AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-06-25, 03:08   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Fate/ Series - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Fate/ Series. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 19:53   Link #2
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Greatly disappointed by some of the casting done for UBW.

The official cast as tweeted by Aniplex America.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 20:00   Link #3
GDB

Yeah, seriously. I don't even really care about dubs anymore unless they're a series that the studio truly loves (Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Steins;Gate, etc), but the loss of both Shirou and Archer is some BS. Archer in particular.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 20:33   Link #4
Frontier

Well, at least Saber's finally consistent in an english dub. .

While I was a little surprised, but ultimately fine, with the recasts in Zero, I was definitely hoping that we'd have most of the cast from the original Fate Stay Night dub reprising their roles in UBW. Particularly Sam Riegel as Shirou and especially Liam O'Brien as Archer. I mean, I like Bryce Papenbrook, but he gets a lot of lead roles already, and I have a hard time imagining anyone else but Liam O'Brien as dub!Archer .

It's especially disappointing since most of them came back for the UBW movie .

Though happy that Taiga and Lancer retain their VA's, and Rin and Illya by virtue of having already been in Zero .

The new cast does look pretty good regardless, and aside from Melissa Fahn as Rider, I'd say most of the new VA's at least fit their characters, which is a positive .
Old 2015-07-02, 21:42   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Liam responding to Kaiji tweet about being casted for Archer in an... interesting manner.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-07-03, 02:19   Link #6
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Saber from Zero is back! So is Kirei! I'm happy about this.

But I really dislike Shirou's, Rin's and Archer's actors... it's like they weren't even trying.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 23:59   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://twitter.com/KaijiTang/status/616856827792199680

Kaiji's got a rendition of the UBW chant.

Old 2015-08-13, 22:15   Link #8
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

So the stuff is out in English. I'll try and sit through them at least.

Old 2017-11-08, 21:58   Link #9
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...canada/.123731

F/A voiceover cast revealed. Some are doing two (or in one case, three) roles.