Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-08-12, 14:30   Link #1081
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Can anyone tell me if they actually cut the opening in the dub they aired? I was looking at the dub episodes online and the opening was always cut.
Adult Swim actually airs part of the opening, about the last 30-40 seconds of it, and without the very last 10 or so seconds It feels kind of dumb when cut like that though, so it may have been better to lob the whole thing off entirely.
They did the same for the ending, though it sounds better than the lobbed-off opening.
Old 2013-08-12, 17:21   Link #1082
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Adult Swim actually airs part of the opening, about the last 30-40 seconds of it, and without the very last 10 or so seconds It feels kind of dumb when cut like that though, so it may have been better to lob the whole thing off entirely.
They did the same for the ending, though it sounds better than the lobbed-off opening.
I feel sorry for the next generation of kids having to watch this incomplete dub.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 21:37   Link #1083
VTHokiePride

I was lucky enough to be able to attend Aniplex's panel at Otakon this past weekend and am excited for the special coming out in December.

Quote:
I feel sorry for the next generation of kids having to watch this incomplete dub.
Will this also affect the DVD's and Blu-Ray's? I don't want to buy the DVD's that have the opening cut it wouldn't make sense.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:10   Link #1084
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Will this also affect the DVD's and Blu-Ray's? I don't want to buy the DVD's that have the opening cut it wouldn't make sense.
It's never ever affected the American release. The US released volumes of Toonami and Adult Swim-aired animes have always had their OPs and EDs included and intact.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:20   Link #1085
anime fan99

Quote:
Seriously Watch the Arabic dubbing for Dragon Ball and Z and you will see a DUB deserve to be feel bad for kids

in the Arabic dubbing

1- You do not know what the seven balls do

2- You do not discover the giant ape is Goku

3- After his battle With brother your not tells Goku he died he is just traveled to another planet to train

4 - your not telled Raditz is his brother
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 23:27   Link #1086
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Since it was only briefly mentioned by VTHokiePride a few posts above, SAO is getting a pecial edition airing in December.

So they're going to compress the whole 25 episode series into one special edition feature?

I hope nobody is expecting this to be a good, coherent story.

As for the part about new footage, I hope part of this is redoing the bed scene from the end of episode 10 to be like the novel version. There wasn't any actual sex or anything, which is exactly why the half-baked way they did the scene in the anime was so stupid. It's not like an anime has never inferred sexual intercourse before.

And they definitely did not pussyfoot (who uses that word anymore ) the
Spoiler for A certain PSP scene:
in the PSP game.
Old 2013-08-13, 06:38   Link #1087
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
Seriously Watch the Arabic dubbing for Dragon Ball and Z and you will see a DUB deserve to be feel bad for kids

in the Arabic dubbing

1- You do not know what the seven balls do

2- You do not discover the giant ape is Goku

3- After his battle With brother your not tells Goku he died he is just traveled to another planet to train

4 - your not telled Raditz is his brother
Wow, but I was referring to how these kids don't know about the intricacies of the anime world. They're watching this crap probably not even realizing that parts of the op was cut and the worst part is they're ENJOYING it.
Old 2013-08-13, 08:43   Link #1088
anime fan99

Quote:
Wow, but I was referring to how these kids don't know about the intricacies of the anime world. They're watching this crap probably not even realizing that parts of the op was cut and the worst part is they're ENJOYING it.
I still say you seriously feel sorry for the next generation my generation suffered from Dark Ages of dubbing Where parts of the op was cut was of the
less dubbing problems we suffered from the change in the names of character
deleted scenes completely change of the dialogue and some times the story line is completely changed the anime becomes a whole new different anime
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 16:04   Link #1089
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I still say you seriously feel sorry for the next generation my generation suffered from Dark Ages of dubbing Where parts of the op was cut was of the
less dubbing problems we suffered from the change in the names of character
deleted scenes completely change of the dialogue and some times the story line is completely changed the anime becomes a whole new different anime
Like what?

On another note, I wonder how many of these kids will grow up and come back to this series to find out that the op was actually cut.
Old 2013-08-15, 00:50   Link #1090
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Since it was only briefly mentioned by VTHokiePride a few posts above, SAO is getting a pecial edition airing in December.

So they're going to compress the whole 25 episode series into one special edition feature?

I hope nobody is expecting this to be a good, coherent story.

As for the part about new footage, I hope part of this is redoing the bed scene from the end of episode 10 to be like the novel version. There wasn't any actual sex or anything, which is exactly why the half-baked way they did the scene in the anime was so stupid. It's not like an anime has never inferred sexual intercourse before.

And they definitely did not pussyfoot (who uses that word anymore ) the
Spoiler for A certain PSP scene:
in the PSP game.
Well I asked Kawahara if the sex actually did happen, but he was just vague and didn't clearly answer the question. At least he was a good sport about it. But yeah, I would definitely infer the sex.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 01:04   Link #1091
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Hmmmm..........y'know, looking back at how I phrased my previous post, it sounds like I'm saying there wasn't any sex, inferred or not.

So let me rephrase and say "it's not like they showed the sex." Because it they did do it, the anime just made it less obvious than its original scene. (which makes the half-baked way they redid the scene look stupid)
Old 2013-08-18, 04:16   Link #1092
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

New post for time gap.

Nice to see that Adult Swim isn't getting too conservative in censoring; they left Silica's underwear scene from episode 4 intact. I was wondering if they'd edit it to show her with more clothing since she's underage, after all. (like how Toonami edited the bathing scenes in Tenchi Muyo! to show Ryoko wearing a bikini instead of naked)
Old 2013-08-18, 14:54   Link #1093
blackwhite67
Banned

Hey the op wasn't cut this time!
Old 2013-08-19, 00:27   Link #1094
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Hey the op wasn't cut this time!
Yes it was. Adult Swim has been using the partially cut OP the whole time.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:00   Link #1095
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Yes it was. Adult Swim has been using the partially cut OP the whole time.
Ah. I just rechecked the dub. Looks like someone just put the dubbed audio over the animation.
Old 2013-09-30, 14:00   Link #1096
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

A good bit late, but episode 8 aired on Adult Swim over a week ago, and honestly I was a good bit surprised that they didn't cut out Kirito accidentally groping Asuna near the end. It may be called Adult Swim, but it's not exactly hard for kids to be abe to watch it.
Old 2013-09-30, 14:16   Link #1097
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
A good bit late, but episode 8 aired on Adult Swim over a week ago, and honestly I was a good bit surprised that they didn't cut out Kirito accidentally groping Asuna near the end. It may be called Adult Swim, but it's not exactly hard for kids to be abe to watch it.
Next episode has Asuna in her underwear and naked in bed. And if they air the second to the last episode of Fairy Dance...

Compared to that, I think the breast grope is a pretty minor thing.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 16:31   Link #1098
Krono

Seems we got a bit more information about the extra edition episode:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/728/728593/

This appears to be a translation of it's summary:

Quote:
"Yui wants to see a whale, so Kirito and company challenge an underwater quest in Alfheim Online. But a surprising fact comes to light. Strangely enough, Leafa… Suguha can’t handle being in the water. In the real world, Asuna and the girls give Suguha a swimming lesson. Meanwhile, Kirito has a meeting with a certain someone."
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 14:06   Link #1099
Divini
Senpai!

Nice! I always love new material vs a glorified recap.

Now all we need is a stinger at the end along the lines of "Season 2 in production" and we're golden.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 16:03   Link #1100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Now all we need is a stinger at the end along the lines of "Season 2 in production" and we're golden.
This is virtually guaranteed if you ask me. I don't think they're making this bonus episode just to promote the upcoming Vita game.

Tags
action, romance, shounen