AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-09-13, 16:22   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 839 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Early spoiler's out! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the summary:

-Chapter title is "I lived under your crap roof". Splash page is Oda's tribute to the manga Kochikame, which is ending.

-The Vinsmoke family are eating breakfast. Judge says that once their alliance with Big Mom becomes official, they'll lose their right to attend the Reverie, but he considers the benefits to outweigh the losses. Meanwhile, Sanji's siblings are provoking him. In particular, he tells Niji to finish his food, but the elder brother considers the meal terrible, which makes Sanji call him a foolish prince who can't appreciate food and the work that goes in preparing it. However, Niji ignores him, and throws his still-unfinished plate of food at the head chef, Cosette!

-Cosette, being a woman, is naturally protected by Sanji. He then eats the food that fell on the ground, and praises her cooking. This enrages Niji, who's about to kick Sanji, but he's stopped by Judge, for the sake of the wedding. Nonetheless, the air pressure from Niji's kick blows away Cosette. Ichiji calls Sanji a disgrace to the family, but an angry Sanji tells them that he can't sympathize with those who disgrace food, hurt women, or mistreat their subordinates, as all those things go against his principles. Judge replies that royalty have their own principles as well.... and brings up a picture of Zeff. He thinks that Zeff's influence rubbed off on Sanji, and tells his son that if he disobeys him any further, Zeff will be killed! Judge's threat shocks Sanji, and he reminisces of his days at the Baratie....

-After breakfast is over, Sanji comes across a shocking sight: the head chef Cosette lying in a pool of her own blood! Furthermore, Yonji appears and takes him to see Niji. Within the castle's depths, the Vinsmoke brothers enter a room where Germa soldiers are contained within liquid-filled capsules....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 16:56   Link #2
coded321
He Who Games

wow if those spoilers are true, then this is a messed up chapter for one piece
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 02:30   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Is that a cloning facility or some enchantment facility?
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 05:07   Link #4
WyrdMonger

I really, really want to see Sanji curb stomp them all.

Does anyone think his sister is an exception, and he'll actually deliver a boot to her mouth?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 05:25   Link #5
Ultragunner

I could never understand how Sanji's family can act on such high horses, they probably haven't been around the New World much
Old 2016-09-14, 08:11   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

poor Cossette

I feel bad for Sanji.. he is in a pretty nasty environment right now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 09:58   Link #7
golgo13

Germa = German...?

Happy that Sanji has the confidence to put Niji in his place. The situation looks pretty desperate I wonder how they will protect Zeff??

Where is the mother? Reiju seems to be more in observation mode and may side with the Strawhats in the end..
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 09:59   Link #8
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
One thing I don't like about this setup is that right now it all seems to be leading up to a proper fight between Sanji and one of his relatives (or more). However, we don't know how strong they are compared to other forces, which means that we still wouldn't be able to rank Sanji in the grand scheme of things even if it came to such a fight. Are any of the Germa 66 as strong or stronger than Vergo? Are any of them as strong as the mid-tier Shichibukai, like Jimbei, for example? I hope we'll get an answer to that before the fight with Sanji happens. Because I'm getting this feeling that Oda might want to gimp Sanji but still have him look impressive by fighting other people who's strength we can't properly judge, just to cover for the fact that they're not all that powerful.
Old 2016-09-14, 10:05   Link #9
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
Does anyone think his sister is an exception, and he'll actually deliver a boot to her mouth?
Haha, she's being shown as the least outspoken sibling which means she will probably be the worst of them all when all is said and done I'd give Sanji a 50% chance of breaking his rule on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Germa = German...?
Yea, that's pretty apparent after this chapter. That throne room looks like something out of a sci fi story about Nazis. And now it looks like they are either cloning or experimenting on people so it's like the occult sciences of the Nazis as well.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 10:06   Link #10
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

cosette joining the SH as backup cook!
Old 2016-09-14, 11:44   Link #11
Loran Cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Yea, that's pretty apparent after this chapter. That throne room looks like something out of a sci fi story about Nazis. And now it looks like they are either cloning or experimenting on people so it's like the occult sciences of the Nazis as well.
There is a lot of Nazi influence just from the throne alone (with them being evil and stuff...66 = 666), but it kinds of brings a nice parallel with Sanji's attacks having all or mostly french names (Since in WWII, France was occupied by Germany and them it's people rebelled and took the country back)
Old 2016-09-14, 12:10   Link #12
WyrdMonger

Quote:
Where is the mother?
Crazy theory: there is no mother. If the cloning thing is true, than Sanji, and his combat model Goas are actually clones of Judge himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
cosette joining the SH as backup cook!
Once again, only if the clone thing is true: although we only see man, which explains the mostly male population (and their undying loyalty) it's possible they also clone woman. Cosette, if she lives, may just be another vat grown human.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 12:24   Link #13
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
One thing I don't like about this setup is that right now it all seems to be leading up to a proper fight between Sanji and one of his relatives (or more). However, we don't know how strong they are compared to other forces, which means that we still wouldn't be able to rank Sanji in the grand scheme of things even if it came to such a fight. Are any of the Germa 66 as strong or stronger than Vergo? Are any of them as strong as the mid-tier Shichibukai, like Jimbei, for example? I hope we'll get an answer to that before the fight with Sanji happens. Because I'm getting this feeling that Oda might want to gimp Sanji but still have him look impressive by fighting other people who's strength we can't properly judge, just to cover for the fact that they're not all that powerful.
Actually I think they are pretty weak and just relying on their technology.

Somehow Sanji's whole situation at the moment reminds me a lot of Robin during Enies Lobby.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 12:30   Link #14
Blaat

Quote:
Where is the mother? Reiju seems to be more in observation mode and may side with the Strawhats in the end..
I hope that she's the worst one out of them all, much more interesting that way.
Old 2016-09-14, 16:13   Link #15
Rainbowman

So the Charlotte family is based from themes from Alice in Wonderland which is British fiction and the Vinsmoke family is based from German history revolving around Nazis. Not exactly a good combination marriage wise. I want to send Monokuma to reveal the truths about each family.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 20:40   Link #16
Ramero

Or Reiju could secretly works for the Marines just like Rosinante where he was a Commander of the Navy doing undercover mission to stop Doflamingo but this time she work to unveil the truth behind her own family's darkness.
Old 2016-09-14, 21:31   Link #17
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Yeah, that's what I fear.
Old 2016-09-14, 23:28   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I could never understand how Sanji's family can act on such high horses, they probably haven't been around the New World much
Eh, I'm pretty certain that the Vinsmokes being condescending assholes has jack to do with being sheltered from the NW. Most royals we've seen throughout the series have been stuck-up jerks all over the world (heck, just the world nobles alone have no problem going around lording over others in lawless, pirate-filled locations like Sabaody). And seeing as the Vinsmokes are infamous mercenaries known all over the world.... well, I don't find it surprising that they feel their high and mighty attitudes are justified.

On a somewhat related note, something I find interesting is that Judge says the WG would most likely ban him from the Reverie once his alliance with Big Mom becomes official.... but he didn't say that they would outright kick him out of the WG, period. If Germa truly does remain a WG member nation after the wedding, then this goes back to what I said before about the government (or more specifically, its leaders, the five elders) making it their top priority to maintain balance. Taking direct action against the Vinsmokes once they become Big Mama's allies will come with incredibly high risks.... possibly even leading to a world war. Chances are, banning Germa from the Reverie is the most the WG would be able to do if Sanji's marriage actually happens.... otherwise, the Vinsmokes would be virtually untouchable at that point. It's actually a pretty ingenious plan on Judge's part, if you think about it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Yeah, that's what I fear.

Personally, I wouldn't be so quick to underestimate the Vinsmokes. A reliance on advanced weaponry doesn't automatically make them weak, it just makes them more efficient fighters. And again.... how could a family of royal mercenaries be infamous enough to be featured as villains in a popular children's comic if they didn't have some modicum of might to earn them such a reputation? And on that note, would such a "weak" family really have the influence to make the WG alter Sanji's wanted poster to Alive Only?

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-09-14 at 23:47.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 23:33   Link #19
Ramero

Well the problem is some of Marines member can easily crush Germa without any hitch, let's just say Akainu that he won't even bother to punch Jinbe's body and hitting Luffy at Marineford. Surely if he become Judge's opponent, Wall will be really useless since Akainu views them as "Expendables" and he wll just punch right through it without any mercy.

I hope Vegapunk can establish higher tier technology where Vegapunk can surpass Germa's technology and eventually outgunned the Mercenaries permanently.
Old 2016-09-15, 10:58   Link #20
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
Crazy theory: there is no mother. If the cloning thing is true, than Sanji, and his combat model Goas are actually clones of Judge himself.
That is interesting and would help explain why all the siblings look so similar and may have some mechanical properties (i.e. Yonji being repaired with hydrolic press like device). I do think there are various tiers of clones in the Germa army that range from fodder to probably about drugged up Hody Jones. I'm leaning towards there being a mother in some shape or form. Couple reasons why. First where did they get their "look" from and second there has to be a reason for Sanji's rule against hitting women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I hope that she's the worst one out of them all, much more interesting that way.
I have a feeling Ichi is pretty evil. Going against her family would be also interesting. It would not be the first time a high ranking individual within the "enemy" organization sides with the Straw Hats.

I wonder if there is some kind of resistance organization inside the candy kingdom. Right now there are a ton of strong enemies and not enough heroes to fight them.
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote