AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 03:52   Link #41
JustRob

I'm pretty sure destroying the moon wouldn't solve anything. After all, it was the Sage of the Six Paths who originally created the moon.

Madara's goal is to obtain the power of the Sage, and if he's any kind of serious about it, then he is also able to create a new moon.
Old 2013-07-10, 05:15   Link #42
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

No wonder I'm rather bored with the story.. it's just DBZ reskinned. And I normally loved to see all these great hokages worked into the story.

Oh well.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 06:24   Link #43
Cookie-Monster

I hope this turns out better than Aizen's god awful final boss transformation.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 07:31   Link #44
Apollian

Aizen's power up wasn't that bad!.... I'm still trying to figure out where the 5 Kages and Oro fits into all this.... if Hashi and Tobirama seem lost, those guys haven't got a chance!.
if anyone can stop this its Oro!...... his spent a life time learning all the Illegal Jutsus, he must know something of how to stop this.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 08:58   Link #45
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
Honestly, I don't know how entertaining a fight can be when you have a main villain going against muttiple people, it's seems to messy and watching an one on one fight can be much more epic..
Go read Fullmetal Alchemist then. That's a story that truly knew how to use its secondary characters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 11:31   Link #46
Hiking_Bear

Another idea is that Madara's trump card involves Sasuke. It doesn't really make sense, because Madara only just met Sasuke (kind of). But, if Naruto is going to get a powerup from his dad giving him the other half of the 9-tails, then Sasuke has to get his own powerup. What Madara needs is a body. If he can't get Obito's, then Sasuke's is the next best thing. He'd have to fight Orochimaru for it.
Old 2013-07-10, 11:52   Link #47
Cookie-Monster

Cmon people! Lets get some more juicy speculation on what "madara's trump card" is? I do love a mystery.

- Some new MS power up?

- Perhaps his top secret power has to do with the mysterious (fishy) circumstances he "died" in his last fight with the 1st.

- Some secret corpses (sage of six paths? Sage's two sons?) that he has ready to use Edo tensei on?

- Some way of controlling/nullifying Obito ? Maybe Madara planned for Obito backstabbing him and his fail-safe has something to do with the Zetsu bits fused in Obito.

- I noticed in the last chapter Madara was grinning at Sasuke. I thought he was just amused to see an uchiha. Perhaps Orochimaru and Sasuke already rendevouzed with Madara earlier, and the whole "good oro/sasuke" is part of some ploy and Madara/Sasuke/Oro have some secret scheme.

- Laxatives he slipped into Obito's tea ready to kick in?

And where the f*** is kakashi? Are we to assume he is dead? Or just passed out in the netherworld
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 11:55   Link #48
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Another idea is that Madara's trump card involves Sasuke. It doesn't really make sense, because Madara only just met Sasuke (kind of). But, if Naruto is going to get a powerup from his dad giving him the other half of the 9-tails, then Sasuke has to get his own powerup. What Madara needs is a body. If he can't get Obito's, then Sasuke's is the next best thing. He'd have to fight Orochimaru for it.
I don't think Madara wanted Obito's body. He wanted Obito to resurrect him, thus giving him back his real body.
Old 2013-07-10, 13:36   Link #49
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
I'm pretty sure destroying the moon wouldn't solve anything.
infinite tsukiyomi is a reflection off the moon. if the moon is destroyed. problem solved

Quote:
Madara's goal is to obtain the power of the Sage, and if he's any kind of serious about it, then he is also able to create a new moon.
are you suggesting that he create a second moon for his own infinite tsukiyomi? that would be awfully redundant. or a second moon to block the first moon? lol! it would be hilarious if obito, madara, sasuke and naruto kept making moons to keep blocking each other's moon techniques
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 14:25   Link #50
Kurohane

Madara's trump card is most likely a jinchuuriki submission Mokuton technique like Yamato used to use on Naruto when Kurama ran amok. He wants to use it before Obito notices him and can counter it.
Old 2013-07-10, 14:29   Link #51
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
infinite tsukiyomi is a reflection off the moon. if the moon is destroyed. problem solved

are you suggesting that he create a second moon for his own infinite tsukiyomi? that would be awfully redundant. or a second moon to block the first moon? lol! it would be hilarious if obito, madara, sasuke and naruto kept making moons to keep blocking each other's moon techniques
The two statements you replied to seperately were obviously part of the same whole. Thus, destroying the moon is useless, BECAUSE the power he'd have by the time he'd try it would allow him to just create another one.
Old 2013-07-10, 15:07   Link #52
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The two statements you replied to seperately were obviously part of the same whole. Thus, destroying the moon is useless, BECAUSE the power he'd have by the time he'd try it would allow him to just create another one.
clearly my joke went over your head. i'm pointing out how absurd that would be. you just can't keep creating moons and expect readers to suspend their disbelief. even in a magical story like naruto, it's over the line
Old 2013-07-10, 16:42   Link #53
JustRob

The Sage of the Six Paths created the original moon. Like, the one that's in the sky right now. He created a moon to seal the Jyuubi in.

I'm just saying, if Madara is serious about obtaining the power of the Sage, he should be able to create a new moon quite easily once he does obtain that power.

Hell, Nagato created a tiny version of the moon. And he only had the Rinnegan without any additional powers.
Old 2013-07-10, 16:57   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
The Sage of the Six Paths created the original moon. Like, the one that's in the sky right now. He created a moon to seal the Jyuubi in.

I'm just saying, if Madara is serious about obtaining the power of the Sage, he should be able to create a new moon quite easily once he does obtain that power.
Nagato was using Madara's eyes when he created his big ball, and since the power of the eyes shouldn't be that drastically different between users (case and point, Kakashi and Obito possessing the same powers, though Obito's are somewhat more powerful and definitely more refined) I somewhat doubt Madara could so cavalierly create a new moon if the old were destroyed (not that I actually believe anyone is going to destroy the moon, what with such a destruction actually being worse than anything the Jyuubi has done thus far)). Maybe the Rikudou Senin could do that, but Madara can not (or at least we have no real reason to believe he can). Obito, though, now that he is a Jinchuuriki, might be able to equal the Rikudou-Sennin.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 17:16   Link #55
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Obito, though, now that he is a Jinchuuriki, might be able to equal the Rikudou-Sennin.
yea, madara said obito is now equal to the So6P and hashirama said obito is now stronger than him. based on those 2 god-like ninja's statements, obito is the only one capable of feats that the So6P could do.

that all said, we already saw the weakness in the rinnegan moon technique when edo-nagato used it against bee, naruto and itachi. they just directed their strongest attacks at the super-dense gravity ball in the center. the alliance should have no problem doing the same thing to stop the creation of a new moon

and that all said, i could see the moon getting destroyed at some point. especially since it was created by a ninja in the first place and not a natural phenomenon. my problem would be if there was a boring and silly battle of moon creation/destruction that took place afterward
Old 2013-07-10, 17:22   Link #56
JustRob

Quote:
Nagato was using Madara's eyes when he created his big ball, and since the power of the eyes shouldn't be that drastically different between users (case and point, Kakashi and Obito possessing the same powers, though Obito's are somewhat more powerful and definitely more refined) I somewhat doubt Madara could so cavalierly create a new moon if the old were destroyed (not that I actually believe anyone is going to destroy the moon, what with such a destruction actually being worse than anything the Jyuubi has done thus far)). Maybe the Rikudou Senin could do that, but Madara can not (or at least we have no real reason to believe he can). Obito, though, now that he is a Jinchuuriki, might be able to equal the Rikudou-Sennin.
Well that's basically what I meant. Madara's plan was becoming the host of the Jyuubi, in order to obtain the power of the Sage. I'm assuming that's still his plan.

I think if the moon does get destroyed, Madara / Obito will just create a new one and show them that that strategy is pointless. Maybe the Alliance would be able to prevent it, maybe not. Madara should be more then enough to keep them occupied while Obito does his thing.
Old 2013-07-10, 17:45   Link #57
james0246

Quote:
Well that's basically what I meant. Madara's plan was becoming the host of the Jyuubi, in order to obtain the power of the Sage. I'm assuming that's still his plan.
Okay, I understand now. Yes, if Madara does become the Jinchuuriki of the Jyuubi then he should undoubtedly have the power needed to create a moon quite easily. I am unsure if Madara will rise to prominence again (what with Obito being so powerful now), and there is always Orochimaru to consider as well, not to mention whatever Sasuke wants to do. So, I doubt the situation is quite as cut and dry as Madara or even Obito wish it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
and that all said, i could see the moon getting destroyed at some point. especially since it was created by a ninja in the first place and not a natural phenomenon. my problem would be if there was a boring and silly battle of moon creation/destruction that took place afterward
Truthfully, creating a moon from the planet they live on would be more harmful than anything else. More likely, the Rinnegan can summon asteroids and meteors in space and then combine them to form a moon. Otherwise a good chunk of the planet would be destroyed.

Then again, an easier solution would be to just create lots of floating mini-moons and scatter them throughout the world. Performing the Infinite Tsukuyomi on them all at once would allow for a greater degree of coverage for the technique (considering the Tsukuyomi is supposed to be sight-based).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 18:16   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
More likely, the Rinnegan can summon asteroids and meteors in space and then combine them to form a moon. Otherwise a good chunk of the planet would be destroyed.
yea that would be better. it's also totally ridiculous that the rinnegan can summon meteors but whatever haha

Quote:
Then again, an easier solution would be to just create lots of floating mini-moons and scatter them throughout the world. Performing the Infinite Tsukuyomi on them all at once would allow for a greater degree of coverage for the technique (considering the Tsukuyomi is supposed to be sight-based).
that's an interesting idea. maybe the alliance will all blind themselves prior to the technique
Old 2013-07-10, 19:27   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

Reminds me of Majin Buu.
Old 2013-07-10, 20:05   Link #60
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

regarding kurama's remaining chakra:
while its likely naruto will get to utilize the nine tails' full chakra, i can foresee kishi pulling a "Vegeto" where the earring is meant for naruto but sasuke (for whatever reason, oh yeah! minato quickly leaving this plane and needs somebody to perform the seal on) gets it

regarding madras trump card:
the first thing, I mean the first thing that popped into my head was him using the kyubbi chakra for himself. back when he was first resurrected he attempted to summon kurama. the only thing that became of it was menstrual cramps for naruto but kurama panicked a bit. (sasuke also as demonstrated some level of control of the kyubi as well) I'm just saying its slightly possible.
just as well tho, this trump card is something we can't speculate because it hasn't been hinted at or seen in the story so far…unless its rin