Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-11, 22:27   Link #2581
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Oh it gets worse, my friend. Manga is on point though.
Which one?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 22:31   Link #2582
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Which one?
Money's on adventures/special. That's THE pokemon manga, after all.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 22:37   Link #2583
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Ah, thanks. I haven't read special in a while, but I've always liked it. I think the last arc I read was ORAS? I remember there being at least 2 pretty good Pokemon manga which was why I asked. But now that you mention it, Special's probably the better one.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-07-12, 00:07   Link #2584
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Yes this. I mean, we see destruction caused by Ultra Beasts, Guzma gets kidnapped by Nihilego after using a second Cosmog Lusamine gave him, and Sun getting spiked through a windshield like a beach ball for saving Moon, whose Rowlet can actually do something. And all that's in the previous chapter.
Old 2018-07-12, 00:16   Link #2585
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yes this. I mean, we see destruction caused by Ultra Beasts, Guzma gets kidnapped by Nihilego after using a second Cosmog Lusamine gave him, and Sun getting spiked through a windshield like a beach ball for saving Moon, whose Rowlet can actually do something. And all that's in the previous chapter.
Wow that sounds pretty lit lol. I will catch up on this sometime. Probably around when we get first inklings of Pokémon switch news.

Old 2018-07-14, 16:35   Link #2586
Twi

A review named Suede has done a review of Season One. Kind of comedic.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-07-29, 16:33   Link #2587
Twi

The Anime Pope speaks:

YouTube

Last edited by Twi; 2018-08-04 at 15:28.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 08:05   Link #2588
Chosen_Hero

Well, he doesn't speak for me, also he clearly never saw the other seasons. Say what you will about the anime (I definitely have my gripes for everything from Black and White onwards) but literally everything he brought up brought up that "makes Sun and Moon better" has been done in past seasons in one way or another (most of the times even better). The only thing that Sun and Moon has over the other seasons is the animation quality, as for the writing while some episodes are good there is mo denying that the anime has lost a lot of it's identity since the Black and White reboot happened.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2018-08-09 at 08:41.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 14:02   Link #2589
Twi

I disagreed with him on the video as well, as my previous comments have made clear. But it would have been a disservice in fairness not to post a differing opinion.
Old 2018-08-19, 20:31   Link #2590
Twi

Well, here's a video for anyone who wants a laugh at which pokemon would win a battle royale:

YouTube

And here's a video with a long-winded explanation for it from Gnoggin:

YouTube
Old 2018-08-20, 19:37   Link #2591
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*sigh*
I wonder who will replace Professor Oak's voice. He was his voice for so many years. To some people, they practically grew up hearing his voice. The sadness...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 20:30   Link #2592
Kurohane

R.I.P Unshou Ishizuka - Prof. Oak and the Narrator.
Old 2018-08-26, 07:58   Link #2593
Vegard Aune

I saw Movie 21 earlier today. For a bit of context, I thought all three of the XY movies were utterly formulaic, utterly unremarkable and forgettable bits of nothing, and while I Choose You was a significant improvement, it suffered from a rushed pace and generally kind of bland direction. So how was Minna no Monogatari/Everyone's Story/The Power of Us compared to these last several movies?

It blows all of them out of the water. Easily. Like, for once we have a Pokémon movie that feels like a true ensemble piece, where there isn't really one specific main character... The title "Everyone's Story" is no exaggeration, as all of the characters that the promotional material focused on get roughly equal development and relevance to the story. Granted, their stories were all fairly basic and predictable, but just the fact that it managed to balance seven distinct character-arcs while still being coherent and consistently enjoyable is no small feat. Also, apart from Satoshi looking weird and some occasional awkward CGI, the movie looks fantastic. Also also, it handled its mascot mythical Pokémon far better than the last several movies, in that Zeraora feels naturally integrated into the story rather than being a shoehorned-in afterthought that makes no sense (Marshadow) or a character the movie bends over backwards to make the center of attention (Most other Pokémon movies). In fact it takes quite a while before we even see Zeraora, and by doing so they managed to make its debut feel a lot more special... even if its first scene is far from flattering. Though the movie did make one major misstep with it... At no point does it ever go "ORA ORA ORA ORA". I mean, come on, that Jojo reference writes itself! And if Sun & Moon can have a completely random Jojo reference, why not this movie?!
Old 2018-08-30, 14:41   Link #2594
Galaxian

Pokemon will be moved to Sundays starting in October. This is only the second time the series timeslot is changed in Japan. The last time it happened was in April 1998 after the Porygon incident over 20 years ago.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 16:43   Link #2595
Kurohane

Earlier than that, it was changed to 6:55 PM 2 years ago, between XY and XY&Z I believe.
Old 2018-09-17, 19:37   Link #2596
ImperialFlameGod8190

Sun and Moon might be the worst series that Pokemon has ever produced. The ending of the last arc was a pure letdown as far as i'm concerned. Anybody care to share their view

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 05:33   Link #2597
Twi

My opinion is pretty clear without needing to say anything.
Old 2018-09-23, 04:44   Link #2598
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I saw Movie 21 earlier today. For a bit of context, I thought all three of the XY movies were utterly formulaic, utterly unremarkable and forgettable bits of nothing, and while I Choose You was a significant improvement, it suffered from a rushed pace and generally kind of bland direction. So how was Minna no Monogatari/Everyone's Story/The Power of Us compared to these last several movies?

It blows all of them out of the water. Easily. Like, for once we have a Pokémon movie that feels like a true ensemble piece, where there isn't really one specific main character... The title "Everyone's Story" is no exaggeration, as all of the characters that the promotional material focused on get roughly equal development and relevance to the story. Granted, their stories were all fairly basic and predictable, but just the fact that it managed to balance seven distinct character-arcs while still being coherent and consistently enjoyable is no small feat. Also, apart from Satoshi looking weird and some occasional awkward CGI, the movie looks fantastic. Also also, it handled its mascot mythical Pokémon far better than the last several movies, in that Zeraora feels naturally integrated into the story rather than being a shoehorned-in afterthought that makes no sense (Marshadow) or a character the movie bends over backwards to make the center of attention (Most other Pokémon movies). In fact it takes quite a while before we even see Zeraora, and by doing so they managed to make its debut feel a lot more special... even if its first scene is far from flattering. Though the movie did make one major misstep with it... At no point does it ever go "ORA ORA ORA ORA". I mean, come on, that Jojo reference writes itself! And if Sun & Moon can have a completely random Jojo reference, why not this movie?!
Interesting, I might check it out then.

Old 2018-10-21, 02:25   Link #2599
precita

Sun/Moon has some fun filler eps and the eps focusing on Kiawe, Lana, etc. tend to be good. Unfortunately as said, this saga barely has any battles, Ash's goal is an afterthought, and the plot related eps of the games like Lusamine are downplayed or rushed. But overall besides that and the meme faces, SM has some fun eps to watch. At least it knows what it wants to be, and for that reason I place it above BW, and maybe even most of Johto (or at least the weaker fillers of Johto).

In terms of main girls (remember this is IMO):

May > Dawn > Kanto Misty > Serena > Lana > Lillie/Mallow > Iris >>>>>>>>>>> Johto Misty.

If I were to include Bonnie, she'd probably be alongside Serena.

The roles for female companions have generally been on the decline after Dawn, although I did enjoy Serena's ship-tease with Ash. But May's personality/humor puts her on top for me, let alone her design.

Last edited by precita; 2018-10-21 at 02:46.
precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 16:08   Link #2600
TnAdct1
Honya-kun