AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 23:00   Link #261
karasuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
In addition to the previous critiques, I'd also like for them to revamp the cover system. So that you can take cover behind other things other than sand bags, like benches, trees, etc and you can squat or go prone anywhere for accuracy bonuses. Also if they could re-do it so that you only get the defense bonuses when being attacked from the covered side, since you're not exactly being covered if the enemy sneaks up from behind .

As far as the ranking system goes, yeah it's a bit shallow. My first play through I just did it how I wanted to and the second play through I went for A ranks. I think for my next playthrough I'll try to take out all the enemies. I think I missed out on some of the aces on my first few play throughs since I haven't gotten all the medals yet .
Also, change the defense bonus modification to people crouching next to a sandbag. I could be shooting at back of a lancer's head. Since he is crouching, he get the bonus. That doesn't make sense.

Also, yes, too many mission can get rank A by just charging using Alicia or a Scout. Shocktroopers end up only doing defense duty.
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 00:37   Link #262
u43368
Disabled By Request

Jane should've replaced Susie; her sadism + whipping boy's masochism = lolz. Need to get an A on that mission...

Selvaria's dlc was worth it because she is <3.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 02:43   Link #263
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
Looking at GameFaqs, on Edy's mission, I've been trying to focus on all the units to the north on the first turn - the hidden sniper, tank and that scout but I usually get killed by all the guys to the south.
It doesn't help that the enemy turn takes soooo long. :lol:
Any tips on what I should do on the first couple of turns?
Along with what was being said before, going for the tank radiators when you can is effective. No point wasting 3 or something CP blowing the tank away from the front when you can just run around the thing and take care of it with 1 . That of course is just a general tip, and you can't always get around them so you have to excercise your judgement skills .

I don't tend to save in battles, like Shiroth says it kind of ruins the experience for me. I had to do one of the Selvaria missions so many times it sucked though, mostly because I kept trying to get by Musaad (surprised to see him in there) which was actually really hard for me .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 07:29   Link #264
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
Jane should've replaced Susie; her sadism + whipping boy's masochism = lolz. Need to get an A on that mission...

Selvaria's dlc was worth it because she is <3.
Jane, Lynn, and Nina were my main Shocktroopers. Any one of them would be nice to have in there. I specifically used Lynn to make the killshot in the final mission.

I wonder if Lynn will make an appearance in the anime. I think the story between her and Karl would make a nice little side story.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 08:32   Link #265
trakker
Comical Scamp

Saving dosent spoil it that much, well i didnt do it on my first playthrough. but its very hepful for securing your A ranks. like maybe what Solecs was talking about Musaad, i must have realoded that sniper shot 6-7 times before he decided not to duck the headshot >w>
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 14:25   Link #266
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

You know you're off the wall when:

You switch between English and Japanese voiceovers at random intervals.
Old 2009-04-20, 15:40   Link #267
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakker View Post
Saving dosent spoil it that much, well i didnt do it on my first playthrough. but its very hepful for securing your A ranks. like maybe what Solecs was talking about Musaad, i must have realoded that sniper shot 6-7 times before he decided not to duck the headshot >w>
What you've just said is called spoiling the game.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:39   Link #268
Solecs

Yeah, Musaad sucks. His dodge rate is ridiculous .

I'm still working on the Selvaria missions, been on them all freaking evening. It took me forever to figure out how to get into "Silencing the Artillery" and now I'm stuck on that trying to finish it with a good rank. I used to think I was good at this game .

Edit: Valkyria-mode Selvaria is down right ridiculous o,O.

Last edited by Solecs; 2009-04-21 at 03:45.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 07:45   Link #269
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Why do you have to shoot at someone who's a recruitable after you start a new game?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 09:55   Link #270
trakker
Comical Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No, what I have said is what YOU think is spoiling a game. When it comes down to critical headshots and Thiemer fire, I want thoses shots to connect. If a map suddenly depends on one clean hit, you wanna make sure it... y'know, hits.

Surely you know what its like to miss a tank when your close enough to prod it with the end of your missile. you honestly saying its SUCH a spoil to want to make that command point (and ammo) actully be of use?

End of the day, i dont feel my experience spoiled at all. Atleast i inversted in this new IP and have enjoyed every second, can anyone ask for anything more?

Last edited by trakker; 2009-04-21 at 10:05.
Old 2009-04-21, 10:11   Link #271
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trakker View Post
No, what I have said is what YOU think is spoiling a game.
You only spoil a game when you make it not fun for yourself. Clearly both of you found ways to enjoy the game, so clearly neither of you are spoiling it.
Old 2009-04-21, 10:13   Link #272
trakker
Comical Scamp

exacatlly X3
Old 2009-04-23, 13:57   Link #273
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Valkyria Chronicles now has its own sub-forum!
Old 2009-04-23, 14:26   Link #274
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Red face

Quote:
not really.
what you are doing though is making a big fuss over something so minor.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 14:50   Link #275
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
not really.
what you are doing though is making a big fuss over something so minor.
I'm not making a fuss at all.

All i'm saying is that i don't save, and i believe that it's spoiling the game. Sorry for sharing my opinion.

I just think that saving before you go and try something during a mission, it just destroys the excitement that's built up from not knowing what's going to happen. If you save it, then the thought is in your head that it doesn't matter if you fail, because you can quickly load up your save data. Sure it's a lot easier and less stressful that way, though it's not how i play it. That's all i am saying, you know, how i am play.
Old 2009-04-23, 18:45   Link #276
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
I'm not making a fuss at all.

All i'm saying is that i don't save, and i believe that it's spoiling the game. Sorry for sharing my opinion.

I just think that saving before you go and try something during a mission, it just destroys the excitement that's built up from not knowing what's going to happen. If you save it, then the thought is in your head that it doesn't matter if you fail, because you can quickly load up your save data. Sure it's a lot easier and less stressful that way, though it's not how i play it. That's all i am saying, you know, how i am play.
People play how they want to play.

I'm probably like many people where I play each mission through disregarding the rank, improvising and struggling with a non-optimal squad deployment and (sometimes) failing. Then replaying the mission for the A-rank later.

But to get some A ranks, you practically have to save mid-mission. Unless you enjoy re-doing the same things over and over again to get to the point where you need to make that difficult shot.

I think it's more important to enjoy the game. If it means for some people to save the game mid-mission and reload to get A ranks, max out the XP and money, and collect all the weapons to enjoy the game to the best level, then I say go for it. If you prefer to make it more realistic and/or difficult and let the chips fall where they may (ignore ranks, XP, etc., let favorite characters die, and so forth), then the more power to you.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 18:49   Link #277
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
People play how they want to play.
For the last time, i'm not saying people have to play the way i've said.

Quote:
But to get some A ranks, you practically have to save mid-mission.
Sorry but i don't agree with this. I've gained A's after a lot of hard work on a lot of missions --- especially Skirmishes on hard mode.

Quote:
If you prefer to make it more realistic and/or difficult and let the chips fall where they may (ignore ranks, XP, etc., let favorite characters die, and so forth), then the more power to you.
I'm not letting people die just because i don't save. I'll have you know that no one dies when i play. If they do, then i'll restart a mission. I love this cast, and i'm not going to let one of them die on me.
Old 2009-04-23, 19:13   Link #278
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

im debating whether to get this game or not, the anime is pretty good so far, should i get it right away or let the anime finish first
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 19:14   Link #279
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
For the last time, i'm not saying people have to play the way i've said.
That's what I got when you said "spoiling the game". It's like saying unless someone plays the way you do they won't get the most enjoyment from the game. I understand that's not what you meant, but I think you inadvertently worded it so that people interpreted that way.

Quote:
Sorry but i don't agree with this. I've gained A's after a lot of hard work on a lot of missions --- especially Skirmishes on hard mode.
If you know what to do for a mission, getting A's isn't that hard to do. Most of them allow you to get them done with an extra turn or two to take actions. Especially if you focus on the victory objective only and ignore taking out troops and tanks unless it's needed for completion. Some of the orders and potentials practically make certain characters unbelievably broken (Metal Gear Alicia, anyone?). But not everyone wants to run through the entire missions multiple times to get that A rank. If I know I'm going to have to do certain things up until a certain point and a tricky move is coming up, I'd rather save and have to reload than restart the entire mission and redo all those actions up to that point again. It's more to save time for me.

Quote:
I'm not letting people die just because i don't save. I'll have you know that no one dies when i play. If they do, then i'll restart a mission. I love this cast, and i'm not going to let one of them die on me.
I know how you feel. I just like to save to make it easier on myself when I screw up and get someone taken down. Although once you get Medic Request and don't mind spending a CP to use it then you don't have to restart.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 19:19   Link #280
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
im debating whether to get this game or not, the anime is pretty good so far, should i get it right away or let the anime finish first
For the love of God, buy the game. You won't regret it. And maybe you can play with the anime. That might be an interesting experience.