AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-08-03, 11:49   Link #81
darrol2

shinigami outfit

i have been wondering were i could get a shinigami outfit and i went to google images and they all look like girl outfits can some1 post pictures of male shinigami outfits here plz
darrol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 00:06   Link #82
Kyomi
What do I know?

Ishida Uryuu from Bleach.

It might not be my favorite anime but I still like this guy quite a bit.
I was planning to Cosplay him at Animenorth next spring and was getting quite frustrated over the fact that I couldn't grow his hair, thus perhaps the fact seeing your picture was the first thing that jumped to me; You have the hair.

Also his white costume shouldn't require too much skill to make.

And besides, whether you like Bleach or not, it always work well at a convention.
Old 2007-10-06, 16:12   Link #83
hooliganj
Team Player

You should do Sanji, from One Piece. You've got the hair and eyes for it, just need to draw on the curly eyebrows and get a cig. For clothing, it's a black suit with blue pinstripe shirt and black tie. He's also been seen in a vest and shirt, or just a Hawaiian shirt, so there's options, and you can assemble the outfit without much in the way of tailoring.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 22:42   Link #84
Neriah

Question Needing Advice for Older Couple Cosplay

Is this the right forum to be posting this in? I'm sorry if I've got it wrong! Let me know and I'll try and fix it.

My boyfriend and I have been trying to think of different couples that we could cosplay for the conventions here in Dallas. Our last one we did was Talho and Holland from Eureka 7. (there's a picture if you're curious!) http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1220413212

Anywho, yeah! I need ideas for older couples people can think of from different games or animes. The only ones we can think of right now are Roy and Risa from FMA, Weda and Doctor Clyde from Hare and Guu, and Lulu and Wakka from FF10.
Does anyone have any ideas for us?
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 22:56   Link #85
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Lawerence and Horo from Spice and Wolf
Spike and Julia or Spike and Faye from Cowboy Bebop
Vash and Milly from Trigun
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 23:06   Link #86
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sounds like your definition of older is early 20's if Lulu/Wakka are a possiblilty?

How about:
Revy and Rock from Black Lagoon (Revy's outfit is a bit, well, scanty, but then Lulu's is a bit on the racy side as well.)
Shurrei and Ryukki from Saiunkoku Monogatari (You'll both need a lot of hair for these roles.)
Noda and Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile (I'd pick the concert outfits with Chiaki in a tux and Nodame in that red dress she performs in.)
Hachimaki and Ai from Planetes (The matching spacesuits would be cool.)
Balsa and Tanda from Seirei no Moribito (Woman with spear for the win.)
Re-l and Vincent from Ergo Proxy (People might actually recognize these characters; my 16-yo daughter thought about cosplaying Re-l. Stock up on purple eye shadow.)
Ryuu and Miwa from Bartender (Absolutely no one will recognize them, but they're a really cute couple in the right age bracket.)
Various couples from Baccano!
Spoiler for who ends up with whom in Baccano!:

If you're thinking about Final Fantasy characters, I'd look at the choices in VI myself. That game has many more mature pairings than the later ones. The only other pair I can imagine is Balthier and Fran from XII, though they're not really a couple.

If I think of others, I'll post them later.

Weda and the Doctor might be fun, though her outfit is a bit risqué as well.

Oh, one more:
Sora and Seikichi from Oh! Edo Rocket (Maybe two people will recognize them.)

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-09-03 at 14:42.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 23:47   Link #87
Neriah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Sounds like your definition of older is early 20's if Lulu/Wakka are a possiblilty?

How about:
Revy and Rock from Black Lagoon (Revy's outfit is a bit, well, scanty, but then Lulu's is a bit on the racy side as well.)
Shurrei and Ryukki from Saiunkoku Monogatari (You'll both need a lot of hair for these roles.)
Noda and Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile (I'd pick the concert outfits with Chiaki in a tux and Nodame in that red dress she performs in.)
Hachimaki and Ai from Planetes (The matching spacesuits would be cool.)
Balsa and Tanda from Seirei no Moribito (Woman with spear for the win.)
Re-l and Vincent from Ergo Proxy (People might actually recognize these characters; my 16-yo daughter thought about cosplaying Re-l. Stock up on purple eye shadow.)
Ryuu and Miwa from Bartender (Absolutely no one will recognize them, but they're a really cute couple in the right age bracket.)
Various couples from Baccano!
Spoiler for who ends up with whom in Baccano!:

If you're thinking about Final Fantasy characters, I'd look at the choices in VI myself. That game has many more mature pairings than the later ones. The only other pair I can imagine is Balthier and Fran from XII, though they're not really a couple.

Weda and the Doctor might be fun, though her outfits tend to the risque at times as well.
THANKYOU SO SO MUCH! These are awesome! They're all older couples and potentially possible. ;v; Sankyu! Some of these I need to look up, (Alot of hair? XD). Chris got excited at the Ergo Proxy idea; I loved the female lead, and I do remember the purple eye shadow. X3 Wow, these are some really great ideas. I'm going to look into them right away.
YES! Please, if you have more ideas I'll add them to my big list. Thanks so much!
Old 2008-09-03, 00:01   Link #88
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neriah View Post
A lot of hair? XD
Shurrei

Ryukki

Yes, a LOT of hair.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 14:30   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Weda and the Doctor might be fun, though her outfit is a bit risqué as well.

Oh, one more:
Sora and Seikichi from Oh! Edo Rocket (Maybe two people will recognize them.)
Aye, I've decided to try and cosplay next year at our local convention (since I've retired the SCA hardware for that other hobby) and am trying to find a character from a series I like that would be appropriate. So far, my main lead ideas are:

1) Midou Yayoi (Kouhei's teacher in the last half of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase) or
2) Gil Graham (mage with 2 catgirl familiars in Nanoha... I'd have to locate 2 catgirls, hmmm). Neither are very well known, but then I wouldn't be burning anyone's eyes with my portrayal.
And since I can't quickly find an image or either, your imagination will have to do til I do.
Old 2008-09-03, 14:36   Link #90
Neriah

Quote:
Yes, that's about right. I tend to think that we just look too old to play alot of younger characters.

Quote:
How about:
Revy's outfit seems to cover more than Talho's did. XD Something like that is fine. Chris and I were actually thinking about maybe doing Fran and Balthier. Even though they supposedly aren't really a couple, sometimes they act like they are though. XD Chris had heard of Black Lagoon before but I'm afraid I haven't. Many of these animes we still need to see.
After having looked some of these up I think the only potential problem that might arise would be that not too many people would recognize some of these characters.but then again, Shurrei and Ryukki are pretty distinctive looking, and so are the spacesuits from Planetes. I need to see Seirei no Moribito and Baccano now because you've really sparked my interest. X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post

Spice and Wolf? That's a series I haven't really heard of; I'd need to check it out. Chris and I were considering maybe Spike and Julia, or Vash and Milly from Trigun. We love those two anime to pieces, even though they are cosplayed pretty often already. We were thinking about maybe going old school and doing Lupin and Fujika, for some reason Lupin reminds me very much of Spike.

Last edited by Neriah; 2008-09-03 at 14:45. Reason: combining post
Old 2008-09-03, 15:35   Link #91
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lawrence and Horo would be great and easy to do - particularly if you're a lot shorter than your sig.other. My wife and I have the same height differential (4'11" vs 6') as Lawrence and Horo but wife'd (japanese tanned, long black hair) have to wear a wig and she really isn't pale enough to pull off a decent Horo (light-skinned, long reddish hair)

Horo is supposed to be young-looking but act very mature --- so someone with those attributes could do a smacking good job with her.
Old 2008-09-03, 15:45   Link #92
Neriah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Lawrence and Horo would be great and easy to do - particularly if you're a lot shorter than your sig.other. My wife and I have the same height differential (4'11" vs 6') as Lawrence and Horo but wife'd have to wear a wig and she really isn't pale enough to pull off a decent Horo.

Horo is supposed to be young-looking but act very mature --- so someone with those attributes could do a smacking good job with her.
They are so cute!! I love them! Aww! The art for it looks really cute, and Chris always has this gotee, which I think looks really good on him. Nyaww!! What a cute couple! I want to download episodes for it. <33

NOOOOO. O_O I'm almost as tall as Chris. He's 5'11 and I'm 5'8. Daarnnn.
I wonder if I'd be pale enough? I'm not tan anyway; I have what people call a studio tan, but I'm not really pasty looking either. Hmm...
Old 2008-09-03, 16:08   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd say its still an option as long as you're a bit shorter than him (he could also wear platforms to accentuate).
My wife is rather more naturally darker than the average japanese skintone.... so almost anyone of the "euro-white" persuasion would do fine (thought an abundance of freckles might be an issue).

The costumes are really unique so it'd be a quick obvious clue to the audience - and their dialog makes for some really easy great skits if ya'll do that sort of thing.

I love this series ... so its really easy for me to derail about it rather than focus on my personal project ideas
Old 2008-10-12, 14:15   Link #94
sery

Ideas of how to create a costume of Cloud Strife

Hello all,

I have to attend a meeting of coplayers, and I have to submit with the costume Cloud Strife, you have some idea of how to create the costume?

Thanks in advance
sery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 08:10   Link #95
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
^I was gonig to say trying finding the costume on ebay, but it might be expensie, but I just notice when i was on ebay looking for touhou costumes, I notice that the prices were lower than I last check because of halloween maybe. :P

I have a question too Does anyone know any store that might sell purple wigs? The reason why I asked because I'm going to be Reisen this year for a halloween and cosplay her. :3 I cosplayed last year at anime club at my school.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 17:22   Link #96
Yûyake

Need your help, What is the worst (ugly) outfit in anime/manga you ever saw

Alright i hope its oki if i post it here im a bit clueless else where it could go.

Here is my problem, we almost convinced a friend to cosplay (dress up as a character from anime/manga/movie/..) as Charlotte Coolhorn (from Bleach) but the condition for him to do it, its if we find also ridiculous outfit.

Ive been searching for one for a while but i cant find any -.-
Cause most weird/stupid outfit are wear by really big guy, im a girl, slim ,5'6 .. not really working to cosplay a bit muscular guy lol

So hope your opinion on worst outfit in anime/manga will help me out finding the right character for me to cosplay!

As for me.. Charlotte Coolhorn is probably one of the worst outfit i ever saw lol
Yûyake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 13:54   Link #97
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
^I was gonig to say trying finding the costume on ebay, but it might be expensie, but I just notice when i was on ebay looking for touhou costumes, I notice that the prices were lower than I last check because of halloween maybe. :P

I have a question too Does anyone know any store that might sell purple wigs? The reason why I asked because I'm going to be Reisen this year for a halloween and cosplay her. :3 I cosplayed last year at anime club at my school.
If you need colored wigs, try taking a look around Cosworx. They carry a decent array of wigs in many colors and have them stocked all-year round. Got my blue wig for my Alto Saotome cosplay from there .
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 02:32   Link #98
Kyouai
Banned

What character

Before i start please take into consideration i am typing on an itouch due to my lack of an accessible computer at the moment and i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on any interesting male character from any anime to cosplay. I was thinking about a gender bending of some touhou characters but i have never made my own before. Infact this wil be my first time cosplaying interview general . I know itwill soun corny and cocky but i look quite good if i may say so myself, no acne, good face structure and i am quite a metro. I am japanese and have long, straight hair which can be assumed to any extent since it wont take long to grow. I actually (sadly) have a quite feminine loli kind of body (lol no tits, whew!) and i and some people told me i should crossplay which im ok with as long as it isnt something extremw like a sailor fuku. I was also considering hei from darker than black. I am 15. So overall what can you gys reccomend me to? Sorry for the typos and messy grammar, im typing on my itouch. Ill check back often everyday! Thank you so much advance
Kyouai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 02:42   Link #99
sa547
*Author

Uh, I think the best place for you to post questions about what character you want to cosplay is in the Suggestions section:
http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Old 2009-03-18, 02:46   Link #100
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was going to say there was a thread for cosplay suggestions and how-to guides.... but damn me if I can find it in the searches. :P Maybe a mod can find it.
EDIT: ah, sa547 searched better than I did...

Anyway, sounds like you could cosplay androgenously so it opens up a lot of characters. You didn't actually confirm whether you were male or female but if you're male I'd avoid skirts (male knees just don't play well no matter how shapely the leg).

Rather than me guessing characters at random, I'd suggest browsing through this image thread for ideas:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11812
the "Cosplay at its best" thread.

Myself, I'm pretty limited in what I can cosplay (e.g. Capital One Credit Card viking barbarian, maybe Hellsing, or an ARIA senior salamander :P) so I applaud people who have a lot of options.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-03-18 at 04:15.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay