Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-10-03, 23:19   Link #9161
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You actually watch football outside the Bay area? Flacco is one of the better passers in the league. Especially the deep ball. Problem is, his receivers can't reliably catch a ball. And if you look back over the past few seasons, you'd notice there were actually quite a few shootouts.

Unless you think the Indy defense is good because it bottled up Whitehurst and Henne.

To be fair, they still got a lot of home games left, so they could easily still go 8-8.
Please. Flacco is a decent passer. Decent enough to get the job done. One of the better passers in the league? Depends on your personal definition of that. When was the last time that Flacco competed in a shootout though? I can't remember him ever keeping up in a track meet when going against Brees, Manning, Rodgers, or Brady. When guys like that are clicking against the Ravens, it's rare that Flacco can keep up on the same ground.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 09:02   Link #9162
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Saw this comment on NFL.com. It made my night. Was from an article about Eric Ebron.

Quote:
If whining rich people bother you, this may not be the site for you sir.
Old 2014-10-04, 09:51   Link #9163
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I can't remember him ever keeping up in a track meet when going against Brees, Manning, Rodgers, or Brady. When guys like that are clicking against the Ravens, it's rare that Flacco can keep up on the same ground.
2012 Regular Season, Ravens over Brady lead Patriots 31-30
2012 Playoffs, Ravens over Manning lead Broncos 38-35 in Double OT
2012 Playoffs, Ravens over Brady lead Patriots 28-13 (not really a shootout, but it's > Brady)

Haven't played the Saints in 4 years, hence why they'll play later this season, and 4 years is a little too far back to look for data. Packers game was last year, and neither side had a good game offensively, ending 17-19.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 18:12   Link #9164
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Jaguars fell again, to the Steelers 17 to 9. However, there were great positive from this game aside from the defense. On the offense side, drops, poor running game, and rookie mistakes didn't allow much to take advantage.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 21:25   Link #9165
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So sad that in a week with some genuine thrillers, the duds are the nationally televised ones....San Diego shutting out the Jets and New England dumping on Cincinatti have not been good viewing....

Looks like after tonight, no more undefeated teams. That mark has fallen way earlier than last year.
Old 2014-10-05, 21:30   Link #9166
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
2012 Regular Season, Ravens over Brady lead Patriots 31-30
2012 Playoffs, Ravens over Manning lead Broncos 38-35 in Double OT
2012 Playoffs, Ravens over Brady lead Patriots 28-13 (not really a shootout, but it's > Brady)

Haven't played the Saints in 4 years, hence why they'll play later this season, and 4 years is a little too far back to look for data. Packers game was last year, and neither side had a good game offensively, ending 17-19.
From what I remember in most of those games it was the defense and run game of the Ravens that made the huge plays. Not necessarily Flacco playing mad bomber. If the defense and run game fail can Flacco put the team on his back and just gun it?

He's a decent starter. I just don't remember many games where it was him that took the entire contest over.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-05, 21:32   Link #9167
Samari
World's Greatest

As for the 49ers....well...it was a tough win, but we got it. I was really pissed off at the defense early on. They couldn't get off third down and they were treating Alex Smith like he was Daryle Lamonica. Things got better as the game went on though. The offense played decent without the Davis bros. The run game was very impressed with Gore and Hyde. Seems like we're getting back to our roots. Colin was alright. He clearly improved in terms of getting the play off and not wasting timeouts. He also didn't turn the ball over (although there were a couple "could have been" interceptions). The offensive line in pass pro is still lackluster. Even if we get Anthony Davis back, I think this unit is going to be up and down all year.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-06, 20:42   Link #9168
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Another night game blowout in the making....

Yeah, I think the calls for Cousins to replace RG3 might have lost steam over these last couple of weeks. The saga continues.
Old 2014-10-06, 21:46   Link #9169
GDB

So much for a shootout in Indy. That was more similar to the GB game the Ravens had a couple years back than normal contests against high octane QBs. There was like no action from either QB the entire game. That said, both had a lot of drops.

So far it's not really close to a blowout. That said, I went into tonight needing 13 points from a combination of Lynch and the Seattle DST. I wasn't too worried, but wasn't optimistic either. I'm currently at 10.3 out of those 13, with the obvious chance to lose points. I'm becoming less and less optimistic by the minute.

Every week I bench someone I shouldn't have, and this week was the San Diego DST. If Seattle costs me the win this week by playing weirdly, I'm gonna be upset.

*edit*

Thank god, Lynch got a TD. Nothing quite like being at 1-5, get a penalty to go to 1-10, run for 1 yard, and then refresh the fantasy page just to see how much more you'll need and randomly the player has over 12 points when he last had under 6. Gotta love that feeling when the fantasy page updates more quickly than NFL.com.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-10-06 at 22:15.
Old 2014-10-07, 06:25   Link #9170
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Russell Wilson....never ceases to impress.

Harvin having 3 TDs taken away from him via penalties...that's harsh....okay, one was his fault, granted, but it's still harsh.
Old 2014-10-08, 05:33   Link #9171
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So our O-Line was all around great against the Steelers with all our projected starters in. Linder, Pasztor, and Joeckel all had 1.2+ scores and Bowanko and Beadles also had 0.8 or so scores. They did really well and are getting more cohesive as a unit. Lageman said not to expect the team to draft a lineman in the top 4 rounds period next year. He's also predicting a win for the first time this season at Tennessee, and I agree. We've been getting better every week and it's set up pretty nice for a win at Tennessee.
Old 2014-10-09, 20:03   Link #9172
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Another Thursday night blowout is imminent...17-0 halfway through the first quarter?!

And since some of you had been following Gurley as a potential draft interest, news has come that he's been indefinitely suspended for an alleged NCAA rules violation.
Old 2014-10-09, 20:14   Link #9173
GDB

And the first quarter ends 24-0. I'm... perfectly okay with this. I got Luck as the leader of my fantasy team. Though I benched Bradshaw in favor of Williams (NYG).

*edit*

And of course, he hasn't done much since that first quarter. And my opponent has Andre Johnson, who has since begun lighting it up. Damn you, fantasy football!

Last edited by GDB; 2014-10-09 at 21:25.
Old 2014-10-10, 00:25   Link #9174
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well....from 24-0 to 33-28....at least it went to a tense finish...
Old 2014-10-12, 12:43   Link #9175
GDB

28-0 Ravens over Buccs with 1 second left in first quarter.

...Hot damn, and all the TDs were passes rather than runs.

*edit*

Barely a minute into the second quarter, long, DEEP TD pass to Smith Sr. 35-0.
Old 2014-10-12, 15:14   Link #9176
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow, really wow. The Titans dodged a big bullet.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 17:24   Link #9177
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

How about that draw?
Old 2014-10-12, 18:53   Link #9178
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
How about that draw?
Edit - How about them Cowboys....beating Seattle in Seattle....
Old 2014-10-12, 19:55   Link #9179
GDB

Ugh, so of course my opponent has 2 non-performers, but then every other player he has massively overperforms (he's currently projected 30% higher than his initial projection), whereas I had one overperformer and about 5 massive underperformers.

Damnit.
Old 2014-10-12, 22:38   Link #9180
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And the Eagles shutout the Giants. And by their schedule, I don't see the Giants winning any of their next 5, either.

Tags
american football, sports