Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-23, 03:33   Link #61
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
If they are not the huge black figures, they aren't gillians, they are adjuucas.
There's no reason to think that, the way I read it is that they've started to evolve from eating other gillians but haven't quite reached the adjuucas stage yet.
Old 2007-07-23, 03:37   Link #62
lommm
l'homme de lommm

blah blah blah

next chapter better have another character enter the fray.

honestly, this will be so boring in anime form. how many episodes do you think this fight will take?
Old 2007-07-23, 03:55   Link #63
NeverGone

Send a message via MSN to NeverGone
4~5 episodes. I suppose?
Old 2007-07-23, 04:32   Link #64
The Real Nemo

Assuming it ends soon my guess would be no more than three.
Old 2007-07-23, 14:28   Link #65
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
If they are not the huge black figures, they aren't gillians, they are adjuucas. If they had become arrancar, they wouldn't have the full mask. Remember, arrancarization means removal of the mask.
Remember that all the information we have had on menos before this chapter has come from SS textbooks on the subject which I would doubt are the end all of information on hollows as Menos rarely leave HM and shinigami rarely go to HM.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-07-23, 23:18   Link #66
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Remember that all the information we have had on menos before this chapter has come from SS textbooks on the subject which I would doubt are the end all of information on hollows as Menos rarely leave HM and shinigami rarely go to HM.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 2007-07-24, 08:15   Link #67
Jingjong

Didn't Aizen specifically call Shawlong and his group Gillians?
Old 2007-07-24, 10:44   Link #68
kagato3

Yes, he did. But if i remeber correctly (but i can check right now so i might be missremembering) Urahara thought that the group included some adjuucas in additon to Grim so the devision between gillian and adjuucas is not realy clear cut.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-07-24, 14:45   Link #69
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingjong View Post
Didn't Aizen specifically call Shawlong and his group Gillians?
Yeah, I recall him saying that too. Of course Aizen may just call them that because there so weak compared to the espada. He probably sees them as the arrancar version of the gillian. Either that or Kubo forgot that he wrote that.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2007-07-24, 18:37   Link #70
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Yeah, I recall him saying that too. Of course Aizen may just call them that because there so weak compared to the espada. He probably sees them as the arrancar version of the gillian. Either that or Kubo forgot that he wrote that.
Again, I don't think there's any reason they can't be gillian. They're just more evolved gillian.
Old 2007-07-24, 18:51   Link #71
EvolutionXI

Shawlong himself said that they're powers compared to the espada were on a completely different level. If they were "more evolved gillian[s]", there shouldn't be such a big difference. What makes you think they're some kind of evolved gillian? If it's the image that shows them confronting GJ, you should notice that they don't have masks, and are in a form equivalent to their arrancar release form, meaning they have already become arrancar at that point and are in their arrancar form (though have not sealed the form in a Zanpaktou and so do not look human). As it was also mentioned earlier in the manga, even gillians have a chance of gaining a relatively humanoid form when they become an arrancar (though the chances are not guaranteed as they are with the higher level menos), which Shawlong might be one of these cases.

To the few people who said that Shawlong and his gang might even have adjuchas, Shawlong also said that they are given numbers after becoming arrancar from the use of the Hougykou (sp?), meaning Aizen must have seen them prior to becoming an arrancar, and his claim that they were gillians should be reliable as I'm sure he would want to know what class they are and probably be able to tell himself.
Old 2007-07-24, 19:17   Link #72
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionXI View Post
Shawlong himself said that they're powers compared to the espada were on a completely different level. If they were "more evolved gillian[s]", there shouldn't be such a big difference. What makes you think they're some kind of evolved gillian? If it's the image that shows them confronting GJ, you should notice that they don't have masks, and are in a form equivalent to their arrancar release form, meaning they have already become arrancar at that point and are in their arrancar form (though have not sealed the form in a Zanpaktou and so do not look human). As it was also mentioned earlier in the manga, even gillians have a chance of gaining a relatively humanoid form when they become an arrancar (though the chances are not guaranteed as they are with the higher level menos), which Shawlong might be one of these cases.

To the few people who said that Shawlong and his gang might even have adjuchas, Shawlong also said that they are given numbers after becoming arrancar from the use of the Hougykou (sp?), meaning Aizen must have seen them prior to becoming an arrancar, and his claim that they were gillians should be reliable as I'm sure he would want to know what class they are and probably be able to tell himself.
Don't have masks? What are you talking about, it looks to me like every one of them has a full mask...
Closed Thread