AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-22, 21:22   Link #81
CrimsonBlitz

your right

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
No, my point is that Zakus didn't and don't need vulcans to destroy Balls, of all things.
During the battle of Solomon a Zaku didnt waste its bullets on a ball. He just kicked it.

Problem solved. Left foot kick = anti-ball tactic
CrimsonBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 03:39   Link #82
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Zakus didn't need anything to destroy Balls, all they need was to take a page out of Char's book XD

Throughout various mangas some facts have been pointed out :

-By the end of OYW Zeon's MS technology and NT research was superior to the Fed's
-Zeon pilots are generally better than the Fed's
-The only reason Zeon lost it's because they ran out of resources

CDA really needs to get translated for the mass gundam fans XD
Old 2008-12-16, 19:14   Link #83
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Sorry about stupid question apart from being effing pretty what are Destiny's wings supposed to do because mahq says something about afterimages but I haven't noticed anything weird about them in a operation ragnarock video i watched to check.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 20:21   Link #84
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The blurry afterimages is supposed to confuse opponents, but like you have observed, it failed to produce that effect. Instead of looking confusing, it draws all attention to it looking pretty.

This is just another failed attempt of bringing back an old Gundam ability.

Gundam F91 was the first to have afterimages as a side effect of its cooling systems. It sheds off layers of heated particles to quickly cool its weaponary, as a side effect, the heat particles form after images as it speeds around.

Wings of Light comes from V Gundam, V2 Gundam's Minovsky thrusters are so powerful, it can condense the particles into a pair of beam wings which can stretch for a kilometre or so, he uses that to shred enemies as he flies past them.

Destiny's wings did not fool any opponent with afterimages and didn't shred any.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 20:50   Link #85
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The blurry afterimages is supposed to confuse opponents, but like you have observed, it failed to produce that effect. Instead of looking confusing, it draws all attention to it looking pretty.

This is just another failed attempt of bringing back an old Gundam ability.

Gundam F91 was the first to have afterimages as a side effect of its cooling systems. It sheds off layers of heated particles to quickly cool its weaponary, as a side effect, the heat particles form after images as it speeds around.

Wings of Light comes from V Gundam, V2 Gundam's Minovsky thrusters are so powerful, it can condense the particles into a pair of beam wings which can stretch for a kilometre or so, he uses that to shred enemies as he flies past them.

Destiny's wings did not fool any opponent with afterimages and didn't shred any.
And don't forget Destiny's Palma Fiocina which is a failed attempt at bringing back the Shining Finger (thanks to Fukuda/Morosawa nerfing its ranged abilities)...
Old 2008-12-16, 21:19   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
When it first appeared in this series, i just took it as them not wanting to carry on the afterimage that is supposed to distract the enemy. Either way it's fail on their part.
Old 2008-12-17, 05:45   Link #87
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
And don't forget Destiny's Palma Fiocina which is a failed attempt at bringing back the Shining Finger (thanks to Fukuda/Morosawa nerfing its ranged abilities)...
Poor Destiny, he tried so hard to grab Kira... so hard... but failed.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 11:14   Link #88
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Poor Destiny, he tried so hard to grab Kira... so hard... but failed.
lol yea he was like

Shinn: SHIIIIIIINIIIING FIIIINGAH!

Kira: Shut up wrong Gundam anime

*there goes the beating* XD
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 07:15   Link #89
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

I wanna Discuss about one of The Best Gundam ever made (second only to Legend IMO)...Stargazer...You know..Those Beam Ring Cutters it got...Plus it's super-speed-Voiture Lumiere Ring Thruster...Doesn't it makes it Virtually the Strongest Close-Combat Unit ever made??... Even compared to IJ...It's Beam Rings are even Stretchable to Mid-Range Battle plus Super-Speed like Destiny....No one dares to Take it on a Closecombat as it offense and defense Beam Rings can cut anything in it's range.....
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 07:53   Link #90
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Legend only rely on its Dragoon for combat.If all of his dragoon get destroyed,he's toast. Anyway,Stargazer weakness is his power source, & lack of long range weaponry.I've play Rengou vs Zaft 2 & Stargazer has the most best melee move & it also have somekind of nuclear bomb.
Old 2008-12-18, 08:07   Link #91
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
I wanna Discuss about one of The Best Gundam ever made (second only to Legend IMO)...Stargazer...You know..Those Beam Ring Cutters it got...Plus it's super-speed-Voiture Lumiere Ring Thruster...Doesn't it makes it Virtually the Strongest Close-Combat Unit ever made??... Even compared to IJ...It's Beam Rings are even Stretchable to Mid-Range Battle plus Super-Speed like Destiny....No one dares to Take it on a Closecombat as it offense and defense Beam Rings can cut anything in it's range.....
Stronger close combat unit: Shining Gundam. Strongest close combat unit: God Gundam.

Actually there are like another 20 or so 'stronger close combat units' and 3 or so between stronger and strongest.

God Gundam, if he wants to show off his speed, you'll find yourself taking on 6 of his afterimages. He punches and kicks with a few thousand strikes per minute. With just his fingers, he can detonate your MS. It is basically a Super Saiyan Gundam complete with Super Saiyan style Hyper Mode and Kamehameha.

Old 2008-12-18, 08:08   Link #92
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Legend only rely on its Dragoon for combat.If all of his dragoon get destroyed,he's toast. Anyway,Stargazer weakness is his power source, & lack of long range weaponry.I've play Rengou vs Zaft 2 & Stargazer has the most best melee move & it also have somekind of nuclear bomb.
Yeah..My Source is also ZAFT vs EA 2...ayway, I'm not referring to the game...
but i'm talking about it's Close-Combat capability....It does lacks of FirePower but In Close-Combat Battles, It's a God....Even if compared to Justice....In my opinion...

Quote:
Stronger close combat unit: Shining Gundam. Strongest close combat unit: God Gundam.

Actually there are like another 20 or so 'stronger close combat units' and 3 or so between stronger and strongest.

God Gundam, if he wants to show off his speed, you'll find yourself taking on 6 of his afterimages. He punches and kicks with a few thousand strikes per minute. With just his fingers, he can detonate your MS. It is basically a Super Saiyan Gundam complete with Super Saiyan style Hyper Mode and Kamehameha.
God Gundam is a Cheat...DOn't compare a Normal MS with that thing please...
Old 2008-12-18, 08:17   Link #93
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
God Gundam is a Cheat...DOn't compare a Normal MS with that thing please...
Domon certainly didn't cheat to become that strong. He trained all his life to become what he is. God Gundam is just an MS with the specs to handle Domon's abilities. Meaning God Gundam is a machine best built for melee fighting.

Old 2008-12-18, 08:23   Link #94
RAVNEN

Quote:
Yeah..My Source is also ZAFT vs EA 2...ayway, I'm not referring to the game...
but i'm talking about it's Close-Combat capability....It does lacks of FirePower but In Close-Combat Battles, It's a God....Even if compared to Justice....In my opinion...
Err...I did'nt say i'm referring to the game actually. IF Stargazer has the same engine with SFreedom & some ranged weaponry,it will be more stronger.Too bad Sunrise does'nt make a sequel,Stargazer gundam has become fan favourite.

Agree,God Gundam & Shining Gundam cannot be compare to Stargazer.They both are differrent in its nature.
Old 2008-12-18, 08:27   Link #95
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well Miyamoto Shin did not explicitly state the scope of comparison.

Even in the same universe, The entire Astray Red Frame line would be up there as strongest melee MS.

Old 2008-12-18, 08:38   Link #96
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Well Miyamoto Shin did not explicitly state the scope of comparison.

Even in the same universe, The entire Astray Red Frame line would be up there as strongest melee MS.
Call me Shin please m8...Yeah..I forgot to tell you the comparison, but I mean just compare it with at least normal MS...

By the way...Astray??..strongest combat unit??...really?...more even than IJ??
Old 2008-12-18, 08:42   Link #97
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Call me Shin please m8...Yeah..I forgot to tell you the comparison, but I mean just compare it with at least normal MS...

By the way...Astray??..strongest combat unit??...really?...more even than IJ??
The Astray manga series, if you do not know.

'Powered Red' has a 150 metre long katana, even Phase Shift is useless against it.

Old 2008-12-18, 08:43   Link #98
RAVNEN

Quote:
You mean the Red Frame,it has over kill weapon i must say & very innovative too.
Astray Frame line probably one of the best design Gundam to me.

Last edited by RAVNEN; 2008-12-18 at 08:44. Reason: CA ninja-ed me.* facepalm*
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:48   Link #99
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Lol...Phase shift is pretty much Useless on almost any kind of Melee weapon...150 meter katana?...with Stargazer's Beam Rings that can be stretched to reach to that extend and even more...Plus stargazer beam Rings is surrounding it and keeps rotating like a barrier that can slice anything in it's range which makes almost Melee attack can't reach it coz It'll cut your weapons off....

Spoiler for GSX:
Old 2008-12-18, 08:57   Link #100
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Powered Red's katana isn't a beam weapon, but its powerful enough to crush a Gundam with Phase-Shift on, into two. Actually he can slice Gundams even with his normal sized katana, Gerbera Straight, as well.

The 150m Gerbera Straight is not a thin blade, its broader than a gundam and is anti-beam coated. It crushes anything if not sliced.