AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-15, 14:21   Link #11741
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think it's a retcon of the main story, but just an alternative version. A separate series. So we don't have to think that this does anything to the main series because the main series is still there and it's its own canon. I do hope it gets a sequel at some point, though.

And like someone else said, maybe we'll get side-stories like this for each of the girls. If so, we shouldn't take them as the author retconning the main series but rather as them being separate series altogether.
Old 2018-07-15, 19:20   Link #11742
Kibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
I dunno, dude. I like the chemistry between Tigre and Elen from the original series. And this is his original idea for the title's original timeline. Let's hope this timeline seperated from the original counterpart...

Also, you mention about it, after thinking I too have some mixed feeling about it: On one hand, we will likely to see characters that is not found in the original story, such as Mila's mama Lana or even some of Mila's subordinates (Like Lim to Elen). On the other hand, because this alternative timeline somehow restart Tigre's journey for greatness, this means the story itself also retelling Tigre's struggles and pain in order to achieve something, or other character switch their roles (such as what if Regin became a villain and stages a civil war).
Huh? The First part of your comment makes no sense. It's like your saying I didn't like the development between Ellen and Tigre. I loved it. Which is why I feel "disappointed" and conflicted with this "alternate story".

To clarify, I'm saying that because the author is making this alternate story different from the original, it gave me this impression that the author didn't like the chemistry between Ellen and Tigre and would've preferred a MillaxTigre story (I obviously could be wrong, but it's just giving me that kind of feeling). Of course, I have nothing against Milla, hence the "conflicting" feelings....
Which again, led me to the second part of my comment on how if the author is going to do a story with Tigre choosing Mila, then I hope the author does it with the other Vanadis too (or at least any girls who had feelings for Tigre).
Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 07:46   Link #11743
Chingaruna517

^...ok, my bad for that one because misunderstood about what you said from the post. I especially like the original route too, actually.

Last edited by Chingaruna517; 2018-07-17 at 00:46.
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 08:39   Link #11744
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I also prefer the route taken in the original series. But I don't the author is doing this alternate story because he doesn't like the TigrexElen pairing. I think he may just want to show alternatives with each of the girls who love him being the first.
Old 2018-07-16, 09:24   Link #11745
Skyterror3381
Blood Champion

Separate series for each girl? That reminds me of Yosuga no sora.
Skyterror3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 00:46   Link #11746
Chingaruna517

@DragonOsman Maybe because Mila is the popular Vanadis even than Elen? I still like the Tigre x Elen pairing regardless, thought I would like to give this alternative timeline a shot so long it doesn't screwed with the original counterpart.
Old 2018-07-17, 01:27   Link #11747
AndySimpson96

Hopefully Yen or Seven Seas pick it up, so we'll finally get something official.
AndySimpson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 04:47   Link #11748
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySimpson96 View Post
Hopefully Yen or Seven Seas pick it up, so we'll finally get something official.
i prefer j-novel....fuk yen press....u know if yen presss pick this 1 year just for 1 vol
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 09:08   Link #11749
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I still want my fan-translations, unless there's a way for me to be able to read the official translations still (I'm at a place where I can't get them easily if I just try to buy it).
Old 2018-07-18, 05:42   Link #11750
Chingaruna517

Alright, until the book is official release in the near future, there are some room for personal speculations for the upcoming new timeline.

Here is my personal speculations for this alternative timeline:
  • Since Tigre is still shunned and ridiculed by his fellow citizens (again, even in the new timeline), it is possible that Brune is still a corrupted kingdom like its original counterpart, albeit in different circumstances. In this timeline, me speculating that House Charles is not the ruling family of Brunish Nobility but under either House Thenardier/House Ganelon, with Regin may be a descendant to either of theses houses but whichever the family she is in, she is always the "black sheep" among the two. Even if by any chances that Regin is the surviving member of House Charles anyhow, she will become a prisoner of the infamous regime of either one of these royal families.
  • As for Zhcted, the King of Zhcted may not be Viktor. Instead of the old man, the king is Ruslan with Tina as his queen whilst Fine as the bodyguard of the two: Just like the Original Tina intended. In this timeline, Tina actually helping Ruslan for the crown by eliminating anyone from House Estes (saved Valery) and Osterode is flourished as the result. Fine on the other hand is recruited by Tina after she betrayed the Silver Gale Mercenaries. The original cast for the Vanadis position may remains, but their personality could be different,
    • Liza being Elen's drinking buddy instead of rivals from the beginning. She may even have a future apprentice for the next Vanadis of Lebus.
    • Olga instead being older and not a 14 year old teen.
    • Sofy may be the one who vows to overthrow Ruslan and Tina for some reason, for she cannot stand Tina's antics. (The original timeline stated that the relationship between Tina and Sofy are like water and oil, so I'm not too surprised to see Sofy's hostility against Tina again.)
  • Since Lana and Urs are alive in this timeline, be prepared to expect that they too have their own subordinates to keep an eye on both Tigre and Mila too. Caretaker can be either Bertrand, Auguste. Titta or even somebody from House Lourie to keep their relationship in check.
  • Although I really don't wish to see that slime back again, Greast may return and shift his lust after Mila instead of Elen. Even by 100% that Greast will never return to the series, someone will reprises Greast's role to antagonize the relationship between Tigre and Elen, just like Greast's own against Tigre and Elen's relationship from the original timeline.

Last edited by Chingaruna517; 2018-07-18 at 12:00.
Old 2018-07-18, 06:24   Link #11751
LeftSeven
2D artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
Greast may return and shift his lust after Mila instead of Elen. Even by 100% that Greast will never return to the series, someone will reprises Greast's role to antagonize the relationship between Tigre and Elen, much Greast's own against Tigre and Elen's relationship. [/LIST]
or he would be tigre's right hand to replace rurick's role

you forget one thing, roland, he might not be dead this time, i guess he can be tigre's main force.
Old 2018-07-18, 07:27   Link #11752
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Roland should be alive. He died later on in the original series, too, so he should be alive at least in the beginning of this alternate timeline one.
Old 2018-07-18, 08:19   Link #11753
Chingaruna517

@LeftSeven and @DragonOsman Ah yes, Roland the strongest knight of Brune. How am I supposed to forget that! Many thanks for reminding me about him, folks. Anyhow, since Michelia Timeline differs from the original counterpart, we can speculate how different about Roland can be (but please author, don't even try to change/nerf his personality!),
  1. Aside from his unexpected survival from his horrible fate from the original timeline, Roland may play a crucial part for Tigre's path for greatness. He could be one of very few who people in Brune who sympathizes Tigre's position, considering the early alliance between Brune and Zhcted against the Muozinel Invasion. Note: The only reason why Brune and Zhcted are not against each other from the original series, despite the former's civil war in fact, was due to the rise of the Silver Meteor Army especially with Tigre was at Elen's side at that time.
  2. Instead of facing against Sachstein Army of the west, Roland may have to deal with both Sachstein and Asvarre at the same time in order to protect Brune from its western enemies.

Speaking of Muozinel Invasion, has anyone wondering what was their motivation in invading their neighboring kingdoms? In the original timeline, the only reason for Muozinel to invade Brune was due to Roland's own demise by Ganelon's bee room. In Michelia Timeline however, Muozinel's invasion is rather an unprovoked one and seeing the alliance between Brune and Zhcted just to repel that invasion, it indicating that the enemy forces' prowess is nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited by Chingaruna517; 2018-07-18 at 10:39.
Old 2018-07-18, 17:15   Link #11754
KnightShade

Lmao madan getting a alt reality series and im just here still waitin on more trans.

One thing u guys are missing here; certain characters could be friends or foes depending on how the author is feelin
Old 2018-07-19, 17:01   Link #11755
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It'd be ironic if Greast is an ally in this one instead.
Old 2018-07-19, 20:39   Link #11756
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It'd be ironic if Greast is an ally in this one instead.
oh god no

i was hoping for good valentina (such a waste lol)

LUdmilla looks way better in this timeline (if that was even possible)
Old 2018-07-20, 09:50   Link #11757
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I was half-joking about Greast.

Good point about Valentina, though.

And yeah, Mila does look much better in this timeline.

By the way, have you read the spoilers for Shin DxD Volume 1? They're out. Go to the last page of the thread for the most accurate spoilers we could get.
Old 2018-07-20, 10:54   Link #11758
LeftSeven
2D artist

ah c'mon, that's good move.
having an ally/advisor like greast would make this plot more interesting,
who knows, he would give weird advice to tigre that make his tactic more unpredictable.
Old 2018-07-20, 14:36   Link #11759
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I was half-joking about Greast.

Good point about Valentina, though.

And yeah, Mila does look much better in this timeline.

By the way, have you read the spoilers for Shin DxD Volume 1? They're out. Go to the last page of the thread for the most accurate spoilers we could get.
Thanks for the heads up
Old 2018-07-20, 21:19   Link #11760
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyterror3381 View Post
Separate series for each girl? That reminds me of Yosuga no sora.
You know, it's actually a crying shame that more harem series or eroge-to-anime adaptations haven't used Yosuga no Sora's directorial style and arc-seperated stories for each heroine.

What I don't get about this whole "alternate timeline reboot" thing is, will Mila be the only one who gets this treatment? Were there not enough fans of, say, Lim or Sofy or even Titta to get their own timelines expanded on? If that's the case, their fans probably won't be happy.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)