Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-14, 22:43   Link #9081
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No need to act elitist about it. Not everyone cares about college football, diligently studies prospects, or runs mock draft after mock draft.
missing the point. It's the ignorance of these fans that are annoying. Nothing elitist about it. These guys will come on 1010xl (radio station here in Jax) calling for Caldwell and Bradley's jobs because they won't start Bortles and not understanding why they won't play Bortles and I guarantee you 95% of these schlubs didn't even know who the guy was before May 8th. There's nothing more annoying for a real fan than having to hear these people who barely follow the team, let alone the entire spectrum of football, yet want to claim it talking all day about how the Jags need to play Bortles and they know better than the coaching staff and front office.
Old 2014-09-14, 22:49   Link #9082
GDB

Being annoyed by ignorance is one thing, but it's completely asinine to use a claim such as "They didn't know who the guy was before he was drafted!" as a way of proclaiming them to be lower level. There's no reason, nor need, for that. People can't affect the draft in any way, so there's no need for most people to care about a player until they're drafted. Again, not everyone cares about those things.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 22:52   Link #9083
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Being annoyed by ignorance is one thing, but it's completely asinine to use a claim such as "They didn't know who the guy was before he was drafted!" as a way of proclaiming them to be lower level. There's no reason, nor need, for that. People can't affect the draft in any way, so there's no need for most people to care about a player until they're drafted. Again, not everyone cares about those things.
No it isn't. They're ignorant of even the slightest detail of the kind of prospect Bortles is other than what they saw in preseason in semi-controlled environments, yet want to holler and carry on about what the team is doing wrong by not playing Bortles. They are ignorant and uninformed. Label it "lower level" or "elitist" or whatever buzz words you want to make it seem bad, but it is what is. These people have not the slightest clue in what goes into building a successful football team, so no, their opinions would not mean as much as someone's who actually knows what they're talking about. Just because they don't care is no excuse for not calling them out on ignorance, and is every reason to condemn any knee jerk opinion they have.
Old 2014-09-14, 22:58   Link #9084
GDB

Them not knowing how he was in college does not correlate to them wanting him on the field now. That's the point I'm trying to make. Whenever a quarterback does horribly for a couple of games, people call for their backup to go in instead. Hell, people were calling for Flacco to replaced after the first game this season with the horrid Tyrod Taylor. That has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing how he was in college or anything along those lines. It's just ignorant people being ignorant, and thinking the quarterback is the team.
Old 2014-09-14, 23:03   Link #9085
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
We'll differ from views on this matter, as I do believe people who has some knowledge about these players before or immediately after the draft have a more deeper understanding of these players. Majority of our fan base who are pushing for Bortles to start says he is better than Henne, but that is only after they write a huge paragraph insulting Henne and the coaching staff. They do not attempt to understand the situation. Ignorant creates a bad situation in a fan base and cause division. While it may seem small, but if they had background information, no matter how small (real scouting reports or breakdowns after the draft), it will cause a fan base to have a deeper understand as well a balance chemistry between the fans and the people in charge. It can make a difference between madness and patience understanding.

Its not like we are belittling the ignorance of our fan base though it may come out this way. Its more of trying to push the fan base who are ignorant to become something much more and become more unified is what I am trying to say.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 23:06   Link #9086
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That was one heck of a comeback by Chicago. San Francisco were utterly drowning in penalties and turnovers. Cutler showed some real grit to craft a win despite sub-par health on key receivers and defenders dropping like flies. So much for opening night in the new 49ers yard.

New Orleans falling to Cleveland was also a stunner. Sproles going to Philly seems to have left them without that edge that would win those games.

And the RG3 saga continues......nothing seems to go right for him.
Old 2014-09-15, 04:25   Link #9087
Samari
World's Greatest

Bad loss for the 49ers. This one stung as it was the first official game at Levi's Stadium. The 49ers also lost their first game at Candlestick too interestingly enough. And before that at Kezar stadium. I honestly thought this game was going to be a blowout for the 49ers. And it seemed like we had the better team on the field. Felt like we gave the game away more than the Bears imposed their will on us. The officials threw a ridiculous amount of flags. The Bears had a lot too, but this officiating team was ridiculous with the amount of penalties they threw on the 49ers. On one drive in particular near the end of the 3rd quarter they essentially kept dragging the Bears down the field giving them a score. I was so pissed off. Hopefully we aren't stuck with the same crew next week or any time soon. The four turnovers were what really killed us though. Kaepernick had one of his rare games were he just shit the bed entirely. Hopefully Harbaugh and the coaches whip those boys into shape. It's a long season. I expect to see more discipline on the field next week against the Cardinals.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 10:36   Link #9088
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Reaper, here's PFFs breakdown of sacks, hits, and hurries:

Joeckel: 1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry
McClendon: 1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry
Beadles: 1 sack, 1 hurry
Henne: 2 sacks
Bradfield: 3 sacks, 1 hit, 2 hurries
Linder: 3 sacks
Young: 1 hurry
Bowanko: 1 hit
Old 2014-09-15, 11:05   Link #9089
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Reaper, here's PFFs breakdown of sacks, hits, and hurries:

Joeckel: 1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry
McClendon: 1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry
Beadles: 1 sack, 1 hurry
Henne: 2 sacks
Bradfield: 3 sacks, 1 hit, 2 hurries
Linder: 3 sacks
Young: 1 hurry
Bowanko: 1 hit
Yep, definitely the right side.
Old 2014-09-15, 22:18   Link #9090
Yye1
Wide Right

So, has this thread become a discussion about who will potentially be the new 3rd string cornerback or lineman that might be signed to the practice squad for the Jags in 2017?

Anyways, I wonder if there is a way to program Andrew Luck to make him think every quarter is the 4th quarter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

And the RG3 saga continues......nothing seems to go right for him.
Though I understand that people in Washington is excited by the performance of Cousins, I would temper my excitement by the fact he put up those numbers against essentially the NFL Junior Varsity team

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 08:11   Link #9091
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
So, has this thread become a discussion about who will potentially be the new 3rd string cornerback or lineman that might be signed to the practice squad for the Jags in 2017?

Anyways, I wonder if there is a way to program Andrew Luck to make him think every quarter is the 4th quarter?

Though I understand that people in Washington is excited by the performance of Cousins, I would temper my excitement by the fact he put up those numbers against essentially the NFL Junior Varsity team
Hard to refute that. Well the season just started.
Old 2014-09-17, 08:14   Link #9092
GDB

Hooo boy, I got lucky as hell. There's a huge Vikings fan in my league, and I managed to pawn off Adrian Peterson between the time he was stated to be playing this week and the time they changed course and barred him. That was lucky as hell.
Old 2014-09-17, 12:33   Link #9093
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Wow...two weeks went by fast.

I didn't expect a win against San Fran in week 1, so nothing to be really upset about there.

*waves Dallas flag*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 17:33   Link #9094
GDB

So... Jonathan Dwyer got arrested for domestic violence.

Quote:
According to the CBS Evening News, Dwyer is facing charges of aggravated assault and preventing someone from calling 911.
Old 2014-09-17, 21:01   Link #9095
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
To be sure, has these players kept up to date about the new policy of domestic violence?
Old 2014-09-17, 21:04   Link #9096
GDB

If we, the fans, are up to date, then the players have just as much if not more ability to do so.

However, my understanding is this incident occurred in July. Not sure exactly how that works with either the policy or the police, since it's not like he kept his wife/girlfriend/whatever chained up for the past 2 months.
Old 2014-09-17, 21:12   Link #9097
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
You're right, it did occurred on July. The police report was filed on Sept. 11. That is the strange thing, why was it filed only recently?
Old 2014-09-18, 20:33   Link #9098
GDB

Chances of a 50+ point shutout tonight?
Old 2014-09-18, 21:02   Link #9099
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

35-0 at half time....

And Hester broke the return TD mark.
Old 2014-09-18, 21:42   Link #9100
GDB

Buccs screwed that snap, Falcons recover... and I just start laughing uncontrollably.

49-0, not even half way through the 3rd quarter.

*edit*

And now 56-0 before the end of the 3rd quarter... The Falcons have twice as many TDs as the Buccs do first downs right now.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-09-18 at 21:58.

Tags
american football, sports