AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 38 55.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 27.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-06, 23:33   Link #61
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Mako's family was badass this episode when they asked the two questions 8D
Yeah I completely agree with this. Satsuki betraying her mother was predicable it was just the execution and timing that really took me by surprise. I am really curious as to what Nui is going to do during all this.
Old 2014-02-06, 23:34   Link #62
BoyTitan

Been waiting for Satsuki to do this for ever she is just like a lioness striking its prey. Was this predictable not really they made her extremely timid last episode before the attack and she has not had the fire she normally has in her voice well till this ep where she made her move. Plus the execution was grand.
Old 2014-02-06, 23:48   Link #63
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

We knew the betrayal would happen. We just didn't expect it to be so flashy.
Ragyo just got Jesus'd...or Unit 01'd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
She quoted Macbeth... "Fair is foul and foul is fair." (that's probably one of the most famous lines of Shakespeare in existence, and it basically means that appearances are false/things are not as they seem. (Macbeth is a tragedy...)
Glad someone else noticed the significance of this line. I swear, the cryptic ass witches from Macbeth were so quotable.

Like someone said before, this was forshadowing that Ragyo probably knew of Satsuki's desire to betray her.

To add on to that, it could also be foreshadowing that what we see happening isn't as it seems.
Old 2014-02-06, 23:53   Link #64
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Ragyo and Nui always wanted to see Satsuki go all out. Perhaps this is the best time. As Ragyo stated in the previous episodes, she's simply playing along to Satsuki's whims. Next episode would most likely showcase Ragyo's powers, oh and Houomaru too. I won't even be surprised if Satsuki goes berserk and losses control of Junketsu in attempt to kill her mother next episode.
Old 2014-02-07, 00:10   Link #65
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think Satsuki's got one major flaw in her plan. Senketsu was designed and built to fight other life-fiber entities. Junketsu was (presumably) designed by someone on the side of the life-fiber entities. Who's to say she isn't going to be fighting Junketsu every bit as much as she's fighting Ragyo?
Old 2014-02-07, 00:27   Link #66
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think Satsuki's got one major flaw in her plan. Senketsu was designed and built to fight other life-fiber entities. Junketsu was (presumably) designed by someone on the side of the life-fiber entities. Who's to say she isn't going to be fighting Junketsu every bit as much as she's fighting Ragyo?
She is somewhat fighting Junketsu why do you think she uses life fiber over ride she over rides her life fiber with her will alone bit even are main character can not do that she synchronizes with a god robe made for her with her dna in it while Satsuki is completely overpowering Junketsu a completely separate entity making it submit to her. This is also why her 3 star generals only use 3 star uniforms because those are the only uniforms the can currently make submit to their will. So no that is already covered Junketsu will not be able to over power Satsuki's will especially as determined as she is now.
Old 2014-02-07, 00:30   Link #67
Dark Wing

So we're looking at what seems to be a future 3 sided war.

Ragyo wanted to make life fiber the rulers of the world.

Satsuki wants to use life fiber as a weapon and believe humans a suppose to rule over it.

Ryuko feels that humans and life fiber can live in peace together.
Old 2014-02-07, 00:37   Link #68
BoyTitan

Sanageyama will most likely fight and take out Nui. Now that his amor is upgraded and he obtained enlightenment beyond any character in the show during his first fight he is more than prepared and perfect match for the joker of this series. Her chaos stirring won't work on him and he has no apparent weakness any more. Give him a real sword and he will be op he just lacks finishing power as of now.

There is no mystery behind junketsu its a godrobe made of 100% life fibers most likely made by Nui and as I said earlier Satsuki controls him threw her will by over ruling him and as soem one else said you pretty much have 4 opposing views.

Ragyo wants life fibers to rule humans

Satsuki wants to rule humanity and godrobes humans are greedy creatures who need controlling to her, Godrobes are parasites that should be used as weapons of power and nonthing more she views them as tools and just completely objects to letting a tool rule humans.

Ryoko wants everyone to get along

Nudist Beach wants to destroy life fibers.

I wonder who after this showdown will be the end boss. Nudist beach could easily pull a heel turn,Satsuki of course could just win with Ryoko help moving on to a another arc before their final clash. Nui the joker of the series could always create some extreme chaos I mean for the joker of the series she has not created enough chaos yet. Actually she could just create the chaos that will lead to Satsuki and Ryoko final confrontation if she gets put on the verge of loosing to anyone.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2014-02-07 at 00:49.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:00   Link #69
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
So we're looking at what seems to be a future 3 sided war.

Ragyo wanted to make life fiber the rulers of the world.

Satsuki wants to use life fiber as a weapon and believe humans a suppose to rule over it.

Ryuko feels that humans and life fiber can live in peace together.
Four-sided, actually.

Code:
Ragyo/Life-fibers: Humans <--Control--< LF (Ragyo?)
 Satsuki/Honnouji:     LF <--Control--< Humans (Satsuki)
   Ryuko/Senketsu:     LF ---Friends--- Humans
     Nudist Beach:     LF <--Destroy--< Humans
If you think NB is going to let things be all hunky-dory between Ryuko and Senketsu when this is all over, you're naïve.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:04   Link #70
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

I really don't see anyone killing Nui but Ryuuko herself. She'll also need the other half of the sword by the way.

The elite 4 might put up a good fight against Nui but knowing that girl, she'll just turn them into clowns. How will they even fight Nui? I've never seen them fight together as a team before.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:09   Link #71
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Sanageyama will most likely fight and take out Nui.
If Sanageyama seriously tries to go one on one with Nui, he will be the first major character killed on-screen, and it won't take much longer than their last "fight". As good as the Elite 4 are, and as likely as it is that he is the best of the four, they are strictly second-tier to Nui, Ragyo, Satsuki, and Ryuko.

Besides, he and Gamagoori are going to have their hands full with Inumuta and Nonon. Calling it now.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:10   Link #72
Gravitas Free Zone

Speaking of Naked Nudists, Trigger actually drew Mataro's naughty bits, since he's only wearing body paint after all. When I noticed that I was
Old 2014-02-07, 01:45   Link #73
BoyTitan

Quote:
If Sanageyama seriously tries to go one on one with Nui, he will be the first major character killed on-screen, and it won't take much longer than their last "fight". As good as the Elite 4 are, and as likely as it is that he is the best of the four, they are strictly second-tier to Nui, Ragyo, Satsuki, and Ryuko.

Besides, he and Gamagoori are going to have their hands full with Inumuta and Nonon. Calling it now.
He is the only character in this show that personality wise is a counter to her. He is some one who is fully enlightened with a clear mind perfect counter to a chaotically neutral character. Also he was never presented as 2nd tier he clearly beat Ryuko before if you forgot and his power exceeded his goku uniform he is the only one of the elite four to do this. Finally he was one shotted by Nui even tho he defeated Ryuko this made them destined to fight again.
Old 2014-02-07, 02:55   Link #74
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Pretty funny bit where Horiuchi got to use his "serious/cool guy" voice. But yeah, the rebellion came pretty fast. I didn't expect Satsuki to run her own mother through until the final few episodes.

Speaking of mommy-dearest. Ragyo's look during the ceremony gave my flashbacks of Queen Amidala and Ultimecia. A crazy clown too. Not as gaudy, but those hair horns. Not to mention the shot of her coughing up blood.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yeesh!
Old 2014-02-07, 03:31   Link #75
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 17:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-02-07, 05:09   Link #76
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

Ryuko's family tree

Kinue Kinagase- Mother
Tsumugu Kinagase- Uncle
Isshin Matoi- Guardian/Adoptive Father
Aikuro Mikisugi- Father
Satsuki-????

Last edited by TheGrandSage23; 2014-02-07 at 18:18.
Old 2014-02-07, 05:09   Link #77
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
That's an interesting thought. She only directly speaks to those two, and they have the best chances of defecting. Nonon has repeatedly stated she wants to stand on the same level as Satsuki (ambition), and Inumata is a master hacker who got into Revocs systems and was basically forced by Satsuki into service. So the chances are good he knows everything about what all sides are up to.

Gamagoori and Sanegayama, in contrast, seem far more devoted to Satsuki than anything else.

So it might be something like this:

Ragyo versus Satsuki.
The Generals versus themselves.
Ryoko versus Nui.
Mako being Mako. Give us three star Fight Club Mako!
Nudist Beach fighting whatever comes out of those life fiber cocoons.

That would certainly fill up the remaining episodes.
Old 2014-02-07, 08:01   Link #78
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

caught me off guard...
I know Satsuki would betray soon... but I thought it would be after her confrontation with Matoi

well... this happens too fast... but epic... hell!!
although too many flashy things in this episode

loli Satsuki.... *nosebleed*
Old 2014-02-07, 08:13   Link #79
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The backstab was predictable (especially after the rather telling cup-smashing toast), but the execution of it was very fast and effective (both in credit to the narrative, and to Satsuki herself). I'm glad that it happened in this episode.

I'm glad that Ragyo was given a new look that does an amazing job of being both glamorous and horrifying. Ragyo now looks like an absolutely perfect Sailor Moon final boss.

And also much like many Sailor Moon final bosses, she's kind of batshit insane, lol. And apparently very hard to kill, given the attacks she somehow managed to survive here. I've seen characters show considerable physical toughness in this show before, but nothing quite like that.

In any event, the stage has now been set for what should be a great run straight to the finale. It will be interesting to see how battle lines are drawn going forward.
Old 2014-02-07, 09:57   Link #80
Eragon
Still Alive

Why are all the Jokers so gloriously twisted ?! XD

Satsuki literally ripped Ragyo a new one Excellent episode - apart from the minor Ryouko-Senketsu interactions. They are starting to make me cringe