AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-12, 14:10   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-13, 00:36   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm still going to look at Tsukasa as mostly a maniac. No matter how the character himself wants to frame it, he was out trying to commit genocide. Yeah, you can't just revive everyone on the spot and not have it be a total mess. And yes that one cave may not provide enough to revive everyone immediately. Can even throw in a rough backstory and all that.

But there's a pretty insane jump between those thoughts and smashing every statue in sight. These people have remained in this stasis for a really long time. They can wait until the world is at a state to revive them and so long as you don't kill everyone with a brain you can figure out how to make more revival fluid.

My condolences for his backstory. But doesn't excuse his actions or wave away how failed his plan was from the start. Barely anyone really agreed and understood his reasoning. His top guys either are sociopaths that would betray him eventually (like the spear guy), were only reluctantly helping him and would change sides if a better offer existed (like Uyko or even Gen), or are guys that would cut and run at the first issue like the psycho cop guy. This empire was doomed.

At least there's a truce for now until someone decides to break it (probably the spear guy).
Old 2021-03-18, 11:20   Link #63
Jaden

Quote:
At least there's a truce for now until someone decides to break it (probably the spear guy).
yep lol

This week's science trick should've had one of those "don't try this at home, kids" disclaimers. That battery with transformer looks like it can easily turn into a suicide vest, especially when immersed in seawater
Old 2021-03-18, 16:34   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I figured the truce would be cut short due to betrayal. But I kind of thought it would take a couple episodes .

On the positive side that electrocution was very satisfying . I guess if Tsukasa is done for then I'll say a few kind words at the end. But, suppose it is better to wait until the next one to be sure he can't be saved.

Will admit I'm kind of surprised that a stab wound is enough to take down Tsukasa. His superhuman feats made me think an actual tank would struggle against him. But I suppose that's how it goes when a villain joins with the heroes. Their skills take a massive dip as a result .
Old 2021-03-18, 20:13   Link #65
grecefar

At least it was solved in one chapter and didn’t drag, next chapter is the last one if I recall.

I doubt tsukasa is going to die but is going to be him now in coma instead of his sister.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 23:42   Link #66
Random14

And now time for the true final boss of the arc (his identity shouldn't be a surprise to anyone). Too bad the cave is gone, after all that trouble they went through but Senku's luck is the worst.

I'm surprised they started playing the second opening for their comeback (my favorite opening theme actually). Well, their tag team was short but fun, that and its always cool to see what Senku can throw together on short notice. Just one more episode left. Too bad it wasn't two seasons like before, but glad they can wrap up the Stone Wars arc.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 02:52   Link #67
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Good episode and great fight. Gunpowder and stun gun with the transformer strapped to the chest. Very ingenious!

Sad to see it's coming to an end for this season.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-25, 11:38   Link #68
grecefar

Pretty emotive last chapter, it got a nice "conclusion", I loved how tsukasa acknowledge chrome and will choose him to take with him, I'm so proud of chrome.

season 3 announced but can't wait for it, so I'll jump to the manga. 9/10 because not enough chapters ;A;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-25, 11:48   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I can appreciate the mindset that Tsukasa had in his theoretical space team. Can't go wrong with the capable Taiju and Chrome to mix science and physical ability. Of course that's probably not happening any time soon. Although with this show I could totally see it ending on Tsukasa heading off into space with those two.

At least they didn't actually save Tsukasa right now. That would have been rather extreme BS. Of course the effectiveness of this cold sleep is itself pushing it, but it's fine. Since what will save the character will be something utterly insane like the petrification. True enough if they could make use of it in a less hostile way than they were introduced to it then they'd be in great shape. Refrigeration would basically be old school and honestly so would a lot of medical treatments.

A good conclusion to the Stone Wars. Now to see how things play out from here.
Old 2021-03-25, 13:02   Link #70
James Rye

Pretty entertaining season and season 3 already confirmed. Next time the arc of "One Stone"! xD

Kohaku sitting there in the sunset scenery, waiting for Senku to call her to put Tsukasa into his ice coffin was pretty beautiful and sad.
Old 2021-03-25, 13:56   Link #71
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

A full mix of emotions and a nice conclusion to the Stone Wars. Looking forward to the next season. Who was that at the end? Guess we anime watchers have to wait to find out.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-25, 20:15   Link #72
Random14

And so the Stone Wars end. That episode sure went through a lot of moods, from Tsukasa's former empire seeing all the things Senku's whipped up to that last moment between Senku and Tsukasa (but then this episode did cover several chapters). If it hadn't been for Tsukasa, winning over that crowd would have been easy. And funny to see Ukyo and Nikki's reactions to the kingdom of science's engineering skills.

Senku's always planning something, so still not quite sure on that team roster Senku was asking about at the very end. I love that Chrome was acknowledged- Senku has more knowledge but for a theoretical tough expedition, Chrome would be a better fit.

I'm glad they announced a new season already, I was expecting it, but confirmation is always good too. Now that their war is over, Senku can really get started on solving the bigger mysteries of their world. I look forward to whenever the next season date is announced. That and I kind of hope it'll be a two-cour, though one season suited this arc pretty well.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-26, 01:12   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post apocalyptic, shonen