AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 10:25   Link #41
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I was always wondering why Hime did not wanted to became a Phoenix. So far she showed no reluctance to kill her siblings. It looks like she knew that winning the fight actually means to loose herself.
I wonder why she waited so long to turn Hiro into Flame Warrior. It's true that Hiro no longer need to protect Hime - he could live even after her death. But she should be well aware about his love to her.
What is special about Hiro? He found Hime in a world between realms of living and dead - something only Hime believed to be possible, he found Hime in alternative timeline - something no one considered possible. His ability to sense danger and to protect Hime are considered exceptional. So far only his attack capabilities were laughable, but when Hime turned him into Flame Warrior is no longer true.
If you put this way. Theory time....
Spoiler for just in case:

Last edited by Soji; 2012-07-18 at 12:02.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 13:26   Link #42
SidVicious
Anime addict

Princess Resurrection Manga to End in February
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nd-in-february
Old 2013-01-24, 13:34   Link #43
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
That is too soon, I expected the final arc to last through the whole year
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 13:38   Link #44
Soji

Thanks for the info,I agree that seem too soon but at the same time I'm happy that we willsee the ending soon.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:47   Link #45
Velsy

It knew it was going into its final arc ? but it was only 1 chapter ?
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:18   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I saw an image of Hime on Pixiv, clicked on it, went to Pixiv Comics, and saw the big words "Kaibutsu Oujo Kanketsu (Finished)".
Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:03   Link #47
JokerD

Well, the final chapter has been scanlated, any comments.
I thought that some events came out of nowhere and could be better fleshed out, but that's just me...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:07   Link #48
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually it's not much of a surprise, given the HUGE amount of jumping forward and backward in the timeline. "Phoenix" Hime being the one influencing Hime to begin with? Makes sense in THIS series.

Though I would have wanted Hime to give Sherwood at least SOME clue that she was still out there, and looking out for her, until the next Succession Cycle at least.
Old 2013-04-11, 05:09   Link #49
Arturro

Good ending for a great series. I've only one complain - Buchi gainin powers at the last moment. I suppose those are aftereffect of his abduction by alien, but I found it anticlimatic. BTW - there is ongoing series about spider girl - Nakua-den, so probably we will see Hiro, Hime etc. in the future, at least as secondary characters.
At the end Hime revealed her name (Lilianne von Phoenix) to Hiro. Of coure some of her siblings were calling her Lilianne before, but so far she became furious when someone called her by name. Combined with Japanesse custom of using first name only between familiy, friends and lovers does it means she confirmed that she has feelings for Hiro?

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 06:29   Link #50
Soji

Arturro@I think so.....then again their entire talk can be taken as a confession.
It's up to us to decide whether or not to take it as confirmation .
As for me , I took the scene as confirmation because I can't see Lilianne tell him her full name(like you point out) and ask him something like that if she don't have feeling for him.....then again I can totally be wrong....but this is what I think.
Old 2013-04-18, 00:38   Link #51
backbone
Banned

Lost track of this manga years ago (only watched OVAs, and they were terrible), it seems i have to re-read again now that its ended already
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 09:46   Link #52
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just wondering, what is "loyalty" in Hiro's sense? Sure, he is a goody-two-shoes, she is what keep him alive, and of course their respective personalities that draw both together. However, I do feel that before Hiro became a blood servant, he is kind of a drifter - come to think of it, a kid from a divided family. In the series, he shows a surprisingly lack of self-interest, even for your typical protagonist. You could say that he is a kind of masochist, but not because of the pain, but because he could take it instead of Hime.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:03   Link #53
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Arturro@I think so.....then again their entire talk can be taken as a confession.
It's up to us to decide whether or not to take it as confirmation .
As for me , I took the scene as confirmation because I can't see Lilianne tell him her full name(like you point out) and ask him something like that if she don't have feeling for him.....then again I can totally be wrong....but this is what I think.

But didn't she say that in front of everyone?

I would have expected the confession to be more... private.

Still, the blush is kinda a giveaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Just wondering, what is "loyalty" in Hiro's sense? Sure, he is a goody-two-shoes, she is what keep him alive, and of course their respective personalities that draw both together. However, I do feel that before Hiro became a blood servant, he is kind of a drifter - come to think of it, a kid from a divided family. In the series, he shows a surprisingly lack of self-interest, even for your typical protagonist. You could say that he is a kind of masochist, but not because of the pain, but because he could take it instead of Hime.

I think that's exactly the point. Hiro was never really the focus, always underwhelming and ultimately felt like one of the weakest links in Hime's party. Yet through the entire manga, confrontation after confrontation, he always did his best even if that meant falling on his butt and being a typical victim.

It worked out in the end, but I think thats true loyalty. Not letting your weakness get in the way of duty or promise, no matter how small an impact you might make, and no matter how many better candidates there are around you.
Old 2014-05-30, 11:11   Link #54
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Umm... You miss my point. I mean that Hime is also the mental anchor to Hiro "existence" (she comes first, then his sisters and friends). The level of dependence is too high - even if he received someone else's blood, he would never be the Hiro we know.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 12:16   Link #55
Kurohane

The author mentioned in the interview in the final chapter that an extra book would be bundled with volume 20. Has anyone translated it, or know what it's about?
Old 2014-05-30, 12:23   Link #56
Soji

Mach56gs@As far I remember she said that in front everyone but was talking to Hiro.(direct to him).

Also, confessions can be more meaningful when said in front a many witnesses. Again, is up to you to choice whatever was a confession or not.

Kurohane@First time I hear about this.
I hope that someone can give us more info about this.
Old 2017-10-25, 09:59   Link #57
SidVicious
Anime addict

Princess Resurrection Gets New Manga Series in November

The December issue of Kodansha's Monthly Shonen Sirius magazine is revealing on Thursday that Yasunori Mitsunaga's Princess Resurrection (Kaibutsu Oujo) manga is getting a new series in the manga's next issue on November 25. The new series' tentative title remains the same as the previous manga.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...vember/.123106
Old 2017-10-25, 11:02   Link #58
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Let's hope that this time the plot will actually goes somewhere
Previously just a bunch of episodics
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 12:20   Link #59
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Could it be Lilian goes for the throne again this time? Last time i read is she has no interest to take the throne.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 12:40   Link #60
Kurohane

^ She can't because she used her phoenix abilities to turn herself and her two siblings normal. It could be about the little sister, or the werewolf, or the vampire with Liliane taking a supporting role. The spider god has a spinoff already so she's out of consideration.