AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 15:26   Link #401
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The Devil Gundam was the most powerful. The entirety of Earth's Gundam's banding together to fight it wasn't even enough to defeat it, Domon had to talk it out with Rain.

I give a rundown on MS and MA too by the way.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 15:30   Link #402
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The Devil Gundam was the most powerful. The entirety of Earth's Gundam's banding together to fight it wasn't even enough to defeat it, Domon had to talk it out with Rain.

I give a rundown on MS and MA too by the way.
G-Gundam goes to show that its best to talk it out with your girl instead of fighting with her. Yay, moral victory!

I think if Turn A/Turn X and Devil Gundam to go mano-a-mano, they'd be stuck in an endless cycle of the Moonlight Butterfly eating the Devil Gundam, only for the DG Cells to continuously regenerate it.

But, granted by the sheer size and destructive might of the Devil Gundam, it'd likely win. D:
Old 2008-11-06, 15:50   Link #403
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The thing is, we weren't discussing what the most powerful Gundam is. A question was asked saying what is the strongest MS that's not a Gundam, and then another question about the Turn A.
Old 2008-11-06, 23:48   Link #404
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

psycho haro but it is not in any anime though
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 00:01   Link #405
UltimateClash

Regarding the strongest Gundam type ever, it definitly goes to the Turn-A. Go scope out it's full capabilites from the Turn A sidestories.

The one thing that comes to mind right now ( I have the list somewhere) is that with Loran, the Turn-A never used more then 5% of it's total power, when it destroyed all technology on earth it was at 20% power and 100% power destroys everything from earth to jupiter.

Also, Teleportation.
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 01:21   Link #406
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well here are the candidates that I can think of for most powerful non Gundam MS:

ZMT-S34S Rig ContioRig Contio
MSN-04 Sazabi
ZMT-S33S Gottrlatan
OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III
GNMA-XCVII Alvatore
GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron

And of course the afformentioned Turn X, which may or may not in fact be a Gundam.

.....By the way, in case anyone was ever wondering there is an internal consistency to all of those model numbers. You can read about it here. The link does work it just might take a while because it's using a web archive since Gundam Project died over 6 years ago, which coincidently (or not) is right around the time it stopped being okay to admit you were a Gundam fan on the internet without adding some sort of "but" clause to the why. Go figure.
Old 2008-11-07, 01:32   Link #407
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
The link does work it just might take a while because it's using a web archive since Gundam Project died over 6 years ago, which coincidently (or not) is right around the time it stopped being okay to admit you were a Gundam fan on the internet without adding some sort of "but" clause to the why. Go figure.
Wait, what? Why in the hell would you need to add a "but" clause to your reasons for liking Gundam?
Old 2008-11-07, 02:18   Link #408
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Wait, what? Why in the hell would you need to add a "but" clause to your reasons for liking Gundam?
Because while I'm pretty sure that on some level every anime fan likes Gundam, some are afraid to admit it to the crowd because it has a stigma of being nothing more than a toy commercial/action series.
Old 2008-11-07, 03:53   Link #409
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Because while I'm pretty sure that on some level every anime fan likes Gundam, some are afraid to admit it to the crowd because it has a stigma of being nothing more than a toy commercial/action series.
Wow, that sounds incredibly petty and typical of humanity. Can't even like something anymore, need to list reasons why its bad... feh.
Old 2008-11-07, 04:45   Link #410
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ignoring the Moonlight Butterfly, Turn A was a pretty impressive MS (it is my all time favorite after all). When we do see it in battle, it was pretty much always on top and on the winning side, though we never really see it being pushed to the extreme of what it can do (i'm not including the last battle against Turn X). A shame we never see a full on fight between Harry Ord and his Gold SUMO. That would have been one to see.

Also, Loran's piloting abilities just kept on increasing as the show progressed.
And I'm more than willing to bet that not all of Turn-A's abilities have been explored or used by Loran, even by the final fight with Gym and his Turn-X.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 07:21   Link #411
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Regarding the Turn X, I'm pretty sure it is a Gundam. IT does have a Gundam face under its visor/head cover. Its noticible during, I think, the 2nd last or even last episode of Turn A (When Turn X powers up, the face is noticeable for a few seconds)
Old 2008-11-10, 15:39   Link #412
kiitee

I hope this is the right thread.

Ive been wanting to watch the older Gundam Series... But I cant seem to find it anywhere!

Can someone send me a link or help me find it... also what one should I start off? I was thinking the original.. but I dont want to watch boring series.

Once again hope this isnt spam :S
kiitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 15:43   Link #413
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Since you are new here:

Quote:
The following Gundam series are either commercially available or licensed and awaiting release. While there are no issues with the series being discussed, anyone doing the following will recieve a ban with no warning or notice.
-Asking where you can find Gundam downloads.
-Mention of Gundam fansub groups (past or present).
-Requesting help in downloading Gundam series.
-Requesting assistance in file playback for Gundam series.
-These rules apply to licensed titles only!
If a Mod notices anyone breaking these rules then expect to be banned from the forums. It's unlikely a warning will be given and do not expect to be notified, you will just be banned. We've had to many people already break these rules and it's the only practical way to deal with the situation.
Old 2008-11-10, 15:46   Link #414
kiitee

Thanks for that :S

Well I'm off this forum if I cant do that.
kiitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 23:07   Link #415
Registered Member

Why isn't Setsuna allowed to use Trans-Am in the 00?
Registered Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 23:37   Link #416
Cherudim Arche

Did they ever explain the Nena Trinity and her two brothers on their abilities?
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 23:43   Link #417
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Why isn't Setsuna allowed to use Trans-Am in the 00?
Due to the function of Trans-AM, combined with the sheer magnitude of the Twin Drive System's GN-particle production rate coupled with its current instability, if something goes wrong, Trans-AM could overload the mobile suit and cause it to explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Did they ever explain the Nena Trinity and her two brothers on their abilities?
The only thing we know is that Nena has quantum brainwaves. Its possible her brothers did, too.
Old 2008-11-11, 05:58   Link #418
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Is the smoke used by the GN-X III (in episode 2) to disable the 00’s beam the same as the one used by the Thrones in the past (episode 22)?
Old 2008-11-11, 14:01   Link #419
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Is the smoke used by the GN-X III (in episode 2) to disable the 00’s beam the same as the one used by the Thrones in the past (episode 22)?
I don't think so. The color's different, and the Throne pilots only used it as a smoke screen, looks like.
Old 2008-11-11, 18:17   Link #420
skyman747

A blog I visit has started writing about s2, so I am wondering whether I can just jump into s2 right away or if it would be best to watch through the first season.
skyman747 is offline   Reply With Quote