AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 17:53   Link #1201
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The place where the computer might be the same but why would she open it up to check the mech when she know it is from her company.
Good question. What we know is that whatever she saw was something she was expecting to see (she says so herself). So this was a confirmation for her, but a confirmation of what exactly, we don't know.

I still think it comes from her company though, otherwise I don't see how she would know what to expect.
Old 2012-06-04, 17:55   Link #1202
mochichan

Quote:
The place where the computer might be the same but why would she open it up to check the mech when she know it is from her company.
It just showed that she looked at it or checked it out to reconfirm her suspicion about the mechs

what puzzle me is since AKB0048 probably screen their trainees, how come they didn't realize who Chieri is?
Being the rich daughter of a big company that fund DES weapons would kinda be a huge flag. Or maybe they know who she is and thought this would be a great addition to have someone with inside knowledge or can incapacitate Chieri's dad to stop supporting DES who's going to hurt his daughter ? Or it's just like "doesn't matter who they are, as long as they wish to sing, they should reach for their dream" or something cheesy like that
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 18:03   Link #1203
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Or it's just like "doesn't matter who they are, as long as they wish to sing, they should reach for their dream" or something cheesy like that
Given Tsubasa's reasoning for accepting Sonata, that seems the most likely explanation.

I am wondering, though... given that the understudies will eventually become successors and take on the successor's name and all, wouldn't it be a bit counterproductive for them to be known to the public by their real names now? After all, they can (and do) gain fans just for being themselves, so wouldn't the fact that they're going to train to alter their personalities to become someone else make that a bad thing?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 18:44   Link #1204
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Given Tsubasa's reasoning for accepting Sonata, that seems the most likely explanation.

I am wondering, though... given that the understudies will eventually become successors and take on the successor's name and all, wouldn't it be a bit counterproductive for them to be known to the public by their real names now? After all, they can (and do) gain fans just for being themselves, so wouldn't the fact that they're going to train to alter their personalities to become someone else make that a bad thing?
Well since the main trainees now have similar traits with the real AKB members, I don't think they have to work that much to alter personalities. More like the ones that succeed the members must already have some core traits similar to them.

IDK if the qualification is the trainee have to be EXACTLY like the member....i've just got the feeling that as long as they understand the main qualities that make the AKB members who they are, they can still succeed them while retaining their personality as well....of course there's Tomochin successors who take things to like a really serious level..
Old 2012-06-04, 22:05   Link #1205
sa547
*Author

The Toyota van in one shot had itasha detailing in the rear: Mayuyu is depicted as a robot.

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2012-06-04, 22:42   Link #1206
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Sorry, the kid doesn't get a pass from me. Hunt him down and beat his face in.
Yeah, I agree, he's pretty firmly in Shitheadville. I know the fact that he's a prick only because of his love for that former idol is supposed to be redemptive, but he carried things way too far for that to hold ground as any kind of excuse.

Fun episode as always, though the message of the episode did annoy me a bit. Haters are kind in their own way? Uh, no they aren't. They might be helpful, but 'kind' isn't really the word to use for them when their intention isn't to help but insult and degrade. I get irritated sometimes with the giant hard-on Japan seems to have for 'tough love' (Which has its time and place, but I don't think it should used when it's unnecessary), so the episode was preaching a moral that tends to grate on me to begin with... but yeah. Hateful criticism can be helpful, but it's stupid to say there's any kindness in scathingly insulting people with no desire to help them and every intention to break their spirit. The kid was being a little shit and so is anyone who acts the way he does, regardless of whatever positive impact their behavior might have.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 23:50   Link #1207
mochichan

The idea I got from the message is that no matter what the haters say, use their criticisms to grow and be stronger.

Of course the haters are kind thing is a little exaggerating, there's really cruel haters out there that won't even try to know them but talk shit about them constantly. But in this ep, I don't find myself hating or get mad at the kid, even with that bomb thread. He was being dumb, but his intention didn't come from a malice place. More like an insecure fan that can't deal with the idea of Sashi being replace. It doesn't excuse his action tho.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-05 at 00:02.
Old 2012-06-05, 00:07   Link #1208
Raiga
tl;dr

Eh, I'd chalk it up to Orine's idealism. She's not as cynical as somebody like Yuuka, who would probably agree that, "The people are jerks but what they say is sometimes useful." Orine is one of those "everyone's really a nice person deep down" sort of characters. I think the moral was more about taking criticism and not letting the hatred get to you, and not about how even the mean people are nice.

Man, with the way they paced the action scene in the second half, the characters were practically singing along with the insert song.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:46   Link #1209
sa547
*Author

I hope that kid hasn't seen her oshimen/goddess dressed this way (yeah, that's Sashihara from the Kagome veggie juice ad promo).
Old 2012-06-05, 04:41   Link #1210
chaosprophet

Regarding this episode haters message, I guess it's more because the kind of hater the kid is. His hate for Orine was because he saw her saying she wants to become Sasshi, even though she was nowhere the level of the Sasshi he loves so much, as a insult.

While I won't say he was right in his action, it's still better than some other kinds of haters (and different from those he is the kind who criticism may be helpful like in ep 6). For instance people who hates anything that is popular, or those who act like haters because they have fun seeing others suffering / down.
Old 2012-06-05, 05:38   Link #1211
sa547
*Author

Information on the upcoming Blu-Ray/DVD release:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9991.html#more
Old 2012-06-05, 06:02   Link #1212
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Oh....I don't think that's an attempt to create Yuri.....Yuko is a pervert...

It's like....she think girls are cute and just like to touch them. It's not really Yuri..but her perverted 30 yrs old men personality is pretty famous and she's pretty touchy with other girls. Especially Kojima Haruna

Spoiler for kojiyuu:

I think threats like that can be common..not bombs...tho hard to rule it out since management could keep it under secret... but some haters do go to some great length to injure celeb. A Korean idol Yunho got poisoned with super glue

Of course...Kpop fandom and korean idol fandom is full of crazier people than the Jpop idol scene so the extend is worst.
I have heard cases of fans coming up to the girls at handshake event and insult them because idols like the 48 are much easier target to criticism because of their regular handshake events. Coincidentally the story line of this ep coincide with this incident, pretty sure there's some inspiration from real life events of antis at AKB handshake...

Which make me wonder what's the point? spending $20 just to diss them to their face? wow....
Wow... I'd never seen someone actually act like that; where was that in my school? Are all the girls made true like that? How many meals can the real Mayuyu eat in one sitting?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 07:40   Link #1213
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Information on the upcoming Blu-Ray/DVD release:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9991.html#more
They also updated this on the main site.

Stage 1 Director's cut version, 28 minutes long (one minute longer than last time they posted) + 38 mins of extras videos (seems to be composed of many things like the PVs for the anime, auditions, etc);
Audio commentary;
Something to be used by who buys all volumes to participate in a special event;
Character AR card (not sure what this is), comes with only 1 random from a set of 9 different cards;
16-page booklet;
A box to store all the volumes.
Old 2012-06-05, 07:47   Link #1214
zero7090

lolz missilelume, "you are my first hater" ...
the cheessy level just shoot over 9000 in this ep

p/s: they should make the "dragon slaying" more epic
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:24   Link #1215
mechdra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
They also updated this on the main site.

Stage 1 Director's cut version, 28 minutes long (one minute longer than last time they posted) + 38 mins of extras videos (seems to be composed of many things like the PVs for the anime, auditions, etc);
Audio commentary;
Something to be used by who buys all volumes to participate in a special event;
Character AR card (not sure what this is), comes with only 1 random from a set of 9 different cards;
16-page booklet;
A box to store all the volumes.
When I see special event, I got a bad feeling that wota will buy a dozen of those BD/DVD for the sake of the event.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:45   Link #1216
chaosprophet

Quote:
When I see special event, I got a bad feeling that wota will buy a dozen of those BD/DVD for the sake of the event.
What i meant with that was like, some kind of ticket proving you brought it that you need to gather from each volume to be able to participate on the special event. So there would be no point in buying more than one for each volume for the event.

I can see some people buying many to get all the 9 cards XD.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:27   Link #1217
mochichan

Nah I'm pretty sure there's not alot of fans buying multiple vers even to get the cards. They're already spend their money on AKB new single/election/sub unit releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Wow... I'd never seen someone actually act like that; where was that in my school? Are all the girls made true like that? How many meals can the real Mayuyu eat in one sitting?
Kojiharu airhead personality is real. So is Sayaka's...eagerness XD
The whole "hold their hand tight, keep eye contact, and smile" moment was pure intense Sayaka
IDK about the Mayuyu thing...I've never heard her being a big eater like Acchan...the Mayuyu touching Sonana's butt maybe part of her Oshiri personality with Yuko. They both like grabbing members butt....
Old 2012-06-05, 11:32   Link #1218
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Better episode than last time, for sure. I even cried when Orine gets her first fan after being traumatized by her first hater.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 13:34   Link #1219
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
GodDAMN you Sankaku Complex. Because of you, every time I hear "handshaking event" I think of THAT. GODDAMN YOU TO HELL!!!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 14:54   Link #1220
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
GodDAMN you Sankaku Complex. Because of you, every time I hear "handshaking event" I think of THAT. GODDAMN YOU TO HELL!!!
Don't remind me...Sankaku is such a shitty sensationalist news site.
The semen thing isn't even AKB, it's S/mileage but they spread fake rumors..

sigh...but yeah....other idol groups need better security. In AKB handshake, they personally check you and then give you handsanitizers and the girls use them as well before you can even get a handshake..
Handshake events should be about meeting the idol you like and to show them support, not to start shit and traumatize the girls. Some fans can be as bad as haters.

BTW. a friend pointed out something..some of the girls from the preview look like certain AKB girls. So they're definitely rivals to the KKS members, I can spot few similarities.

Like the girl with the lemon on her head look like Ichikawa Miori , AKB48's chibi who's 18 but look like she's 10 with a head smaller than a basketball.. (she's super small~ not kidding, I seen her in real life)
Miori is known for her love of lemon ..hence the nickname Lemon so I see some resemblance there.

And my friend said the girl on the far left with black hair look kinda like Matsui Jurina, SKE ace and AKB front girl. who's actually 14 but look way older..

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime