AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-11, 15:13   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Did Naoto somehow contrive to have the news announce his death, and go on to push the MC on the tracks, or was the past really changed?

Also, what's the plan now? Push him on the tracks again?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 16:36   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... Did Naoto somehow contrive to have the news announce his death, and go on to push the MC on the tracks, or was the past really changed?

I think there's definitely the mystery of who pushed him into the train tracks, since that seemed to set off the time travel, but Naoto was also there to save him...which I guess is an effect of the time travel?

But I guess there's still the question of how Hinata died.
Old 2021-04-11, 16:54   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I wonder if the Manji gang killed Hinata in order to strike at blow at Naoto, who was a thorn in their side as a cop. That would be an ironic twist.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 17:57   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

I'm pretty sure the past was changed (the train was definitely going to hit him, there was no time to save him), and the MC will keep going back and forth seeing how his actions in the past affect the present.
Old 2021-04-11, 19:07   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I wonder if the Manji gang killed Hinata in order to strike at blow at Naoto, who was a thorn in their side as a cop. That would be an ironic twist.
That could be the case in the new timeline, since it seems like Naoto only joined the police force because of what Takemichi told him.
Old 2021-04-11, 19:12   Link #26
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

While we didn't see who pushed him, was it not possibly the guy whose car was keyed? If not I'm wondering if the person who pushed him is maybe the last boss.
Old 2021-04-11, 19:16   Link #27
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
While we didn't see who pushed him, was it not possibly the guy whose car was keyed? If not I'm wondering if the person who pushed him is maybe the last boss.
He really took his car getting scratched seriously then .

Although I'm just assuming whoever pushed him somehow knew about the time travel ability. I'm curious how it gets set off when he's not getting pushed in front of trains .
Old 2021-04-11, 22:05   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
He specifically mentions apologizing to that guy, so that seems unlikely.
Old 2021-04-17, 14:30   Link #29
Frontier

So the main thrust of the time travel is that Takemichi can go back from the same day he is in the present to the same day in 2015 after shaking Naoto's hands in the present and (presumably) the past. Why the handshake with Naoto? Is that because it's the first time he changed the past, making Naoto a fixture for Takemichi? What about what set off the time travel, him being pushed into an incoming train ?

Adult Hina is absolutely beautiful. I hope adult Takemichi gets to meet her eventually .

Takemichi has to prevent two of the biggest leaders from the Tokyo Manji Gang from meeting each other months from then, but aren't they the same two figures smiling at him in the Opening? Is Takemichi going to end up befriending them and redeeming the gang to where they don't end up killing Hina ?

Jeez, Takemichi is getting the crud kicked out him a lot on this show. I mean, he's pretty out-of-his-depth as a middle schooler who acts tougher than he is, and is being exploited by older kids. Although third year in middle school, they look more like third years in high school .

Takemichi once again finds his resolve in seeing Hina again, and the two had a pretty adorable scene together outside her apartment where they both mutually promise to protect each other. They're just two kids who genuinely care and love one another, and it's really sweet watching them interact. Takemichi also finally called her "Hina," which is presumably the first time he called her that before he started changing the timeline, which is awesome .

Takemichi realizes his middle school buddies who he left behind were actually pretty awesome. He left them and Hina behind because of his trauma after he graduated, but hopefully he's setting himself up to live a life that won't leave them behind once he's finished .

Well, Takemichi determines to change the future by saving Takuya from his beatdown and challenging Kiyomasa to a fight. Does Takemichi have a chance? Or will his resolve impress Kiyomasa enough to let him meet Sano ?

The Ending is pretty nice, focusing on Hina and her own melancholy over not being with Takemichi anymore as the time travel plot revolves around her life, and finishing with Takemichi resolved and ready to move forward and save her .
Old 2021-04-17, 18:41   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not only did Naoto completely believe some guy he's never met when he claimed he was from the future, he even managed to correctly deduce the mechanics of time travel from pretty much nothing. Already had a hard time buying the MC's selective amnesia in the first episode, but this is just too much.

I'll put this show on hold and check back from time to time to see if it's actually worth it. If it were just one cour, I'd see it through, but I'm not ready to spent six months on this.
Old 2021-04-17, 20:47   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not only did Naoto completely believe some guy he's never met when he claimed he was from the future, he even managed to correctly deduce the mechanics of time travel from pretty much nothing. Already had a hard time buying the MC's selective amnesia in the first episode, but this is just too much.
On the one hand, for the former, he was an impressionable young kid at the time, and on the latter, he was an experienced police officer who has probably thoroughly looked into and thought about all this .
Old 2021-04-18, 00:30   Link #32
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
The reasons why the younger Naoto believed in Takemichi after the first handshake will be explained in a later episode. That's all I can say for now without spoiling anything more.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 11:48   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
The reasons why the younger Naoto believed in Takemichi after the first handshake will be explained in a later episode. That's all I can say for now without spoiling anything more.
That's good. I hope they'll also explain what happens to the past Takemichi during the days Takemichi spends in the present. Does he remember the action of his future self? Because if he forgets and goes back to being a coward every time, that'd be awkward.

By the way, do you think there is a good stopping point for the anime?
Old 2021-04-18, 12:09   Link #34
Frontier

Quote:
That's good. I hope they'll also explain what happens to the past Takemichi during the days Takemichi spends in the present. Does he remember the action of his future self? Because if he forgets and goes back to being a coward every time, that'd be awkward.
That's actually an interesting question. Would past Takemichi act how he would have before all the timelines changed or will he have to act more like modern Takemichi to facilitate all the changes ?

Although I'm assuming Takemichi will probably in the past for a while so it might not be something they need to address soon.
Old 2021-04-18, 14:22   Link #35
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
By the way, do you think there is a good stopping point for the anime?
Mmmm... yes, if you like cliffhangers There are a few stopping points.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-19, 14:49   Link #36
grecefar

I'm loving those small moments between takemichi and hina.

Well he is really making an effort now when he wanted to run away but he needs to protect that smile and now his bros.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-19, 15:29   Link #37
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
As someone who recently played the Nonary games I'm very interested if the story addresses this.
Old 2021-04-24, 14:28   Link #38
Frontier

Takemichi vs. Kiyomasa goes about how you'd expect, with Takemichi getting the stuffing punched out of him, but his conviction to protect Hina prevents him from giving up, and that's enough to change the future .

We finally meet Sano, or Mikey, the head of the Tokyo Manji Gang, and despite his pleasant and soft appearance or his short stature, he's pretty intimidating and tough when he needs to be, feeling Kiyomasa with one kick. Not to mention how lifeless his eyes look. Takemichi might've lucked out in reminding Sano of his brother and endearing himself to such a formidable figure .

Okay, yeah, going back to school might kind of suck, but not as much when you've got a cute girlfriend to go back to school with .

Ah yeah, the classic "time traveler talks about how he's making up for his mistakes in the past and acting like he's older but nobody gets it" .

Wow, I did not expect this new friendship with Mikey was going to lead to him going to Takemichi's school, beating up his third years, and then dragging him out for some quality male bonding on bicycles and riverbanks .

I love how Hina is so protective of Takemichi that she just throws herself in there and slaps Sano to get Takemichi away from him. She was scared, but she did it to protect him. She's an amazing girlfriend and worth all the effort Takemichi is putting in .

I honestly thought for a second Mikey was going to wreck Takemitchy and Hina, but it turns out the two standing up to him and Draken made him respect both even more. It's not a bad thing to stand by your convictions and to protect what's most important to you .

Where did the Tokyo Manji Gang go wrong? Sure they were delinquents, but it seemed like Mikey had integrity and wasn't into creating some kind of criminal organization that hurt innocent people, so was it Kisaki that messed it all up? Even as a kid he looks pretty sadistic .
Old 2021-04-24, 20:46   Link #39
Wandering Soul

So at the moment Mikey is a kid that at least has morals. Kiseki seems to be the main reason the Manji gang went so wrong. Looking at at Mikey idolizes his deceased older brother, I'm guessing he met Kiseki at a moment where he was low in life and Kiseki essentially took a older brother role to him. That changed Mikey for the worse.
Old 2021-04-24, 20:54   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Romanticizing gangsters is a chronic problem in manga and I sincerely hope that's not the way we're headed here, because generally speaking I find this series to be pretty compelling.

Tags
shonen, time travel