AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 19 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 28.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-13, 11:34   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 07 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Clannad ~After Story~ , Episode 07.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
New additional guideline for spoilers:
Anyone who posts spoilers that should not be posted outside of the spoiler thread will be granted a very special 1 day ban infraction.
Any repeated case will grant the usual "spoiler infraction" which will result into the 3 days ban.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:28   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Start for Yukine episode, and I'm actually surprised how it went well with the adaptation for Yuu.
Hopefully, they will do quite a bang, considering the preview.

Bottom line: Pimp Tomoya

episode 7: summary/screencaps/comments

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-11-19 at 19:31.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:29   Link #3
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.7:
Old 2008-11-13, 14:41   Link #4
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

LOL at Tomoyo saving everyone's arses (especially Sunohara) at the end. Seeing those trademark flashes and hearing those machine-gun like kicking sounds in the tunnel, it's not hard to guess it can only be her who whopped those gangster's arses.

With Yukine as Queen and Tomoyo as her General, they will rule supreme in both the Student Council and the Underworld.

Anyway, it seems like all the supporting characters in the side-character arcs are slowly being given faces. First it was Shima-kun, now it's Yuu and Yukine's army of delinquents.

PS I'm pretty sure the bespectacled teacher that kicked Sunohara's butt is Kotomi's homeroom teacher, IIRC.
Old 2008-11-13, 14:50   Link #5
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
dammit, i missed this week's episode coz for some reason, the streaming didnt work?...... and i still have no idea why, it worked last week and every other time.
i've been spending the past 2hrs trying sort it out, when i paste the mms address in MPC, it just says "failed to render file. doesn't work in windows media player either. can anyone help? PM me if necessary.

meanwhile, i'll just have to wait for the raw

禁則事項です
Old 2008-11-13, 14:59   Link #6
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I continue to be amazed at KyoAni approach to the side character arcs. They knew how to inject life to what personally was my least favorite arc in the game to something actually enjoyable. Kudos. They know how to be original when the situation calls for it, it'd seem. (I'm starting to sound repetitive now, but maybe it's because I had really low expectations for these episodes)

Last edited by Proto; 2008-11-13 at 19:21.
Old 2008-11-13, 21:57   Link #7
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Bottom line: Pimp Tomoya
Evidence:
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2008-11-13, 22:02   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I continue to be amazed at KyoAni approach to the side character arcs. They knew how to inject life to what personally was my least favorite arc in the game to something actually enjoyable. Kudos. They know how to be original when the situation calls for it, it'd seem. (I'm starting to sound repetitive now, but maybe it's because I had really low expectations for these episodes)

Meh, wouldn't be the first time I heard that sentiment, probably won't be the last.

Haven't seen the episode but hopefully it will be better than the last mini-arc. Truthfully though I'm tempted to take a hiatus and wait until we get to the Nagisa/Tomoya stuff before resuming watching. Anyone have any idea how much longer the side character stuff is going to last? I ask because I feel these mini arcs are starting to give the whole season a bit of a stunted feel. Also I've heard from RC that my oh so favourite character essentially upstages the actual focus of the arc in Yukine with more of his same old antics so that's also not a good sign. Is he this constantly thrust in our faces in the actual game arcs or has he been moved up a little on the chain because of his popularity? Do people honestly still find this character funny or is he getting as worn out for others as he long since has been for me?

Lots of questions I suppose, but it's good for discussion right?
Old 2008-11-13, 22:07   Link #9
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
This will probably be the last 'mini-arc' before they hit the real After Story Part.
And well, Sunohara is pretty much everywhere in the game. You spend what, probably more time with him then a lot of the girls.I've always liked his character, sure his antics can get over the top, but I still like him. I dont think he ever upstaged the focus in the arc in the game, but he was definately there the whole time. If it pleases you any, Sunohara wont be there too much during the AS section xD

Anyway, Yukine's arc was one of the slower ones in the game and I'm looking to how Kyo-Ani spices up. And LOL for the pimp Tomoya.
Old 2008-11-13, 22:14   Link #10
skeezer

Send a message via AIM to skeezer
How do you guys stream the episode live? I'm new at this "live" thing
Old 2008-11-13, 22:23   Link #11
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Meh, wouldn't be the first time I heard that sentiment, probably won't be the last.

Haven't seen the episode but hopefully it will be better than the last mini-arc. Truthfully though I'm tempted to take a hiatus and wait until we get to the Nagisa/Tomoya stuff before resuming watching. Anyone have any idea how much longer the side character stuff is going to last? I ask because I feel these mini arcs are starting to give the whole season a bit of a stunted feel. Also I've heard from RC that my oh so favourite character essentially upstages the actual focus of the arc in Yukine with more of his same old antics so that's also not a good sign. Is he this constantly thrust in our faces in the actual game arcs or has he been moved up a little on the chain because of his popularity? Do people honestly still find this character funny or is he getting as worn out for others as he long since has been for me?

Lots of questions I suppose, but it's good for discussion right?

The thing is, Sunohara is pretty much EVERYWHERE in the game, Kaioh, so it's unavoidable that he gets as much screentime as Tomoya (well, compared to some of the girls anyway). He's a loveable loser though, so his antics aren't really grating at all, so it's very likely due to your own proclivities . And would you prefer we have the absolute DOUCHEBAG we had in the game? Thanks, but I'd prefer to stick with the comedic punching bag we have right now.

As for Yukine, ha ha, "Yuki-nee" the Yakuza ane-ue is right... She might as well be a mob boss with the way she attracts delinquents.
Old 2008-11-13, 22:56   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The thing is, Sunohara is pretty much EVERYWHERE in the game, Kaioh, so it's unavoidable that he gets as much screentime as Tomoya (well, compared to some of the girls anyway). He's a loveable loser though, so his antics aren't really grating at all, so it's very likely due to your own proclivities . And would you prefer we have the absolute DOUCHEBAG we had in the game? Thanks, but I'd prefer to stick with the comedic punching bag we have right now.

As for Yukine, ha ha, "Yuki-nee" the Yakuza ane-ue is right... She might as well be a mob boss with the way she attracts delinquents.
I don't know, he's pretty close to absolute Douchebag from what I can tell. Personally I'd prefer we have him do something else for a change or have his character feel like it's evolving instead of fluctuating, but I guess he's just that one note a character besides some very brief moments of caring for his sister. Glad none of my friends are like him.....and don't call me Michiru.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:27   Link #13
AngryDango
I'm gonna wreck you

Yukine is love =3
The adaptation of her route seems quite good for now.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:33   Link #14
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I don't know, he's pretty close to absolute Douchebag from what I can tell. Personally I'd prefer we have him do something else for a change or have his character feel like it's evolving instead of fluctuating, but I guess he's just that one note a character besides some very brief moments of caring for his sister. Glad none of my friends are like him.....and don't call me Michiru.
Well, you can see some definite results of his past growth as a character during this episode, that's a given. Though that only applies for 20% of his screen-time during this episode so I don't think you'll be too convinced.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:51   Link #15
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well, KyoAni hasn't really been giving much focus on what Youhei does whenever he's not with Tomoya or at school. Ask your buddies Klash or Deathkillz about the details, but he's not really as shallow as some people might think -- it's just that his idiotic side comes out more often than not in Tomoya's company, and let's face it, Tomoya himself isn't helping.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:54   Link #16
GameMaster0000
Chaos Nightmare

Send a message via MSN to GameMaster0000
In this episode

Spoiler for story:
Old 2008-11-13, 23:58   Link #17
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
this is probably stupid question, but was it tomoyo that tomoya was referring to when he was talking about "having a family" etc?

禁則事項です
Old 2008-11-14, 10:19   Link #18
Ruhisu
Tomoyo/Kotomi/Fuko fan

Nice episode.
I've laughed when I saw Tomoya surrouded by girls and when whe was appologising to Nagisa after that.
I don't know what to feel about SUnohara. In episode with Mei when he was fighting with Tomoya I've changed my mind and thought that he is a great person after all but after 7th episode I think that he is still a big idiot.
Old 2008-11-14, 11:02   Link #19
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Pretty good ep, but I hate how they're back to making Sunohara look like a fool, with all the gang members bullying him and everything. Give the guy a break. Tomoya and Nagisa in the bar was funny, but I thought the issue with Yuu and his sister was resolved too easily and dropped suddenly. Tomoyo's appearance was also too convenient.
Old 2008-11-14, 11:06   Link #20
Kristen
*Author

Well, first, this seemed really different than the game. I don't even seem to recall the idea of "Two gangs". I thought they were just random delinquents? O.O

Well, anyways, I like how kyoani is throwing stuff together and trying to make more comprehension of the arc. I'm just a bit worried that they may be making a crucial mistake with this arc which I'm not allowed to discuss due to spoilers.

8/10