AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-15, 06:08   Link #521
kauldron26
Med Student

who else was literally terrified when they saw that last shot in the episode? That just shows u the greatness of this anime.... im scared shitless to watch the next episode... i guess Honey and clover really is going to break into my top 10. Season 2 simply causes the entire story including season 1 to achieve greatness, maybe even masterpiece. as far as im concerned its not "honey and clover season 1 or season 2" It is simply Honey and Clover. This is all im going to be thinking about at work.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 07:02   Link #522
Solecs

Wow, just...wow.

I was watching happy that they were exploring the Morita story and thinking it would be a pretty introspective episode. I felt I could relate to the feelings of almost everybody in some way or another throughout the story. When it came closer to the end I was feeling good about the episode and was just sort of reflecting on it, and then the final few lines and that ending scene. After I saw that, I just stared, eyes wide open, mouth gaping. This show is just amazing......wow.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 07:08   Link #523
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
For those who thought Hagu had done something to harm herself: think again - she's
an artist bursting with creativity - she would not waste what time she has on a fruitless
endevor such as self-harm.

Think again - Hamabi festival + high winds. It's still going to be bad though.
Old 2006-08-15, 07:49   Link #524
iNF3CTiON
Abstract Mind

I really cannot wait to see the next episode this coming week, that ending just left me hanging big time. Though I'm thinking it's not something too serious, but if it is as some of you have had guesses for, well...I guess that's just how strong HaC can be. It was nice to see the background on Morita and his family.

This anime just plain amazes me...I started off with more, action like animes and such, but ever since first seeing HaC, I want more stuff like it. I think everyone who's a little older can relate to this in some way or another...I just can't see someone not relating to at least one thing from 1 or 2.

It'll be sad when this is over...this is anime at its best.
iNF3CTiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 07:54   Link #525
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I most definitely agree.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 09:04   Link #526
cipotlar

Honey and Clover is simply amazing. Eventhough I've read the manga and know how the story will end, the animation and the insert song really complements the storyline which will put this anime on top of my favorite list for long long times.

On episode 7, I was a bit surprised on how they ordered that *last* scene. In the manga, there was
Spoiler:

Nevertheless, that scene will probably show up in the next episode.

On a side note, while this anime has been my favorite, not everybody I've recommended it to watch seemed to love the first episode of Hachikuro(season I). Some said it's boring and some said it's too weird. And they simply give up on it. This usually unsettles me and I will start questioning on my 'anime taste'. But seeing lots of people in this forum posting how they love Hachikuro as much (or even more) as I do, really make me happy. And also seeing that all of the fans has been very mature in their insights and postings, really puts me to ease. I don't want Hachikuro to be famous because of its 'fanboys' like what happened with most of Naruto and Bleach immature fanboys.

Very looking forward to the next episode and lastly, let's hope Kamiya Hiroshi-san to recover soon.
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 09:19   Link #527
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
For those who thought Hagu had done something to harm herself: think again - she's
an artist bursting with creativity - she would not waste what time she has on a fruitless
endevor such as self-harm.

Think again - Hamabi festival + high winds. It's still going to be bad though.
Now now, let the other fans who doesn't read the manga have something to speculate about. It makes the next episode more exciting.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 11:38   Link #528
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Okay, I'll tell them the fake truth! She gets really upset because she really
wanted to go out with Lohmeyer-sempai and, because he left she was really
upset and, one of her art projects goes tragically awry because her mind
wasn't on her work.

Sigh.
Old 2006-08-15, 11:43   Link #529
Lyannea

I almost cried. Again

Can't wait for next episode. I "read" most of the manga so i kinda know what will happen. But still I'm all excited about it. I want to see next episode now! :P
Lyannea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 17:16   Link #530
kauldron26
Med Student

after reading some replies, i'd be pretty pissed if that last scene turns out to be a cop-out, and she just ended up breaking a glass or something. If Hagu does not have any self harm, then the director just killed the seies for me, because he basically let the viewers believe a tragedy was coming. omg.... i'll be supremely pissed if there is no big deal in the next episode to affect everyones life.

God please, dont let this perfect 10/10 season be ruined by a directors idiotic sense of misdirection.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 17:23   Link #531
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Bear in mind that Hagu doesn't want to kill herself, simply because she feels she has to create more. A fecund mind looking positively towards the future is a mind that is content with living.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 19:58   Link #532
aliensporebomb

Exclamation Gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26
after reading some replies, i'd be pretty pissed if that last scene turns out to be a cop-out, and she just ended up breaking a glass or something. If Hagu does not have any self harm, then the director just killed the seies for me, because he basically let the viewers believe a tragedy was coming. omg.... i'll be supremely pissed if there is no big deal in the next episode to affect everyones life.

God please, dont let this perfect 10/10 season be ruined by a directors idiotic sense of misdirection.
She. Umino Chika sensei is a woman.
Old 2006-08-15, 20:09   Link #533
tritoch

Oh wow. Never really realized this until now but could it be that Umino Chika based this series to Suga Shikao's "clover" and Spitz' "hachimitsu" albums?
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 20:15   Link #534
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Thats what the Wiki-ers put on the Hachimitsu Clover entry on Wikipedia. . Since it passed Wikipedia, it might be true.
Old 2006-08-16, 03:26   Link #535
jonli
JONLIの憂'

So far into the story i dont really see how the title "honey and clover" works in the series (apart from 1 single episode where they were finding the clover leaves). So i guess its just a name afterall...so why base it on the albums? Hmmmmm
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 04:01   Link #536
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Hmm. If you really think deep about what the title "Honey and Clover" means, you'll find out that it will fit perfectly. I'm too tired to overanalyze yourself, but you can probably find clues on that one single episode where they are looking for the 4-leaf clover.

You can also find clues on the season 2 OP sequence :P.
Old 2006-08-16, 07:25   Link #537
erthling

upside down/laterally inverted H&C II eps7

Hi!
I'm new here but definitely hooked to the H&C series already!
I just dl H&C II ep 7 but it was upside down n laterally inverted so i had problem watching n reading the sub. Anyone know of a better link for dl than the one by solar(?)??

Has anyone watched the movie? Is it good?
erthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 07:44   Link #538
EclipseZeta
Solar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthling
Hi!
I'm new here but definitely hooked to the H&C series already!
I just dl H&C II ep 7 but it was upside down n laterally inverted so i had problem watching n reading the sub. Anyone know of a better link for dl than the one by solar(?)??

14,000 other people could see our release fine... perhaps you should check your video settings. O_o
EclipseZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 10:00   Link #539
Emil Scherbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthling
For me, it is good.

Unlike anime which pretty faithfully adapted from manga,
the movie used setting, scenes and lines but modified/re-constructed plot.

I think it ok, because you must make a movie in about 2 hours length, anyways.
And it was beautiful movie IMHO.
Emil Scherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 16:06   Link #540
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
So far into the story i dont really see how the title "honey and clover" works in the series (apart from 1 single episode where they were finding the clover leaves). So i guess its just a name afterall...so why base it on the albums? Hmmmmm
Last episode will reveal all. Seriously.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance