AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-02, 15:09   Link #621
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Gwyneth Paltrow as Helen? Are they serious? 0_o
Old 2010-07-07, 05:56   Link #622
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

IMO, Overall good choices.

photoshoped Jessica Alba as Galatea!! HAHAHA take that Galatea fans
Old 2010-07-15, 18:01   Link #623
yovany

Wink My candidate

I would really like that Paz Vega = Teresa, she is Mexican but she's not blonde, I know she take Teresa's personality becouse I had seen a movie of her...

Old 2010-07-15, 23:44   Link #624
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yovany View Post
I would really like that Paz Vega = Teresa, she is Mexican but she's not blonde, I know she take Teresa's personality becouse I had seen a movie of her...

Post some pics of her looking ready to kill, being witty, and some motherly pic. Figure looks right based on that pic (not sure about the face though... her fake smile is throwing me off... hmm bad fake smile, things aren't looking good ) but since I'm not familiar with her I want to see her expressions.

It's ok about her not being Blonde... iI suspect the not many of the best people for the roles will actually be blonde.
Old 2010-07-20, 16:06   Link #625
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
I've got a lady over whom Shiek and I disagree about her playing Renee. It's none other than Halle Berry! Besides being an Academy Award winner for Best Actress, Halle's got the physique and serious persona you'd want for someone portraying Renee. Of course, the catch is you'd have to write her a much bigger part....yeah, some catch!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...w=1680&bih=852

Did I mention she can also curl her hair as required? http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...w=1680&bih=852

Halle's figure is a near-perfect match: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...w=1680&bih=852

Did I mention Halle's got Renee's figure? http://www.wallpaper4me.com/wallpaper/Sexy-Halle-Berry/

She's even posed in outfits not so terribly different from those seen in Claymore, like this: http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famec...berry-1-lg.jpg (ay carumba! That might've been the hottest endorsement of stuffing Halle into a Ghost's uniform I've seen. Just add some stockings, partial arm coverings and a scandalous miniskirt, and voila, Miria would finally have a true rival in the "Sex Bomb" category. )

Come on Shiek, even you have to admit Halle would be a knockout for Renee's part, plus she'd give Renee that different flair people were picking up when they first saw her hairdo.
I believe that having Halle Berry as Renee would be a match made in heaven. Now all we have to do is reverse time 15 years to when Halle was just starting out as an actress at age 28, rewrite (if needed) Claymore's parts for her to make Renee much more important, and watch Halle's acting chops add some much-needed depth to Claymore's character psychologies.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-02, 02:38   Link #626
Luciela

I just stumbled upon the ultimate Galatea!^^

Sadly I couldnīt find her name...
Old 2010-09-02, 02:41   Link #627
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciela View Post
I just stumbled upon the ultimate Galatea!^^

Sadly I couldnīt find her name...
It's Megan Joy Corkery... I've been forced to watch American Idol every year since it first aired as "time to spend with the family".
Old 2012-01-05, 00:02   Link #628
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I found a thread on Baidu that seemed a big hit over there about whom could play whom, so I figured it might spark something here and am transferring the pics over plus a link to the original thread on baidu. These aren't my choices, however I did take the time to list whom the actors/actress where so that way we can all have good laughs and/or agree/disagree about the choices listed here.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1347533418?pn=1

All images below are thumbnails

Spoiler for First 10... for space:

Spoiler for 11-20:

Spoiler for 21-30:

Spoiler for 31-40:

Spoiler for 41-50:

Spoiler for 51-52:

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-01-05 at 00:12.
Old 2012-01-05, 00:37   Link #629
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Very very good Ryus - this has always been a fun thread; let's get some fun going on

What's shocking though is just how many people were put together -- I mean, I remember it always being a big deal if I just thought up one person and you would usually make fun of me for it because my choices were often random . I think a big thing in general was figuring out exactly what made a certain actor or actress qualified - personally I was more lenient and just went for people that simply had similar faces or appearances to the characters....Revan though and several others went further and tried to actually choose people who they genuinely believed would be perfect for the role -- like women for instance who had done action movies and/or were built being pretty strongly. This is something, I agreed a little, to an extent -- I remember, just as a random example, that Natalie Portman should have a role somewhere (I think as Yuma) because, she hasn't done many action movies besides Star Wars (that I can think of), but she's done enough to have some basic experience and has often played shy lovable girls....hence, Yuma.

This is something I think also where it pays to know alot about movie people in general, especially up-and-coming younger people -- I don't know many people for example aside from the big-name super hollywood celebrities and all my choices because of it have been said to be older ; what can I say though, this is for fun and I don't know really know about much about teen or younger indie actors.

Of the top of my head, the people that I remember the most who I thought would be best was Liev Schrieber (the guy who played Sabertooth in X-Men: Wolverine, which was recent at the time) for Rigardo, both actors who portrayed Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequel trilogy for both child and adult Raki (I both jokingly and seriously noted how similar Anakin was to Raki, especially in physically appearance and especially in Episode 3 - he's practically a spitting image of him), Eli/Elia's (swedish) actress from Let the Right One In for Priscilla (again, another perfect fit in my opinion, especially in physical appearance), Michelle Tractenberg for Riful (despite being the most stereotypically japanese in appearance, I always said that she also reminded me of the next American Disney star...she also has reminded many people of Catherine Zeta Jones - I don't know if she has a daughter, but I wonder if she could play her )....

It looks though that, again, people were just having fun with it (which is okay) because many of the choices, dear lord, I wouldn't actually pick if their were a real movie...many of them were based purely on appearance which is what many of us, including myself, just do anyway.

And that girl being the ultimate Galatea....hard to tell -- honestly, I can't help but focus on her huuuuge arm-tattoo 0_0

I can't believe I didn't realize this before but.....you got this from Baidu Ryus? That's curious; I figured all the women they chose then would be chinese; they know more about celebrities over here then I do >_<

Last edited by Shiek927; 2012-01-05 at 02:22.
Old 2012-01-05, 12:29   Link #630
little_angel
Watching From Above

31-40
The one for Lucillia.. Isn't she from vampire diaries??
Old 2012-01-06, 02:33   Link #631
Ouvea

I see a lot of faces to portray the characters in Claymore. Most of you chose strictly by appearance. However, the thread implies performance in a movie. You would have to look at the quality of the actress in addition to her appearance.

Take Galatea for example. Yagi portrays her as one of the tallest warriors endowed with a commanding presence and a keen wit. She's also one of the older warriors so you would also have to account for maturity of the character, both physical and in demeanor. Could you really see Mischa Barton doing justice to Galatea? An actress such as Cate Blanchet or Uma Thurman could better play the role. Both have similar physical qualities and could play the role.

So if you consider the actress who not only resembles one of our warriors but who could also carry the character, would your choices still remain the same?
Old 2012-01-06, 07:28   Link #632
haegar
mangaviking

pink = rachel
steve martin = father vincent
Old 2012-01-06, 22:07   Link #633
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^I know... right?

The steve martin as father vincent clearly couldn't be serious beyond looks, but potentially... maybe... pink could do Undine well... I think...

@little_angel I think you're thinking of Gossip Girl... my cousin loves that show so I've seen a few episodes of it, to my eternal regret ... If I'm remembering correctly she was also in Veronica Mars and House M.D. (as a girl whom had a crush on Dr. House , thus proving she could do the love phase of her love and hate cycle by liking such a man and Gossip Girl sadly proves she could be the total bitch for no bloody reason other than she felt like it... now she just has to prove she could be a badass with a sword )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouvea View Post
I see a lot of faces to portray the characters in Claymore. Most of you chose strictly by appearance. However, the thread implies performance in a movie. You would have to look at the quality of the actress in addition to her appearance.

Take Galatea for example. Yagi portrays her as one of the tallest warriors endowed with a commanding presence and a keen wit. She's also one of the older warriors so you would also have to account for maturity of the character, both physical and in demeanor. Could you really see Mischa Barton doing justice to Galatea? An actress such as Cate Blanchet or Uma Thurman could better play the role. Both have similar physical qualities and could play the role.

So if you consider the actress who not only resembles one of our warriors but who could also carry the character, would your choices still remain the same?
Hey, let me repeat... I didn't choose them, I just rebloged the post that did as best I could based on thread rules, from a Chinese site. They likely haven't seen most of these people act so I think them going by looks is forgiveable to quite some degree.

That said I agree Mischa Barton couldn't do Galatea, I mean her breasts are too small. Oh, right not judging by looks Awkward... Moving on, I actually haven't seen her act in anything so I got nothing to base an agreement or disagreement with. I know she was on some teen drama show and a few D movies that I never saw. That said based on the ads for those shows you're very right she would never be able to pull off a good Galatea... then again I don't know that for sure.

Another point to consider though is I did see practically every movie with Heath Ledger before Dark Knight and thought he was such an awful actor Christopher Nolan must have gone nuts hiring him as the Joker and was proven DEAD wrong, so potentially any one of these gals could fool us and be a great potential actress for one of these rolls. Put another way... when was the last time you saw a totally believable badass female warriors in an action/survival movie an a role lasting more the 5 minutes... Sigourney Weaver in the Aliens? or Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2? Uma Thurman in Kill Bill? I mean lets get serious, it's a rare occurrence... not necessarily due to actress not being able to do it, though that might play hand in the rarity of casting calls for such a role but also due to lack of movie scripts that call on women for such roles with budget and directors willing to work with the actresses to flesh out more then a sexy pose which in Claymore should happen on there own, not due to a director forcing it to happen (which brings me to another point actresses half the time in action roles are payed just as much to act pretty and shoot a gun now and then and not shoot the gun like a true bloodly warrior willing to murder the opponent then be a kind friend the next while also never having a potential romantic counterpart in the entire film). Lets face it, society usually wants females to be in more societal acceptable female roles with just enough badass to survive the movie (or until there death scene anyway... ). We like Claymore, in part due, to the fact it switches the gender roles and lack of that, so expecting every actress on our fake movie list to be such a clear actress capable of that is a bit much... we do have to accept some disbelief of the actresses previous roles to post more than the 5 or so proven actress whom could do such roles, since A) most of them on that short list are now too old for the roles anyways and B)there's way more those 5 actress can fill the more than 5 or so characters needing actresses.

I mean lets face it, we're the core fan base so our expectations will naturally be for perfection... when that truly doesn't exist to begin with. To make matter worse how I perceive character A might be very different than how you perceive character A, or maybe we view them similarly enough but we differ on Character B. or maybe how they behave in scene 47.

In short we should be looking for something more like Peter Jackson's take on the Lord of the Rings movies where some characters did get roles slightly different than what the original plot called for but overall it was loyal enough where most diehard fans of the series didn't mind enough to complain without also complementing 30 other things the films did right at the same time.

I don't know about you but I'd love if we got some more interactions between the characters during down time like Miria talking the 4 other partially awakeneds right before the first AB wave hit Pieta (this could only be done if it's a TV show on HBO or or something like it and not just a single film or two or a miniseries). After all getting fight every episode would get tiresome, plus I believe down time conversations would make many fights seem that much more real and add to the suspense a TV show run on marathon couldn't get like a manga could where the reader has time to contemplate events at there own pace before continuing to read or we get waiting a month between chapters. Lets face it TV shows typically run on hour long blocks and at that pace it would be between 2 and 2.5 anime episode per TV show episode and at that pace we'd be done with all the manga has don in about 30 episodes, so why not add a small clip to make two events flow together better or to better transition the manga's format to a TV show format without just cutting scenes or dialog like the anime did but instead build upon Yagi's work instead to better play upcoming events. Such as making Flora or Undine seem even more important to Clare and Deneve respectively so when they die it would truly have weight to it emotionally to the audience. For Flora for example have her more than just smile at Clare when she choose to ignore what she could be and just accept her as an ally and friend, then have Clare show some sign of opening up to her just a bit without having her tell her about Irene... maybe instead have her tell her that as fast as her arm is she has witnessed even that technique being beaten once (not mentioning it was Teresa though, since it's not Clare's style to give that much information... verbally anyways) but for her she needed to learn that technique to survive then give some hint that she thinks not even the technique will be enough for the coming battle. Followed by Flora telling her that they must then find some way together to overcome it odds then (so we get a great sisterhood moment and then maybe a montage of them coming up with combos together or some such events) only to have any hope of that plot materializing the instant Rigardo kills her and leaving the audience further in total disbelief of anyones ability to survive the battle... since after all OMG FLORA just died and she seemed Clare's only friend since Teresa's death since she never quite opened up to the other partially awakened as she did here with FLORA ... One could also play up Undines role as her first step and hint that she could lead if Miria passes (thus adding further belief that when Miria gets defeated in Staff that she's really dead or that she can die/awaken now in the current plot line (up to ch 122 at the time of this post). Plus I'm sure people have a list of desired "fixes" they'd like to see, especially in this arc... me I'd like to know why Tabitha so respects Miria and show her coming to depend upon her like Miria used to with Hilda but having Miria being too blind to see it. IMHO it could really flush out many elements of chs 106-122 that kinda got ignored. Hell, maybe even include legends of past warriors in conversations among the warriors... so that way when we meet Hysteria the Elegant we go OMFG!!! Even better maybe warriors could start calling each other by joke titles that don't stick... I'd pay good money to see Helen name Clare "jerkface" like in bootlegs comic strip.

Ok... sorry for going a bit off my original idea, I just started typing and couldn't stop

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-01-06 at 22:19.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:13   Link #634
haegar
mangaviking

sry mate, tl;dr

anyways, some serious comments on my parts, love Keira Knightley but somehow can't picture her as Miria - a tad too soft facial lines imho, also, no offense, but needs more bust.

Ashley Green as Rafaella however - niiice.. like this shot more though:
Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-01-07, 13:39   Link #635
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I disagree Ryus - after the anime (especially actually), I'm not big whatsoever about the producers adding their own stuff just for the sake of it. Even before the ending, things that didn't happen in the manga stuck out like a sore-thumb.....conversations between characters for instance that never happened -- I remember Rigardo specifically in how long they dragged that fight for and how much he spoke additionally which felt weird to me.

No -- Claymore is vastly ambiguous, so Yagi would definitely have to work close at hand so that his perspective on things is what the show follows and not the directors or whoevers. I think, beyond the ending, that's another reason why the anime sort of stunk - because the creators were putting their own spin on it which stuck out strongly in comparison to the manga parts.

Not big on Keira Knightly at all, and I can't imagine her accent fitting with any of the characters -- unless they are a regal type kind of character (Hysteria for example would benefit strongly from a British woman playing), I'm not too crazy for her.
Old 2012-01-07, 23:05   Link #636
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I disagree Ryus - after the anime (especially actually), I'm not big whatsoever about the producers adding their own stuff just for the sake of it. Even before the ending, things that didn't happen in the manga stuck out like a sore-thumb.....conversations between characters for instance that never happened -- I remember Rigardo specifically in how long they dragged that fight for and how much he spoke additionally which felt weird to me.

No -- Claymore is vastly ambiguous, so Yagi would definitely have to work close at hand so that his perspective on things is what the show follows and not the directors or whoevers. I think, beyond the ending, that's another reason why the anime sort of stunk - because the creators were putting their own spin on it which stuck out strongly in comparison to the manga parts.

Not big on Keira Knightly at all, and I can't imagine her accent fitting with any of the characters -- unless they are a regal type kind of character (Hysteria for example would benefit strongly from a British woman playing), I'm not too crazy for her.
I didn't say rewrite whole plot lines Shieky like the anime did... I said add little bits here in there to better fell out certain events and to make Yagi's wft plot devices of late seem more planned and destined in hind sight (yet still being very ambiguous with these extra scenes so not to spoil anything either). The anime did the opposite of what I'm suggesting, they cut stuff that really helped add to that ambiguity solely to make it more clear cut & conserve time, then compounded the problem by editing characters and key events to lead to the anime's unique and horrid ending.

Let me give you an example the anime edited Raki a lot though out the series into more of being a cry baby just so Jean would have to carry his ass at the end of the series (while she had a gaping gut wound), I get why they did it since they wanted to show how weak the rest of humanity felt about Yoma through Raki but it could have been way better done by have a few more village scenes where we see people living in fear from yoma and Raki choosing to be more like Clare (and cid/galk, kinda) instead and choosing the path in life to risk life and limb to save people... This would a better path to develop Raki into the warrior he is now and wouldn't hinder the plot in any real mannor (after all Raki doesn't even have to witness new killings/villagers being scared... he just has to recall what happened in his village one night while next to the camp fire with Clare). I'm saying what's the harm in showing Miria telling Audrey, Rachel, and Nina why she is rebelling in a flashback after it's revealed that she's still alive. Lets face it Yagi's plot line was she did something so stupid but sweet everyone joined her but never explained why no one in the group questioned what would the fate of humanity be without the org like Galatea did in the Holy City once the ghosts told Galatea of their plans to rebel. The new gen warriors don't have to accept Miria's explanation fully or anything just enough that they agree they need to stop just taking orders and find out for themselves the truth (likely Audrey accepts it, Rachel is too confused to know what to think (hence her still not trusting Miria comments), and Nina needs to see it for herself but fears she's right). Then jump back them having some dialog about what there about to do when marching up to the Rimato, only then to jump Rimato ordering the gates open to buy Dae time. See I'm not saying anything about editing what Yagi's done... just building it up better. In short giving Yagi the extra pages he should be getting beyond the stupid 31 page limit that seems to be currently imposed on each chapter.

I love the ambiguity in Claymore too so I'm very much not saying get rid of any of it, for example I'm not saying spell out whom is stronger between Awakened Priscilla and Teresa's awakened potential. I believe like you removing the ambiguity would destroy the series, the not knowing is the fun of it. What I'm saying is throw in a few extra red herrings, develop some characters a bit more without taking away anything from the plot by showing a heartfelt moment or internal conflict (like give hints at why Tabitha so worships Miria or a few other flashbacks of Miria and Hilda here and there or maybe even just a quick flashback of Clare remembering just what it felt like to walk behind Teresa after she accepted her or hell why not just show her shock at waking up to Teresa vs Irene), build up characters even more before there fall so there fall will be that much more spectacular (once again without it changing what Yagi intended, the key is to build on what he was doing not grabbing the red pen and "fixing" it (after all once you start down that path you'll end up with nothing left that was there in the beginning)), or letting us get to know a few background characters for 5 minutes (like that random warrior whom was giving the monologue a few chapters back when the rebellion began... maybe even have a scene of her and the others whom spared Miria be found out by Aurdey and being on the verge of panic that they're done for... when Audrey tells the thank you and says she's glad they did that so she could find out why she attacked the org but sparred everyone and have that lead into Miria telling them everything as I previous said would be a nice bit of ambiguous information but that would also make the plot just flow more smoothly, I get why Yagi cut it due to wanting to advance the plot due to him being limited to 31 pages and a monthly but something along those clearly did happen between A and B and getting to see it after the revelation that Miria is still alive would do no harm at all and might actually make it better).
Old 2012-01-08, 00:43   Link #637
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Mmmm, I get what you're trying to say even if I'm a bit wary....

Particularly, this line gets my attention:

Quote:
and to make Yagi's wft plot devices of late seem more planned and destined in hind sight
We have no idea how far Yagi has, or even if he is, planning things ahead -- To make a recent example, Hysteria has now won many people's praise because of how well how mobility works with her design, wheras a month ago, everyone was bashing her.

Everything obviously seems simpler and better when you're looking at it in hindsight, even if at the time, you don't get it -- the point I'm trying to make, is that many things that feel WTF now, only feel that way because we are experiencing it as it comes to us and we don't know what's coming - everything could have, and largely and hopefully is, pre-planned.

Yagi.....is not perfect (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=603), I've already come to terms with that and, in all honesty, the less I know about the man himself and how he actually makes the story, the better....many things indeed, like the issue of children, the economy...all sorts of little things that are unlikely to ever actually be revealed in the manga itself (for differing reasons, such as being too vast, or Yagi simply has no interest in it), would be interesting if it were actually touched upon in the anime.....then their are other things that are bigger, like the Isley/Raki/Priscilla years that have still and feels more and more unlikely to be shown, which would be nice to see...

And other things like the Isley vs Luciella fight which we all wanted to see...it's something that begs to be animated....

My wish is primarily, that if a show were to be made, that it remains the 'truest' adaption it could ever possibly be - which is why, to avoid people taking their own potentially-false interpretation on things, that Yagi is on set to make sure, what we see, is what he intended. That does of course pave the way for unique material that doesn't impact the story all that much, but is nice to see anyway, especially if it was intended to be a given in the first place -- for example, potential deaths, like Renee's, can be expressed vastly more clearer in a show then in the manga.

It's a totally different world compared to the manga; different mentality and different ways of doing it must be done.....I don't have much problem with unique material being thrown in, but their is a line -- things like Claire telling Raki to stay behind in the field or whatever, and then he shows up, is a no-no (really....what was the whole point of adding that except to make him look like disobeying her orders?)....really, in my eyes, less is more -- After the anime, I can't help but be wary about this subject.

Nevertheless, I do agree that things can run, in some ways, smoother with an adaption then in the manga -- especially recently, with all these battles and Yagi jumping all over the place (you know what I mean -- how chapters would no longer focus on a singular group but various little groups all in the same chapter -- this was especially prominent when Raciella showed up, and we had 1) Claire/Helen/Deneve 2)Yuma/Cynthia 3)Riful/Dauf, with Alicia/Beth, the Feeders, and Priscilla making it even more chaotic).....these things have a reason and can, in that sense, provide an even better presentation then the manga itself.

A truly good adaption can be possible -- It's my opinion though that Yagi must take part in this to ensure this and, perhaps more importantly, the adaption should be after the manga is done. The ambiguity of Claymore is half the fun as you say (the other half is the speculations)......once Claymore is over and done with however, the ambiguity will be all but finished and the speculating will be minimal......the true fun of Claymore is what we do -- sitting at the edge of our seats with tension each month as we talk and debate as we wait for next month's issue. The idea of someone seriously reading the whole manga in one shot and/or reading it after it's all over......It feels alien and anticlimatic to me - a hollow experience since you are reading it long after the party is over.

That said, their is one benefit of the manga being finished -- an adaption like this because, now that the manga is over, the ambiguity doesn't have as much importance as it used to -- that doesn't mean of course that the show should do what it's predecessor did, but it won't have lack of material to work with and has a better likelihood of making a much better show so long as they don't get too carried away. That's why Yagi should take part - because, on top of so many other reasons, he might as well to make sure the story is done as he intended; the manga is already finished and many of the questions and speculations are presumably over....all that's left, is to actually make the show itself and present it as he intended.

Plus, as you say, their are unique things he could show that he could not for whatever reason -- for example, I've been saying for a long time now that, after the manga is finished, Yagi should create a giant compendium -- an encyclopedia sort of thing ("The World of Claymore") that catalogs and details the history of just about everything....this gives us a unique chance to learn and read things from the maker himself that will undoubtedly give us new insight into how we were "intended" to interpret the manga and undoubtedly learn new things about everyone -- the pasts of so many characters, like the Abyssals or the MiB's, can be revealed which didn't make it into the manga. Again, since the manga is already finished, the ambiguity doesn't have as much importance -- really, in a sense, he might as well at that stage go ahead and reveal to us everything he can.

It's things like that, that could also make it into the adapation.....so in that sense, it could, in some ways, an even fuller experience then the manga itself was -- we won't watch it with necessarily the same excitement, since their won't be as many questions to ask or things to speculate....but we can watch it with excitement that we are watching the true bonafide 100% Claymore experience that Yagi intended for us to have and interpret all along....we can see all sorts of things in a new light and see the various gaps, that we long since speculated about, being filled in as we learn things we didn't know before; plus as you say, it's an opportunity to correct his mistakes and/or to at least clarify some bits more - whichever comes first . The Lord of the Rings for example (the books), are massive epics of incredible and, in some ways, overwhelming detail -- the Peter Jackson movies are, in some ways, actually better for being streamlined and simpler to follow in that regard; sure, I'm not getting as much from the movies as I do from the books (He changed various things but, unlike with the blasphemy he did with The Lonely Bones, I can understand why he made the changes he did, or at least understand the interpretation), but I can always return to the books and, as I said, the movies are honestly easier to get into in my opinion - particularly for the people who have never read the books in the first place, which was me for the first two movies.

And of course, like with Lord of the Rings, It would help introduce undoubtedly a boat load of people who have never even heard of Claymore and introduce them to the manga -- as before, they undoubtedly won't enjoy it as well as we did (though who knows, maybe they will), but they'll be watching the show even fresher then we did, so who knows; maybe for them, especially the more casual fans who aren't used to and/or don't care for speculating and discussing like we do, it will be a much more welcome and exciting way to enjoy Claymore.

An adaption could work.....it really really could -- their's simply a way to do it, and a way to don't; so long as all the right steps are taken.....by all means, everything should be fine.
Old 2012-02-04, 21:34   Link #638
Ulquihorror

some of these seem to be randomly put in place. Following this logic, if anything, Obama should be playing Renee
Old 2012-02-05, 10:01   Link #639
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
some of these seem to be randomly put in place. Following this logic, if anything, Obama should be playing Renee
Well, if he's the only one with her odd shaped nose I suppose it has to be done.

Plus think of all the people who'd watch Claymore just to see a president crossdress.
Old 2012-02-05, 11:30   Link #640
Nixl

Can we defeat the Organization? Yes WE can.
Closed Thread