AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 20 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 35.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-06, 14:29   Link #81
therewego

I'm confused about the part at the end when Itazu said that "when he made the PM said uncle... the MP of the opposing party started to catch on, but his intelligence source was replaced with a mail from his lover.. so whoever made this phone must be closed to the state power..." i rewatched ep 5 but still couldn't see the connection.. any explanation? thanks!!

haha this is one the many, many questions i have for the series...
Old 2009-06-06, 16:11   Link #82
BlackDove
Unheard

A FLYING NEET
MAKES NO SOUND

etc.
Old 2009-06-06, 17:13   Link #83
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
[...]you need to go back to episode 5 where the same character is shown using a seleçao phone with a number I badge on it.

Screenshot from the random curiosity blog

So we know 6 Selecao:
I - Mononobe
IV - Kondo (dead)
V - Hajime Hiura (dead)
IX - Akira
X - Yuuki
XI - Kuroha Diana Shiratori

ETA: Mononobe is also Selecao #1 in the official character list. Yuuki is still missing.

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-06-07 at 02:31.
Old 2009-06-06, 22:10   Link #84
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Seriously I hope Ohsugi gets killed off. He's jealous and goes off to do his little investigation only to start misunderstanding.
Old 2009-06-06, 23:29   Link #85
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Seriously I hope Ohsugi gets killed off. He's jealous and goes off to do his little investigation only to start misunderstanding.
and the Ironic thing is that because of his "jealousy" , he will be the one that has a good chance of surviving. Don't worry, I think the Eden gang will still help Akira regardless of Oosugi's warning and this will cause a big tragic. I predict that at least two members will die and this will weight heavily on Saki. Oosugi will break all ties with the Gang after they still decide to help Akira. He will get a reward for losing the girl, Stay alive.
Old 2009-06-06, 23:55   Link #86
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
and the Ironic thing is that because of his "jealousy" , he will be the one that has a good chance of surviving. Don't worry, I think the Eden gang will still help Akira regardless of Oosugi's warning and this will cause a big tragic. I predict that at least two members will die and this will weight heavily on Saki. Oosugi will break all ties with the Gang after they still decide to help Akira. He will get a reward for losing the girl, Stay alive.
If Akira needs the Eden club's help to stop #1 (and since Itazu sent the data to Micchon, the plot dictates that Akira's definitely gonna need them), then they have no other choice than help him (even Oosugi), because if those 60 tomahawk missiles really strike Japan, a freaking lot of people (probably including the Eden guys) are gonna die.
Old 2009-06-07, 00:04   Link #87
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If Akira needs the Eden club's help to stop #1 (and since Itazu sent the data to Micchon, the plot dictates that Akira's definitely gonna need them), then they have no other choice than help him (even Oosugi), because if those 60 tomahawk missiles really strike Japan, a freaking lot of people (probably including the Eden guys) are gonna die.
yeah, that is why i said that Oosugi's effort are meaningless. I doubt Oosugi will help.
Old 2009-06-07, 00:10   Link #88
Kazu-kun

Quote:
yeah, that is why i said that Oosugi's effort are meaningless. I doubt Oosugi will help.
If after knowing the truth he still refuses to help, then he's just an asshole. But I don't think he's like that. Once he realizes what really is going on, I think he's going to cooperate with Akira and the Eden guys.
Old 2009-06-07, 01:06   Link #89
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If after knowing the truth he still refuses to help, then he's just an asshole. But I don't think he's like that. Once he realizes what really is going on, I think he's going to cooperate with Akira and the Eden guys.
yeah, once he find what is going on. The thing is that I don't think he will get a chance to find out what is going on. He already gave the Eden group an ultimatum. I could be wrong and he still go back, but considering he is the only one with a job, the chances of he cutting all ties with them are good.

I think that if Oosugi were to help Akira, people will forgive him. This is of course because people inner hatred for Oosugi is because he is an obstacle to Saki and Akira being together. I actually want Oosugi to cut all ties with the group, a few of the eden group dying and Saki at last resort come asking Oosugi for help to save Akira at the last minute.
Old 2009-06-07, 01:45   Link #90
Elvanvitar

Looking back at episode 1 and now this it's clear that #1 caught up with Akira and forced him to get naked with a gun in front of the white house. I'm guessing the plan was for him to be killed or something. Who really knows. Is #1 the supporter?
Old 2009-06-07, 02:12   Link #91
reverse

patsu should be alive if he just ask Saki or Micchon akira email
the possibility that he don't have their email is absurd
Old 2009-06-07, 05:13   Link #92
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post

Screenshot from the random curiosity blog

So we know 6 Selecao:
I - Mononobe
IV - Kondo (dead)
V - Hajime Hiura (dead)
IX - Akira
X - Yuuki
XI - Kuroha Diana Shiratori

ETA: Mononobe is also Selecao #1 in the official character list. Yuuki is still missing.
Ah that's why. Now it's beginning to make sense.

In episode 1, the man in the car outside the White House telling Juiz that Akira's "finished" is most definitely Mononobe, as he is seen with the ruby ring on his finger, and if you play the video slowly, you can just make out the Roman numeral "I" on his phone.

Of course, there he is again in episode 5, seen with the ruby ring and the #1 phone. Though there was another man whose face wasn't seen, standing next to Mononobe, remarking amusingly about how the PM's approval ratings gone up by just one "gyafun".

Either I could be thinking too much and he's just a normal civil servant colleague of Mononobe's, working in the Ministry of Defense; or he could be another Selecao, the Supporter, or even Mr Outside himself.

Though from the look of his phone, it doesn't look like a Selecao phone, so he's probably just a normal civil servant. Then again, it wasn't mentioned whether Mr Outside himself uses a Selecao phone or not.
Old 2009-06-07, 05:44   Link #93
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Sorry again for misunderstanding you, I've thought everyone is aware why he is selecao number 1, via seeing his phone a few times already.
That's why I prefer to call him like that, and I don't even bother to remember his real name .
As for his colleague I really doubt he's a selecao.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-07 at 11:31.
Old 2009-06-07, 09:02   Link #94
therewego

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
I'm confused about the part at the end when Itazu said that "when he made the PM said uncle... the MP of the opposing party started to catch on, but his intelligence source was replaced with a mail from his lover.. so whoever made this phone must be closed to the state power..." i rewatched ep 5 but still couldn't see the connection.. any explanation? thanks!!

haha this is one the many, many questions i have for the series...
still waiting for someone to answer my question

am i the only one who thinks #1 is hot?

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Ed...Large%2031.jpg
Old 2009-06-07, 10:54   Link #95
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
A FLYING NEET
MAKES NO SOUND

etc.
You, sir, are a genius.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2009-06-07, 11:52   Link #96
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Got so involved in the discussion that I forgot to mention this minor oversight to the excellent guys at gg fansubs: You forgot to remove a commercial in between.
Old 2009-06-07, 11:55   Link #97
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Got so involved in the discussion that I forgot to mention this minor oversight to the excellent guys at gg fansubs: You forgot to remove a commercial in between.
they probably were in a rush and the raw the timer used had the commercial, so instead of reencoding the file, sending it back to the timer, they just released it like that.
Old 2009-06-07, 12:10   Link #98
Raiga
tl;dr

Think of it as more accurate to the original Japanese viewing experience. :P
Old 2009-06-07, 13:12   Link #99
SkoolRumble4Ya

What is the other two selecao hoping to accomplish by shooting out missiles?
Old 2009-06-07, 14:02   Link #100
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
they probably were in a rush and the raw the timer used had the commercial, so instead of reencoding the file, sending it back to the timer, they just released it like that.
gg did it last week with a Star Trek commercial, too. It's just there for "weird ad, lolwut" more than anything else. (Though it also breaks up the two halves of the episode, so I guess it has some actual function....)
Closed Thread