically need to keep her constantly watched.
Old 2015-07-09, 18:34   Link #40
Wandering Soul

Things in this episode make a lot more sense when after watching the ending. It does explain why Yuki is the only one actually attending class and why she has to explain to Mil that the "others" are having class.

Tags
manga time kirara, read the manga, seinen, slice of life, zombie apocalypse