AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-29, 13:23   Link #1661
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
will erika and dlanor be playable in pc version too?
The Erika and Dlanor videos aren't from the 360 version of OMK (OMKX). They're for the next OMK, for now called OMK2. So yes, they'll be on the PC version.
Old 2011-08-29, 13:39   Link #1662
battle22

cool. .are dlanor and erika the only characters that are confirmed right now?i wish
they made eva,kyrie,rosa,natsuhi,rudolf and bern...
Old 2011-08-29, 13:44   Link #1663
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Culprit Battler was the first character announced.

Eva's already in it. Eva-Beatrice. Normal Eva doesn't have enough abilities to become a playable character.

The same applies to the other adults, since Rosa's already in it, but she's proven to be the fan-favorite shotgun wielder. I wouldn't mind seeing Kyrie and Rudolf, but their movesets'd be tricky and complicated to make unique, I think. Unless all of Rudolf's attacks involve "ORE WA JAKKU BAUAA!"

And as for Bern, it's possible, but only time will tell.
Old 2011-08-29, 13:55   Link #1664
battle22

oh come one . eva knows karate right? .shannon cant even fight but she's in the game.
ange too. if they say that certain character doesn't have enough moveset thats just be lazyness
on there part.
Old 2011-08-29, 18:41   Link #1665
cronnoponno

I think it's more of the matter of ''wasting our time with human characters when we want real characters''.

I think even Rosa was pushing it, but I'm sort of cool with it now.

Kyrie and Rudolph and Eva might be cool, along with Krauss, but I would much rather them just dedicate their time to characters like Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Will, Dlanor, and Erika.
Old 2011-08-29, 20:11   Link #1666
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I don't think Rosa is pushing it at all... she's a fan favorite and she has a back story and character development, she's treated more like a character instead of just an extra like half of the rest of the human cast... also unlike a couple of the characters already included in the game, she can hold her own in a fight.

The idea that "Meta" characters are somehow the "real" or "main" characters doesn't sit right with me... without some of the characters from both sides then Umineko wouldn't be what it is. Even a large portion of meta characters are supporting at best.

... Then again I'm not sure what you mean by "real characters"... that's just the impression I got since you set them apart from "human characters" in that post.

Old 2011-08-29, 21:06   Link #1667
cronnoponno

In Melty Blood, if they added characters like neko-arc and chaos-arc without adding characters like Nero, Roa, ect, well it'd be fine, but I would just expect the role to be reversed.

The Meta Characters don't really have to be the main characters, but adding people like Krauss and Natsuhi to the game before adding actual characters like Bernkastel and Lambdadelta feels akward. I just don't think being a ''memetic badass'' to fan interpretation should justify them becoming the main focus as characters in a fighting game when we have actual witches and sword-slinging detectives to give priority.

Although you're right that it's mostly my opinion on that part, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be added PERIOD, but I think it should take a few extra expansions(realistically) before they start adding them in. Kyrie would be better than Rosa anyway, since she actually has a power in Fantasy scenes other than people just liking Rosa because she ''stabbed a goat in the eye'', but that's beside the point.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:22   Link #1668
battle22

ofcourse bernkastel and lambdadelta have to come first . i was just saying that if they don't make human characters and say that they dont have enough moveset that just be bull.
. characters they should make:bern,lamda,will,lion,gaap,siasta(blond),maria ,auaurora,rosa,eva,kyrie,natsuhi,krauss,rudolf . also bonus characters from
higurashi woudnt hurt :rika,rena,mion,shion,keichi and satoko
Old 2011-08-30, 08:02   Link #1669
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Hmmm... I understand that then. I'm just biased towards Rosa. Actually to be honest I felt that the original cast from the first game was extremely awkward, and I do agree that more major characters should be developed and included first... and have moves that seem well thought out, actually make sense and work for them unlike a couple characters already included. Actually, I found it odd that Siesta (or Chiester) 410 and Lucifer were included over more major characters (especially since the Stakes are already in Beatrice's AND Ange's movesets... and I kind of expected the Chiesters to be in Evatrice's or Virgilia's movesets) and that Shannon and Kanon were separate characters (I'm not saying they're the same, I just expected them to work more like... say... Carl in BlazBlue... also it seems that apart their movesets are rather... bland or random in Shannon's case). This is all just my opinion of course... either way I do hope that they eventually add in Bern and Lambda.

Old 2011-08-30, 10:12   Link #1670
battle22

do you guys know when the dlanor and erika patch will be released?
Old 2011-08-30, 10:44   Link #1671
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
do you guys know when the dlanor and erika patch will be released?
It's not a patch. They'll be characters in the upcoming Ougon Musou Kyoku 2. It is released at the end of the year on PC at the same time with a couple of other 07th Expansion releases, so that answers when to expect them. Because it's basically a new game, you'll probably need to pay another 3000 yen or so to play them even if you already have the original OMK.
Old 2011-08-30, 10:59   Link #1672
battle22

that sucks...
Old 2011-08-30, 22:05   Link #1673
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Hmmm... I understand that then. I'm just biased towards Rosa. Actually to be honest I felt that the original cast from the first game was extremely awkward, and I do agree that more major characters should be developed and included first... and have moves that seem well thought out, actually make sense and work for them unlike a couple characters already included. Actually, I found it odd that Siesta (or Chiester) 410 and Lucifer were included over more major characters (especially since the Stakes are already in Beatrice's AND Ange's movesets... and I kind of expected the Chiesters to be in Evatrice's or Virgilia's movesets) and that Shannon and Kanon were separate characters (I'm not saying they're the same, I just expected them to work more like... say... Carl in BlazBlue... also it seems that apart their movesets are rather... bland or random in Shannon's case). This is all just my opinion of course... either way I do hope that they eventually add in Bern and Lambda.
I really do agree with on all of this, but since OMK was the first fighting game 07th has done, and they're still working out some bugs as best they can; we're lucky just to have an awesome spin-off for Umineko. You really can't expect too much, especially in comparison to games like BlazBlue, or Melty Blood. That's already been posted on this forum, but I think it's important that we remember how fortunate we are to have this much. Although judging by that Erika/Dlanor video, I really do think that they're trying to up the gameplay a lot. Heres hoping that before 07th closes OMK we'll have a large character roster, and fairly good fighting styles.

Also, just to through this out there, I really want them to add Zepar/Furfur, Asmodeus(with an alternative Lucifer style similiar to Mammon's summons), and the Witch of Rokkenjima(alternate Beatrice). Since they don't get enough love I just felt like mentioning them.
Old 2011-08-31, 04:21   Link #1674
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

New utility for Musou Kyoku: the RP Viewer. http://07th-expansion.net/log/eid23.html
It seems it's a tool for keeping track of online play, but I can't quite figure out what does it do.
Old 2011-08-31, 08:30   Link #1675
Hadesu

My first post here xD. Ok I think Rosa was a nice choice, I mean it's like Lucifer really, no need to have all the 7 sisters imo. I'm happy for one representative. For the adults too, Rosa is enough I think. It's not so bad after all anyway xD. Let's worry about Bern and Lambd and Will making it in first . Or Gaap.

Ok here is something to speculate about :

Spoiler for spoiler for some people I guess:

Last edited by Hadesu; 2011-08-31 at 09:01.
Old 2011-08-31, 09:09   Link #1676
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadesu View Post
My first post here xD. Ok I think Rosa was a nice choice, I mean it's like Lucifer really, no need to have all the 7 sisters imo. I'm happy for one representative. For the adults too, Rosa is enough I think. It's not so bad after all anyway xD. Let's worry about Bern and Lambd and Will making it in first . Or Gaap.

That's not for this game. It's for the PS3 game.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-08-31, 09:56   Link #1677
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadesu View Post

no rosa is not enoigh lol if lucifer,shanon,ange gets in why not eva
natsuhi and kyrie (yeah i love them) . i think eva natsuhi and kyrie can
fight better than ange and shannon. eva know's karate and kyrie is awesome killa
woman. natsuhi is just one of my favorite characters so that why i want her in lol
Old 2011-08-31, 10:14   Link #1678
Hadesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
That's not for this game. It's for the PS3 game.
Ah alright sorry about that, just found that on tumblr anyway, still wonder if they would actually include GM Battler. I don't know much different he will be since I didn't cover that part yet.
Old 2011-08-31, 14:07   Link #1679
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Why is that even weird for Lucifer and Siesta 410? They are also full fledged characters even if they are "furniture". Otherwise, by the same logic, Virgilia and Ronove wouldn't qualify as characters either.
They are as noteworthy as Rosa, who barely appeared twice in the whole game as "brawler" capable for 2 very short scenes, unlike the aforementioned characters.

Also Kanon and Shannon absolutely doesn't work the same way as you described with Carl. It would definitely be broken like no tomorrow in a game that relies heavily on hitconfirm and so forth.

The initial cast included the most logical choices among the original non chiru cast, despite they weirdly skipped jessica and george for some reason.
Old 2011-08-31, 14:34   Link #1680
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Why is that even weird for Lucifer and Siesta 410? They are also full fledged characters even if they are "furniture". Otherwise, by the same logic, Virgilia and Ronove wouldn't qualify as characters either.
They are as noteworthy as Rosa, who barely appeared twice in the whole game as "brawler" capable for 2 very short scenes, unlike the aforementioned characters.

Also Kanon and Shannon absolutely doesn't work the same way as you described with Carl. It would definitely be broken like no tomorrow in a game that relies heavily on hitconfirm and so forth.

The initial cast included the most logical choices among the original non chiru cast, despite they weirdly skipped jessica and george for some reason.
Like I said, I expected the Siestas to be included in Evatrice's (or Virgilia's) moveset... and Lucifer and the rest of the Stakes were already included in Ange and Beatrice's moves... which I found kind of odd, I was just expecting them to be included in Beatrice's OR Ange's, not both AND THEN as standalone characters. Since their function in the story was to obey orders, I figured they'd be used as moves rather than characters all on their own.

I'm not saying that they're not full fledged characters, I'm saying that the cast seemed very awkward to me. Battler's moves aren't what many expected as far as I remember... same goes for Shannon, who's moveset seems rather ridiculous and random. Episode 4 showed that Kanon and Shannon work very well together, so I figured that they'd have some sort of moveset that'd show that off more instead of random seagull jokes and using cleaning utensils and being clumbsy to fight. It doesn't have to work the exact same way as Carl and Ada do, but I would've preferred if they worked together more in some way... perhaps with one of them just being moves for the other much like Ange does with the Stakes and Sakutarou. I figured they'd be on the screen at the same time and work together, rather than the specifics that make Carl's moveset unique in BlazBlue. I never said anything about any of them not being "full fledged characters", I just said that in my opinion the choices in who got in (and what moves they use) was kind of odd.

Also I already admitted to having a bias for Rosa, but even then I don't think her inclusion is that strange... she won't have to rely on in universe running jokes as moves (at least I hope they don't do that, she does have stuff to work off of) and she's not already in somebody else's movesets. Those two reasons would make her inclusion slightly less odd to me.

Closed Thread