AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2012-12-24, 16:54   Link #281
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Yes, the translation is still continuing. As for how it's translated, I have text files that have been extracted from the PS2 game, and I use those to translate while using my PSP version of the game for reference.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 17:24   Link #282
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Alright, since I ALWAYS seem to be a few days late from my predicted update, I'll just say that I'll update the site every 7-10 days from now on. (Hopefully I'll be able to maintain this less-defined schedule.)

Anyway, the Geass Route page has now been added (with a detailed explanation on it as to how I'm going to be organizing and dividing the route scenes). This time I've only added five edited scenes for the Geass Route, but that's because they're all so much longer than the Non-Route scenes were. I'll probably add about five to eight scenes in every update, so I apologize if the going is slow. But it IS progressing, which I will do my best to maintain even when my winter break ends.
Old 2013-01-13, 20:20   Link #283
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

As always, the return of school cut into my time again, but thankfully I'm only a week late this time. Anyway, I've added four more edited scenes to the Geass Route page, this time for the Route Progression scenes. Luckily, I've managed to get a pretty good class schedule this semester, so I'll be able to resume updating regularly (as long as nothing comes up, of course). Though, I'm going to have to change my estimate to 4 or 5 scenes per update for the time being, especially when I reach the really long scenes to edit.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:44   Link #284
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Alright, another four new edited scenes for the Geass Route! Pretty standard stuff, though I corrected and changed quite a few sentences in these ones. The next update will include the battle at Narita, which is going to be a pain because of all the battle choices. I'll try to figure out a better set-up that isn't so confusing to sort through. Until then.
Old 2013-02-01, 16:29   Link #285
ThatEdditor
The work in progress.....

Hi I`m new to the website and have been trying to find a way to contribute to the Geass fandom, I don`t know japanese, but I was wondering if there were any other jobs I could do, I promise to do my best to follow through with the job I`m given. I have some ideas for the translation home page, if your interested in that.
ThatEdditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 08:27   Link #286
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, right now I'm focusing on editing the previous translations, so there's not much for anyone else to do on the project right now. If you have ideas you want to share, however, I'd be happy to listen to them.
Old 2013-03-18, 03:57   Link #287
Echos

Just here saying thank you for your dedication for translating code geass lost colors. I cant wait when your finished. I'm gonna make a code geass background for your dedication.
I did't draw it but just edited it.

Last edited by Echos; 2013-03-18 at 21:33. Reason: finished background
Echos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 14:34   Link #288
DinnGeass

Smile

Hi, I was wondering how is the progress of this translation?

I've search for the lost color translation about 4yrs ago and at the time, there was no one who is making initiative to translate, or the anime wasnt popular enough for translator group to notice..

So how much has been translated? can any of you give me some percentage of the translated route? 70%?

if possible, can I know the estimated time for the game to be finished translated..?
Hopefully, the game can be translated completely

I'm rooting for you guys!!
DinnGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 21:42   Link #289
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Currently, two of the game's four main routes have been completed, the Geass and Black Knights routes. (But those are the shorter routes with less scenes and endings, so right now it's still less than 50% completed.) Right now, though, I'm focusing on redoing my older translations which were done when I was just starting, so new translations are on halt for the time being.

I've actually been taking several repeated breaks from this project, mostly because of my university life and other translation projects I've been working on. However, there will definitely be progress this summer, and hopefully I will be able to start on a new route, the Britannian Army route, before this fall. As for when the whole thing will be finished...well, at the very least, I don't expect it done anytime in 2013. I hope you and everyone else can bear with me until that times comes.
Old 2013-06-01, 12:05   Link #290
Altair2223
Hayabusa Black Fire Pilot

im glad you are still going on with this. im sorry i stopped sending the files i was supposed to send, i had my school work and had other stuff to do, but i cant deny i also lost interest in the game for some time, i recently found my psp and played from the begining yesterday. i wont say i want to re start working on what i was supposed to do as i think it would e unpolite considering i disappeared with no apparent reason.
i want to say im sorry and i will be watching into the translation progress, but i dont want to get involved as i fear i will just fail you again ED.
Altair2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 19:20   Link #291
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Again, sorry for the six month-long silence here. Like always, real life issues got in the way. Since this is the umpteenth time this has happened already, I think I'll be blunt: the Lost Colors project is no longer my main project. Between university and the several other translation projects I have going, I just can't keep it up like I did when I started. That doesn't mean I'm stopping, however. I fully intend to finish this game at some point. I just can't give it my full attention. Instead, to avoid the long hiatuses that keep cropping up, I'm going to try to make a monthly update schedule, where I post how the project is progressing regardless of how much I've gotten done. That way I can at least stop my bad habit of leaving everyone in the dark and keep the project on my mind.

I do, however, have some good news. (Please go to the main page of my site to find out there.)

Anyway, for this update, I have two new edited scenes, SG013 and SG014, for the Geass Route, which involve Rai's entrance into the Black Knights. Head over to the Scene Directory page to check them out. The next update will finally be at the Narita battle, which is going to require the most work, frankly.

Also, I've decided to, for the first time in a long while, open up applications for new people to join this project. Considering how on-and-off updates have been for so long, I don't expect many applicants (in fact, I wouldn't blame people if no one applied at all), but I'm not really looking for many people. Just a few translators and TLCs (translation controllers) would be enough. I admit I've been stubborn about doing this mostly solo for too long (which has been my biggest mistake, I believe), but I'm not capable enough to manage a big group of people. So, if there's anyone with previous experience in translating or knows enough Japanese, contact me at unknown0entity@gmail.com and I'll give you a little test. Again, I'm not looking for many people, just a few who are dedicated enough to work on this consistently in their spare time. (I'm not enough of a hypocrite to ask them to work full time, after all.) Please remember, though, I'm ONLY asking for translators and TLCs right now; I may ask for non-translation help in the future, but not now. In the meantime, I'll just keep on working like I always have.
Old 2013-08-15, 12:19   Link #292
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Unfortunately, there's not much for this update except for just the edited scene SG015, which encompasses the Narita battle. The translation of the battle scene itself isn't ready yet, due to the complex and long nature of the extracted text for it. I've decided, for the purposes of this website at least, to just translate a single selection of battle choices in the scene, to make it easier to understand. That will be finished by the update next month. Also, the initial emulator patch should hopefully be ready by then as well, as long as nothing crops up.
Old 2013-09-18, 06:17   Link #293
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the Narita battle scene done in time, due to the exasperating complicated nature of the original text file for it and my return to university. I apologize for this, and will try my best ti rectify it for next month. However, as promised, the new emulator for playing the game on the computer has finally been added to the site, which you can see on the site's page links. Please feel free to go and download. If there are any problems, I welcome you to contact me at my email or contact AlvaroLemosWork on Youtube. Until next month, then.
Old 2013-10-18, 07:31   Link #294
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Okay, the Narita Battle scene is finally done! Since it was taking so much time, I decided to just simplify it and make a "Quick Playthrough" version that goes through a single set of choice till the end. (A proper, fully detailed version of all the battle scenes will probably be added when everything else is done, but for now, I'm going to stick to this short and quick type.) It's under the title "SBTL001-Knightmare Battle 1 (Geass Route)", right beneath the scene it does with on the Geass Route page. Also, I managed to get the next auto-scene after that done as well, where Rai and Zero sneak into the Kyoto base at Mt. Fuji and meet with Kirihara, under the designation "SG016". For the next update, it'll be the battle at the docks. (Also, a reminder that the PSP emulator version will be updated by AlvaroLemosWork as I continue to add the edited scenes, so make sure to follow it regularly to see when changes are made for those that are using it.)
Old 2013-11-19, 06:50   Link #295
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry, no updates this month. University exams and essays have really been eating into my life, so I just couldn't manage to get it done in time. However, I do have some bit of good news. Along with a large batch of newly edited scenes, I intend to resume translating on my other project for the photo novel of Oz the Reflection. (I've really been on hiatus from that too long, and now that I have the first volume of the book copy, I intend to update the site for that project with better quality images and edit the translations as well.) Also, I intend to announce a new project I'm going to start working on at the same time next month, one which I think many Code Geass fans will enjoy. (I won't reveal it now, since there are still a few minor details I need to work out.) Until then, please be patient.
Old 2013-12-20, 20:41   Link #296
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Apologies for being a day or two late this month, I had preparations to make and I didn't want to update until I was at least partially ready. Anyway, I've finished SG017, where Rai gets his Gekka and they prepare for the battle at the docks. (The actual battle scene itself will be updated in a few days. I actually intend to break my one month rule for this December and update every few days, at least until New Years. I will also post the new Oz photo story chapter in that time.)

Anyway, I am now proud to announce my new project: the translation of the Code Geass light novels! (Or to be precise, all the light novels after the first season adaptations that haven't been released yet and probably never will be.) It's something I've been considering for a while, and I finally managed to get started on it. Not much has been translated yet, but there will be more to come. The new project is at http://cglightnoveltranslation.wordpress.com/. (I decided to use Wordpress for this project, since it's easier to use for this kind of translation.) I hope people will enjoy this new project.
Old 2013-12-21, 04:05   Link #297
Blackmambauk

This great news, be great to find out more about some of the characters like the kor, especially Marianne and Bismarck since we hardly got anything on those two in the anime, shame really.

look forward to seeing translations when your able to do them.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 22:17   Link #298
Altair2223

Hey guys, any progress made in the last month? havent heard about this project for quite some time.
Old 2014-03-05, 08:00   Link #299
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Once again, I apologize for the long months of silence. There have been several mishaps lately, including losing my PSP and nearly lose my PSP copy of Lost Colors as well. That and my increasing workload in other areas have made life quite hectic for me in the past few months, and have also forced me to honestly consider a decision I've been dreading to make. However, I can't ignore it any longer, so I'm afraid that the time has come for me to make a declaration: I'm quitting the Lost Colors Translation Project.

I feel ashamed of myself for saying this after repeatedly declaring that I would follow this project till the end, but the fact of the matter is that this project, my first try at translation that I started in early high school, has simply reached a dead end. As I've previously said, I've increasingly been working on other translation projects, ones for more recent works, and I'm so swamped with juggling them that I just can't find the time for Lost Colors anymore. If I kept working at this by myself, it probably take another five years before it's finished, by which point I highly doubt many people will still be following this project. It's just not worth it at this point. As my first translation project and the game through which I really started to learn Japanese, I have a lot of nostalgia for Lost Colors, but I've expanded my interests since then and I can't give it the same devotion that I used to.

However, I'm also aware that there are still many people who like the game that can't read Japanese, and I'm loath to simply abandon like that. So, I've decided on a compromise. From now on, I will take requests from people to translate particular scenes, which I'll then post on this site along with the translations already present here. It can be anything, from endings to small side scenes that don't play into the main plot. (Of course, a request to translate a lot of scenes at once will have to be denied, unfortunately.) I'll take any requests and try to answer them in an orderly fashion. Also, in a few months, I intend to make a "Lost Colors Summary Walkthrough", which will basically tell the stories of each route in a compressed but detailed summary that covers all the major plot scenes, with some small mentions of other noteworthy scenes. (Similar to the SRW Walkthroughs by Mark Neidengard, my inspiration for this idea.) It's a lot of work, but much less then a full translation would be.

I know this might not make up for me giving up this project, but I want to at least do this much for the many Lost Colors fans who have followed this project for so long. I made a lot of mistakes when I started this project, but I learned a lot from it as well. For anyone who followed from the beginning, thank you for your infinite patience. This isn't the happiest of notes to end on, but this is a decision I needed to make. On a side note, I will be devoting more time from now on to my Light Novel project, which has been sitting in the dust lately as I've grappled with this decision, so I hope that will alleviate at least some of the disappointment. It's been a good run.
Old 2014-03-05, 17:34   Link #300
Altair2223

quite sad to hear that, but it was nice to follow it for quite some time. would have loved to see the euphemia route translated, i guess ill wait for the summary walkthrough you mentioned.
thanks for everything ED