AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 09:03   Link #161
GDB

Well, the clock/gear thing was a very big part of the zone or whatever you call it where the final battle took place in Xillia 1. That's likely where it comes from. Though Ludger is a Kresnick, which has a connection to Maxwell and likely that zone.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 06:42   Link #162
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
The Milla from the first Xillia has been confirmed now.

Well this is gonna be insteresting. There have been plenty of anime characters with girls, but I wonder how Jude will handle the presence of (technically) two of the girl he likes?
Old 2012-10-28, 05:38   Link #163
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Well this is gonna be insteresting. There have been plenty of anime characters with girls, but I wonder how Jude will handle the presence of (technically) two of the girl he likes?
How Jude handles? More like...

Spoiler for img:

It begs the question whether or not Jude even sees the new 'Milla' the same way he did with the original...

If he did, it would technically solve all the problems, but it just somehow doesn't feel as... right.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 05:45   Link #164
Key Board
Carbon

I'm not sure if Jude has enough drive for that

He seems very.. what's the word... relenting? when it comes to Millia

Actually when I first heard the tagline for Xilia 2 (would you destroy the current world for a girl?)

I thought Jude had decided to go full Lelouch. I was disappointed when it was referring to something else.

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 06:37   Link #165
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Actually when I first heard the tagline for Xilia 2 (would you destroy the current world for a girl?)

I thought Jude had decided to go full Lelouch. I was disappointed when it was referring to something else.

Heh, I had the same thought.

Especially given the parallels between Jude & Gaius back in Xillia 1, and what Gaius's motives and methods were back in Xillia.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 10:32   Link #166
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
How Jude handles? More like...

Spoiler for img:
Didn't take long for the fan artists to capitalize on that, eh?

Quote:
It begs the question whether or not Jude even sees the new 'Milla' the same way he did with the original...

If he did, it would technically solve all the problems, but it just somehow doesn't feel as... right.
I agree on the not feeling right thing.....unless they develop JudexNew Milla some. Still, honestly I would be disappointed if Bamco didn't try and capitalize on the potential of MillaxJudexMilla in some way. Even Elize wanted to see something romantic happen this time. (maybe a subtle hint from Bamco? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

Maybe I'm just slow, but that thought never occured to me at all.
Old 2012-10-28, 12:38   Link #167
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/67289...lia-2/64450255
http://tokkurin.net/archives/50792364.html

..it looks like we can change the model of our character with another character. For example, I could have Elise using Jao's model... the bad news is, they still retain their original moves and voice. The good news, it looks like there will be several cameo characters models that we can use.

Honestly I'm looking forward to this more than costume in-game/dlc.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 12:47   Link #168
GDB

For alt!Milla, it looks like she's getting more development with Ludger. So either Jude doesn't care because it's not "his Milla", or he's going to go full on yandere on Ludger.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:24   Link #169
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Looks like Cless and Stahn will make cameos to fight them in the arena.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn...nts&fn_id=1007
Old 2012-10-30, 23:53   Link #170
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

The prologue and OP have been released (officially or not, I'm not sure).
Here you go: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19244615
Apparently they were first uploaded to Youtube but I can't locate them there...

Spoiler for Spoiler from the clips:

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 04:15   Link #171
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Somebody has uploaded his video play of the first half of Chapter 1 on Niconico douga.
1. You have to make decision for Ludgar's EVERY SINGLE talk, even whether to call Julius "Julius" or "Big brother"...
2. He really does not talk AT ALL. At first I thought it would be an interesting feature but it ended up boring me a lot. I couldn't really get the feel of his character at all...and it felt really weird...

Spoiler for Summary up to the prologue:

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Old 2012-10-31, 04:31   Link #172
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, so they kinda took the silent hero approach, at least on the first playthrough. I actually prefer the non-silent type in my tales so I hope this won't get carried on to other tales title after this.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 05:01   Link #173
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, so they kinda took the silent hero approach, at least on the first playthrough. I actually prefer the non-silent type in my tales so I hope this won't get carried on to other tales title after this.
Actually, what made me felt really odd when watching the play video was that Ludgar did not seem to be a silent type. He talked and made responses to other people, EXCEPT that we did not get to hear his voice.

Ludgar: ..........................(said to Jude that he's going to the train station anyway)
Jude: You're going to show me the way? Thanks!

Ludgar: .....................(making self-introduction)
Mr. B: Oh, I see, you're Julius's younger brother, huh?

It felt like you're cursed not to hear his voice while all other characters in the game can converse with him just fine...and that's starting to get on my nerve. I should probably wait until someone upload a video play from a second play...that should be better.

On a side note, my fear for the flood of Yaoi doujinshi is likely to become true =_=ili I really like how Ludgar interacts with his brother and Jude, but umm...how do I put this...?

[Ludgar shakes hand with Jude]
Me: Oh! That's really nice! They're going to become good friends! (I'm a sucker for good friendships)
...some 10 seconds later, a realization slowly sank into my mind...
Me: Crap...this is super gonna be a material for Fujoshi(s)...oh no...=_=ili

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Old 2012-10-31, 10:01   Link #174
GDB

There's a New Game + option to give him voice. It makes me want to speed run a first playthrough.
Old 2012-10-31, 13:44   Link #175
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It makes me worried how this story will handle all these playable characters considering it's all about Ludger.
Old 2012-10-31, 21:50   Link #176
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's a New Game + option to give him voice. It makes me want to speed run a first playthrough.
I'm not good at doing speed run >_<

And this is why I hate Sony move to block some of save file transferring for some games. If what they're concerned about is just trophy achievement, they should have just blocked people from getting the trophy when using transferred save file, but with what they did right now, I can't even use save file from my friend to enjoy the game how I wan to.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 09:52   Link #177
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Baba seems to be working on the next tales game.

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/work-on-t...game-has-begun
Old 2012-11-01, 10:05   Link #178
GDB

It only makes sense. Games take a long time to make. You can't wait until the previous one is completely done and released to begin working on the new one. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they weren't already working on the game after the next one, and possibly spitballing ideas for the one after that.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:27   Link #179
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'm not good at doing speed run >_<

And this is why I hate Sony move to block some of save file transferring for some games. If what they're concerned about is just trophy achievement, they should have just blocked people from getting the trophy when using transferred save file, but with what they did right now, I can't even use save file from my friend to enjoy the game how I wan to.
I read somewhere in 2ch's TOX2 thread that you can probably transfer save file albeit you will get no trophy achievement. Maybe it worths giving a try?

There's a guy broadcasting his 2nd round play on Niconico, and he's my Kami-sama for now Things are 3xtimes better with Ludgar actually talking XD The first two chapters were kind of rushed in storytelling, but things started to get better and esp. after the Alt.timeline things had been explained. As usual, the casts are likeable and charming. Character's chapters are really good too.

Anyone planning to get some Geass DLC? I would recommend Milla's, Muse's, and Ludgar's ones; they looked really nice in the game. Jude's Suzaku was terrible though...

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Old 2012-11-01, 10:47   Link #180
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Baba seems to be working on the next tales game.

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/work-on-t...game-has-begun
Xillia 3?
Quote:
Anyone planning to get some Geass DLC? I would recommend Milla's, Muse's, and Ludgar's ones; they looked really nice in the game. Jude's Suzaku was terrible though...
I think I'm getting one for Milla and Leia.. dunno about the other though. I still don't see any costume dlc that took my likings for the boys.

also.. it seems that we have multiple endings in this game? I'm worried whether I could get good ending or not if there's critical choice later in the game

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote