AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-28, 05:57   Link #41
tuckersister

Thou Hanna sacrifaced Nanashi to get more info about the new Selector battles, she has no LRIG to continue Selector battles.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 10:22   Link #42
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's nice to see a Hitoe that's a bit emotionally stronger here... though that's maybe undermined a bit by her being the jobber again
The execution of that match was horrible. Hitoe was on top the whole time and landed two solid hits on whatsherface and then she just lost after one little punch.

Nonsense, complete nonsense.
Old 2018-04-28, 12:32   Link #43
Kurohane

This was one of my fears by merging casts. Most of them are not going to get adequate spotlight or worse.
Old 2018-04-28, 17:43   Link #44
tuckersister

Let's see more of the episodes before making a decision of the series. There will be good episodes.
Old 2018-04-28, 18:42   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Anyway I'm confused at how Carnival can have Aya as a LRIG, isn't she supposed to be in a human body just like Carnival? What happened to Shou Narumi? Same goes for Guzuko, what happened to Sou Sumida?
That's the big question no one knows about. Are these clones? Or are the ones in real life actually turning into Lrigs again?
Perhaps we will find out with Tama, but there is nothing to confirm or deny what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The execution of that match was horrible. Hitoe was on top the whole time and landed two solid hits on whatsherface and then she just lost after one little punch.

Nonsense, complete nonsense.
Well, WIXOSS has never had enough time to do a full match, and it isn't that rare for one move to suddenly win. As for the anime, the content of how the battle plays out itself is more extra than story. You'd have to give them at least 4-cour or something if you want them to actually make full qualified battles.

As for the Key, all it is is using a Coin to gain extra abilities. In the anime, it is shown as real Lrig fighting along the main one.
And as for the Key somehow defeating the enemy, see above.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 02:31   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
WIXOSS has never had enough time to do a full match, and it isn't that rare for one move to suddenly win.
It still looked weird. Whasherface used all her power to break through the barrier and then a little punch on Midori was enough to put them out of business. If it was a direct hit, without the barrier, that would have been a different story, but this doesn't make any sense to me. On the other hand Midori landed two direct hits on whatsherface and it did jack shit. What's going on here?
Old 2018-04-29, 03:40   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It still looked weird. Whasherface used all her power to break through the barrier and then a little punch on Midori was enough to put them out of business. If it was a direct hit, without the barrier, that would have been a different story, but this doesn't make any sense to me. On the other hand Midori landed two direct hits on whatsherface and it did jack shit. What's going on here?
*shrug* Just saying as it is. Can't really help if you think that a punch from someone who used "Doping" and punched through a wall with sheer force isn't as strong as anything a girl that looks like Midori can dish out.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-04-29, 04:00   Link #48
Kazu-kun

Doping or not, punching through a wall should mean the punch isn't nearly as a strong anymore. Didn't matter one bit though.
Old 2018-04-29, 23:49   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Doping or not, punching through a wall should mean the punch isn't nearly as a strong anymore. Didn't matter one bit though.
Yeah, I agree that if a punch goes through a wall, it might not be as strong as if it didn't go through a wall. Doesn't really contradict my statement.

Old 2018-05-02, 13:29   Link #50
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 16:52.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 15:43   Link #51
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Doesn't really contradict my statement.
I'd say it does but to each their own I guess.
Old 2018-05-04, 19:01   Link #52
tuckersister

What the hell. Yuzuki lost!!!!This is messed up. Remember hasn't appear yet. Still think she's the big bad. She will probably appear when Tama and Ruuko interfere with the Selector Battle. She will definitely bend the rules to her favor and become Akira's LRIG.
Old 2018-05-04, 19:08   Link #53
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So ex-LRIG can get into a Selector key card simply by wishing it. That answers my first question regarding Guzuko and Aya on last episode.

My other question was about what happens to the bodies LRIG are possessing. This episode didn't make it quite clear what happened to Shou's body, but I guess it disappeared just like Yuzuki did.

Anyway it's not fair that Selectors that have been LRIG (even when they were originally human like Yuzuki and Kiyoi) can use the Key card to become LRIG while everyone else cannot, I wanted to see Akira's LRIG form.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 19:44   Link #54
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
What the hell. Yuzuki lost!!!!This is messed up.
It sure is a blunt and simple way to get Ruuko involved.

How long until....

kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 23:17   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
You know, I didn't mind the Key Card thing at first. In fact, I felt it opened up some interesting possibilities.

But with everything that happened in Episode 5, I'm now shifting more towards Kazu-kun's take on this show. Certain plot developments in Episode 5 do feel awfully fast and loose to me.

So if a Selector turns into a LRIG, and she loses, she gets taken over by the opponent even if she already had a LRIG of her own? And her human body just flatout disappears? That seems to be what happened in Yuzuki's match, incredibly.

I also found Suzuko's total change of heart to be a bit much. Yes, Hanna raised a good point, but it seems a bit extreme to me that Suzuko did a complete and immediate 180 just because of some words from Hanna.

Unfortunately, it does feel to me like this story is starting to go off the rails a bit. I still find many of the scenes entertaining and interesting, but I also sense the growing messiness to the story in multiple areas. And the cast size probably could be handled better. The show seems to be trying to shove every notable character into every episode, and I feel like certain plot-likes are getting shortchanged because of it. Or, at least, they're lacking greater emotional oomph because of it. I actually felt nothing (emotionally) over what happened to Yuzuki in this episode, and I do like both her and Hitoe. But it's just everything happens so fast and furious, that I feel like the emotional impact of it is shortchanged some.

I think this season would probably be better off if it alternated focus more from episode-to-episode. Just my opinion.
Old 2018-05-05, 02:37   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

When you're the protagonist, you get $70 for free.

But I have to say it was nice seeing Hanayo-san use the Flathros, considering she is technically the Lrig that mains them, even though her design is different. I even have made that deck.

Quote:
So if a Selector turns into a LRIG, and she loses, she gets taken over by the opponent even if she already had a LRIG of her own? And her human body just flatout disappears? That seems to be what happened in Yuzuki's match, incredibly.
Yeah, so it seems that the Lrigs were actually the real people? That they physically disappear?
That's a lot of missing people, but then again, we have people changing personalities, suicides, and Tama turning into a real person since the first season, so well...

Quote:
I also found Suzuko's total change of heart to be a bit much. Yes, Hanna raised a good point, but it seems a bit extreme to me that Suzuko did a complete and immediate 180 just because of some words from Hanna.
It's extreme to call that a 180. It was a good point, so she felt somewhat hesitant. Nothing less, nothing more.

Old 2018-05-05, 03:29   Link #57
Shyni

It's funny that a tournament arc is treated as a surprising twist in this show.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 05:22   Link #58
IceHism

Man, people just lose the instant the key card is played. It's like they didn't feel like making more strategies and just wanted to lazy it out and get to the outcome.

Feels like the lostorage cast is a lot more important than the selector infected cast except for like ruuko tbh.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 05:45   Link #59
Kazu-kun

Yeah. The show is clearly catering to the Lostorage characters. It's disappointing since it was the worst season.
Old 2018-05-05, 09:08   Link #60
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

It's extreme to call that a 180. It was a good point, so she felt somewhat hesitant. Nothing less, nothing more.
Well, it certainly looked like a quick 180 to me. Due to one lone short discussion with Hanna, Suzuko goes from passionately wanting to restore Chinatsu's memories to passionately wanting to stop Chinatsu herself from trying to restore her memories.

And not that long ago, Hanna was arguing about how memories have value. And Hanna has clearly accepted her own troubling memories, and has moved on in her life. So it seems like both Suzuko and Hanna are making wild swings in their opinion on restoring lost memories.

I don't like these big and quick opinion swings, because it makes key characters seem overly flighty and impulsive to me. It also makes the character drama of this show seem more half-baked to me. I mean, "Suzuko will fight to restore Chinatsu's memories" had great potential and some good emotional oomph to me. And now, it feels to me like the wind has been taken out of those sails. I currently feel like this season of WIXOSS is trading off slowly simmering, solid, straightforward character drama for lots of quick cheap drama. Characters can change their opinion, but I'd rather it be spread out more than this, because then it feels more real and engaging to me. I think of how Chinatsu's character arc was handled in the previous Lostorage season. It wasn't perfect, but it felt more slow-burning and hence real to me.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2018-05-05 at 09:43.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote