AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-15, 00:52   Link #121
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And with your finger on the trigger a reflexive shot will put the guy down...I mean, I sure as hell will never put my weapon to safe or my finger leave the trigger in a kill-zone...

Yeah kick the balls...too bad long pants and webbing don't exactly make kicking easy...
Finger always outside trigger guard. 0.03 reaction time.....alright I think I am going too much into the technicalities.

You don't have to lift your whole leg btw, just ramming your knee into the balls already causes a world of hurt. Another way is the kick the shin - do anything to cause serious pain so he lets go of the gun.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-15, 01:45   Link #122
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Ginginirokane + G14 =/= Rank B
Old 2011-05-15, 02:02   Link #123
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Hmm, funny how known irokane have the color's kanji repeated in its name...like Hihiirokane.
Old 2011-05-15, 03:25   Link #124
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Egads. Could you quote me a few examples to put how the Butei ranks and SSR grades interact in perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm, funny how known irokane have the color's kanji repeated in its name...like Hihiirokane.
Okay now that is just weird.
Old 2011-05-15, 04:12   Link #125
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
To give an example, one of the most popular charecters in Star Wars Expanded Universe is a redhead named Mara Jade, created by Timothy Zahn in Heir to the Empire. Zahn was so good in selling his characters that he essentially created SW EU. He was so good at setting up the chemistry with Mara and Luke Skywalker that for many fans she was the only romantic option for him. And then it was decided to kill off Mara in the recent NJO books - Zahn wasn't pleased about that, but he recognised that Mara Jade was like any other character created by any writer in the shared Star Wars EU - any author can use another author's characters and the original creator has no say.
I must add though that this was done by an author who admitted to never having read any other Star Wars novel. Said author had no idea what the character was about and merely needed someone to kill, so blindly picked Mara and completely failed even the most basic communications with Zahn about her plans (you know, a phone call or e-mail with her intent).

What I'm trying to say is that while people are free to use characters, a little bit of politeness and research should not be ignored.
Old 2011-05-15, 06:11   Link #126
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Elizabeth Alexander
“Witch”
Affiliation:
Butei - A. SSR - 11.
Voice: Yukari Tamura

[Patching in Progress]

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-05-15 at 18:31.
Old 2011-05-15, 06:22   Link #127
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Just to make things clear: Choutei do not have a rank. Their sole measurement is their grade. Therefore, what I said about irokane-wielding and G14 not being B, meaning that, their power level is not on the same level as a B. Just by virtue of having irokane, you'd probably be an S.

Also, since ginginirokane doesn't actually exist, but I'm following the same naming pattern as all the irokane that has a confirmed existence.
Old 2011-05-15, 06:29   Link #128
Xacual

Quote:
Just to make things clear: Choutei do not have a rank. Their sole measurement is their grade. Therefore, what I said about irokane-wielding and G14 not being B, meaning that, their power level is not on the same level as a B. Just by virtue of having irokane, you'd probably be an S.

Also, since ginginirokane doesn't actually exist, but I'm following the same naming pattern as all the irokane that has a confirmed existence.
Doesn't Shirayuki's katana have some irokane in it? At least that's the popular theory and she is a G17 and A rank.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-05-15, 06:40   Link #129
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Hotogi Shirayuki

Belongs to Tokyo Butei High Year 2 Class B. Special class is Supernatural Searching Research (SSR). Belongs to team "Team Baskerville". Specialty is swordsmanship and Kidoujutsu. Shirayuki is a name to hide her real name, Himiko. She is the eldest of 7 sisters.

Black, long hair, and a Yamato Nadeshiko is how her personality and style would be described, an amazingly beautiful girl. She is the student council president, the president of the gardening club, the president of the arts and crafts club, and the captain of the female volleyball team. In Butei High, where the average scores aren't even 45, she has over 75, an honour student.

Kinji's childhood friend, she likes him a lot. The strength of her feelings...

Alright, I'm going to stop translating, because frankly, it's a waste of time. According to wiki.jp, she has no rank.

About her katana:

Spoiler for katana:
Old 2011-05-15, 07:04   Link #130
tsunade666

Quote:
About her katana:

Spoiler for katana:
Is it confirmed? cause I thought that Shirayuki is a natural ability user or more like a sorcerer. From what Jeanne classify a choutei from an ability user to magic/sorcery user. So I don't think her katana is an irokane.
Old 2011-05-15, 07:08   Link #131
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Thanks guys, that puts things in perspective nicely. Dropping the Butei designations for SSR units and pushing up the grades.
Old 2011-05-15, 07:45   Link #132
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

No, but that's speculation based on her katana's name. So, it isn't confirmed.
Old 2011-05-15, 07:59   Link #133
Mars Mode

Also it doesn´t mean that a family of sorcerers doesnt have irokane. Besides the fact that the investigation of sherlock seemed to be based in ancient japanese texts. And the fact that shirayuki called Hidan the attack Aria used on Patra.

Besides we have to remember the special conditions for the Irokane to activate in his most powerful form.
Old 2011-05-15, 08:12   Link #134
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Finger always outside trigger guard. 0.03 reaction time.....alright I think I am going too much into the technicalities.

You don't have to lift your whole leg btw, just ramming your knee into the balls already causes a world of hurt. Another way is the kick the shin - do anything to cause serious pain so he lets go of the gun.
Good luck getting me to do that in an actual firezone....any time when your weapon is at high alert which means 98% of the time you are storming anything...good luck gtting anyone to keep thjeir finger off the trigger...

Tsk.... storm building in my terminology means load up the dozer and pulverize the whole structure anyway :P
Old 2011-05-15, 08:19   Link #135
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Okay now that is just weird.
Not when hi is also the pronunciation of fire.....which is more than fitting for Shirayuki...

Quote:
Is it confirmed? cause I thought that Shirayuki is a natural ability user or more like a sorcerer. From what Jeanne classify a choutei from an ability user to magic/sorcery user. So I don't think her katana is an irokane

Sherlock says Hotogi is one of the Irokane using factions in the world.
Old 2011-05-15, 09:26   Link #136
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for Cosmic Eagle:

I think that Irokane is something like a ability amplifier, it gives the user the ability to mold their element into shape.

If anyone finished Dragon Age 2, it is something like Meredith's red lyrium 2-hander. It makes casting magic/anti-magic easier, but it has a side-effect.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-15, 09:44   Link #137
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That's what I mean by pulverizing.....Mech. Eng. CHAAAARRGGGEE!!! Israeli style. Once target is confirmed free of hostages of course.

It is stated that Irokane is magic metal. Even non ability users like Riko and Aria are able to call down powers when in possession of one, let alone natural ability users...
Old 2011-05-15, 09:45   Link #138
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'll be reserving this space for my second character:
服部繁三
Hattori Hanzou "The Unpredictable Third"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-05-15, 09:52   Link #139
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Marcus that sounds like a dead giveaway for ancestor but somehow my brain isn't engaging.
Old 2011-05-15, 09:57   Link #140
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

The name of the person is the name of the ancestor.
Closed Thread