AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 17:27   Link #1441
vg166

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Her and Tish's Limiters was shown when genetics was attacked by the Nova and MC Pandora. I heard it mentioned that he was her brother but haven't seen concrete proof of this besides him calling her sister though even the limiter devourer from the first chapters (forgot her name) passed herself off as wanting to become Kazuya's Onee-sama.
You see Chiffon's Limiter Eugene (However you translate it.) in the first E-Pandora chaopter when everyone first arrives in Alaska.
vg166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 17:33   Link #1442
Kyouka
Is Here

ohh i think i misread it after november its going to be bimonthly
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 00:58   Link #1443
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg166 View Post
You see Chiffon's Limiter Eugene (However you translate it.) in the first E-Pandora chaopter when everyone first arrives in Alaska.
you first see him in chapter 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
ohh i think i misread it after november its going to be bimonthly
we're still 20 chapters behind so it won;t affect us for a while
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:18   Link #1444
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Her and Tish's Limiters was shown when genetics was attacked by the Nova and MC Pandora. I heard it mentioned that he was her brother but haven't seen concrete proof of this besides him calling her sister though even the limiter devourer from the first chapters (forgot her name) passed herself off as wanting to become Kazuya's Onee-sama.
Incest?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:50   Link #1445
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I speculated Chiffy's limiter is her brother based on the translation where he called her onee san... Nothing more to it.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 06:52   Link #1446
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
you first see him in chapter 29

we're still 20 chapters behind so it won;t affect us for a while
of the new manga? or the current
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 09:06   Link #1447
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... Chiffon's pretty much a shotacon (hasn't been outright stated but it's implied for laughs), and since most Japanese boys (in anime) will call an older girl/woman, 'o/nee/chan/-san', it shouldn't be surprising that Chiffon's Limiter would call her 'oneechan' or something like that.

It's more of an inside joke in Japan's Genetic branch for the Pandoras to be referred to as 'Oneesans' while the Limiters are referred to as 'younger brothers' or 'otouto'.
Old 2011-10-11, 09:40   Link #1448
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Other than Nova Rs and Ses, are there any other Nova types?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 10:44   Link #1449
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Other than Nova Rs and Ses, are there any other Nova types?
there's is one...NOVA-form (formerly a PANDORA). Implanted with Stigma from real NOVA and do their bidding. Can turn back to normal once the stigma on collar bone destroyed or removed forcefully.
Make me wonder who's killed Kazuha when she's turn to NOVA? (since it happened by her own Stigma, there's probably not on collarbone only but her whole body). Her Limiter?, or the NUMBERS?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 12:30   Link #1450
Newhope

Quote:
He calls her Onee-san which is normally used to address an older sister.

But it can also be used by somebody younger and who is close to that person as a sign of respect which is probably how it's used here.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 12:38   Link #1451
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
He calls her Onee-san which is normally used to address an older sister.

But it can also be used by somebody younger and who is close to that person as a sign of respect which is probably how it's used here.
i'm thinking that too. While it is stated that many pandoras and limiter generally go on to get married. Those that don't become like that likely en up in a familial relationship. That is likely what it is like between Chiffon and her limiter.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 14:05   Link #1452
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Damn, there goes my wish for wincest.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 14:50   Link #1453
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
there's is one...NOVA-form (formerly a PANDORA). Implanted with Stigma from real NOVA and do their bidding. Can turn back to normal once the stigma on collar bone destroyed or removed forcefully.
Make me wonder who's killed Kazuha when she's turn to NOVA? (since it happened by her own Stigma, there's probably not on collarbone only but her whole body). Her Limiter?, or the NUMBERS?
Possibly, the government removed and redistributed her stigmas after her death, I wouldn't be surprised if the cover-up went even deeper, especially with how corrupt we've seen Chevalier to be.

Though somehow, I doubt it. If Elize and Yumi had killed Kazuha, they would've been reluctant to be even near Kazuya, let alone allow him to transfer to Genetics West, where his sister apparently attended. Still, I want to know the whole truth, too. I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 15:35   Link #1454
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Damn, there goes my wish for wincest.
LOL yea we didn't quite get it with Bridget so would have been good if it shifted to Chiffon instead

You know "brother gets killed and she goes batshit crazy nuts and destroys the world, end of story", that way I can put this series behind me.
Old 2011-10-11, 16:41   Link #1455
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Dr. Aoi flew off the handle when Ohara mentioned that she had mapped Maria's DNA structure...

He obviously doubted Ohara's intentions of the genetic map and the fact that she did so seemed like a personal affront to him. He took Maria as a gift from God, sent in humanity's hour of need, and he makes it seem like the took the utmost care in studying her. I have no doubt that he faced a lot of opposition from other researchers who saw Maria as nothing more than 'Test Subject ###' and had far less scruples in how far they would go. There's nothing worse than a researcher with no scruples to see just how dark a human can be. He probably took Ohara as one of 'them' and treated her accordingly.

I think he was afraid of Ohara discovering the DNA coding of Maria's Stigma Body and then trying to 'mass produce' it for lack of a better term - to effectively re-write the base genetic code of humans to produce/develop a 'Stigma Body' in a copy of Maria's. He was afraid of that end result, which is not an unfounded fear - Maria's Stigma Body was natural - what would happen to the scores of test subjects who try to artificially 'create' a Stigma Body?
None of that justifies burying humanity's head in the sand and refusing to use God's gifts - which include our brains and Maria's body. There are concerns that must be addressed, but arbitrarily deciding where the frontier between God's and Man's realms lies and browbeating any dissenter isn't the way to do it.

Quote:
Personally, I don't know if Ohara was trying to go that far or if she even had bad intentions when she said that - she probably didn't. But the Board of the E-Pandora Project are certainly forcing her down the path she didn't want to go - the path that Dr. Aoi knew that artificially inducing a normal human body to accept Stigma would lead to.
He knew shit. How could he? Even thinking about is "blasphemous".

Quote:
You shouldn't force something to be something that it wasn't born to be [by altering its DNA] - that's encroaching on God's domain.
So's everything we've built since we climbed down the trees.

Quote:
I believe that was his take on the entire thing.

As for if he is a morally upstanding person/researcher...*shrugs* No one is perfect, but that doesn't mean that someone can't call you out when you're about to do something bad or stupid or worse...
Slapping women around and throwing out religious arguments (a religion purely personal to him, to boot) doesn't give him much moral high ground.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 16:46   Link #1456
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
LOL yea we didn't quite get it with Bridget so would have been good if it shifted to Chiffon instead

You know "brother gets killed and she goes batshit crazy nuts and destroys the world, end of story", that way I can put this series behind me.
Did someone say incest?

I'm in too...

Which reminds me... I do wonder if the Fairchild family has all of their eyes closed?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:50   Link #1457
silverstri

i just read the new manga freezing: first chronicle and noticed there was one page where the caption are all in ?french language - the page where it showed how Chiffon excels in everything she did in school (i guess). Can anyone tell me what is the caption about?
Old 2011-10-14, 15:13   Link #1458
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstri View Post
i just read the new manga freezing: first chronicle and noticed there was one page where the caption are all in ?french language - the page where it showed how Chiffon excels in everything she did in school (i guess). Can anyone tell me what is the caption about?
Courtesy of venusflytrap from MangaFox forums:

"This is indeed French. But...it's just the synopsis of another manhwa, "Metal Heart", by Yon Jae Ho (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/metal_heart/). I guess he must be friend with Im Dal Young..."

Silly, isn't it? ^^;;
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 05:33   Link #1459
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

60 : Charles !! At least, a pandora who doesn't have big breast !
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 06:54   Link #1460
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
60 : Charles !! At least, a pandora who doesn't have big breast !
are you sure that's not a trap?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen