AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-08-26, 11:43   Link #621
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Thanks for the summary! Very interesting, it seems like it will end soon...

English is not my first language, so, could someone explain to me what "attendance" means, and why
Spoiler:

please?
Old 2006-08-26, 12:25   Link #622
Freeter
ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys
English is not my first language, so, could someone explain to me what "attendance" means, and why
Spoiler:

please?
Attendance is the school's record of how many days you were in class. A poor record means you were absent for a long time, thus you'd have to repeat the grade since you missed out on a lot.

Spoiler:
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 14:37   Link #623
saner

Boring, I wonder when the plot will develop a little. I don't like koabyashi jin, she is annoying. She publish less than ten pages a week, she must be lazy. Btw, I wish this manga ened soon, anyway,

Berserk is the best. It is the best drown manga ever, much better than SR, unfortuentlly Miura's been creating this manga for 16 years!
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 14:50   Link #624
arias

Jin Kobayashi is a male.

But I agree that the output has diminished.. 9 pages is pretty damn low, and it isn't as if it started out that way. It began as a regular manga but has become rather sparse and spread out.. I don't know what are Jin's plans.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 15:04   Link #625
saner

I know she is a male. I'm just angry, I waited whole week for new chapter and I received ... .

Future Jin's plans are obvious: 1. decrease number of pages, 2. Let's write about everything except of Harima,Tenma,Karasumo,Eri,Mikoto,Hanai,Akira.

Miura published one chapter a month! But, it is always interesting and concerns main characters.

SR, ep20 & 21 were so weak, I hope they won't make this anime worse. This manga/anime reminds me Gundam Seed Destiny, it was quite interesting in the beginning, but the end was so stupid. Of course I watched whole series because I wanted to know what happened with main characters, but I don't think that watching GSD was enjoyable.
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 15:14   Link #626
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner
I know she is a male. I'm just angry, I waited whole week for new chapter and I received ... .

Future Jin's plans are obvious: 1. decrease number of pages, 2. Let's write about everything except of Harima,Tenma,Karasumo,Eri,Mikoto,Hanai,Akira.

Miura published one chapter a month! But, it is always interesting and concerns main characters.
Oh, I guess you're not a native english speaker.

We use "she" to refer to females and "he" to refer to males. Anyways, I wouldn't say that his plans are that obvious.. I think the episodic nature has torn fans apart, with one side really enjoying wherever Jin is taking them and the other side really annoyed that the main story arc between the characters are not carried through consistently and faithfully. I teeter in between the two but lean more to being annoyed.

This chapter was significant to me because Yuuki 's feelings for Hanai are pretty important. Her "b" chapter was one of the most moving little pieces in School Rumble that I've read, and plus, she looks reallllllllllllllly cute without her specs and her hair down..
Old 2006-08-26, 15:14   Link #627
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Yeah everybody is interested in how Berserk this, Berserk that.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 17:15   Link #628
ZODDGUTS

Good chapter I have a feeling that Hanai and Yuuki will end as a couple since he has no chance with Yakumo.

The cover of Jin's new manga looks good love that snicker smile of the girl on the right.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 17:22   Link #629
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Good chapter I have a feeling that Hanai and Yuuki will end as a couple since he has no chance with Yakumo.

The cover of Jin's new manga looks good love that snicker smile of the girl on the right.
The pair remind me of Itoko and the other sensei.

Did anyone read the latest chapter? With... explanation by Townsocks?

Spoiler:

Guesses, anyone?
Old 2006-08-26, 22:59   Link #630
CaptJuni
No faction, Just fun

KarasumaXTenmaXHarimaXEriXYakumo

SuouXHanaiXAsouXYuuki?

Two seperate love circles? (I didn't include Yakumo in the second one because Hanai has no chance). The conclusions of both circles would make a satisfying end for the manga. Please make it work KJ
CaptJuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 23:18   Link #631
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Wow, I can feel some sort of climax in this chapter, or if not a climax, then a start of something big that would lead to the climax.

Spoiler for I had a feeling..:
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 23:55   Link #632
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter
Attendance is the school's record of how many days you were in class. A poor record means you were absent for a long time, thus you'd have to repeat the grade since you missed out on a lot.

Spoiler:
Thank you for explaining.
Poor Hanai, risking to repeat a grade because of a stalking giant racoon He probably spent some time in hospital and England too.

And yes, I think Mikoto said she wanted to go to the same school, and according to her bad results, she's not trying anymore to go to Toudai
Poor Mikoto... Asou, do something!
Old 2006-08-26, 23:57   Link #633
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

ah! at last some development in the story , its been a while

i doubt souo meant hanai when she said she wanted to go to tokyo u, i mean, it would be noticingi like in the past when she gets all flusttered when her senpai was around her etcetc
akurashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 00:19   Link #634
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys
Thank you for explaining.
Poor Hanai, risking to repeat a grade because of a stalking giant racoon He probably spent some time in hospital and England too.

And yes, I think Mikoto said she wanted to go to the same school, and according to her bad results, she's not trying anymore to go to Toudai
Poor Mikoto... Asou, do something!
But then the translations also say that she wants to go where Hanai is going.. which means Toudai.

Not dissing on Townsocks, but I think his.. explanation is very poor : O We need someone well versed in Japanese to sum up the chapter for us cleanly, sharpish!
Old 2006-08-27, 01:26   Link #635
Townsocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
But then the translations also say that she wants to go where Hanai is going.. which means Toudai.
The senpai Suou is in love with is also going to Tokyo U. Hanai just happens to be aiming for the same place.

This of course will (AND I MEAN WILL) lead to a misunderstanding between Yuuki, Mikoto and Hanai seeing as how they're all linked together through Todai
Townsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 01:30   Link #636
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townsocks
The senpai Suou is in love with is also going to Tokyo U. Hanai just happens to be aiming for the same place.

This of course will (AND I MEAN WILL) lead to a misunderstanding between Yuuki, Mikoto and Hanai seeing as how they're all linked together through Todai
Ya, but Suou isn't in love with the sempai anymore right? She's over him, no?

So, is she still working to go to Toudai although she's over him? My interpretation of the previous explanation (one of the posters above in this thread) before yours was that she said she had WANTED to go into Toudai because of the sempai, so it's a common girl thing. But saying that she wants to go to Toudai now..

And I'm aware of the upcoming potential for misunderstanding ; ) Love the Yuuki/Hanai possibility though. Mikoto and Hanai would work perfect as well.
Old 2006-08-27, 21:53   Link #637
BOZZY

A little off-topic, but what is that new Kobayashi manga about?
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 08:04   Link #638
robert_s_huxley

about the last two chapters..... harima sure can grow his hair fast doesn't he?
robert_s_huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 08:14   Link #639
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_s_huxley
about the last two chapters..... harima sure can grow his hair fast doesn't he?
If you look back in the past chapters he's partly bald in one chapter then has long hair in the next few chapters.

Look forward to Jin Kobayashi's next manga. School Rumble is becoming to repetitive for me with no end at sight or at least an actual Rice or Flag pairing without all the misunderstandings.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 14:45   Link #640
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01
If you look back in the past chapters he's partly bald in one chapter then has long hair in the next few chapters.

Look forward to Jin Kobayashi's next manga. School Rumble is becoming to repetitive for me with no end at sight or at least an actual Rice or Flag pairing without all the misunderstandings.
Oh, but the thing is, Kobayashi has geared the whole manga to be about relationships and misunderstandings.. once there is an actual important pairing, EVERYTHING sizzles out. That's the danger.

He didn't make the aim of the characters be which university they went, or anything personal in their lives.. but their relationships. If he plays the card any sooner, there'll be nothing left to draw.

Tags
hige, ojou, school