AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-09-26, 16:32   Link #41
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I'll write the last post here.

You are wrong about one thing. ReWrite sales. It was less than Clannad but on par with Little Busters. That old post about ReWrite bombing was just a fake with incomplete sales info.
Old 2015-09-26, 16:38   Link #42
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I'll write the last post here.

You are wrong about one thing. ReWrite sales. It was less than Clannad but on par with Little Busters. That old post about ReWrite bombing was just a fake with incomplete sales info.
I never said Rewrite "bombed", but it is not close to even Little Busters.
Rewrite sales amounted 25k within the first month, and cloaked around 100K after a year. In comparison, other flagship title from Key sold for 100-150K each within a much shorter period (Little buster had 100k within the first months, while Rewrite needed a year for that).
Old 2015-09-26, 16:44   Link #43
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Rewrite PC (2011) - 110,000 (1st year)
LB on PC sold less. And it's not 1/4. In total ReWrite sold less but not so much. And there's no sales of Harvest Festa. I doubt it bombed.
Old 2015-09-26, 16:48   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In total, Little Busters sold for 300K, and the sales amounted for other ports for Rewrite are negligible at best (5K for each plateform). So overall, Rewrite sold like half or a third compared to other franchises.
Again, I never stated it bombed. It is actually a comfortable performance considering how unusual the title is. However, it doesn't have the same "pedigree" as the other series who could sell that much much faster. So there isn't any indication the production committee would expect the same kind of result as the other 2 flagship titles.

The "fourth" mention"was a bit misleading from my initial post. I considered the sales within the same timeframe, and as I stated, early sales only went for 25k, whereas the other two broke the 6 digits within the same period. Which means the fanbase wasn't as enthusiatic for RW compared to the other franchises.
Old 2015-09-26, 16:58   Link #45
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I won't take your words until I see the proof about total numbers. The link above is not the indicator. And I still don't get how this number of sales means it won't get even 2-cour.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:32   Link #46
MCAL

I'm definitely approaching this news with caution.

I'll give Tensho the benefit of the doubt and say that the Grisia adaption wasn't (completely of course) his fault, but the episode count is definitely the primary concern at the moment.

And use this song as the ending theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcHFslUVNuw
Old 2015-09-26, 17:52   Link #47
moodie

a lot of talk is random and pure speculation based on track records of said studio.....this is a simlar case to when ppl hating on rokka the second they found the studio behind it
Old 2015-09-26, 18:21   Link #48
Izumo
Banned

^ There is a reason why people call that series "Rokka no Sales" you know? I really love the LN but the adaptation was average.

On Rewrite case we can have the same thing, this can be really good if 8-bit can manage the main source in a good way or just another trainwreck. I wonder how they are going to adapt Lucia and Shizuru routes, Akane is a win/win for this series.
Old 2015-09-26, 18:42   Link #49
Sayaka Rei

Great news !

So now the only Key work that doesn't have an anime series / movie is Planetarian ... such a shame !
Old 2015-09-26, 19:42   Link #50
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I don't even know.... I want to be excited for this, but Rewrite is so complicated and uses its VN-format so well. That it's really hard to imagine it being an anime. I'm gonna approach this with extreme caution.
Old 2015-09-26, 19:58   Link #51
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I don't even know.... I want to be excited for this, but Rewrite is so complicated and uses its VN-format so well. That it's really hard to imagine it being an anime. I'm gonna approach this with extreme caution.
Well, they can do one thing in order to adapt the VN into an anime:

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Rewrite it.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-09-26, 21:34   Link #52
dark998

Amazing news, I vastly enjoyed Rewrite but the adaptation work won't be easy due the severe storyline branching. If they need to stick to one route it has to be Kotori or Akane.
Old 2015-09-27, 00:17   Link #53
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They can just stick to Common Route+Moon+Terra+a bit of other routes parts but a lot of people will be enraged in this case because they won't get their waifu's route.
Old 2015-09-27, 02:46   Link #54
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Amazing news, I vastly enjoyed Rewrite but the adaptation work won't be easy due the severe storyline branching. If they need to stick to one route it has to be Kotori or Akane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
They can just stick to Common Route+Moon+Terra+a bit of other routes parts but a lot of people will be enraged in this case because they won't get their waifu's route.
If VisualArts is as demanding as Frontwing, I'd expect all the routes be adapted, so as not to upset fans of a particular heroine.

Then again, the Clannad adaptation skipped two of the most popular heroines, leaving them for OVAs...

We'll just have to wait and see how many episodes this gets, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
And use this song as the ending theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcHFslUVNuw
I'd expect them to vary the ED song, since there are... three for the heroine routes, I think?
Old 2015-09-27, 03:23   Link #55
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, they can do one thing in order to adapt the VN into an anime:

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Rewrite it.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That's great, really enjoyed this.

I mean as long as it has a great episode count it can work.
Old 2015-09-27, 06:11   Link #56
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Rewrite got adaptation

The studio is the one that did Grisaia trilogy...

YES! epic anime incoming.. I have high expectation on this thing
Old 2015-09-27, 09:29   Link #57
NWJY
Newbei Enter

The part i want to watch is
Spoiler for warning:

this going to be funny
Old 2015-09-27, 10:16   Link #58
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
The part i want to watch is
Spoiler for warning:

this going to be funny
That will be the OVA.
Old 2015-09-27, 10:18   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've forgotten most of the story of the VN already, so I'm looking forward to rediscovering it again in anime form. Hopefully, Kotarou will be just as awesome as he was in the VN (definitely the best Key protagonist).
Old 2015-09-27, 11:05   Link #60
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Considering that anime scenario will be written by Tanaka himself and Kai (current main writer of Key) who wasn't even involved in original game, I strongly expect that we will get anime original route.
Closed Thread