AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 41 30.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 28.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 8.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-24, 18:45   Link #81
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Shin and Noe!
NO!
jun and hiromi!!
every time Noe appears on screen it's pure win....lulz
Old 2008-02-24, 18:54   Link #82
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
NO!
jun and hiromi!!
every time Noe appears on screen it's pure win....lulz
Well that is your opinion, but this episode is the lowest rated one so far, I gave the episode a 9/10 only because the last couple of minutes of the episode was so good. But if you remove the ending, i would have given it a 8/10 which seems to be the major consensus.
Old 2008-02-24, 19:01   Link #83
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

bah, why make Aiko cry like that. it upsets me. 8/10 because it was a slow ep. next week seems to be much more interesting.
Old 2008-02-24, 19:19   Link #84
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
someone needs to write a fanfiction with an Aiko ending.
Old 2008-02-24, 19:25   Link #85
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
someone needs to write a fanfiction with an Aiko ending.
I don't believe in fan fiction or official alternate endings. It defeats the purpose of the original!
Old 2008-02-24, 19:34   Link #86
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

true tears plummeted on the anticipation meter after this episode largely because Aiko has been dumped out of the title picture.

This episode felt somewhat sluggish and I was resisting the urge to roll my eyes and roll the tape forward during all of the Shinichiro x Noe scenes. I'm another viewer who's watching mainly for Aiko. I was a Hiromi fan at first but she seems to be stuck in some vicious cycle and the current pair-ups seems to be pointing to two resolutions that I don't really find very appealing.

I'll keep watching to see if the writing staff can impress me but I'm not optimistic anymore about this show.
Old 2008-02-24, 19:39   Link #87
RevRayCool

I can't stand Hiromi. She's becoming more and more of a "tragic princess" to me, one of the types of heroines whose appeal is solely based on feeling sorry for them. Sure, she's faced with a step mom who dislikes her and the possibility that the only person that she loves is her half brother. But I don't think she's entirely helpless in her situation. She could confide to Shin in school, for example, or her friend Tomoyo, or even the man who could be her biological father and caused this huge misunderstanding in the first place.

Instead, she bottles everything up, tells lies (about liking Jun or wanting to be friends with Noe), is vague with her feelings and gets angry when people can't read her mind (like blaming Shin for being a "busybody" yet not clarifying anything about her "true" feelings for Jun or Shin), and now, she's becoming slightly malicious (like the comment about Noe's smiling face). Throughout the show, she's done nothing but keep a distance away from Shin and when it's actually starting to take effect, she becomes even more moody and angsty.

So if True Tears decides on taking the Hiromi route, I can't help but feel they'd be rewarding a character who hasn't done anything to "earn" it, so to speak. To have Shin chase after her during her path of self-destruction, the very same path she helped pave on her own, while making victims of my dear little waifu Noe, would make me very angry indeed!
Old 2008-02-24, 20:01   Link #88
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Well that is your opinion, but this episode is the lowest rated one so far, I gave the episode a 9/10 only because the last couple of minutes of the episode was so good. But if you remove the ending, i would have given it a 8/10 which seems to be the major consensus.
Not only mines, but many other's...your fandom colors are showing!!!
I never rate episodes...so the rating overall has little meaning to me
Old 2008-02-24, 20:07   Link #89
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Not only mines, but many other's...your fandom colors are showing!!!
I never rate episodes...so the rating overall has little meaning to me
Well, alot of his points about the middle depend on what people expect from a show. A lot of people don't expect the same thing reiterated over and over for ten minutes. Most of what was said was expected and really didn't need to be physically shown.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:24   Link #90
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

true tears has passed Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei to become the most posted-about new show on 2channel. A month ago, Zetsubou Sensei was 50,000 posts ahead. A thread has now sprung up called "true tears - godly anime."

I have made a blog post with more details and a full list of post-numbers on 2channel for this season's shows and shows continuing from last season.

And wavedash, I take your point, but I was really not saying who I thought would "win," just that I loved their interactions. Yes, the love was stronger on Noe's part than on Shin's. And his love for Hiromi is more passionate and of longer duration. But he was certainly very happy, and I'd say does love Noe. Those scenes at the cage and at the seashore were a vision of paradise, to me.

I don't see him loving Noe for "what she gives him" so much as just loving being with her and finding her extremely attractive, especially as a person and a soul. As do I. Not that I have anything against Hiromi. I disagree with all the Hiromi-hate around. She is a rich and human character, a lot more than just someone to pity.

However, I am very, very sad when I say that I do think Hiromi is more likely than Noe to be Shin's final choice. But anything can still happen, depending on how the authors decide to relate their conclusion to the start of the show.

As far as the middle part of the episode being uninteresting is concerned, I don't see that at all. We had to experience love between Shin and Noe. Hiromi had to have that support from Shin's (and her?) dad and that blow from Shin's mother to prepare us for her decisions late in the episode. And the interaction between Hiromi and Jun on the court was both wonderful in itself and extremely important to setting them up to be together, at least temporarily. And it gave us new insights into both of their characters.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:35   Link #91
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
true tears plummeted on the anticipation meter after this episode largely because Aiko has been dumped out of the title picture.
That is the way I feel now, If shin end with Noe or Hiromi, it doesn't matter too much to me.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:53   Link #92
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
I can't stand Hiromi. She's becoming more and more of a "tragic princess" to me, one of the types of heroines whose appeal is solely based on feeling sorry for them. Sure, she's faced with a step mom who dislikes her and the possibility that the only person that she loves is her half brother. But I don't think she's entirely helpless in her situation. She could confide to Shin in school, for example, or her friend Tomoyo, or even the man who could be her biological father and caused this huge misunderstanding in the first place.

Instead, she bottles everything up, tells lies (about liking Jun or wanting to be friends with Noe), is vague with her feelings and gets angry when people can't read her mind (like blaming Shin for being a "busybody" yet not clarifying anything about her "true" feelings for Jun or Shin), and now, she's becoming slightly malicious (like the comment about Noe's smiling face). Throughout the show, she's done nothing but keep a distance away from Shin and when it's actually starting to take effect, she becomes even more moody and angsty.

So if True Tears decides on taking the Hiromi route, I can't help but feel they'd be rewarding a character who hasn't done anything to "earn" it, so to speak. To have Shin chase after her during her path of self-destruction, the very same path she helped pave on her own, while making victims of my dear little waifu Noe, would make me very angry indeed!
I do agree that she is to blame for the recent events that is going on. If she was truthful to Shin and confide with him earlier on about her current cituation then the whole Shin having to date Noe and Jun dating her fiasco could have been avoided.

I think it's going to be revealed that their not actually blood related and when that happens and both know about it she as hell better be the one that makes the first move no more damsel in distress act from her. I also do feel that she has to earn her win with Shin hope that she's the one that finally decides to make a move on Shin and not the other way around because so far she's been giving him mix signals and has lied to him countless times.
Old 2008-02-24, 21:05   Link #93
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Well, Hiromi is officially emo in my book. At first I didn't care who Shin ended up with, but now I hope it isn't her. Noe deserves to be with Shin more than her, so I happily accept a Noe + Shin ending, even though I doubt that'll happen. Lulz at how easily Ai got casted aside.
Old 2008-02-24, 21:24   Link #94
Kushi

Already getting bored of this series.... I personally am a huge Hiromi fan, but as most people have said before - at first you pity her, however up to this point it seems as if she's the one digging the hole herself and not something else forcing her to.

Ok so I've ranted enough about Hiromi and why I'm starting to dislike her... time to rant about the series.

At first this series was quite interesting with 3 ladies that Shin could choose from... But after watching this episode it's amazingly obvious that Shin is going to end up with Noe. Well if they didn't end up together then the matches won't fit. [Ai doesn't love her current bf, Jun and Noe are sibling] So if Hiromi and Shin get together it really won't work out. And I HIGHLY doubt that Noe is going to be single at the end of the series... infact I would probably bet my house on this. So I'm pretty sure Ai's going to stay with the current BF, Jun and Hiromi are going to get together, and Noe and Shin end up together. Wayyy too obvious..

Many can debate that Hiromi doesn't like Jun, however that's not especially true, if she didn't have the least bit of interest in him then she wouldn't have mentioned him in the first place, nevertheless remember his basketball number.

Hiromi should end up with Shin

[/rant over]
Old 2008-02-24, 21:45   Link #95
Falkor

Finished episode 08…

Shin X Noe moments are probably the scenes I like the most out of this episode. It was heartwarming and it did more enough to develop Noe’s character as somebody who was truly in love. Her love contained feelings that were pure, innocent, and yet very fragile as a dream about to shatter.

After last week gamble, Ai-chan now faces the fear she created as result of her actions. It was a decision she knew will definitely bring change between the two of them and she went after it, but in the end, she is only left with the option of crying in tears of regret and sorrow as Shin told her right away that he didn’t feel the same. Those cries were painful and beautiful as they conveyed her feelings of grief, and yet with an inexorable truth—she probably did a mistake.

I still like Hiromi the most despite the strong negative vibes… the one who is the most flawed out of the three, and yet the one who has the longest path to walk. I have to like that little phrase she said to Noe towards the end of her conversation as it conveyed her feelings of sadness, anger, and jealousy. She is mysterious, perhaps very cold, but above all, she can't help but being human as result.
Old 2008-02-24, 21:46   Link #96
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
For me, that actually increased my anticipation for future episodes. Right now, I feel the story works best working just on the love "triangle" between Noe, Shin, and Hiromi (I'm not going to include Jun). To me, trying to include Aiko in love triangle (at THIS point) would only unnecessarily complicate the story, while diluting all of the development between Shin and the other two girls.

Although Noe is my favorite character in the series and I'm a strong supporter of NoexShin, Aiko is my second favorite character and I really want her to be happy at the end of the series. With that being said, I'm very much anticipating to see how Aiko will fight back into the "title picture" as you called it. I highly doubt she will just give up, and I do feel that Aiko has something in her arsenal that can get her Shin.

Then again, my anticipation might be up because of all of the cute moments between Shin and Noe in episode 8. And anytime I can hear "Reflectia" more than once is a positive to me. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2008-02-24, 22:10   Link #97
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
For me, that actually increased my anticipation for future episodes. Right now, I feel the story works best working just on the love "triangle" between Noe, Shin, and Hiromi (I'm not going to include Jun). To me, trying to include Aiko in love triangle (at THIS point) would only unnecessarily complicate the story, while diluting all of the development between Shin and the other two girls.
But, then, we lost our biggest cliffhanger character, which was one of the things I always waited for the most. Hiromi and Noe's cliffhangers have never been nearly as good.

But as you said, I don't think Ai is down for the count yet but we'll see.
Old 2008-02-24, 22:13   Link #98
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
No monster post this week...

Spoiler for I usually skim through forums before watching an episode; not as much this time, but maybe someone else will do the same:

As I saw the episode wind to a close, I reached for the mouse and squawked like Raidomaru, "Noooo, don't be over!"

Last edited by ayako; 2008-02-24 at 22:36.
Old 2008-02-24, 22:50   Link #99
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Well, Hiromi is officially emo in my book. At first I didn't care who Shin ended up with, but now I hope it isn't her. Noe deserves to be with Shin more than her, so I happily accept a Noe + Shin ending, even though I doubt that'll happen. Lulz at how easily Ai got casted aside.
agreed. I never liked Hiromi too much for her personality, but I loved Noe from the first time i saw her. Aiko was also someone I was somewhat interested in.
I rather like the idea of a Noe x Shin ending. They're matched very well to me it seems. And I knew that Shin's personality would cast Aiko away. Ever since Aiko first started coming onto him I knew that in the end Shin would have to tell her that he can't be with her. Shin's acting more and more like me with each episode haha.

and that picture book is full of win to Noe. her reaction to it is so adorable.

Spoiler for Random stuff of episode, not sure if spoiler:

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-24, 23:08   Link #100
LCeh

As always, great episode. This is basically what I have been looking for in a highschool romance/drama series, but most fail to deliver.

Poor Hiromi. Judging by this episode and the preview, it looks like she is starting to self-destruct, and I hope Shin will step in to help her soon.

Currently I don't mind Shin ending with either Hiromi or Noe, and hopefully he will end up with one of them.
Closed Thread