4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.68%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-16, 00:58   Link #121
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

[death] NOTE: I just noticed this post has nothing to do with Code Geass. Sorry! I'll make amends shortly. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Are you trying to stimulate critical thinking, or do you expect us all to accept and convert to your process of analyzing matter?
The former, of course. I usually refrain from actually giving my opinion because it's hard on my poor weak hands and it takes a lot of thought, but in situations where opinions are almost always one sided I throw a wrench in the machinery to sort of "wake up everyone". I'd say if there's group-think phenomenon on the internet, it's caused by discussion topics in the heart of a devoted community.

Consider this; we're here to discuss anime, right? What's to discuss if we all love it? Discussion isn't possible if arguments are lop-sided, and for the past couple weeks when I've been in silent dissent the vast majority of arguments flowed one way. The other dissenters who have anted up arguments couldn' t sustain them, so like the meddler that I am I decided to interfere.

It's not about imposing my views on other people, it's about having people develop their own thoughts, rather than simply grow around seeds of ideas implanted by other people. If I've got to do the same, so be it; we'll raise a diverse forest instead of a homogenous one.

Quote:
How much satisfaction can you derive from life simply by criticizing anything and everything that is done, is seen, is heard, etc.?
It's not the criticism that's fun, it's the thinking. I like using my brain, learning and teaching; it's a very involving process for me. At the same time, I'd like other people to pursue a summum bonum of the same variety, since at the very least I enlighten them to new ideas, either in support or challenging the status quo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Eh, why are you quoting that as being from me? I didn't write that.
Sorry, that must have been a mistake. I am operating on a lap-top, you know; my typographical error count is skyrocketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You're comparing shows you personally dislike to something federally illegal?
Wow, you totally failed to draw the connection I was making from that. o.O

I guess this forum needs a lot more work than I thought. *equips gloves*

Think for a moment; why is crack-cocaine illegal? I mean, the people most likely to use it are "dead weight" from a cost-benefit analysis point of view anyway; a political 'realist' would claim them to be better off dead!

The reason is: political constituencies don't like them. It's not a rational reason at all, but merely a personal preference, so they come up with excuses like "it's for the best of the drug abusers" to justify their action, when really it's just an instance of taste.

My personal preference is that all people think critically and use rationality appropriately, with the pretense being a difference of views. As in the analogy earlier, its not rational (do I really want to make people who could potentially be my rivals in the future smarter?!) but I still want it to happen. One could call it a "devil's advocate" position, but in this case I actually agree with the position I'm assuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Masturbating in public, however, is not.
I always get a smile when people see someone take an aggresive stance on something and go, "LOL E-PEEN STROKING LOL". If you're too lazy to attack my arguments directly, you might as well not reduce yourself to being so crude with your reservations! Afterall, I'm stepping up to plate so there's no reason for you lot to risk your "street credit" here; there's a world to lose, but nothing to gain. :|

Quote:
Eh, reconcile with the Black Knights? Sure some of them are having doubts, but I don't see this being so bad that he needs to "reconcile" with them.
The idea that "doubt" is being cast in the minds of some Knights is a bad sign. Just look at what I'm doing; if I introduce a new idea, that leads to questioning of the status quo. While that's not exactly rebellion, it's a seed that could potentially sprout into such.

Lelouch needs to pluck out that seed before it takes root. He's alreadly lost Ougi in that regard.

Quote:
I don't see Lelouch obtaining these objectives by the end of season 1 at all. Nor do I think he was ever intended to obtain them by then. I get the distinct feeling the season will end on a cliffhanger. From the spoilers we've seen...
I know, I feel the same way. That's why I'm concerned; CG will almost certainly have a sucky end. Either the ending will have a rushed capsulation or it'll extend into season II on a cliff-hanger, which isn't good for maintaining interest in this show. I mean, are we really going to wait eight months to see whether or not Lelouch lives or dies (hypothetical)? The impact of seeing the resoluton is significantly lessened.

Spoiler:

With Schneizel at the helm, I doubt Lelouch will gain support after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I'd say it's the exact opposite for "Shonen" such as Naruto or Bleach: they start with one setting and one setting alone.
One element does not exactly differentiate Geass from other shounen, though I'd actually disagree and say while Geass had predominantly "one setting" it's always had numerous minor settings as well that have become a lot more important. In that, it's no different from a long running shounen where minor characters get a lot more important.

Id est off of the top of my head: Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho. She was basically a one-arc character who suddenly came back for more later in the story. Sort of follows Orange-kun's plot path, actually.

Quote:
Mecha has always been more of layered endevours, as there's usually at least a "political machinations" plot thread of some sort in the background.
Except G Gundam! Oh man, I've GOT to watch that show now; it sounds awesome and has "dominion over everything totally sweet".

Bonus points for the reference. ^O^;

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-03-16 at 01:40. Reason: Now it's on-topic. Sort-of. Also, less inflammatory; harm isn't meant.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:01   Link #122
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

ep 20 is where the downfall started
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:16   Link #123
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post

Spoiler:

With Schneizel at the helm, I doubt Lelouch will gain support after this.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-16, 01:18   Link #124
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
ep 20 is where the downfall started
LOL. It was really cheesy at times, but I found it rather amusing. I don't think we're going to see more of this anytime soon though.
Old 2007-03-16, 01:24   Link #125
Juvyniled

@Malintex: I suppose Code Geass sold out all the extreme "experienced" viewers that had high expectations of the show. I'm not much of a critic to assess every factor to which an anime can/should be judged. If the series is decent enough for me to make analysis of the ongoing events and characters, then I suppose it'll keep me occupied. I guess, sorry you couldn't "enjoy" the show more?

Quote:
everyone here is swept up in the "passion of Geass" so this show can do no wrong right now.
Oh, but the show can do many many things wrong, even down the path it has taken. Lelouch has become such an icon, that anything that goes wrong with him will destroy a huge portion of the fanbase (something I hate to admit but is true for all 'heroic' characters that act more than they speak ). If the directors designed the show to satisfy their viewers, then they are bringing about a massive revolution by giving more attention to characters unassociated with the protagonist.

Quote:
when I first saw this show and knew nothing about it, I was expecting something bold and unique.
Face it, these companies all sell out sooner or later. If you want something "bold and unique", design it yourself, or go read literature (which although not visual will more than likely produce something that fits your standards). Geass is rather "refreshing" as most others have said, by using a character who is nothing like previous 'heroes' depicted in other mecha series.

Quote:
That's not what I see as the primary problem of the story. Take Star Wars, where the super-natural element was only a small part of the story. It's the same with Geass.
Geass is of greater importance to Lelouch than the force was to Luke. Did Luke need the force? Possibly, but being more agile and skillful with a lightsaber could've covered his lack of supernatural assistance. Lelouch requires Geass for a variety of things. I won't go into more detail than this. But returning to your main point in how the events seem to be rather opportunistic and timely for characters, I suppose it may seem excessive, but each of the character's natures contributes to those random occurences.

Quote:
Geass has the influence! None of this recent trash was needed!
Given it's massive publicity and initial influence, I suppose they didn't necessarily need to supply the plot with cliches. But looking at the definition of cliche, one keyword strikes me - commonplace. It happens because it is a rather common expectation, and that is all that people expect from characters such as Suzaku and Euphemia, when compared to the likes of C.C. and Lelouch. Suzaku and Euphemia have been casted as traditional heroes in the mecha world - seeking peace through resolving conflict rather than destruction. So it can only be expected that this would be their approach, because it IS common. We've seen how similar characters have fared in other related shows, and that is the expectation. But we don't see characters like Lelouch often enough, and hence we expect something different. When they use too many cliches in relation to Lelouch, it'll be a problem, though I fear it is heading there all too early.

Quote:
To clarify, I originally liked Sayoko because she was a pretty maid who worked hard but was fortunate to be employed by kind people who respected her and acknowledged her existence and individuality; she was kind to them in turn, but had no idea of their secret identities.
Irony can be interesting, but her intentions are no longer secret, so where ever that is headed, I can't see something major out of it. Unless of course she offers to high-ranking Britannians the identity of Zero in return for the peace of the Japanese people (unlikely).

I won't quote specifics in your last argument, but I'll say this as my own recent-developing opinion. I don't believe the whole series alltogether was intended to focus solely on Lelouch's character, but to use his perspective to develop the plot, though I have no doubt in my mind that focusing primarily on Lelouch would have been interesting (though it hasn't lost all of its interest yet, even if it is tanking).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:43   Link #126
SinsI

Quote:
as we can see, there were no apparent timeskips in this season, so everything appears to be happening on a daily/weekly basis, and I'm pretty sure Lelouch's rebellion is not going to be resolved in a couple of months).
One was very obvious: in episode 8 OOtBK was just established, in episode 9 it's already famous and flourishing. My estimate is that at least three months had passed inbetween.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:53   Link #127
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
One was very obvious: in episode 8 OOtBK was just established, in episode 9 it's already famous and flourishing. My estimate is that at least three months had passed inbetween.
After reviewing the episodes, 8 contains the incident involving the hostages. There's no doubt that after that event, the Order was going to gain massive appeal and recognition. I don't really see the "flourishing" that is occuring between the episodes and there isn't much to indicate that much of a time gap.
Old 2007-03-16, 01:54   Link #128
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-16, 02:06   Link #129
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
in this episode the most pity is C.C because of shirley all the pizza ruined
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 02:15   Link #130
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Finally saw the episode, looks like Geass is back on track with another excellent episode. We got to see everything from multiple cheese-kuns, to a zombie Karen.(side note: When Karen does discover that Lelouch is Zero, I expect there to be some very funny moments maybe with her dragging this up) We even got to see Cornelia getting embarrassed by her big brother. I also enjoyed the girl that makes sketches on the wall dressed up and still being geassed.

Yuffie, what a completely foolish thing that you have done. This will without a doubt, bring dissension within the black knights, cause chaos throughout Area 11 and the other areas, and extremely piss Lelouch off. Suzaku will no doubt be overjoyed with this idea because he's an idiotic idealist like Yuffie. I wonder if if Nunnally could feel Lelouch's anger at the end because he was still holding her hand.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 02:25   Link #131
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, when I read those spoilers I got the impression Lelouch's mistake was GEASS-ing Shirley instead of outright killing her. I mean, she's bit him in the arse a lot in this series, hasn't she? If there's any Shaa that could potentially be a knife in Lelouch's heart, it's Shirley's very meaningless life.

Of course, I do not mean to rat on her without justification; I liked her a lot and thought episode fourteen was bitter-sweet and awesome (such that I listened to the raw something like eight times) but she's really been a burden since.

Quote:
@Malintex: I suppose Code Geass sold out all the extreme "experienced" viewers that had high expectations of the show. I'm not much of a critic to assess every factor to which an anime can/should be judged. If the series is decent enough for me to make analysis of the ongoing events and characters, then I suppose it'll keep me occupied. I guess, sorry you couldn't "enjoy" the show more?
I've enjoyed it pretty thoroughly, but like FSN I saw a lot of potential that never came to fruitition. Given GEASS' budget is easily many times larger than FSN, it's all the more disappointing to see its resources not being used to their fullest extent. If Higgy or FSN had even half of GEASS' budget (and Sunrise as a studio) they would be legendary/godly adaptions.

Quote:
Oh, but the show can do many many things wrong, even down the path it has taken. Lelouch has become such an icon, that anything that goes wrong with him will destroy a huge portion of the fanbase (something I hate to admit but is true for all 'heroic' characters that act more than they speak ). If the directors designed the show to satisfy their viewers, then they are bringing about a massive revolution by giving more attention to characters unassociated with the protagonist.
Yeah, that could potentially be a killer; I've talked to others before about the possibility of season II being "Suzaku of the Counter Attack" and all of them have shivered at the thought. Oh god, that would be a nightmare come true.

Quote:
Face it, these companies all sell out sooner or later.
I could not complain if I didn't have some sort of standard to contrast Geass with, and in this case it's GITS: SAC. A huge part of GITS could have been re-oriented toward low-brow fanservice but the show kept it tasteful, and when not tasteful intellectual. GITS isn't exactly a mecha show but there are mechs in it and Bandai was involved; as far as I'm concerned, it's a bar that has yet to be jumped by another show and it's still being maintained with each new installment. I might not have liked GIG II as much as the first season, but the quality hasn't dipped at all. It's still one of the most epic shows I have ever seen.

I've never seen more than a couple minutes of E7 but I've heard it's a comparable "standard-setting" show to GITS (though the dub is poor).

When I first saw Geass, I immediately recognized it had enough potential to surpass GITS; as of right now, I've lost that faith, and now I'm holding onto the hope that it'll have a believable ending and not "putter out" like so many promising shows have in the past.

One of my friends drew a Saikano parallel but I've never seen the show; maybe you lot could elaborate.

Quote:
Geass is rather "refreshing" as most others have said, by using a character who is nothing like previous 'heroes' depicted in other mecha series.
I know that well; Lelouch is an excellent character in a not so excellent anime. His entire existence and complex personality is the whole draw of the show; he's the god-dang Batman (if you pardon the cliche and pun).

Quote:
Geass is of greater importance to Lelouch than the force was to Luke. Did Luke need the force? Possibly, but being more agile and skillful with a lightsaber could've covered his lack of supernatural assistance.
I'm not sure how that relates to "the universe/plot does not revolve around any one character" but nevertheless I'll address it; I think competent lightsaber dueling was impossible without the Force, if you remember what Kenobi was teaching in Episode IV. I doubt Luke could have suceeded without the Force, and at the same time it endangered the Rebel Alliance and saved them. If he didn't exist, the Rebels would have survived.

Now, CG would be nothing without Lelouch. He's so pivotal to the story it's scary what could happen if he dies or fudges up royally somewhere.

Quote:
Lelouch requires Geass for a variety of things. I won't go into more detail than this. But returning to your main point in how the events seem to be rather opportunistic and timely for characters, I suppose it may seem excessive, but each of the character's natures contributes to those random occurences.
While true that some of the "contrived" events have some basis, we cannot deny tat they are still very real only because the plot demands a sequence of events leading to something (like the coincidental stealing of Gawain); however, that's not the sole crux of my argument. The way the story is directed leaves some weird "event dis-junctures" or make decisions based on weird circumstances as well. Remember when the hotel hijacking incident? Cornelia gave some sort of argument that, "if we attack him he'll take those people as hostages again"! Well, what happens when Lelouch moves away from the hostages? Shouldn't that be a good opportunity to kill him since he's stuck on a boat?

However, the episode ends at the end of the speech so we never see what happens. Nor do we see Katase escaping from the center of a mountain, when all logic would tell us that he's stuck in there due to the avalanche, which should have collapsed any escape routes. Or, how did Lelouch get the bomb to blow up Katase's ship? There's also the subject of "threats" to; when Lelouch threatens to kill himself in front of C.C., she takes him seriously when there's no benefit of him doing that. The same applies to Kirihara Taizou's hostage situation. If people stopped being so hot-headed and were more rational, they'd realize how foolish they are in falling prey to Lelouch's drama.

Quote:
Given it's massive publicity and initial influence, I suppose they didn't necessarily need to supply the plot with cliches. But looking at the definition of cliche, one keyword strikes me - commonplace. It happens because it is a rather common expectation, and that is all that people expect from characters such as Suzaku and Euphemia, when compared to the likes of C.C. and Lelouch. Suzaku and Euphemia have been casted as traditional heroes in the mecha world - seeking peace through resolving conflict rather than destruction. So it can only be expected that this would be their approach, because it IS common. We've seen how similar characters have fared in other related shows, and that is the expectation. But we don't see characters like Lelouch often enough, and hence we expect something different. When they use too many cliches in relation to Lelouch, it'll be a problem, though I fear it is heading there all too early.
Well, revisiting and examining cliches is a staple of "improvement" oriented shows; it's the "what can we do differently" hook factor that gets people to actually watch them. My beef is Japan's collective tend to favour even the most commonplace cliche with just the slightest of twists; Goku versus Luffy for example. Basically the same character, but one nearly isn't as polite and fights with a rubber body. Another more relevant example would be Light Yagami and Lelouch; Lelouch has Light's intelligence and a simmilarly "manipulative" ability befitting his intellect, but he's only half as ruthless.

I'd like to see evolution beyond "revisions", though; instead of, "how can we improve this character" I'd love to see characters that are totally original, who serve as archetypes.

One of the reasons I like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is because it's got one such character - Kyon. There isn't another person in anime/manga I can think of who is like him; there are simmilar characters like, say, the "laconic genuis" sterotype a la Shikamaru of Naruto, but there's no one exactly older and simmilar enough to Kyon to call him a "revision". In spite of a lot of stuff I dislike in Haruhi, the existence of Kyon makes the whole show worth it.

Even if "archetype" characters aren't possible, slight revision of all stereotypes is also welcome. The problem is, Euphemia and Suzaku aren't revised at all; they're still hard-headed stock characters. :|

C.C. is largely a mystery, but her spunk is original, I'll say that. It's too early to tell if she's really a new archetype or a revision.

Quote:
Irony can be interesting, but her intentions are no longer secret, so where ever that is headed, I can't see something major out of it. Unless of course she offers to high-ranking Britannians the identity of Zero in return for the peace of the Japanese people (unlikely).
I'm hoping nothing pivotal involves it; if it's a small incident I'll be content, since "the small stuff adds up". I'm speaking from personal experience here as well as what I've read in the Higgy sub-forum.

Quote:
I won't quote specifics in your last argument, but I'll say this as my own recent-developing opinion. I don't believe the whole series alltogether was intended to focus solely on Lelouch's character, but to use his perspective to develop the plot, though I have no doubt in my mind that focusing primarily on Lelouch would have been interesting (though it hasn't lost all of its interest yet, even if it is tanking).
I see what you're saying, though I do think even if that were the case, the show wouldn't be stagnating if the characters it focused on now were not Euphemia and Suzaku. I mean, seeing some of Geass from Cornelia's perspective would be positively orgasmic (pardon the hiccup)! Not just her small plot-progressing "oh I'm so busy" moments, but more internal struggle stuff like when she was contemplating how to address the hijacking incident.

Or a perspective from a commoner's point of view, like how they view Zero and the royalty. Heck, even focusing on Mao would have been an improvement over watching Suzaku and Euphemia walk around without brains for the past eight or so episodes (not including the Mao Arc).
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 02:37   Link #132
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Just curious, what consists of an "extreme experienced viewers"?
I probably have at least 20 years more "experience" viewing anime than 90% of the people here, and I don't care for any of the so-called "problems" mentioned by him.

Some people simply want to "justify" the reasoning why certain shows don't fit "their taste", and try to convince others of the same.
Which is totally silly, IMO.
It's a freakin cartoon for god's sake. Watch it for what it is, not what it isn't. It's there to entertain, and if it doesn't entertain you... then you're simply watching the wrong show.

There are tons of anime I find uninteresting or crappy.
But I'm not gonna go to every single one of those community, and tell people who are enjoying the show how crappy their show is, and try to convince them to feel the same. That's not "educated" like he claims, that's simply "immature".

What's even more, looking at posts on both here and spoiler thread, many doesn't even seem to understand everything said in the said episode.
How the heck do you criticise something before you even know what took place? If you're unsure, wait for the subs before jumping the gun.
Old 2007-03-16, 02:47   Link #133
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Okay, this is a continuation from my previous post about how Euphie's actions will end in fire...

I need to make it very clear. What Euphie want to achieve, a zone within Area 11 where Numbers get more rights, is not impossible. I frequent the spoiler thread, and when I first heard of Euphie's plan there, my response wasn't "she is doomed!" but of "she is doing something about her desires at last!".

You see, what I hoped was that Euphie might be intelligent enough to realise her dream needed far more than royal order to occur. Something along the lines of secret meetings with government groups, consulting lawyers, make deals with people from Kyoto and even Zero, pay money to those who would be disadvantaged by this, thrash out rudimentary treaties and new laws within the special zone, have Cornelia's silent consent (her approval is impossible to get), and otherwise make preparations for when things go horribly wrong...

...THEN Euphie could declare her plan to a live audience.

But instead, Euphie performed the Code Geass equivalent of "let them eat cake!".

Now, this isn't a bad thing for the show. I was merely expecting some sort of metamorphosis from Euphie, and indeed she did change. It's just that I wasn't expecting her to be that much of a Meer Campbell. My previous hypothesis concerning Euphie and Suzaku, was that Euphie would take Suzaku as her inspiration and single-handedly try to make both their dreams come true. Sadly, now I know Suzaku is completely and utterly doomed. He hedge his bets on a Britannia princess who couldn't negotiate herself out of a paper bag.

This ought to teach Suzaku not to judge political savy by hair colour ; now as I said, he is stuck with Meer Campbell MK-II. And we all know what happens when the blind leads the blind...

p.s. I am loving the way the show is going, so this isn't a complaint in any way. It wasn't what I expected, but why should it be?

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-03-16 at 05:56.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 03:08   Link #134
JediNight
キズランダム

Uhh.... so how exactly has Code Geass "Sold out" per se? With Ep20: Suzaku has always had his own agenda, so how he acts is not surprising at all, and Lelouch was also acting within his own agenda for WHY he was "helping" Britannia beat the Chinese forces.

Ep21 is also a very standard storytelling device -- I knew from the start of the episode that this lightheartedness would follow with shit hitting the fan at the end of the episode, and thats exactly what happened.

If I had to make a major gripe about the show at this point, it would be the copout with Shirley. That along with having all these people with double lives crossing paths makes things extremely complicated and you hang your head at how they don't all get discovered. So I just hope they don't do that again.

What is an "experienced" viewer anyways? The fact that the character designs are by CLAMP should tell you that they were going for a wide appeal with Code Geass. So sorry if you were expecting another GITS. That said, I think they've done a decent job with it so far. Theres some cheesecake with the CC cosplay and Pizza Hut, etc. but it's all in good fun, and I think fans have gotten a lot of laughs out of the pizza jokes. Heck -- my friends are planning to have like 5 people walk around in Pizza Hut uniforms at Acen to take pictures with other Code Geass cosplayers
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 03:29   Link #135
monstratboy

Cheese man, Suzaku has tried to kill and capture Zero several times and has made it clear that Zero is wrong in the way he does things and Suzaku would never agree with his actions.... Lelouch forgives him and saves him every couple of episodes(maybe thats what Suzaku really doesn't like about Zero with his death/punishment wish).

Anyway Euphemia wants to help Lelouch, Zero, Nunally and everybody else. And it seems Lelouch wants to wrangle her neck. One can't blame him, but I feel sorry for her especially since Lelouch is even more upset that she has kept Suzaku from Nunnally.

I actually really liked the Ogi x Viletta. Their interactions went right into heavy soap opera style. I found their last scene amusing.

I think Schneizel is like Zero in that they use and discard pawns as they see fit. I don't think he's going to be evil. In this show royalty pretty much do what they do for their own image and power.

Its going to be interesting to see if Zero will actually be the one to covertly instigate the Britannian act which FUBARs Euphemia's plans.

Lelouch - "Not only have you ruined my original plans you naive princess, but you also dare to take the man Nunnally and I had chosen as her future companion and protector! (Glare intensifies) For that alone you die! Bitch!"

ALso has their been any other person so far who has such long pink hair in this show. Hats and glasses really must have some powerful stealth properties. Sci fi artists must really like to emphasize the sci fi aspect in everything.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 05:52   Link #136
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

So Terek finally exploded . Good. I was begining to think he vanished form the face of internet

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 06:14   Link #137
0rphen21
^.^

well i guess Euphie is really impulsive this is so much like her love confession to Suzaku but at least she consulted with Schneizel or was that a bad thing because Schneizel is or imo is the mid boss in the series while the final boss is the king he could have easily manipulated Euphie rather than say it was bad idea he said it was good one then he can just easily sit back and watch as sh*t hits the fan

i really dread Violeta regaining her memory cause i really like the VioletaXOugi pairing

oh and Shirley is so funny even if she can't remember Lulu she still gets jealous easily
Old 2007-03-16, 06:27   Link #138
kakashi524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
wonder if she's going to be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that Lelouch is an imperial prince.

lord things would get complicated for her then.

what, you mean other than Euphie's master plan? or the fact Sayoko's been working for Diethard? or Nunnally meeting Diethard again? oh, and now Lu and Kallen know about Ougixsome girl (Villetta), that'll be fun later.
Heck Yeah!!! The most important and expected revelation was Kallen finding out that our Lulu is her Zero .

Plus, when did Diethard meet Nunnally?
Old 2007-03-16, 06:37   Link #139
kakashi524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pracharat View Post
I'm quite sure that Sunrise will never reveal us how C.C. ....
Spoiler:
CC's Geass allows her to place all the pizza she eats in her ass.

Mystery solved.
Old 2007-03-16, 10:04   Link #140
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
Just curious, what consists of an "extreme experienced viewers"?
I defined it as someone who expected the show to be strictly a certain way and anything else that would steer the anime off course would immediately destroy all their expectations of the show. I really didn't mean much in the "experienced" label since many of you guys have seen a wide variety of anime series; I was simply using the label he described himself with.

I refer to him as extreme because everyone else seems to be ok with harem-like cast and what not. Though that was not what I expected, it doesn't 'destroy' the whole series for me or even disappoint me really, is what I'm trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Uhh.... so how exactly has Code Geass "Sold out" per se? With Ep20: Suzaku has always had his own agenda, so how he acts is not surprising at all, and Lelouch was also acting within his own agenda for WHY he was "helping" Britannia beat the Chinese forces.
I'm talking in the overall sense. The story isn't strictly focused on Lelouch's story and having a multitude of females introduces a romantic side to the series. Did I expect something of the sort? Yeah as it is really becoming standard in mecha series. But for the extremist, they were hoping for more of Lelouch's struggles and how he overcame them.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Juvyniled; 2007-03-16 at 10:29. Reason: Added extra comment