AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-22, 20:48   Link #30981
bakato

Is it just me or has DW found their groove with LB2? Skadi, Huang, Benienma, KingProtea, KingProtea, and Altjuna. Correct me if I'm wrong but so far Arc 2 has way more star hitters than Arc 1 did in its entirety.
Old 2019-06-22, 21:11   Link #30982
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
Recently on internet...

Internet: "LB4 is too hard, it's impossible for F2P to clear it."

Me: *SaitamaOKFace* Ok...

Context I'm a complete Free 2 Play because Google account regional issue with my card...so my wallet is locked... which is ok but I missed all the guaranteed gacha. Anyway decided to clear the last Arjuna fight without SSR servant other than support Karna.

Images
party
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Description:
-Hans provides Stars by CE, NP charge and stars to Karna, crit damage buff.
-Mystic codes provides extras to crit.
-Deon taunts for 3 turns with mercury ce, her dodge and dying on turn 3.
-RNG screwed me over, turn 1 with all those stars only got 1 Karna's card at 70% crit rate...and it missed.
-Turn 4, Avicabron taunts a turns and dies, while giving Karna and Hans 3 turn invincibility.
-Mash 3 turns taunt with 2 turns invincibility.
-Turn 5 Arjuna first NP, no damage...
-Turn 7 Mash dies retreats.
-Turn 8 El Dorado bring stars, Charisma and buster buff, Hans recast skills on Karna. Crit breaks Arjuna second bar. Take NP everyone gone except Karna with all the buff and soloing.
-Turn 9 Cast the guts on Karna in case, but I didn't even need it.

Just as planned...

Images
a

So far I used all party bond ce with only one k-scope 3 party members for bond only 2 functional servants plus support with bond ce that mostly Skardi or Waver, in case of Skardi sometimes helps nothing because I didn't bring the right dsp for her. Lost for the first time with Nezha, because I drained her np without knowing that the fight ends with NP. Lost 3 times to Williams and the beasts fight, because tried too hard without proper party for the fight and too greedy with the bonds, lost one more time with a really bad RNG roll. Dorman and Arjuna fight lost 5 times, my strategy with Arjuna's bar break and buff removal wasn't working, buff removal is a weakness in my roster... I cheated him by using Herc with bond ce. The tree fight prepared David for AOE Np dodge, made a quick work on Archer, bailout a tree's np... and basically that's all I did.
Oh, you e-sports guys.

I can understand the complaints about Arjalter. Even though Foreigners have an absolutely class advantage over him, he can still just about one-shot them. And as a Berserker, he can one-shot everyone else.

So the trick is to have units with taunt and multi-turn evasion/invincible? Aside from the people you used, are there any others?

Also, is it possible any of this could be related to an LB4 mechanic? My moonrune coefficient is low, but I've been confused by what appears to be a permanent atk debuff and healing buff throughout the Belt.

Hope God-Karna is a skin we can get. It's beautiful and hilarious. (Arjuna loses his hair color, Karna gets the hair and skin color he could never have. And somehow, that color is....Irish.)

Quote:
*Looking right now FSN kit and stat.
*After seeing Gil, Cu, Herc...

I must disagree completely. Gil, Cu, Herc are 3 of the very best this game has to offer. Emiya, Hasan and Medea are more than good enough in their roles, only Saiba, Medusa and Kojiro are a little lackluster
How dare you besmirch Kojiro, the Savior of France! The man, the Myth, the REGEND!
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 21:34   Link #30983
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Oh, you e-sports guys.

I can understand the complaints about Arjalter. Even though Foreigners have an absolutely class advantage over him, he can still just about one-shot them. And as a Berserker, he can one-shot everyone else.

So the trick is to have units with taunt and multi-turn evasion/invincible? Aside from the people you used, are there any others?

Also, is it possible any of this could be related to an LB4 mechanic? My moonrune coefficient is low, but I've been confused by what appears to be a permanent atk debuff and healing buff throughout the Belt.

Hope God-Karna is a skin we can get. It's beautiful and hilarious. (Arjuna loses his hair color, Karna gets the hair and skin color he could never have. And somehow, that color is....Irish.)

How dare you besmirch Kojiro, the Savior of France! The man, the Myth, the REGEND!
God-Karna is a skin.
Old 2019-06-22, 21:36   Link #30984
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
~snip~
To me, the first time I had to bring multiple taunters was the final Lucoa boss fight in Babylonia because I don't have JTR and I didn't really feel like using a friend one. Lucoa just hits so hard that she can one-shot Assassins with her crits, and I am seeing a similar pattern with the Huangdi and Arjuna Alter fights. Huangdi and Arjuna don't have any problems one-shotting Avengers and Foreigners.

So to me, this mechanic of having to bring multiple taunters actually has been around since Arc 1, there just aren't any other bosses like that until Huangdi and Arjuna Alter. Good thing is a lot of taunters are very easy to obtain (Mash, George, Leonidas, Assassin Scathach, d'Eon, etc.) so you can just let the friend Jalter and NPC Karna do all the dirty work while the taunters take the hits from Huangdi and Arjuna, respectively.
Old 2019-06-22, 23:39   Link #30985
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Oh, you e-sports guys.

Someone cheesed him in 3t with Kama buffed by NP-gen up. You remove the color debuffs for each of Arjuna's Servants you defeat. It's from the powerup he granted them

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-06-23 at 03:24.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 23:44   Link #30986
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Someone cheesed him in 3t with Kama buffed by NP-gen up
#LunarWhaleGaming
Old 2019-06-22, 23:46   Link #30987
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
#LunarWhaleGaming
He did use Bride Nero for the NP-gen buff but you could conceivably replace her with Paracelsius I guess

Quote:
So to me, this mechanic of having to bring multiple taunters actually has been around since Arc 1, there just aren't any other bosses like that until Huangdi and Arjuna Alter. Good thing is a lot of taunters are very easy to obtain (Mash, George, Leonidas, Assassin Scathach, d'Eon, etc.) so you can just let the friend Jalter and NPC Karna do all the dirty work while the taunters take the hits from Huangdi and Arjuna, respectively.
Plenty of CQs before LB3 have someone who overwhelms class advantage by sheer damage actually. Gil-lympics comes to mind. Taunting + order change has been the primary method for stacking massive buffs for some time now

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-06-23 at 02:24.
Old 2019-06-23, 06:34   Link #30988
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
What? Is this a bad joke? Precisely the FSN servants are some of the most efficient early game units, and still are in later stages. And this comes from someone who maxed Emiya, Cu, Medea, Medusa, Heracles and Cursed Arm.
Quote:
I must disagree completely. Gil, Cu, Herc are 3 of the very best this game has to offer. Emiya, Hasan and Medea are more than good enough in their roles, only Saiba, Medusa and Kojiro are a little lackluster
What I mean is, only Artoria and Gil are 5*, and Artoria's nothing special for a 5*. Herc is 4*, but hyped as he was, that isn't really enough. Emiya's alright. As for the others, they're 3* or less. Their rarities are all rather disappointing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 07:51   Link #30989
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Plenty of CQs before LB3 have someone who overwhelms class advantage by sheer damage actually. Gil-lympics comes to mind.
I actually forgot about Abby in Salem. Her buff-removal-before-damage NP was so scary (though still not as scary as Amakusa's) she warranted bringing multiple taunters on her.

Now, I'm not sure about GilFest, even F2P hero Honako Green made it through most of the CQs there without bringing too many tanks. Usually it's just George and sometimes Mash, it's not like with Huangdi and Arjuna Alter where you have to bring the entire cavalry. I'm pretty sure "P2W" FGO YouTubers like xNaya and Rexlent could have made through the GilFest CQs without having to use any tanks, just the usual DPS + Card Support + Waver combo or something like that.
Old 2019-06-23, 08:53   Link #30990
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I actually forgot about Abby in Salem. Her buff-removal-before-damage NP was so scary (though still not as scary as Amakusa's) she warranted bringing multiple taunters on her.

Now, I'm not sure about GilFest, even F2P hero Honako Green made it through most of the CQs there without bringing too many tanks. Usually it's just George and sometimes Mash, it's not like with Huangdi and Arjuna Alter where you have to bring the entire cavalry. I'm pretty sure "P2W" FGO YouTubers like xNaya and Rexlent could have made through the GilFest CQs without having to use any tanks, just the usual DPS + Card Support + Waver combo or something like that.
Diabetes powered MHXA will crit any Foreigner to death, class advantage be damned. My point is, if you are talking about enemies who straight up do so much damage as to ignore class advantage, there's plenty of them besides QSH and Arjuna. Those kinds of opponent are hardly rare. Even the first Nerolympics with Scathac and Cu could already do that

As for youtubers, those I see generally use taunt CEs a lot as well. Simply because many crucial buffs come from low star characters like Bunyan or Paracelsius whom you want gone as soon as they dump their skills.

And no, P2W doesn't mean Waver + color caster. If that's your definition of P2W, then plenty of salmons and dolphins, even pure F2P who will be included. If you aren't sporting NP5 Gil or something crazy like that, you're far from P2W. Otherwise, most people who played long enough have DPS, color caster, Waver or second color caster lineup. Doesn't mean it works in every instance though.

BTW, diabetic MHXA is one of those where you cannot just lol braindead Black Grail on NP5 Gil even if you are a whale

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-06-23 at 09:31.
Old 2019-06-23, 10:21   Link #30991
GDB

Quote:
Three turn taunt:
St George, Chevalier de Leon, Leonidas (skill is one turn, NP is 3 turns)

One turn taunt:
Mash, Summer Scathach, Summer Nitocris, Xuanzang, Achilles, Lancer Vlad, Fionn, Passionlip, Kiritsugu, Ganesha, Benkei

Not sure which of these have evasion/invincible to go with it off hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What I mean is, only Artoria and Gil are 5*, and Artoria's nothing special for a 5*. Herc is 4*, but hyped as he was, that isn't really enough. Emiya's alright. As for the others, they're 3* or less. Their rarities are all rather disappointing.
Rarity means nothing beyond how much money DW thinks they'd make.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 11:10   Link #30992
Rasen

Quote:
Someone cheesed him in 3t with Kama buffed by NP-gen up. You remove the color debuffs for each of Arjuna's Servants you defeat. It's from the powerup he granted them
What a strange mechanic. It's not like we could choose to ignore the Servants and have a tougher battle (ala the sex Beasts).

So even though the perma-icon was there, it wasn't doing anything by the time of the final fight?
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 12:21   Link #30993
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yup, gone by the end. Pepe still buffs you though
Old 2019-06-24, 05:05   Link #30994
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Hmm, okay, I'm halfway through Agartha right now, and it's been amazing so far, but I've read about Agartha being considered the worst singularity in the game by JP players. Some say it's even worse than say, Septem or Okeanos. Assuming the issue was with Scheherazade and the events at Ys, JP doesn't usually care about stuff that SJWs in the West whine about all the time, but what really does make Agartha one of the worst received singularities in the entire game? Was it just pure bad writing, or did the SJW issues help drag Agartha to the mud even more?
Late reply but I'll break down why its seen as one of the worst FGO chapters.

This post on 4chan sum up the biggest problem of Agartha

Images

It boils down to the subjective and objective impression that a writer, with a fetish for shotas (Fergus), crossdressing (Astolfo and D'Eon), femdom and male masochism have taken the commands of FGO and let out their fantasies unchecked. Also this.

Just in case you dont know, Magical Realm is a term originating from a webcomic and tabletop roleplaying, the definition can be found here.

If it was just western SJW whining, we'd just laugh it off and movie on. But, no, even Japan didnt like it.

PS: Before you say. "But would you have done it better?". Before Agartha, I expected something like a homage to 1930s adventure pulp fiction, seeing how Agartha is associated with Hollow Earth stories like Pellucidar, where prehistoric men survived along with its fauna which also includes dinosaurs. The Hollow Earth is also very big in the nazi occult imagery. Yes, I say it, Sheherazade mounting a resistance of cavemen to fight the nazi oppressors, who are riding dinosaurs led by a fake Hitler that is actually a Demon Pillar would be a more compelling adventure than the Magical Realm of someone with Amazons who goes ara ara over crossdressers and a shota.

Last edited by Sheba; 2019-06-24 at 05:22.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-24, 06:02   Link #30995
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Just finished LB4 today. Godjuna was a bitch. Even Foreigners cant survive against him. I realized only SSG Karna had enough damage to dent Godjuna so I went with taunts to protect Karna. I had to use one CS though to do a B-NP-B attack because Karna was the one left and Arjuna casted a Guts and was at half health in the last bar. Plus I didnt have the invul of the Atlas uniform anymore and lost Karna's guts buff already. The tree plus Ash fight was easier compared to that.

Storywise, I'd rate it equal to LB1, just a bit lower due to Nezha being wasted, though Berserker Nezha made up for it a bit. Everyone pulled through in the story and did their parts well. Pepe was an interesting character. Being with us most of the story gave us enough time to get to know him. He was always an enemy that just cooperated with us to survive so his returning to oppose us in the last part wasnt surprising. What made this chapter work was our connection to the citizens just like in LB1 and how heartbreaking it was in the end after all that happened. The CE art reward was just plain cruel to see. That and Jinako. Jinako was another star of this chapter. The plan enacted to foil Godjuna and how much she endured to pull it off was really good. I'm positive this chapter was done by Nasu. He's the only one who can write Jinako like that plus all the other developments, foreshadowings and stuff were by him.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-24, 06:11   Link #30996
Klard
The cilvilain

Only Arjuna battle was hard, the last one i just cheese it with Parvati and double Skadi
Old 2019-06-24, 06:49   Link #30997
judasmartel
*Author

Rushed Agartha yesterday and felt terrible at work after getting only an hour of sleep. So, it was not as bad as advertised because NA has toned down some of the dialogue, and it did indeed turn into a really deep Magical Realm story.

Spoiler for wow:
Old 2019-06-24, 11:12   Link #30998
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Just finished LB4 today. Godjuna was a bitch. Even Foreigners cant survive against him. I realized only SSG Karna had enough damage to dent Godjuna so I went with taunts to protect Karna. I had to use one CS though to do a B-NP-B attack because Karna was the one left and Arjuna casted a Guts and was at half health in the last bar. Plus I didnt have the invul of the Atlas uniform anymore and lost Karna's guts buff already. The tree plus Ash fight was easier compared to that.

Storywise, I'd rate it equal to LB1, just a bit lower due to Nezha being wasted, though Berserker Nezha made up for it a bit. Everyone pulled through in the story and did their parts well. Pepe was an interesting character. Being with us most of the story gave us enough time to get to know him. He was always an enemy that just cooperated with us to survive so his returning to oppose us in the last part wasnt surprising. What made this chapter work was our connection to the citizens just like in LB1 and how heartbreaking it was in the end after all that happened. The CE art reward was just plain cruel to see. That and Jinako. Jinako was another star of this chapter. The plan enacted to foil Godjuna and how much she endured to pull it off was really good. I'm positive this chapter was done by Nasu. He's the only one who can write Jinako like that plus all the other developments, foreshadowings and stuff were by him.
I think all CCC related things are written by him. Karna and Jinako scenes at least are definitely written by Mushroom. Anyway the only thing I can't tell is who wrote LB1. 3 is Urobuchi and 2 is 100% Sakurai. Maybe Higashide?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-06-24 at 11:28.
Old 2019-06-24, 12:52   Link #30999
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Higashide is also my guess in LB1. Atalanta and Avicebron are his characters in Apocrypha. And he's credited in the FGO mats in writing/creating the ones who appeared there, Beowulf and Billy.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-24, 15:12   Link #31000
cyberdemon

Sweet free 30 sq for en players tomorrow. Perfect for the upcoming summer rolls.

Tags
android, fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon