AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-26, 00:41   Link #1
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
[GS] About Kira and Cagalli

I have several questions about these two, but I'd like to ask them one at a time in this topic, giving sometime to get responses per question, and to collect my thoughts when asking the next.

Well first question:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-26, 00:47   Link #2
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
I have several questions about these two, but I'd like to ask them one at a time in this topic, giving sometime to get responses per question, and to collect my thoughts when asking the next.

Well first question:

Spoiler:

Id say kira didnt like cagalli, as in love. I think Cagalli on the otherhand liked kira until she found out bout his identity.
And Cagalli didnt dress for kira... she was forced to dress tat way, i think?
And ep37 shows it all, how cagalli wants kira badly ^^.
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 00:51   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'd say Cagalli was surely in love with Kira... Kira, on the other hand, just likes Cagalli, but nowhere near his feelings for Fllay... however I'd say he likes Cagalli more than Lacus.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 01:10   Link #4
sinistral
SOS団

Cagalli likes Kira because Kira saved her once, the lifeport thing which Kira pushed her into while Kira is left alone outside.. maybe Cagalli is grateful to him and so on
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 01:40   Link #5
dreamless

there's much more than that one lifeport thing. and that can hardly be called a "save". she didn't suddenly fall into Kira's embrace when she met him again in the desert. at first she just treated him as an ally and a friend. It's clearly developed over time while she works and fights the war with him in the desert and then onboard archangel. that's when her feelings towards Kira grows gradually over time. what happened in ep1 is just a lead.
Old 2004-11-26, 01:43   Link #6
wao
OK.

I think Cagalli was really in love with Kira. As in, Kira seemed more of the type she would like... they both lived on Orb, he helped her so many times, and so on. Love in a romantic way...

I alos agree that Kira likes Cagalli more than Lacus, Kira doesn't seem to think of Lacus more than a comrade.

I think Cagalli would have continued being with Kira more if it wasn't for the fact that they were siblings. I think she inwardly prefers Kira to Athrun.
Old 2004-11-26, 02:40   Link #7
Esper 28
Akira

You guys are throwing the word "love" around a lot and I don't really think it's a fitting word.

Cagalli has a crush on Kira from the get-go. The same can go for Kira. However, Kira eventually becomes involved with Flay while Cagalli's feelings grow. Of course, there is that one scene where Cagalli and Kira are talking and then Flay comes by dressed skimpy like. It's been awhile but I believe it happened like, on top of Archangel. Either way, Cagalli has a crush on Kira and Kira is just attracted to Cagalli. However, once it's explained to them that they're siblings, that falls apart.

I'm not sure why you guys are saying that Kira and Cagalli liked each other more than who the ended up with at the end of the series...it semed pretty clear to me by the end that Kira and Cagalli found comfort with one another but not romantically. They had sibling tendencies without knowing they were siblings. Like, going to Kira before Athrun while crying. Because she felt comfortable around him.

I dunno, I do agree that they did have feelings for one another and upon learning that they were siblings had to put those feeling into a closet somewhere never to let them out. But I think by that time, they had already realized that they were not meant to be together romantically.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 02:51   Link #8
Milliniar
otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
You guys are throwing the word "love" around a lot and I don't really think it's a fitting word.

Cagalli has a crush on Kira from the get-go. The same can go for Kira. However, Kira eventually becomes involved with Flay while Cagalli's feelings grow. Of course, there is that one scene where Cagalli and Kira are talking and then Flay comes by dressed skimpy like. It's been awhile but I believe it happened like, on top of Archangel. Either way, Cagalli has a crush on Kira and Kira is just attracted to Cagalli. However, once it's explained to them that they're siblings, that falls apart.

I'm not sure why you guys are saying that Kira and Cagalli liked each other more than who the ended up with at the end of the series...it semed pretty clear to me by the end that Kira and Cagalli found comfort with one another but not romantically. They had sibling tendencies without knowing they were siblings. Like, going to Kira before Athrun while crying. Because she felt comfortable around him.

I dunno, I do agree that they did have feelings for one another and upon learning that they were siblings had to put those feeling into a closet somewhere never to let them out. But I think by that time, they had already realized that they were not meant to be together romantically.
I agree i don't really see anything to me to show that kira liked cagalli more than Lacus in GS. i found it the opposite, only person he liked more was flay
Milliniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 02:53   Link #9
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
I agree with Esper 28, Love? come on she had a "school girl crush" on him at best. As for Kira he just found natural comfort from Cagalli cus they were siblings even though they didn’t know it at the time.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 03:27   Link #10
dreamless

Cagalli first had a crush on Kira, but that grows to much deeper feelings after she fights alongside Kira and spends more time with him. If those feelings are not love, then what is? I don't think that can be called a crush, a crush is not something developed over time.

I don't see Kira showing any feeling towards Lacus. The only possible time is at the last couple episodes but then at that time Kira is more pre-occupied with Fllay. Also at that time Kira and Cagalli already know that they are siblings.

Oh and before Cagalli knows that they are siblings, she surely prefers Kira over Athrun. Poor Athrun is more like a... second choice... Hmm... it's like both Cagalli and Athrun lost their first loves and so they get together
Old 2004-11-26, 04:18   Link #11
TrueKnight

Yes,Cagally was in love with Kira. In some eps (44 ++ or so, forgot which one) there's a scene last part in it where Lacus was crying over Kira's shoulder because her dad Siegel Klein was killed. There's Athrun and Cagally in there also. Cagally had a sad look but also was Athrun, because Kira and Lacus were like that.

In that scene they knew that they've lost their first love and they couldnt be with them anymore, and that is, Cagally's love for Kira had diminished because she had known that they were siblings, while Athrun's feels like a failure because he couldnt comfort Lacus, and hence gave her to Kira. Both of them were brokenhearted, maybe that's why they finally made up, because they shared the same feeling, and that feeling finally became love. Hmmm I think I'm getting too fucking melodramatic here.

In anycase, to sums things up :

- Cagally was in love to Kira, but then was brokenhearted, so she ended up with Athrun.
- Athrun was in love to Lacus, but had the same case with Cagally, so he ended uup with her instead.
- Lacus.....well, maybe she loved Athrun at first because he was her fiancee or something, but finally Kira had taken over her heart, and the writers did intended it to be that way.
- Kira.....well, his true love imo belongs to Fllay, because she's the only girl that Kira actually ever cared for in a relationship, and Kira still madly crazy about saving her in the last episodes, personally, I would've liked better if he ended up with her rather than Lacus.

But the fact that they made the last eps for being tragic like that made me to like SUNRISE more than ever. Hajime Yadate is a pure genius, though imo think that Kira is a failure as a hero of the gundam series, but... it's still cool.

So in the end, I think,

Yes, Cagally WAS in love with Kira.

anyway, my 2 cents.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 05:00   Link #12
Esper 28
Akira

I'll just say this...
Loving someone and simply having feelings for them are two entirely different things. Cagalli had feelings for Kira, she didn't love him.
Old 2004-11-26, 05:07   Link #13
dreamless

then please enlighten us on what do you call love? Are Athrun and Cagalli in love at the end of SEED? Are Mwu and Murrue in love at the end of SEED?
Old 2004-11-26, 05:20   Link #14
Esper 28
Akira

Love is when you give your entire heart to someone. When they are your everything. There's a lot more to love than simply having feelings for someone.

You do realize that just because two people of opposite genders care about each other, it's not necessarily love, right?
Old 2004-11-26, 05:32   Link #15
dreamless

you still haven't answered my question. then which pair in SEED do you consider love? or do you think there are no two characters in SEED that are in love?

you are taking the meaning of love to the romantic extreme, there are different levels and types of love. Not all love stories are at CLAMP level Especially for loves in Gundam animes...

Cagalli is clearly shown to have deeper feeling towards Kira than merely caring for him. I surely do know that just because two people of opposite genders care about each other, it's not necessarily love. I also do think that Cagalli was in love with Kira.
Old 2004-11-26, 05:37   Link #16
Esper 28
Akira

Well then that's that. You believe she was in love with Kira and I believe she was not. I'm not going to sit here and debate with you the meaning of love because, quite honestly, that's just stupid. So, for me, this conversation is over.
Old 2004-11-26, 05:45   Link #17
dreamless

Hmm... so I gather you mean there are no two characters in SEED that are in love? how about any two Gundam characters? are there any two Gundam characters that you consider they are in love?
Old 2004-11-26, 08:52   Link #18
DwArD
mAnIaC

Well.....I've never watched any other Gundam series other than Gundam Wing and Seed. However, I do think that Gundam G might have some element of love in it. Gundam Wing....its not very obvious. We just know that Heero developed feelings for Relena, and that Relena also likes Heero. But I wouldn't call that love. To me, it seems like Cagalli was having a crush on Kira instead of love. They're still teenagers then, and its still too soon for them to talk about love. Just look at Lacus. In the first part of Seed, she and Athrun seems like a couple. But later on, her feelings changed and she liked Kira instead. Teenagers at their age are easily subjected to their own emotions. It takes some time for them to mature completely and start thinking about true love. In GS, it seems Cagalli was having a serious crush on Kira, but Kira don't really have that sort of feelings towards Cagalli. He just....likes her. Kira at that time also likes Lacus. But that's not call love. Putting that aside, I'm now more interested to see how Kira and Lacus relationship developes in GSD.
Old 2004-11-26, 09:50   Link #19
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
I personally wouldn't call Cagalli's feelings towards Kira love and don't think she had a crush on him either. I think she just had a soft spot for the crying Kira and his crippled mental condition.I also don't think she liked Kira more than Athrun (they didn't meet that often before they were on the same ship),but she had a more and stronger sister-like feelings towards him.

I don't think Athrun loved Lacus or she him,because he really didn't look to happy with their forced relationship and Lacus was trying to the best of this situation.
Wolfslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 04:29   Link #20
dreamless

well, if you think the feelings between Domon and Rain in G Gundam could be called love, I don't see any problem in calling Cagalli's feeling towards Kira as love. Oh and don't forget the grandest love of all in Gundam animes, the love between Amuro and Lalah, which takes about... umm... five minutes to develop... And then he killed her... But I don't know anyone trying to dispute that there is no love between Amuro and Lalah, or it's just a crush, and the famous 15 years war between Amuro and Char because of the love triangle Most love in Gundam animes are just like that, instant noodle type of love, since Gundam shows are not romance shows. Cagalli and Kira actually had more development than most of the other lovers in Gundam animes.