AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-18, 08:26   Link #81
LG-MAX 2.o

Canceled? I doubt it.

But it can be suspended for a few weeks.

But who knows?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 10:00   Link #82
SeaDoor

Liked the second episode even more than the first, too. This seems to have possibilities. This episode looked even more Soul Eater-ish than the first.

Kind of impressed and a little disappointed that they waved the Excalibur joke around so much but never actually did anything with it.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 14:39   Link #83
Blueknight78

why it could affect the anime if kyoto animation is not the studio doing the animation?

this anime studio is david production, unless they where temporar hiring some staffs from kyoani.
Old 2019-07-18, 15:45   Link #84
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
why it could affect the anime if kyoto animation is not the studio doing the animation?

this anime studio is david production, unless they where temporar hiring some staffs from kyoani.
Given the show's premise of a special fire-fighting team that handles cases involving humans who spontaneously combust, some people still grieving the loss of numerous KyoAni staff due to mass murder via arson may feel uncomfortable with watching it for at least a couple weeks.
Old 2019-07-18, 16:08   Link #85
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Given the show's premise of a special fire-fighting team that handles cases involving humans who spontaneously combust, some people still grieving the loss of numerous KyoAni staff due to mass murder via arson may feel uncomfortable with watching it for at least a couple weeks.
well to be fair the anime premise is about "saving peoples from fire", which is a positive thing, but well looking from this point then indeed it could maybe affect but as i know from japan culture, this is hard something they could really do, normally they are taught to be strong in deal with that things from the youth.
Old 2019-07-18, 20:14   Link #86
Twi

As a rule Japan tries not to link stuff like that. When there was a series of murders with knives, they cut the School Days episode leading to the Nice Boat meme. When there was Tsunamis and Earthquakes, they cut the BW pokemon special event entirely about Rockets vs Plasma. The premise doesn't matter so much as you have a series where people randomly combust and burn with buildings included. More so when this is apparently one of the biggest mass murder events/arson incidents in recent history according to wikipedia.

They're going to hiatus this series for at least a week minimum.
Old 2019-07-18, 20:46   Link #87
Uribatake

For now, according to Syoboi, episode 3 is still scheduled for tomorrow, although it's set to air 15 minutes later than usual.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 20:51   Link #88
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
As a rule Japan tries not to link stuff like that. When there was a series of murders with knives, they cut the School Days episode leading to the Nice Boat meme. When there was Tsunamis and Earthquakes, they cut the BW pokemon special event entirely about Rockets vs Plasma. The premise doesn't matter so much as you have a series where people randomly combust and burn with buildings included. More so when this is apparently one of the biggest mass murder events/arson incidents in recent history according to wikipedia.

They're going to hiatus this series for at least a week minimum.
They prob can't afford to go on hiatus. Their salaries/future income depend on the series airing and getting people to buy stuff. The station that's airing the show faces loss of income too from those sponsors who bought commercial time. Plus, it's prob airing at 1 am or some awful time that no one is really awake for except otaku. So, there probably isn't anyone awake that's going to be offended by the episode airing.
Old 2019-07-19, 01:51   Link #89
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Financial troubles would mostly affect the production committee, not the studio.
Also, no, it isn't just about people watching it. It is about the message behind broadcasting the series. Everyone knows very well that anime series isn't tied to reality and even the circumstances are hardly similar to what happened IRL. However, the case is still livid in people's mind, and broadcasting an anime depicting incidents as close as these will not sit well with a lot of people. The mere fact it is broadcasted gives the impressions those people don't care and just want their money.

That's why it makes sense for them to go on hiatus at least for a week. They are at least showing some respects that way in the process.
Old 2019-07-19, 03:23   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ep 3 is indeed cancelled, or at least delayed a week. I would image it will return after that but under the circumstances, who knows? While obviously this series is about heroic figures saving people from fire, it would absolutely come off as insensitive not to at least delay a week.

Personally, I think this is the right decision, and I think it would be the right move to resume broadcasting after a week's delay. We'll see what happens.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 08:09   Link #91
Twi

For the time being, here's some changes to Episode 2 from source materials:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-07-19, 08:56   Link #92
Homura7

Was wondering why they would delay the episode. Then I remembered who was going to make his first appearance and it all makes sense.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 09:59   Link #93
LG-MAX 2.o

I do not understand the surprise of some people. It is common for entertainment showns to be suspended for some time after a disaster happens due to having content that somehow reminds of it. There are several examples in the USA, such as Super Girl or the first Spider-Man directed by Sam Raimi, or even a more extreme case where a shown did not debut due to content making fun of weapons in schools.

I'm surprised it's with Promare continuing normally with its showing in theaters.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 11:23   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, it isn't exactly surprising. Although more about a show of saving lives, it would be a tough move to still just air an episode in this kind of show that soon after such a tragedy. We'll see if they just push it back a week or if something else happens. At least give some room for things to breath after something so terrible happened.
Old 2019-07-19, 13:06   Link #95
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Many shows were delayed or even cancelled after the 2011 earthquake.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ed-after-quake
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 17:22   Link #96
Sakuratsuki

Well very understandable why they canceled it. I had a hunch that was the case when I didn't see it airing today.
Old 2019-07-19, 17:56   Link #97
Blueknight78

to be honest for me cancel the show for this, is not being "good" with peoples from a "anime team", if i was one of the survivors i would never ask or like to see a "good anime" episode being canceled because of it, it the show was about peoples being monsters and killing with fire i could understood but a serie about firefighters fighting and trying to save peoples "from fire", it for me feel more like a insult than "something good" (again is my personnal opnion).

one thing is a show trying to glorifying something bad another is a show about "saving peoples", cancel it sound a lot more "selifish " than "understandable for me".
Old 2019-07-19, 18:39   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not canceled, most likely just delayed a week. Not a big deal.
Old 2019-07-19, 18:58   Link #99
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's not canceled, most likely just delayed a week. Not a big deal.
yeah i know, i just means this week episode being delayed just for this reason really don't make sense for me.
Old 2019-07-19, 22:43   Link #100
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah i know, i just means this week episode being delayed just for this reason really don't make sense for me.
Even airing a documentary highlighting the great work firefighters do, depicting footage of them putting out fires and rescuing victims immediately after such a tragedy would be in poor taste, nevermind a fictional cartoon about people with fire powers. Those affected by the tragedy, directly or otherwise are very unlikely to be in the mood to see buildings on fire (or anything burning and the resulting sights), period. There is nothing remotely selfish or insulting about that, except perhaps on the part of people who think it is.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, fantasy, firefighting, shonen