AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 14:12   Link #701
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The ending has strong resemblance to K-on!! ending style, with many "music cover" vibes left and right.
Ah there's what was missing, the character title cards. I knew something was off just not sure what. Of course they would be in the ending instead though, that does make sense. The cake is even there too. They literally included everything now I'm pretty sure of it.

Also something that bears mentioning, they clearly love their almost ecchi fan service in intros, but especially outros. There's a couple of these low angle knee/ass shots of girls skirts bouncing around just above their knees while just managing to avoid showing any skin. What was it people called this back in the day....Kyoani maintaining purity? Not that I care or am the type to be offended by fanservice, but the suggestive intent is obvious anyway and there will eventually be collectors figures, dojin art and merchandise, so why maintain this pretense of purity always? Why even include those shots if it's supposed to be pure and cute in terms of content? Just something I've never understood or why it's oft-held to be a more pure and acceptable form of fan service that Kyoani employs, but maybe I shouldn't start a debate topic this soon into the thread, that typically doesn't end well under these circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Apparently you're supposed to only watch one half of the OP, as though you have an eyepatch on.
If that was the intention it's still really goddamn epileptic.
Mmmmm people would totally suggest that too, it's the classic Kyoani is being meta phase at work here and there is some plausibility to it Love it. I could totally see Kyoani attempting to be meta/deep and spark a meme and discussion about the composition of the opening while missing the point of what an opening is supposed to do altogether. Namely be an eye catcher that gets people interested in the show that is about to proceed it and maybe a bit of sakuga animation to admire, not questioning why it was made the way it is in the first place and struggling to actually maintain eye contact with the screen displaying it. Oh Kyoani, I know I'm not your biggest fan and I regularly find myself diametrically opposed to everything you try to do in your shows, but you're my favorite sometimes.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 14:14   Link #702
Cloudenvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
At least the OP has some novelty in it.
I'd honestly rather have a super generic and forgettable OP than one which gets its novelty from making me uncomfortable.
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 14:22   Link #703
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
YouTube
The ending has strong resemblance to K-on!! ending style, with many "music cover" vibes left and right.
It was directed by Naoko Yamada who also did the ED for K-ON
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 14:24   Link #704
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 14:30   Link #705
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
this thing of genuine intellectual challenge
We need more of it.
Old 2012-10-03, 14:56   Link #706
apr
Pedestrian

Hilarious show. Feels like a spin on Haruhi.
Old 2012-10-03, 14:56   Link #707
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

to decribe the first ep it would be denpa onna with kashiwada naoki as the male lead, not a bad thing, since originality is something very rare in anime nowadays, specially lightnovel adaptations, so everything falls into production, and i really enjoyed it, its been a while since iv'e seen a kyoani anime visual and musical presentation that i really enjoyed, the cast was also great but i still have a problem relating yuuta's voice and face.
Old 2012-10-03, 15:09   Link #708
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Ok, that OP will almost surely get a pass from me every episode. I liked the ED a lot more, musically and visually. That could be because I like both Listen!! and No Thank You! from K-On!!, both of which are enjoyable bubble gum pop rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
There's a couple of these low angle knee/ass shots of girls skirts bouncing around just above their knees while just managing to avoid showing any skin.
I don't know... Ero kawaii? Or rather, ero moe. Showing panties would be going too far because the point is to have the viewer experience feelings of moe, and an erection is not a feeling.

Bakemonogatari still had good old tits and ass fanservice while KyoAni seems to opt for striped rice bowls and sport uniforms.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-10-03 at 17:10.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 15:09   Link #709
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Can't wait for Dakimakura for this show
Images
Old 2012-10-03, 15:33   Link #710
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also something that bears mentioning, they clearly love their almost ecchi fan service in intros, but especially outros. There's a couple of these low angle knee/ass shots of girls skirts bouncing around just above their knees while just managing to avoid showing any skin. What was it people called this back in the day....Kyoani maintaining purity? Not that I care or am the type to be offended by fanservice, but the suggestive intent is obvious anyway and there will eventually be collectors figures, dojin art and merchandise, so why maintain this pretense of purity always? Why even include those shots if it's supposed to be pure and cute in terms of content? Just something I've never understood or why it's oft-held to be a more pure and acceptable form of fan service that Kyoani employs, but maybe I shouldn't start a debate topic this soon into the thread, that typically doesn't end well under these circumstances.
Nothing worse than a half assed ass shot. Frilly skirts and deliberate shots with it just made me annoyed as of late. That stuff grates on my nerves even though I really shouldn't be watching it for that. Then again, the designs don't really have me wanting fanservice either

I suppose something I gather from their anime is that attempt at maintaining purity to the extent where sexuality and moe are exclusive, and I really feel they are not. I mean not all examples off showing off a character's sexiness should demand arousal of course but they certainly are aspects that should combine together within the same person. Haruhi is a very notable exception at least, but sometimes it's played with too. I do think their work with Key are the worst offenders though to the point where it becomes almost sterilized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
I don't know... Ero kawaii? Or rather, ero moe. Showing panties would be going too far because the point is to have the viewer experience feelings of moe, and an erection is not a feeling.

Bakemonogatari still had good old tits and ass fanservice while Kyoani seems to opt for striped rice bowls and sport uniforms.
Oh it's certainly a feeling, just not the right one... to some at least.

Then again, I'm talking about arousing things in anime, and as we all know, most of the time when anime tries to be sexual, it ends up as comedy. I also feel that most anime is far better at being suggestive than anything else. Whether it's due to some kind of social attitude towards sex or the audience's attitude towards sex is something I don't have the evidence to bring up. This isn't exclusive to Kyoani other, I suppose.

Monogatari I guess jumps to the other end. That didn't work for me because it was too in my face and got desensitized.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 15:58   Link #711
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
Can't wait for Dakimakura for this show
Images
aw meh gawd, cute as fack.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 16:04   Link #712
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2012-10-03, 16:20   Link #713
Kirarakim

RRW I am standing here at the bus stop cracking up. People are giving me strange looks because of you.
Old 2012-10-03, 16:36   Link #714
leokiko

ROFLMAO. My exact reaction to that crappy opening. Way to ruin a good song, KyoAni people.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 16:40   Link #715
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
*snipped*
Meh. I turned this over in my head but couldn't manage a more coherent post. Rationalization for KyoAni's half assed ass shots in a "cute" show could simply be that they do indeed feel they are "more acceptable". Certainly the nature of fanservice in moe shows has changed in that it's no longer simply about overt sexuality and more about generating that hhnng feeling.

I think fanservice in anime is an interesting topic, and now I can't sleep because I can't get the concept (or picture) out of my head

Anyways, first episode is here, so I'm off to fully indulge myself in Rikka's delicious thighs.

edit: Well. First episode was mostly harmless. I do find the chuunibyou behaviour more annyoing than cute, but the episode still flew by. KyoAni has a way of getting me hooked with their characters; a few K-On!! rewatches are testament to that.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-10-03 at 17:10.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 18:15   Link #716
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

I was thinking my expectations are too high for this show, but Kyoani managed to completely win me over within the first 5 minutes again. OP/ED are awesome, and Rikka is way cuter than I thought she could be. Her chuunibyou tick is something that I could've imagined to be annoyed about, but they really know how to properly portrait characters in an incomparable adorable way at kyoto.

It's a bit early to say, but this is probably going to be among my favorite shows of the season. Can't wait for the next episodes and the introduction of the side characters.
Images
one of her many glorious moments
Old 2012-10-03, 18:18   Link #717
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! BDs/DVDs to Have Unaired Shorts
Old 2012-10-03, 18:19   Link #718
halibonga

will re-watch this episode at least 5 times before going to sleep

i guess that pretty much sums up how i feel about this ep
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 18:23   Link #719
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quite different from the novel. At the moment, it'd be simpler to say that only about four scenes/concepts were kept from the novel. The dialogue itself changed. My initial impression of the episode was "Whoa. This feels different, yet somewhat similar."

Overall, I feel the general characteristics of that characters were kept (with one big exception, but I'm not spoiling that in the anime thread). Everyone sounds as I expected them to. Would've liked more Nibutani (and one scene specifically), but what can I say? I enjoyed it, though I'd have to re-watch it once it becomes more comfortable and natural to me to offer a better opinion.

This is definitely a KyoAni original series. Outside of characteristics, it's original to Ishihara/Hanada in my eyes.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 18:42   Link #720
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gotta love those exaggeration reaction. definitely better than what i am expected. the sound composer is amazing! so many cute and funny moment at same time. i also like little bit drama at the end. thought i really think trowing that giant sword is a wasted.

also is been long time i see a moe mom :3

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen