AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 13 14.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 27.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 18.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 4.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-27, 23:52   Link #21
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
This weak episode was nice. I found it funny how his super charged sword attack with his I will protect everyone speech failed and he only took off one arm then he got hit.

Reading the light novel summery actually Ichika took into account if he misses , he has sniper support form Cecilla to finish of the unmaned IS.

guess the anime did not cover this scenes from LN
Old 2011-01-27, 23:55   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow, a terrible episode. pacing was off, events were mashed together with little cohesion, plot holes everywhere. unregistered core? that logically leads to Houki's sister being involved. but wait, the story isn't serious enough to actually expand on that.

and next ep: new guy? seriously? the whole premise of the story is what's his face is the only guy who is at the academy. blah blah blah, new guy is the catalyst for relationship development. woo. unless the guy is really just a girl. Because Charles is a girl's name in france. but wait, that'd be too predictable a story line... show needs to get back on track: mecha fights and relationship development. story is not really its strong point.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-01-27, 23:59   Link #23
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^Yeah wanted to avoid those spoiler tags, but are you guys referring to the moment where she steps out onto the battlefield without being suited up in her IS and goes ahead to scream "LULZ MAN UP"
Old 2011-01-28, 00:01   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The fight itself had good animation, but the general story involving the fight was bad... Just... An on-parade of tsukkomi-needed moments throughout the episode.
Well, never had hopes, anyways. No problem, no problem

Protagonist was pretty gross. Nothing new here.

Rin finally, officially enters the harem. I guess that thanks to her being "dere" in the first place, we won't get another super 180-attitude attack like with Cecilia or whoever that girl is.

Anyways, next time is... Yeah, you know it, more harem members. Probably one of those trap things. Male disguise but actually female.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-01-28, 00:12   Link #25
velvet nightmare

so apparently turning your back and taking a max powered shot from the weapon that you were previously trying to dodge, powers your IS up.

so yeah, i assumed the computer hacking team busted down the shield

and cecilia makes it onto the field faster than teachers geared in IS to literally 1 shot the drone that easily evaded all of ling's attacks? apparently when a drone loses their right arm, they suddenly become really really bad
Old 2011-01-28, 00:17   Link #26
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
so apparently turning your back and taking a max powered shot from the weapon that you were previously trying to dodge, powers your IS up.

so yeah, i assumed the computer hacking team busted down the shield

and cecilia makes it onto the field faster than teachers geared in IS to literally 1 shot the drone that easily evaded all of ling's attacks? apparently when a drone loses their right arm, they suddenly become really really bad
The novels explained it a bit better as was mentioned earlier, Ichika's plan was to hit the IS but also hit the shield keeping everyone out so Cecilia who was right at the spot he was planning to hit could then finish off the IS if he didn't. As mentioned before the episode seriously could have put some kind of thing showing that his slash also hit the shield instead it just screams huge plot hole.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-01-28 at 01:28.
Old 2011-01-28, 01:26   Link #27
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This was the worst episode so far.

If not for the LN spoilers above, this episode had so many parts that did not make sense.
Old 2011-01-28, 01:42   Link #28
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Perhaps it's because it's only 12 episodes they are pressed for time and are trying to condense everything and as a result are just snipping things here and there?
Old 2011-01-28, 03:18   Link #29
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This ... was pretty bad. I won't comment on the rest, but let's just say that the credibility of it all crumbled when Ichika's IS got super saiyan power up from being blasted by an attack that previously sent him to the ground in a tumbling mess and shield almost completely drained. Amazing how reality bends in the face of conviction, determination and fighting for the "right" cause heh. And Cecilia magically appearing on the field faster than all the teachers who were supposed to be waiting for a chance to rush out there and restrain the enemy, suited up and ready to go, wasn't the epitome of convincing either. Flashy action from the main characters is well and good, but really ...
Old 2011-01-28, 03:36   Link #30
eiyuu99

Episode 4 has several potential Blooper moments.
Spoiler:

The episode seems too rushed. It tells you Ichika should just absorb the attacks for a power up instead of dodging... lol
Old 2011-01-28, 03:44   Link #31
ReddyRedWolf

Frankly Houki did a very dumb move there. Calling on Ichika's manhood endangering herself without a suit. What was he doing all that time being a coward? Since that thing's target is him the more it is preoccupied the less casualties are. Ichika isn't thinking something as dumb as being the strongest just strong enough to protect everybody.

This is in contrast to Chifuyu despite being the most nervous wreck about Ichika's safety still has faith in him and knows it is dangerous rushing out as is.
Old 2011-01-28, 05:24   Link #32
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

nice action, and i wont say that it doesnt make sense yet because their are lots of episodes left for them to explain things
Old 2011-01-28, 05:30   Link #33
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, I enjoyed the awesome mecha action and most of Rin'in lines, but really... I would've preferred for them to stick with the LNs faithfully. so many plot holes... unregistered core?

and, what's up with that guy from France?
I thought, 1 ginga bishounen was more than enough... <- joke
Old 2011-01-28, 05:48   Link #34
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Man you people complain about everything. Ichika's a rookie comparing him with reps from other countries seem unfair.

Spoiler for next episode:
Old 2011-01-28, 05:51   Link #35
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Good episode. And now the mystery deepens with the revelation someone else can make an IS core and make unmanned IS drones too.

Next episode. Boy meets Boy. aka Yaoi time!
Old 2011-01-28, 06:18   Link #36
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
^ You wish it will be Yaoi time.

I exploit spoilers for a good reason :3

About this episode, I guess the battle was pretty likable this episode, but eh whatever. Cecilia must be very, very happy to be able to provide some fire support

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-01-28, 06:54   Link #37
CWW
Lurker

Anyone taking this show seriously is a silly goose. The whole premise didn't make sense in the first episode. Only women can pilot these suits? It's not used for military purposes but for sport? Childhood friend of someone who is related to the only person who can make these suits?

In the second episode Cecilia fires beams without any regard to her surroundings, in an arena populated by an onlooking crowd. One of the suits even made a crater on impact. They may have shields or whatever to protect them, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't look pretty if suits crash on a crowd of people.

So, yeah, silly show is silly, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless by being a silly harem infused with silly mecha.
Old 2011-01-28, 07:37   Link #38
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

enjoyable episode, even though cliche still a good IHO, will continue watching (hope some one translate the light novel i feel the animated version has some missing elements)
Old 2011-01-28, 08:01   Link #39
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

what is that unmanned IS appears in that battle?...
maybe it is programmed by unknown organization, but the one oddly thing is, it didn't attack Rin and Ichika while they're chatting..

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-01-28, 08:09   Link #40
ZeKeR
Superbad

anime community.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH....

its starting to be exceedingly rare for the MC to have guts in media that has a harem element (i dunno if its really confirmed, but this media has the harem element mixed with it, not as an add-on).

also, way to go for chifuyu to put on a cool face while making that noticeable goof...

CoD fanboy lulz ON!
that IS was equipped with:
last stand - it took a sniper shot and STILL managed to point and aim(failed due to the GARness of ichika charging headlong and taking it out)
juggernaut - why. wont. that. F*ng. thing. DIE.