AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 18:11   Link #3421
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

He's only one of the smartest characters cause almost everyone else has fighting on the brain.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 01:12   Link #3422
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The thing about first punches don't make sense to me physically, when you provoke someone that to me is already a first punch. Since you started the conflict, doesn't matter if you haven't physically harm someone, because you started it. Childish as it may its the truth.
He didn't call them Mobzaki or Creepkawa. They're the ones who chose to escalate things because they thought they had the upper hand.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 05:09   Link #3423
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

He chose to call them out cause HE thought he had the upper hand

Old 2012-09-14, 08:01   Link #3424
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
He chose to call them out cause HE thought he had the upper hand
Yeah, I can see what you mean.

Furuichi was most certainly the one who called them out to the corridor for a beat down

Quote:
I've seen bullying first hand, compared to Furuichi I would say at a scale of 1 to 10 on bullying its a 2.
I'd say closer to a 3 or a 4, but whatever. You've got a point, its not as bad as some bullying can be. Its still bullying.

Quote:
The thing about first punches don't make sense to me physically, when you provoke someone that to me is already a first punch. Since you started the conflict, doesn't matter if you haven't physically harm someone, because you started it. Childish as it may its the truth.
This is a matter of opinion, I think. For me, there's a distinct wall between trading insults and trading fists. Kanzaki and Himekawa have been insulting Furuichi for awhile, but as soon as he gets a little uppity, they call him out for a beat down.

I know Furuichi was spoiling for a fight, but they are still the one's who defaulted to "Let's double team the weakling to teach him his place".

It would be a different story if he was like this for days, looking down on them, calling them names and just generally being an asshole to them, cause then I could understand wanting to kick his ass. But he said like, 3 sentences to them, and only one was in any way an insult, and even then, its like calling someone child.

Actually, let me rerespond to that quote:

Quote:
So you are saying Himekawa and Kanzaki didn't start the conflict, when they are the ones who insulted him first?

From both points of view, they started this conflict.

From my point of view, those two have been calling furuichi a pervert and a loser, and when he returns with "Big baby" they go to slug him for it.

Quote:
As a moral choice, you would choose to use your new found power for good or something benefiting in the long run. Not make enemies.
I find it funny that you mention doing good, because one of the first things he does with his new found strength is to destroy a bunch of theives and intend to give the money back from the people they robbed it off.

This instantly makes him one of , like, 3 characters of the manga who have done a good deed for a nameless stranger.

Quote:
As for beating people up, he is shown to do it to show his power and attempts to reign over everyone.
Which is exactly what Kanzaki, Himekawa and god knows how many others do in this manga.

I'm starting to grasp why Furuichi went to Ishiyama now

More seriously, while true, we also know the reason behind his desire to reign over everyone, and that's because he's been looked down on, insulted and treated like crap for months now, and he doesn't deserve half the shit he gets.
Old 2012-09-14, 08:16   Link #3425
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Furuichi is like the less homicidal version of Carrie. At first you feel sorry for Carrie/him/her and then as time goes on, you realise that they've become batshit insane/corruptedbypower/etc and then they get their comeuppance.

Long story short, once you start acting like an antagonist, people start losing sympathy for you

Old 2012-09-14, 10:00   Link #3426
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Correction. Furuichi is using his power to beat up people who attack him, and who have bullied him for weeks/months now. The fact that he provoked them is superfluous to the fact that, in every single encounter (bar maybe the MK5+1 one) he is not the instagator of physical violence.

And I can't stress this enough; Furuichi is acting a bit snobby, and its caused no less than 3 people to attack him!

I'm not going to deny he's being cocky, or that he's gone a little mad with power and is abusing it, but so far I don't think he's really done anything wrong. Anyone he's beat up deserves it to some degree.
Let's not forget that he glomped Aoi out of nowhere, unprovoked...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:33   Link #3427
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Good for you. But the rest of us have higher moral standards. I think the situation can be summed up like this, group X are like Peter parker right after he got his spider powers where he went around righting all the perceived insults to him while group Y are like Ben parker who basically think with great power should come great responsibility.

I'm not saying Himekawa and Kanzaki are saints, they're previous antagonists after all. I don't even like them. I just don't like people who go around shoving their weight around cause of a chip on their shoulder. What makes it worse in this case is that it's not his own power and he knows it. People are saying 'but but furuichi was treated so badly before', to which I say 'um, so? That makes it right how?'

Old 2012-09-14, 11:28   Link #3428
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
But the rest of us have double standards. I think the situation can be summed up like this, group X were perfectly fine with characters abusing their power and bullying the weak character (Furuichi) around. But now that the situation is reversed we suddenly have standards, but these standards only apply to one character Furuichi the rest of the cast get a free pass while group Y are like people who simply enjoy the arc and find it hard to believe that people suddenly have moral issues with the manga.
I just fixed the post (in red) for you.
Old 2012-09-14, 11:55   Link #3429
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I'm thinking for a while but if Furuichi dies at the end of arc due to over-using those hankies then he will go straight to the hell because being creep and stuff as some of you guys who labeled him in this way. After that he will be revived by Demon Lord when he see him in wrecked state and will be granted with some great powers and then he send him straight back to earth to get some revenge or wreak some havoc. That would be somehow interesting development if something like that were to happen, lol. Evil Furuichi bakcs from depth of hell sounds so hilarious.
Old 2012-09-14, 12:00   Link #3430
zibi88

well now furoichi acts cocky but what will he do when he runs out of those tisues... he pissed off everyone who is strong...and they wont let it go that easyly after that...

furoichi deserves punishment becouse he is surrounded by strong people...and he doesnt want to train and become on his own accord... like how satome wanted to train the boys... furoichi hide himself in the bushes.... and all he does is think of girls... and why they dont look on him and treat him like shit.... well he is shit in their eyes... he is weak and doesnt try to become better...

oga wasnt really bad and aoi started to like him on her own becouse he doesnt abuse power and hurt innocent people...and he reather takes the blow for someone then let those people get hurt

like we saw in the story about miki...oga in order to protect miki acted like he doesnt give a damn about him so the guys stopped bulling him since they lived in the same area as those bullies.... the same those guys attacked oga alone from now on..... so oga even throught was strong even without bell acted nice

but look on furuiuchi.... he got power and attacks everyone be it friend (oga) or old friend miki.... even thinks about one thing... "If I act strong and cool... every girl will fall for me instantly".... he thinks only with his other head
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:54   Link #3431
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This rubbing people the wrong way because really, who ever expected the relegated comic relief to do anything, you know? Some other series have gone this route once or twice but those shows were never full of a bunch of delinquents and literal demons. To be quite frank he's gone through this whole series as comic fodder (even though they don't need him to act that way) but now when he's the one kicking ass and taking names people are against it. Stuff like this is a JOY for me to read because you never expect it to happen, ever. It's like if Ataru actually told Lum he loved her, in words in Urusei Yatsura, or if there was an actual physical relationship in Ah! My Goddess!

It's probably why I enjoyed Ranma so much, it kept an actual balance without going down the same route this manga has (which isn't a bad direction, simply a different one). Imagine if the old panty stealing grandpa actually started to kick everyone's ass and it was done well?

I'm loving this arc. I'm actually pretty worried about him now that we know of the side effects but I'll be damnded if the past 3-4 chapters haven't been the most enjoyable since I started reading.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:32   Link #3432
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

After this arc ends Furuichi will face the consequences and may get treated more harsh than before. Everyone in here thinks Furuichi is getting back at them, but in general how often did he get beaten up intentionally by the other characters? Like evil|plushie said, he want to use his power for a pretty selfish thing. Before anyone quote me saying other characters have been doing that, other than the first part of the Manga have the other characters still seek out power to beat up one another to rule. Aoi's pet demon is the one with the harshest treatment in the Manga so far compared to Furuichi.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:22   Link #3433
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I don't see the consequences of this going on for longer than a chapter... It's Beelzebub not Akira or Berserk. It's probly gonna end with some nutty gag and move on... that's as far as i see it going.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 16:37   Link #3434
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
After this arc ends Furuichi will face the consequences and may get treated more harsh than before. Everyone in here thinks Furuichi is getting back at them, but in general how often did he get beaten up intentionally by the other characters?
And amusingly enough, he didn't just up and beat up Kanzaki and Himekawa. He treated them... actually, rather better than they treated him. It's not his fault they decided to escalate to violence. What it boils down to is this: he's living by the same rules they do: "might makes right" and "'just because' is a perfectly good reason to fight". Heck, he's living by better, fairer rules than that. Sure, from a practical point of view, he'll pay for it later. From a moral one, he's been a lot nicer with his power than a lot of the cast, especially they guys he's used said power on.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 18:00   Link #3435
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
It's probably why I enjoyed Ranma so much, it kept an actual balance without going down the same route this manga has (which isn't a bad direction, simply a different one). Imagine if the old panty stealing grandpa actually started to kick everyone's ass and it was done well?
What are you talking about? Happosai was one of the TOP tier chars in the manga. There was very little anyone could actually do about him. It's really more like the battle dogi arc where Akane got a dogi that basically fought for her and then she used that to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
No, it does not make it right. It does not make it wrong either. It makes it equal. Eye for an eye. That's all Furuichi did. Abuse of power is Kanzaki telling his own subordinate to throw himself out of the window. From your past posts, I understood that you consider past Kanzaki and current Furuichi in the same category. Given your reply, I might be wrong about that. Which is it?
And eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind -_-. And yeah, I consider Furuichi about the same as the past antagonists. After all, he's the antagonist for this arc isn't he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And amusingly enough, he didn't just up and beat up Kanzaki and Himekawa. He treated them... actually, rather better than they treated him. It's not his fault they decided to escalate to violence. What it boils down to is this: he's living by the same rules they do: "might makes right" and "'just because' is a perfectly good reason to fight". Heck, he's living by better, fairer rules than that. Sure, from a practical point of view, he'll pay for it later. From a moral one, he's been a lot nicer with his power than a lot of the cast, especially they guys he's used said power on.
Most of whom have been past antagonists AS well.

Old 2012-09-14, 18:47   Link #3436
Key Board
Carbon

I am pretty damn sure, Beelzebub is not preaching any moral lessons

Oga is a school thug. He is not a paragon of morality, nor does he care for it.

Remember that he dunked a police officer into a trashcan just because the officer was implying something rude?

He's not a role model. He doesn't want to be a role model.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 20:08   Link #3437
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I am pretty damn sure, Beelzebub is not preaching any moral lessons

Oga is a school thug. He is not a paragon of morality, nor does he care for it.

Remember that he dunked a police officer into a trashcan just because the officer was implying something rude?

He's not a role model. He doesn't want to be a role model.
Oga is a school thug, but he is actually one who have value. The people he beat if they are worth in strength, he doesn't rub it in their face after he won. Oga does not seek out to fight people, he wasn't seeking a fight with the 6 horseman and the Demons, they made the first move by attacking first. As for the police officer, I say he deserved it and he wasn't implying his intentions were clear.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:24   Link #3438
Key Board
Carbon

That's not what I was aiming for, so I apologize.

Let me clarify.

If Furuichi suffers an unfair fate, and his live turns even more miserable, it would only be so because it's played for gags.

The author is not making a moral statement like "strength makes right. you should be like Oga" ect..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 02:54   Link #3439
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I think he's the antagonist because the person he's hurting is Furuichi. Everyone he beat up is a big boy and can deal with that kind of thing but he doesn't know he's hurting himself so he's the antagonist and the DID at the same time. Well Oga probly just wants something to wipe his but with either way....
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 03:53   Link #3440
Blaat

Quote:
As for the police officer, I say he deserved it and he wasn't implying his intentions were clear.
Oga beating up a police officer who's being rude to him is fair. Furuchi beating up people who have treat him like trash is unfair, abuse of power and he needs to apply higher moral standards.

Honestly ReaperxKingx aren't you and evil|plushie getting tired of your own double standards? It's getting absurd now.

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence