AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 27.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.90%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-11, 19:34   Link #101
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

To think; all the murder, screaming, frustration, bloodshed, fear, violence, paranoia, baseball batting, cleaving, tasering, grandma killing, fingernail violating, sister-down-the-well tossing, ladder shaking, on-his-own-front-lawn Keiichi stabbing, body disposing, bomb setting, hostage taking, crucifying, house destroying, crow swatting, bridge pushing, needle swallowing, hand-in-door slamming, and loli-punching came to be just because
Spoiler for What a douche:

Anyways, I have to say that I'm relieved. I came into this episode thinking that it might make me sympathize with Takano. Luckily I still hate her as much as I always have . Talk about dodging a bullet (pun at Satoko's expense intended ).

New pics in the OP are awesome. I have to wonder about Hanyuu in the school uniform though. Can everyone see her? If so, I think her horns are gonna give her away. If not, then what's with the uniform?

And another thing.
Spoiler for Regarding Tomitake:
Old 2007-10-11, 20:23   Link #102
Branduil
Typesetter
*Fansubber

I'm guessing
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-11, 21:04   Link #103
Falkor

I really enjoyed this episode. It pretty much reminded me of how much i liked the first season [pointing out to the blood, the psychological violence, and the child abuse]

There was something especial about Takano(?)'s dad coughing blood onto her daughter or Takano again biting the finger of her pursuer. This, however, pales to the scenes showing the kids's mistreatment or Takano's struggle and hopelessness through the forest.
I could feel sympathy for her and i would be no less than happy to support her evil plots (impatiently waiting for more "higurashi laughs").

This episode surprisingly featured an improved animation quality compared to the last one plus a nice use of colors to set the mood and tension. Solid 10, i guess.

I forgot to check the new op. I didn't realize they changed the sequence because i was listening to the music.

Last edited by Falkor; 2007-10-11 at 21:09. Reason: forgot to add more stuff
Old 2007-10-12, 01:32   Link #104
Tengusoldier

mehh, I really don't care about her past and its was kinda meaningless anyway IMO.
Old 2007-10-12, 01:35   Link #105
Tengusoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessDestiny View Post
What's the link for this nico site?
sorry didn't notice it till now.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm598832
Old 2007-10-12, 02:02   Link #106
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
To think; all the murder, screaming, frustration, bloodshed, fear, violence, paranoia, baseball batting, cleaving, tasering, grandma killing, fingernail violating, sister-down-the-well tossing, ladder shaking, on-his-own-front-lawn Keiichi stabbing, body disposing, bomb setting, hostage taking, crucifying, house destroying, crow swatting, bridge pushing, needle swallowing, hand-in-door slamming, and loli-punching came to be just because
Spoiler for What a douche:
I just laughed so hard.

Butterfly effect, I'd say.
Quote:
Anyways, I have to say that I'm relieved. I came into this episode thinking that it might make me sympathize with Takano. Luckily I still hate her as much as I always have . Talk about dodging a bullet (pun at Satoko's expense intended ).
I had an inkling about what was going to happen in this episode and the next.

"OH, she was raped!"
"Or her parents abused her!"
"Or the kids at school were mean to her!"
"Her puppy died!"

I got one of those half correct.

I hate sob stories. Everyone has one, not everyone massacres multitudes. [Or get into Harvard U].

Evil people thrive on pity.
Old 2007-10-12, 03:08   Link #107
Rayneing
Trombe!

Spoiler for Err...:
Old 2007-10-12, 06:47   Link #108
Jaden

Interesting episode, certainly not what I expected.

Apparently Takano is how she seemed before: No deep meaning in her evil plots, just general insanity. So her childhood was the worst sort and the only thing that made sense to her was her twisted interpretation of her grandfather's idea of becoming god....but insane is still insane.

Orphanage scene was a bit strange...I doubt the other girls who escaped have any kind of role in the story. Maybe those events are why Takano enjoys hunting down the hinamizawa kids in the forest.

And is this the third episode in a row ending in Takano's evil laugh? It's just perfect. Perhaps my favourite evil laugh. :P (The main villain in Madlax still takes the cake).
Old 2007-10-12, 11:12   Link #109
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

I'm not certain what to make of this. I agree that Takanos past is rather a "trigger" then an "excuse". It serves as an explanation to her actions so we can understand her, rather then pitty her. I've never felt much or little for Takanos character for some reason. Her past was sad, many people in Higurashi have sad pasts at some level. But it was allot alike to Satokos and I remember Takano praising her for the traps in the previous episode.

A bit oftopic but somehow the love relations in Higurashi got to me ^^;; they don't do in every anime but in this story they did, probably beacuse they were important but far from the main focus. SatoshiShion KeiichiMion for example.
So I'd want to know if what Takano said to Tomitake in the previous epsiode was true or just faking.
I know not most people would be thinking over that but one can always be curious? -_-; *of topic.* This also re raises the question for me if Satoshi will ever return?
Old 2007-10-12, 11:41   Link #110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No doubt scary Hanyuu during the OP was something surprising. Went back just to make sure I saw that right. Definitely not something you'd want to watch at night.

Maybe if I knew Takano's past before everything started or could separate it then I'd feel some kind of pity. But reflecting on the suffering of Rika and her friends...All I could think during that scene when she called out for death was. Will the lightning just oblige already? One bolt of lightning could've saved a lot of lives here.

Certainly it's a damn sad past that no one would want for another. Probably on par with the suffering of Satoko, but certainly not at Rika's level. At least Takano did a good job of hitting a high as one of the characters I've really wished oblivion upon.

And a valuable lesson is that bus drivers should be screened for heart problems.
Old 2007-10-12, 13:11   Link #111
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Why is everyone so scared of Hanyuu's evil eyes? She's adorable even with them...
Old 2007-10-12, 13:26   Link #112
champbaka
Oyashiro-sama worshipper

Hanyuu's sudden evil eye looks in the OP made me fall off my chair literally so moe~. I do feel a bit of pity for Takano after seeing what she went through during her childhood. Still that doesn't give her the right to gase a whole village and shoot my lolis. Yeah, so she had a hell of a childhood....tell that to Satoko and Edward Elric.
Old 2007-10-12, 14:37   Link #113
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It's pretty ironic about Takano, when you think about it... people in Hinamizawa are trapped there by Hinamizawa Syndrome, and Takano is there to turn the place into a living hell--just like the orphanage she was at, where everyone was locked in. She became exactly the thing she hated so much.

That's not exactly success, is it? That's just depressing.
Old 2007-10-12, 19:03   Link #114
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not exactly useful for this kind of episode but meh ^^"
Episode 14: Analysis

some hightlights about Takano and stuff, though it is still peculiar in her "case".
But as it has been repeated several times, her past has little to do with her crazy massacre, but rather her interaction with Hifumi
Old 2007-10-12, 19:32   Link #115
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

So Takano Miyo's grandfather was called Takano, the same as that evil guy from the orphanage? Now that's a werid coincidence which made for a rather confusing episodes along wih the time jumps. I think it should have been showed how Takano managed to escape from the ophanage and met that "grandfather". As it was, it looked like the grandather died even before her parents.

Anyway, if Takano wanted to much to glorify her granfather, why didn't she go public with the data (excluding her own involvement in convincing the government to intervene, of course) about the Hinamizawa syndrome after the disaster?

Old 2007-10-12, 19:40   Link #116
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
So Takano Miyo's grandfather was called Takano, the same as that evil guy from the orphanage? Now that's a werid coincidence which made for a rather confusing episodes along wih the time jumps. I think it should have been showed how Takano managed to escape from the ophanage and met that "grandfather". As it was, it looked like the grandather died even before her parents.
No, you didn't understand well.
There isn't any Takano in the orphanage. basically, the child councelor considered that takano Hifumi isn't a viable option, since he is only a acquaintance of Miyoko's father. Thus, they send her in a orphanage instead.

also, this episode alone doesn't show Miyo's past completely. Next episode will add more pieces of her past and everything should make sense.
Quote:
Anyway, if Takano wanted to much to glorify her granfather, why didn't she go public with the data (excluding her own involvement in convincing the government to intervene, of course) about the Hinamizawa syndrome after the disaster?
We don't know, and it is perhaps because the governement tried in any cost to cover the blunder, as they could be accused of researching on bio weapon and the like. That said, the inner party has to admit takano's research in that case anyway.
Getting her name public isn't exactly what she wants, considering the TIPS and what she says.
Old 2007-10-12, 21:23   Link #117
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
her past has little to do with her crazy massacre, but rather her interaction with Hifumi
I'd say it looks more like a combination. Because she was so beaten down by her past, she clung tightly to the only hope she seemed to have, Dr. Takano. If circumstances had been different, for example, she was sent straight to Dr. Takano instead of going through the orphanage, I don't think he would have been taken quite as seriously--while she'd look up to him, the way things are he's become her savior, not just her guardian.

BTW, it looks like Ryukishi07 has something against child care institutions; they're universally portrayed here as complete idiots.
Old 2007-10-12, 21:40   Link #118
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Yeah it's probably a combo of the two

@Klashikari where's your avatar pic from?
Old 2007-10-13, 00:24   Link #119
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Klash's avy is from CLANNAD.

Anyway...

As expected, Takano, I mean, Miyoko's past sure was interesting. At least it wasn't exactly a "revenge" thing, but more of fulfilling the wish of someone she cared for. Although I also find Hifumi Takano nuts as he molded what Miyo Takano is now.

And yes, it is nice to see a loli Takano - something that we don't see as much.
Old 2007-10-13, 05:26   Link #120
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Why is everyone so scared of Hanyuu's evil eyes? She's adorable even with them...
Who wouldn't be scared of being Geass'ed?
Still yet, she looks cool and cute with that evil look
Closed Thread