AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 15:41   Link #3841
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Blargh. I was hoping for a massive fightback but it never materialised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
How is it not 5-0 for Italy by now?
Lol. I know right? Their finishing suddenly took a dip down when Balotelli came off.

Deserved win by Italy in the end.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:42   Link #3842
Blaat

I have nothing with Italy (I love Aria and their national anthem which is along with the English and Portuguese anthem the most passionate anthems out there) but I was fully rooting for them. Or maybe I just can't stand German exceptionalism and it was getting really bad.

At this point I'm wondering why doesn't Italy have a match fixing scandal every two years?
Old 2012-06-28, 15:42   Link #3843
Mentar
Banned

Congrats to Italy ... haaaaah. A shame. But you locked the door pretty well, it was our own fault. We should have fielded our offensive game instead of yet again the same people who have disappointed before. Instead of believing in our own offensive strength, we went for the "adapt to the opponent" and got our just desserts.

Two errors of the defense leading to two goals which Italy didn't let go of in the end. That's the Italy we know and fear :->

Anyway, good luck in the finals!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:42   Link #3844
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Neuer's header clearance was hilarious.
Old 2012-06-28, 15:47   Link #3845
Bri

Congratulations to Italy. They've been a delight to watch this tournament so far. Pirlo seems a sure bet for MVP. Their wastefulness up front is still an issue, but superb performance tonight.

Germany got exposed against an equal opponent. The lack of creativity and the dependance on Özil made them predictable up front. The back line just didn't cut it.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:53   Link #3846
NK_500
Disabled By Request

The German psychic otter choose for loser instead of winner. Just too bad that no other animals can become the next Paul.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:54   Link #3847
justavisitor

hmm...germany...where to begin, 2nd place in 2002, third place in 2006 and 2010, and another second place at 2008 euro..always with a lot of promise, but just can't get the biggest prize..well they are still young I guess

On another note, this is probably the best performance this current Italian team can deliver..not sure whether it is enough to beat Spain tho. May the best team win in the final!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:56   Link #3848
Mentar
Banned

Nothing was "exposed". It was no secret that the back line was conceding more chances and goals than you'd want to, it's a relative weakness in the team.

Italy scored with their first two chances in the game. Germany did not, also not when they reconfigured for attack and Italy could set themselves up for counters. That's football. Simple as that.
Old 2012-06-28, 15:57   Link #3849
Blaat

Germany is victim of the Dutch curse: play great attacking football; while winning no trophy.

Also grats to Italy for qualifying to the confederation's cup.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:02   Link #3850
Mentar
Banned

The team is still young (youngest in the tournament). They'll have more chances. And even though I would have thought we'd have a real shot for the final (or even title) this year, I'm not unhappy with semifinals and overall nice-to-watch football
Old 2012-06-28, 16:04   Link #3851
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 16:04   Link #3852
justavisitor

I never consider this German team plays attacking football tho...maybe they were playing attacking football at 2006, but not really at this tournament. They were only playing like what strong teams supposed to play. They don't really have an noticeable style like Spain, Italy, or England as a bad example XD (just a causal football fans so it's just my 2 cents....)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 16:05   Link #3853
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Poor Germany, I really felt bad for them being completely trashed today... but they have a young team, they will come back stronger for the world cup.

Also great game by Italy at every level they proved that they deserved to be in the final.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 16:14   Link #3854
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I think Balotelli's second goal was not an inevitable one. There are keepers in the world who would have punched that ball away, Buffon included. I still don't know why people keep praising Neuer. He is a good keeper, but not among the best in the world. Still, it's not Neuer's fault that Balotelli got his chance.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:28   Link #3855
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I think Balotelli's second goal was not an inevitable one. There are keepers in the world who would have punched that ball away, Buffon included. I still don't know why people keep praising Neuer. He is a good keeper, but not among the best in the world. Still, it's not Neuer's fault that Balotelli got his chance.

There was no saving that strike.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:37   Link #3856
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Completely physically impossible. The shot was half a meter out of the keeper's reach, and at this distance, with a 120 km/h shot, you have no chance to jump either.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:37   Link #3857
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Congrats to Italy ... haaaaah. A shame. But you locked the door pretty well, it was our own fault. We should have fielded our offensive game instead of yet again the same people who have disappointed before. Instead of believing in our own offensive strength, we went for the "adapt to the opponent" and got our just desserts.

Two errors of the defense leading to two goals which Italy didn't let go of in the end. That's the Italy we know and fear :->
Anyway, good luck in the finals!
Thanks, i watched the game with my friend, i am a bit drunk, but i have to admit that we played well this game, and finally Balotelli did a good score, the first one, actually is Cassano that did really good, but the second, is an awesome shoot.
Germany played good,but Buffon did a good job...is strange to see Gomes do a little like this, i expected he would play better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Hahaha..this was funny i laughed so much with my friends in this scene.

now, time for the Final Match.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:38   Link #3858
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Physically impossible? That was nothing more then a penalty at 15 metres. Doable.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:42   Link #3859
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's a bad analogy. Penalties are pretty hard to save.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 16:43   Link #3860
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Pretty hard is not 'physically impossible' though ...

Tags
football, soccer