AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-24, 10:39   Link #21
xzpwnz
(¬‿¬)

I liked it, even with all the dark themes it kept a light-hearted and funny feel to it
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 11:01   Link #22
jpidz69
Not a Perv but an Artist.

As a reader i like it , as a man i enjoy reading it...
jpidz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 11:03   Link #23
jpidz69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
there is manga.

Spoiler:
Yup, you have a point....
Old 2015-05-24, 11:09   Link #24
kyuudere

I love the MC. He's a perfect as Demon Lord.
Every demon lord should learn from him.

Fuck your succubi and kill whoever gets in your way!
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 11:21   Link #25
obnuchious

to those who read ahead; was it explained thoroughly why MC chose to make a dungeon? and for what exact purpose?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 11:45   Link #26
laclongquan

The novel explain in those scenes, but the manga cut off. Basically, by using sex demon like succubus as mobile mana storage vessel, MC can have access to great amount of magic.

Drain mana from the dungeon core ---> store into succubus ---> capable of drawing mana from her anywhere else.
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 13:11   Link #27
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

what with that tags?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 14:13   Link #28
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
what with that tags?
He is a shitty protagonist so i tagged kuso protagonist... he is shitty in a moral way but he is still a good protagonist
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 17:02   Link #29
cadu_

I`m wondering about the MC`s past, like what made him hate society so much.
Really liked the series, already read the 3 translated WN chapters and the first translated manga chapter. Too bad the translations a irregular with only 3 chapter in more than 6 months.
Old 2015-05-24, 17:48   Link #30
bakato

I need to know. How did he break the hero girl?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 18:26   Link #31
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

I remember checking this one when news about it being adapted in more than one media were out.... It's actually pretty bland; initially I didn't even knew that this was nocturne

I liked the story of the second heroine, which shows how manipulative the mc can be.

Spoiler for Yunis:

And that's about it? Might have some mistakes since it's been some time (since it's me, maybe even the girl's name is wrong ). Red hair and ponytail is the absolute best possible haircut /thead

Last edited by Okashira; 2015-05-25 at 06:57.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 20:31   Link #32
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

@Okashira Thanks for that.

I was curious about his reasoning behind a dungeon at first but I just figured he was building it to protect the "core" from invaders. If humans found out about such a thing they would definitely send armies and such to take it over. Of course the armies would consist of primarily females walking into a trap to become haremets and the males would likely just be turned undead or something.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 23:52   Link #33
jpidz69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I remember checking this one when news about it being adapted in more than one media were out.... It's actually pretty bland; initially I didn't even knew that this was nocturne

I liked the story of the second heroine, which shows how manipulative the mc can be.

Spoiler for Yunis:

And that's about it? Might have some mistakes since it's been some time (since it's me, maybe even the girl's name is wrong ). Red hair and ponytail is the absolute best possible haircut /thead
I tried looking at comic walker but i can't find it....
Old 2015-05-25, 01:10   Link #34
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpidz69 View Post
I tried looking at comic walker but i can't find it....
that's because it's released on Comic Valkyrie which is an online magazine similar to comic walker. I added the link to the opening post to make it easier to find.

Old 2015-05-25, 03:20   Link #35
Blankdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimates12 View Post
Man, why are there so many stories here that has the MC hating human?

Beside that, this looks a bit interesting. Though, I hope it keeps on being a dark comedy.
Maybe because humans are just that 'dark'? Look at some of our history (Wars and such) for an example, we aren't that 'good' / benevolent.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 04:40   Link #36
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankdom View Post
we aren't that 'good' / benevolent.
Hmph speak for yourself, I am a paragon of virtue..... (/hides the bodies and lolis in the dungeon)

I think the human hating MC kick is just something that's catching on because so many people can identify with it on some level. I mean think about how many people leave work or school every day thinking, "to hell with these people!!" because someone took credit for their work or bullied them in some way or just did something generally insulting with or without realizing it. Obviously most of them don't wish to bring about the downfall of the human race but many have a small amount of anger directed to everyone around them in general for the rest of the day. On that level I can identify with the hateful, greedy, and lustful MC. The extremes they go to while exacting their revenge though is just fantasy and an outlet for that frustration.

From my very narrow minded point of view at least.

Old 2015-05-25, 06:11   Link #37
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This is from nocturne
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 12:03   Link #38
MT-G

Just found out the manga and read it to chapter 3, time to catch up with the LN.

Spoiler for LN illustration, Eris Greyrat?:
MT-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 00:53   Link #39
jpidz69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-G View Post
Just found out the manga and read it to chapter 3, time to catch up with the LN.

Spoiler for LN illustration, Eris Greyrat?:
link please......
Old 2015-05-26, 01:25   Link #40
Slaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
To be honest I'm not sure how the author managed to take character traits that I absolutely hate most of the time and make me smile.

Anyway I absolutely recommend checking out the first chapter even if you dislike dark fantasy like myself. I believe that most people will find it fun and amusing.

Comic Valkyrie The official release can be read here in Japanese raw.
I don't understand either because I hate this MC. I can't smile.

I love Dark Fantasy. That being said, I just don't understand the appeal of these kinds of characters when cast in the role of protagonist. The MC would make a great villain but to follow him and similar characters on their journeys of evil... I just have no interest. I can't sympathize or cheer them on in any way. I'm always left wanting someone to foil these characters or for justice to be meted out in some manner.

Who exactly is the target audience here? People who derive pleasure from all sorts of wickedness that can't actually be carried out without consequence? Are these types of works representative of some outlet for frustration dialed up to the max?

Though I'm not going to root for a sociopathic serial killer in reality(I think most decent people would share my view on that), suddenly showing the same kind of evil in a fictitious setting doesn't actually change my feelings towards said actions/behavior. I simply can't find it amusing. I always find myself reading this kind of material with a cold heart hoping for the delivery of some much needed comeuppance.

I have a clear division of right and wrong, so when I'm confronted with a protagonist like the one in this story... There is no possible way to gloss over their moral shortcomings.

All that said, I can appreciate the story and how the characters acquire the title of 'Maou' and the like but it would be infinitely more palatable if there were a heroic figure as well. Someone to actually care about.
Slaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark comedy, dark fantasy, harem, mature content, scumbag lead, sex, smart male lead, succubus, true harem, villain protagonist