AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-22, 09:50   Link #341
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ And to think it didn't even cross my mind and I consider myself pretty corrupted... Strange... Maybe I should go study under KiNa a bit again
Old 2006-06-22, 12:08   Link #342
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 6:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 17:12   Link #343
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show just has a good heart. Ep6 was lovely. This is a stretch, maybe, but something about this reminds me of Mahoraba. Mainly the good-heartedness, I think.
Spoiler for sp6:
And to add more flavor, I believe I hear Noto Mamiko as the girl in the hospital. Kanda Akemi, who plays Meme, will star in a new harem anime this summer: Tonagura.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 08:02   Link #344
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
This show just has a good heart. Ep6 was lovely. This is a stretch, maybe, but something about this reminds me of Mahoraba. Mainly the good-heartedness, I think.
Or the overly innocent female that occasionally beats up the male lead, then is all cute a minute later.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 01:05   Link #345
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
God, Tenko is so cute. ^_^; I can't believe a girl character can be THIS cute.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 08:34   Link #346
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
God, Tenko is so cute. ^_^; I can't believe a girl character can be THIS cute.
Yes. If it was possible to have a crush on a cartoon character, well, she'd
be the "objet' d'affection."!
Old 2006-06-24, 08:57   Link #347
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This show has props in mainly being a feelgood romance.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 13:13   Link #348
Ori

Just out of curiosity here, does anyone here know when the full version of the opening will be released?
Old 2006-06-24, 14:06   Link #349
tritoch

August ... Brand New Morning
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 15:43   Link #350
Omegaomriri

Gah! you are already talking about episode 6 ! whats going with the subbing of episode 5? by the rate episodes 1-4 were released it should have been out weeks ago...

or am i missing somthing?
Omegaomriri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 16:20   Link #351
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaomriri
Gah! you are already talking about episode 6 ! whats going with the subbing of episode 5? by the rate episodes 1-4 were released it should have been out weeks ago...

or am i missing somthing?
Yes, you are missing the posts where Chikushou says that he had problems translating some lines in episode 5. Chikushou is also known as "Kamisabu" in this connection, and was the one bringing out subs the same or next day.

orz have not declared any intention to stop subbing, but if it is difficult for Chikushou, it is probably also difficult for them. So the subbing seems to be stalled right now.

Perhaps they should get together and exchange notes. ^_^ Although they have probably trouble with the same parts. 5 is a very talkative episode and not as easy to understand as the first four.
Old 2006-06-25, 06:54   Link #352
demonik
I like cheese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
This show has props in mainly being a feelgood romance.
Ah Feel-good...can never point a finger at them , just too...feel-good?
demonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 08:19   Link #353
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonik
Ah Feel-good...can never point a finger at them , just too...feel-good?
I think that's depend on how you see.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 08:23   Link #354
aeroshadow
?

Send a message via AIM to aeroshadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
If it was possible to have a crush on a cartoon character . . .
Huh? It isn't?

^^;
aeroshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 12:10   Link #355
Itlandm
Porcupine

I read in Japan Today (as it was called back then) that in Tokyo they had special restaurants for otaku, young men who preferred cartoon characters over real girls. It was not considered a good thing, but at least some people could earn money on it. The waitresses were dressed and behaved like characters from games and anime, giving the otaku the illusion that they were living in their fantasy world.

It sounds a bit sad. I don't think I would like a girl dressed up as Tenko. Tenko isn't something you look like, Tenko is something you are. Tenko is a way of life.
Old 2006-06-26, 03:31   Link #356
Ori

That kind of cafe is a bit overboard.

I would not care about a girl dress as Tenko either. I just find her personality, action and her voice really cute.
Old 2006-06-26, 13:55   Link #357
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
That's it. Her personality really is what shines. Although I must confess
I always liked redheads. Oh well.

Enjoying the show quite a bit more than I thought I would.
Old 2006-06-26, 14:03   Link #358
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, I like the whole package But I agree, her main strength is her personality.
Old 2006-06-26, 15:03   Link #359
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Oh well, I like the whole package But I agree, her main strength is her personality.
Since it is personality even more than appearance that seems to be doing it for us, it means that Koshimizu Ami deserves even more credit. Of course, the script is the foundation, and the chara-des is great, too, but Amisuke is really bringing Tenko to life with her expressive voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
...Tenko isn't something you look like, Tenko is something you are. Tenko is a way of life.
Beautifully put. But if I went to Tokyo I'd probably look in on a maid cafe and/or an anime cafe. Cosplayers are real girls, too, lol. Moderation in all things, including worship of anime bishoujo.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-06-26 at 15:13.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 01:56   Link #360
Itlandm
Porcupine

So I am not the only one who is impressed by this voice acress. I am not into the whole seyuu-worship thing, but in the case of this series, I could not help notice how much she contributed to the cuteness that is Tenko. I mean, if she had been healf-hearted in her acting, the character would just not have carried the show the way she does.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen