Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-22, 17:11   Link #381
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
On another note I wonder if the Sciff are actually going to ally themselves with Saya's side

Spoiler:
I'm inclined to think they will...

Spoiler:

I thought the battle in this ep was very well animated. Especially that backward move Saya did when she landed after jumped out the window, that was cool.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 12:40   Link #382
mycen

Spoiler:
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 14:42   Link #383
rondo

Spoiler:
rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 14:50   Link #384
Mangaka-chan

To rondo, I wouldn't pass judgement on the Sciffs quite so quickly until they've been given more time to expand their character. I certainly don't think their story is a "rush job" especially since they show up in two of the three OPs. The fact that they're still in the show means there is significane to their existence. It maybe that the show does not have time to expand the character of all of the Sciffs and a select few (eg. Guy, Moses, Irene) are developed. Perosnally I think they exist in the story to help relate the fact that not all chiropetras are evil or bad.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 05:15   Link #385
Cal-Reflector

Just watched episode 27 and 28, and was quite pleased with the combined quality of these two eps.

Spoiler for thoughts and comments:
Old 2006-04-24, 09:05   Link #386
Mangaka-chan

I suppose Cal-reflector has a point with Riku. It would be cute if he had a violin instead but I don't think Riku knows how to play one, does he?
Old 2006-04-24, 16:32   Link #387
ryublade

Regarding Hagi, isn't he weaker because he's not feeding on blood like the other chevaliers are. Saya is always getting transfusions but it doesn't seem like Hagi is getting anything (and he doesn't even seem to eat normal food either). As for staying with Saya, the flashbacks seem to imply/hint that he may have a death wish but he also wants to fullfill Saya's wish to finish off Diva first. After centuries of taking care of Saya, maybe he also wishes to rest. After all, he must have been pretty lonely when Saya goes to sleep for 30 years at a time.

As for Kai, doesn't he seem to be treating Saya rather callously. The worst is he treats her like a bloodbank without even realizing it (Does he even consider her family?). Without realizing her pain, he keeps demanding she give blood to treat others. Riku was understandable but Kai did hurt Saya's feelings in the way he requested her help. Regarding the Shiff, even though they had their circumstances, in Saya's position, I would hardly be in the mood to offer my blood when they were the aggressors in the first place by hunting down Saya and pinning poor Hagi to that tree and killing off so many of the Red Shield soldiers. It's not like the Shiff were these innocent victims who came asking for help nicely or anything.
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:51   Link #388
rondo

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-24, 18:53   Link #389
Mangaka-chan

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-24, 20:32   Link #390
Cal-Reflector

After hearing what people have to say about the Schiff (I was of the more lenient opinion towards them), I've come around and decided that it is understandable why Saya is having a hard time being persuaded by Kai, and appearing unforgiving as a result:

Afterall, she did see Hagi get stabbed, run through, pinned to a tree, pinned some more, and then get his blood sucked, and this by the one of the nicer, less aggressive members of the Shiffu...

Yeah, I can understand if she holds a grudge. Kai would too if he were there to see it, not that he's wrong either, but he happened to hang out with the cutest, most docile member of the Shiffu, its all a matter of perspective; Saya sees Shiffu turn Hagi into sheskebab, Kai gets to rescue and chat up the cute chick.

*Laughs*
Old 2006-04-25, 20:13   Link #391
rondo

Yeah, but how does Kai pardon what they did to Riku in episode 26 immediately in the next episode, 27? That's not something he should have taken lightly just because he sees a cute "tourist".

I thought that Kai would be more protective of Saya and Riku rather than siding so quickly with the Schiff's perspective. To survive(from what the Schiff believe), the Schiff have to bleed Saya to death (they really shouldn't have to) and feed on her. And even with their "curse" gone they would still need to continue to feed off humans (what's the Red Shield mission then?).
Saya would have to betray her mission to allow the Schiff to live.
For David to allow Saya to make that decision he would have to betray the memory of his lost members (not just the ones the Schiff killed).
Hagi should give the Schiff the same answer he gave to Solomon.
Old 2006-04-25, 21:42   Link #392
Cal-Reflector

Blood+ OST Thoughts:

It was very interesting to read Mark Mancina's comments on the production, particular the part how in the beginning he really had no idea what Japanese animation was like even after a co-worker tried to explain it to him. One thing that confused me was his comment on a piece of music called "Aria" which he described as one of his favorites out of what he's written, yet I found no such track on the OST. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this little mystery.

The first track I listened to was Diva, the last track on the OST, a fine piece of work that was the haunting female vocal that occurred many times throughout the show. Along with Saya's Destiny, Saya's Courage (the track titles aren't too creative, I'd say, *chuckle*), and... yup, you guessed it, Saya's Love (pure coincidence, the name thing), those make up my favorite tracks, with Diva out on top.

Speaking of Diva: What an appealing villaness, I rather like the personality type she introduces into the show. Hope the series will find some time do a back-story episode for her.
Old 2006-04-25, 22:25   Link #393
TEKO425

Blood+ OST is such an awesome soundtrack for an anime series. All the tracks sound so grand and epic like it was for a theatrical feature. And yes, I too also listened to "Diva" first because I expected to hear Diva's haunting operatic singing which I enjoy. My most favourite track has got to be "Saya's Victory" because it's the first piece of music I fell in love with while watching the show. This track sounds very heroic and even though it gets played every episode during the next episode preview, I never get sick of listening to it. I'm happy it's the first track and that it's fleshed out much more.

Oops...I forgot to add a little tidbit about the OST cover...for those of you who think it is Diva on top of the Zoo tower...think again...if you are able to zoom in on the cover...you actually see 2 figures standing together...and I believe they are Saya and Haji!
TEKO425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:04   Link #394
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKO425
Blood+ OST is such an awesome soundtrack for an anime series. All the tracks sound so grand and epic like it was for a theatrical feature. And yes, I too also listened to "Diva" first because I expected to hear Diva's haunting operatic singing which I enjoy. My most favourite track has got to be "Saya's Victory" because it's the first piece of music I fell in love with while watching the show. This track sounds very heroic and even though it gets played every episode during the next episode preview, I never get sick of listening to it. I'm happy it's the first track and that it's fleshed out much more.
I pretty much agree with everything you said, especially the "grand and epic" parts. They're similar sentiments to how I felt when I first heard the pieces when they were played in the episodes. My two favorite tracks are Saya's Victory and Saya's Destiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
One thing that confused me was his comment on a piece of music called "Aria" which he described as one of his favorites out of what he's written, yet I found no such track on the OST. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this little mystery.
Based on the wikipedia entry, an aria "in music was originally any expressive melody, usually, but not always, performed by a singer. It is now used almost exclusively to describe a self contained piece for one voice usually with orchestral accompaniment." Based on that, I assume he was talking about the final piece on the soundtrack, Diva.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:08   Link #395
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Yeah, I agree with you. Blood+ OST is awesome, and my favourite track is Diva, and Saya's Victory.

Aria is a type of music performed by a singer with orchestral accompaniment. So I guess Mark Mancina was referring to the song "Diva".

EDIT: Oops, someone beat me to it.

Anyway, does anyone know who sings the track Diva?

Last edited by DoReMiFaSo; 2006-04-25 at 23:43.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 00:13   Link #396
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Based on the wikipedia entry, an aria "in music was originally any expressive melody, usually, but not always, performed by a singer. It is now used almost exclusively to describe a self contained piece for one voice usually with orchestral accompaniment." Based on that, I assume he was talking about the final piece on the soundtrack, Diva.
Thanks to you and MusicScale down below for the prompt answer. I had the feeling that he was talking about Diva, but only because the name most closely resembles Aria, which is why I listened to it first... ah well, educated guess.

Just for this song, Diva becomes one of my more favorite characters in the show. Too bad there ain't a Hagi's theme until, I hope, his own Cello album comes out.
Old 2006-04-26, 09:36   Link #397
Mangaka-chan

Haji does have his own CD but the songs aren't original since they're all by Bach
Old 2006-04-26, 22:14   Link #398
TEKO425

Spoiler for Episodes 31 and 32:
TEKO425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 01:16   Link #399
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKO425
Spoiler for Episodes 31 and 32:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-27, 05:54   Link #400
Aniki Meiski

I am going to make some predictions to future plot of the show.

Crazy Predictions
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aniki Meiski; 2006-04-29 at 13:58.
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural