AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2008-03-04, 21:53   Link #201
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Ok so then more items you buy longer it takes then?.
But i am wondering i can easily navigate through amazon.co.jp but i am wondering can anyone from the UK or US order from it and how long will it take and stuff like that, if you can help because i don't want to order from there before i know peoples experiences of how it went, also i would like to know your opinion what is better for manga and shipping time (Amazon.co.jp OR YesAsia.com).
It depends on what books you're trying to order from YesAsia. Their stocking is pretty bad on Japanese manga based on my experiences. Can have you wait 2 to 3 weeks just to tell you they "can't find the item" and cancel it out of your order. (Happened to me 2 out of 2 times I tried to buy Japanese manga there. Yea.)

Amazon JP is fair, but their shipping suck like no hell. Overpriced over any other places I shop. And they've limited their shipping to EMS only, which sometimes when you want a cheaper shipping, isn't exactly the shipping method you should look at. ...I do suggest Amazon JP though if you're trying to buy CDs only they have. (Now only if they would ship softwares oversea... I want KAITO, dammit.)

If you want to buy Japanese books, and can understand Japanese, I suggest the following:

bk1 - Need credit/debit card, various shipping, books usually in stock, books removed from listing if it's temporary (or permanently) out of stock. Orders usually processed and shipped two to three business days after the order if all books in the order are marked "24H". If you pick airmail for shipping, item will usually arrive in a week. (My location = east shore USA)

Mangaoh Club - Need credit/debit card, EMS shipping only, accept order for all books listed on their list even if the book is temporary out of stock (so you can order it and have them look it up for you). ...VERY fast order processing and shipping if your books are all in stock. And I mean really really fast. 4 days top for shipping to your house, since your only choice is EMS.

I usually order from bk1 because they have non-EMS shipping methods, but if I really want a book right away and it's out of stock on bk1, I'd head over to Mangaoh and buy from there. Oh, you get a really niffy paper bag with your books in it from Mangaoh. xDD (I can't tell whole the artist is, but it seemed like the early Final Fantasy games' illustraion style.)

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-03-04 at 22:11.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 08:43   Link #202
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

thanks .
I ahve found a website called animaxis.com and it stocks jap book like bleach 32 etc.. but not amazing amount of stock though, it says it ships to UK but im wondering how long will it take???
also does bk1 ship to UK???
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:16   Link #203
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

looking for some Mail Service price compare~~~

any idea of how much to shop at"BK1"
and what are the"Mangaoh Club "charging
EMS sound evily fast!?but Bk1 are still fast enought(but their charge shipping unit,i wonder about the price of it)
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:36   Link #204
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by chison View Post
looking for some Mail Service price compare~~~

any idea of how much to shop at"BK1"
and what are the"Mangaoh Club "charging
EMS sound evily fast!?but Bk1 are still fast enought(but their charge shipping unit,i wonder about the price of it)
Shipping charge depends on the shipping method you chooses and how heavy your package is.

- EMS rate (Asia / Oceania・North America・Mid(?) America・Middle East / Europe / North America・Africa)
- Airmail rate (Asia / Oceania・North America・Mid(?) America・Middle East・Europe / North America・Africa)

See EMS rate for Mangaoh's shipping.
Old 2008-03-12, 15:18   Link #205
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

any example please....Asamidori?

anyway,three book A4 arrived at my house today...^^
yesasia
Order Date Feb24
ship out at March5
arrived at March 12

[コミッカーズアートスタイル Vol.1]
[マンガ構成術 ストーリーメイキングガイド]
[マンガのしくみ ]
USD 91.23
Old 2008-03-13, 18:46   Link #206
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Newest shipment from bk1:

B6 x 5, A4 x 1, all marked "24h".

Book total - 5,469 yen
Shipping - 2,760 yen @ airmail
Ordered - 2008/02/06
Shipped - 2008/02/07

Don't remember when it arrived. Probably about a week?

Edit:

Exchange rate on Feb. 7: 1 USD - 106.8138 JPY

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-03-13 at 18:57.
Old 2008-03-15, 00:18   Link #207
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

is there a good place in the US to order Manga in Chinese or a good place int he bay area that sells them?

Edit: i should have said other then YesAsia. Shipping is too high.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2008-03-15 at 00:36.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 00:34   Link #208
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is there a good place in the US to order Manga in Chinese or a good place int he bay area that sells them?
YesAsia.

Chinese manga - YesAsia.
Non-Chinese manga - Anywhere but YesAsia.
Old 2008-03-23, 18:35   Link #209
Zoe

Any opinions on the best Yahoo proxy bidders for manga? There are a lot of series I need to catch up on before I can start buying the individual volumes.

(plus a lot of what I want is out of print )
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 13:35   Link #210
aodu
<>!SOS団!<>

Send a message via MSN to aodu
Where to buy japanese light novels online? (spice and wolf)

I went to local stores and find out that they charge insanely high for the exchange rates (i live in canada) so I'm wondering if anybody know any sites to order specifically Japanese light novels (I'm currently looking for Spice and Wolf)

I tried Amazon.co.jp and the price is fair but I don't really understand how their shipping would work outside of japan for bulks (6 books im ordering) so if anybody could enlighten me that would be great =)

Also any ideas of other sites that I can order from would be smashing.

THank you in advance
aodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:28   Link #211
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Any opinions on the best Yahoo proxy bidders for manga? There are a lot of series I need to catch up on before I can start buying the individual volumes.

(plus a lot of what I want is out of print )
Personally I uses Crescent Trading for proxy. =X

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodu View Post
I went to local stores and find out that they charge insanely high for the exchange rates (i live in canada) so I'm wondering if anybody know any sites to order specifically Japanese light novels (I'm currently looking for Spice and Wolf)

I tried Amazon.co.jp and the price is fair but I don't really understand how their shipping would work outside of japan for bulks (6 books im ordering) so if anybody could enlighten me that would be great =)

Also any ideas of other sites that I can order from would be smashing.

THank you in advance
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=201

>.>
Old 2008-04-09, 17:38   Link #212
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

come to think of it,yesasia have free shipping,but they don't change the orginal prize...

ahhh...anyway,bought 10 books and my parents starting to worry...(i thought i just stated...)
Old 2008-04-11, 16:26   Link #213
Ketchup11
~Mikuness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chison View Post
come to think of it,yesasia have free shipping,but they don't change the orginal prize...

ahhh...anyway,bought 10 books and my parents starting to worry...(i thought i just stated...)
That's true, there is free worldwide shipping, but they're a bit overpriced. I guess it's reasonable.
Ketchup11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:01   Link #214
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
bk1 - Need credit/debit card, various shipping, books usually in stock, books removed from listing if it's temporary (or permanently) out of stock. Orders usually processed and shipped two to three business days after the order if all books in the order are marked "24H". If you pick airmail for shipping, item will usually arrive in a week. (My location = east shore USA)
Is there anywhere on the site where you can estimate the weight of the books? I tried to do a test order, and it took me all the way to the last confirmation without giving a shipping amount :\
Old 2008-04-13, 05:15   Link #215
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup11 View Post
That's true, there is free worldwide shipping, but they're a bit overpriced. I guess it's reasonable.
if they charge over,then it might be just the same money to buy a few book with EMS in the other shop,just needs to find a formule ~~

Quote:
Is there anywhere on the site where you can estimate the weight of the books? I tried to do a test order, and it took me all the way to the last confirmation without giving a shipping amount :\
some shop don't add a weight tag in~(but most have page number and size)
page number and size might be easiler for sites that don't give weight information
Old 2008-04-13, 08:39   Link #216
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Anyone know where to get monthly manga magazines like Jump Square, Comptiq, ect. besides Amazon.co.jp?

The shipping is killing me.
MatriXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 06:57   Link #217
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
They have to manually calculate the book weights, since there really isn't a "uniform" weight to books. (This goes for all book stores/hobby shops/etc. located in Japan, not just book stores. The only exceptions are Amazon JP and CD shops, with them having set shipping for each type of items.)

They give you a quick chart in their help page, which translates to this:

通常コミック:150~200グラム前後 / Normal (shoujo ones/NPB): around 150~200 grams
B6版コミック:150~200グラム前後 / B6 size: around 150~200 grams
A5版コミック:200~350グラム前後 / A5 size: around 200~350 grams
文庫:150~200グラム前後 / Novel: around 150~200 grams
新書:200~250グラム前後 / Shishou (173x105mm): 200~250 grams
文芸書:500~700グラム前後 / Literature?: 500~700 grams

Other than the books, they also have to calculate in the package weight before they can give you the total. The package weight usually weights lighter than one B6 if they uses a box, even less if they uses the paper envelope. (I haven't seen them use the envelope in a while now though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriXX View Post
Anyone know where to get monthly manga magazines like Jump Square, Comptiq, ect. besides Amazon.co.jp?

The shipping is killing me.
つ【bk1 Monthly Magazine Subscription for oversea users
Old 2008-04-19, 21:53   Link #218
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Thank you very much!

This is far more reasonable and it has a really nice selection.
MatriXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 18:11   Link #219
andy92

anyone know where i could buy
the world of narue
or
narue no sekai
andy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 19:04   Link #220
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriXX View Post
Thank you very much!

This is far more reasonable and it has a really nice selection.
Have you given this a try yet? I would be interested in finding out how much it's running you.

Tags
buying, import, japanese language, manga