AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-18, 10:46   Link #361
Lost

Well I started watching Nana on a whim, guess I needed some serious drama slice of life, and I must say that the first thing that struck me was Nana's stringy legs in the OP, and then the rest of the people-art; not that its a bad thing, I'm starting to like the almost gothic-ly thin and doll-like art style of the people ~ reminds me of Tim Burton's works where they all look dead and starved. But I'm sure that this has been discussed to death.

Anyway, glad to join a new thread, hope my busy schedule will allow me to catch up to the current releases as soon as possible.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 20:34   Link #362
Omniscient

Episode 15 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 23:10   Link #363
Ztarr

Spoiler for episode 14:
Ztarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 20:33   Link #364
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, episode 15 was rather nice. I agree with Omni that the quality of animation slipped somewhat, but it was still an enjoyable episode.

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 21:19   Link #365
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler for episode 15:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 23:44   Link #366
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for episode 15:

Last edited by Sinestra; 2006-07-23 at 12:54.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 08:56   Link #367
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

This series is starting to turn into a drug for me.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 10:36   Link #368
Lost

Tell me about it. Only on episode 5, already loving the episode 4/5 Nano-O arc.. Seriously, is this character development or what. Love Yasu's "analysis" (if it can be called that) at the start of ep5; interesting, not just the two main characters get developed, you get to understand everyone else around them.

Damn I feel for Nana. Seriously good show. Wonderful ep (5), the deepest yet.
Old 2006-07-23, 18:08   Link #369
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Wow, wow, wow, wait a second.

Is Misato-chan from episode 15 the same Misato-chan that gave Nana a birthday present back in episode 4, when Blast was still together?

Damn, that's what a call dedication (I also call that stalker!)
Old 2006-07-23, 18:26   Link #370
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Is Misato-chan from episode 15 the same Misato-chan that gave Nana a birthday present back in episode 4, when Blast was still together?
Of course she is the same fangirl/stalker. Don't tell me you had forgotten her?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 19:13   Link #371
ZODDGUTS

That girl (Misato) seems a bit "iffy" especially recently in the manga. But I won't spoil it for you though hell even I don't know either as to what she's hiding from Nana...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 19:21   Link #372
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I did forget her completely, but I decided to read the manga and just came by her in volume 1. 8)

PS: And since we are on the manga issue, damn, it's a shame they pretty much left out the Junko's Room omake. That was hella funny.
Old 2006-07-23, 19:34   Link #373
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I did forget her completely, but I decided to read the manga and just came by her in volume 1. 8)

PS: And since we are on the manga issue, damn, it's a shame they pretty much left out the Junko's Room omake. That was hella funny.
Yeah there pretty damn funny especially George's appreance.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 04:19   Link #374
lockey2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
This series is starting to turn into a drug for me.
But no negative side effects. Even when Hachi gets her heart broken, I still walk away feeling a bit stronger. ^___^
lockey2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 08:32   Link #375
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Wow, wow, wow, wait a second.

Damn, that's what a call dedication (I also call that stalker!)
She cooked a cake for Nana in episode five after Blast's breakup, and presumably wrote the letter below, so she knew about Nana's break up with Ren; going as far to encourage her to contact him. So, talk about stalking..

Old 2006-07-24, 16:00   Link #376
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

NANA has crept back into the top ten anime in TV rankings in Japan this week, at number 9, with a 4.3 share. This is seriously fantastic. Almost no late-night animes ever get into the top ten, which is filled with Saturday-morning and early-weekday-evening shows like Doraemon, Naruto, Crayon Shin-chan, etc. NANA's on at 11:25pm Wednesdays. The latest any other top-ten anime is on is 7:30pm.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 20:04   Link #377
howzitboy

its top 10 cuz it rocks!! i hope we get past the "movie" parts so its all new stuff (for us non manga readers).
episode 15 started slow and then took off like a rocket! darn i love this show.
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 12:11   Link #378
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Yep....right now my two favorites are Honey and Clover II and this and they're
both emotional explosions right now. Ah, life is good!

I was unaware that Nana would be FIFTY episodes! LOTS of room for things
to happen.
Old 2006-07-26, 12:22   Link #379
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
I was unaware that Nana would be FIFTY episodes! LOTS of room for things to happen.
A bo-o-oy do things happen!

I could not believe that the story would go in this direction when I read the manga, and I can't want to see it animated.
Old 2006-07-26, 14:28   Link #380
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
Yep....right now my two favorites are Honey and Clover II and this and they're both emotional explosions right now. Ah, life is good!...
Add Simoun and Bokura ga Ita to that list and you've got my week of high-class emotional intensity. What a great ep 15 was.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance