AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-16, 00:27   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 673 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Unsure. Maybe something to do with Sasuke (after a brief few pages with Naruto)?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 00:49   Link #2
Lunarskylar

i'm not sure what to feel about this chapter, but naruto using a different element is beautiful... even if it's still a rasengan

but it look's like kaguya became the tree?
Old 2014-04-16, 00:50   Link #3
DKN117

...Why does Sasuke only have one Rinnegan eye? And why does it have tomoe/comma marks, like the 10-Tails' eye but unlike the Rinnegan possessed by Obito, Madara, and the Sage?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 00:54   Link #4
dark44

cause it is fake one maybe not powerful like the real one Sasuke not have uzmaki chakra
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 01:07   Link #5
Cookie-Monster

That lava rasengan shuriken was badass.

Madara explained what was going on pretty nicely. Except he doesn't realize naruto also has all the bijuu secret powers, and that obviously that Sasuke rinnegan is going to be *better* than the cookie cutter rinnegan we've seen so far.

Stupid sasuke ignoring Naruto again. Naruto should just give him a thousand years of pain enema right when Sasuke is about to have his moment of glory.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 01:11   Link #6
Owlman

Finally Naruto with weapons lol, and looking pretty badass. It must have been Kaguya's voice speaking to Madara, and she might have some ulterior motives in being "absorbed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
Stupid sasuke ignoring Naruto again.
What did Naruto say to Sasuke that he ignored? Pretty sure they both only said words to Madara...
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 01:12   Link #7
Tchadnis

dang this is about to get serious , but Sasuke rinnegan look different
Old 2014-04-16, 01:19   Link #8
Wandering Soul

The lava rasenshurkien looked awesome and it was pretty predicable that Sasuke would get the rinnegan although his does look different for some reason. Also in the page where Naruto and Sasuke are standing side by side does Naruto's head look photo shopped to anyone else? I know that the page was real but just the way it was drawn looks weird.
Old 2014-04-16, 01:30   Link #9
Artful Dodger

So, the black spheres are supposed to be the Sage of 6 path's high-level body-chakra/senjutsu technique, very interesting. I guess this is why only senjutsu would work against Obito before when he used it. Naruto and Sasuke's collaboration vs Obito was pretty fun to read before --I can't wait to see what creative attacks they'll be performing here.

I like the idea of rasengan-shiruken mixed with different elements. He may be able to use the rasengan-shiruken appropriately for literally any elemental situation now by calling on the appropriate bijuu's power (perhaps we'll see something like a water rasengan-shiruken used against some strong katon madara might use).

Perhaps Sasuke needs to endure more stress/strain to fully awaken both eyes --and it seems like its not exactly the rinnegan, but something that may be closer to the sages power? That or perhaps like Naruto, he's using two powers at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
What did Naruto say to Sasuke that he ignored? Pretty sure they both only said words to Madara...
Sounds like he meant "ignored" as in, not "acknowledged" as in, no ass-kissing or display of jealousy.

Last edited by Artful Dodger; 2014-04-16 at 01:58.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 01:52   Link #10
ranchan13

I admit it, I was actually happy to see Sasuke awaken the Rinnegan without resorting to Senju hax like Madara and Obito.

I'm fairly sure that Naruto having damaged the tree is going to have some effect on Madara in the long run.

Naruto accessing lava in his Rasengan, bad-ass. I'm willing to bet he can access all elemental nature chakra now. I'm gonna call it right now that the attack that kills Madara (finally) is a 5-elements Rasenshuriken that Naruto forms, and Sasuke delivers.

And I say, Gaara had the best line of the war. "Naruto, when you become Hokage, let's be allies." As much as that says about Gaara's friendly feelings towards Naruto, and his respect, I think it's also a bit of fear at having Naruto as an enemy again.

And, am I the only one who think Naruto's new chakra cloak makes him look like the Sage of the Six Paths?

Finally, this chapter, more than the other, showed how Naruto (like Ashura before him) gained his power through making friends. Not only Kurama, but now Son is lending him power. Ok, I'm finally starting to enjoy the manga again. Let's hope this last fight with Madara lives up to this beginning.

Edit:
Actually, looking back at Chapter 671, Sasuke's Rinnegan looks more like Kaguya's Sharingan.
Also, I wonder what Obito could possibly have to say to Sakura
Lastly, did Naruto just make an Elemental Rasenshuriken with only one hand? Guess he doesn't need clones for anything anymore
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform

Last edited by ranchan13; 2014-04-16 at 02:06.
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 02:14   Link #11
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Also, I wonder what Obito could possibly have to say to Sakura
But of course the most important question!

It will be related to the romance!
Old 2014-04-16, 02:40   Link #12
AkitoW013

Good chap, The Gūdodama is also a senjutsu and Sasuke's rinnegan is rather nice.
Maybe the voice that spoke with Madara is Kaguya and she's the secret boss!
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 02:43   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
But of course the most important question!

It will be related to the romance!

I agree with this!!!!
he would suggest her to choose an "Uchiha" so someone like him won't be appear in the future anymore

Sasuke with Rinnegan, eh?
I think after this war, Naruto and Sasuke would lost all of that power
Gaara's statement makes me laugh... it's like he's feeling hopeless if one day he have to face Naruto again

finish this manga quickly! I still disappoint with Kishimoto's choice to save Gai
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 02:46   Link #14
II Maestro

Naruto wielding those black orbs and a sticks as weapon and in his mouth is Minato's Kunai .... Cool~!

Wonder what one-eyed rinnegan Sasuke can do.
Old 2014-04-16, 02:47   Link #15
Lunarskylar

i don't like the introduction of kaguya though... it's as if madara is going to be redeemed, and kaguya is going to be outed as the true big bad, and madara just a helpless victim
Old 2014-04-16, 02:52   Link #16
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i don't like the introduction of kaguya though... it's as if madara is going to be redeemed, and kaguya is going to be outed as the true big bad, and madara just a helpless victim
It's because she is a women!

Kishi's logic!

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2014-04-16 at 04:28.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 03:00   Link #17
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Kaguya is stronger than Six Path, don't see anyone can possibly topped her in term of power.
Old 2014-04-16, 03:48   Link #18
Cista

Did Naruto just use the flying thunder god?
Cista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 04:33   Link #19
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cista View Post
Did Naruto just use the flying thunder god?
No he picked it up so that the 2nd hokage could send Sasuke to his location.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 04:43   Link #20
Cista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
No he picked it up so that the 2nd hokage could send Sasuke to his location.
Why would Sakura stay in Obito's dimension if Obito sent Naruto back? Also the way it is drawn, at least for me looks like he appeared next to the kunai. Or maybe I just want Naruto to have that technique so badly, that I'm seeing things.
Cista is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion