AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 1 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-08-18, 13:25   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2016-08-18, 13:29   Link #2
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Finally!! after long time the hype Izuru made his official debut.
Well, seem they did not transfered Izuru to class 77th so it's true then Izuru being concealed or i might to early to take decision.
The Ryota part was a surprise, i wonder what things Junko seen from Ryota.
Could this be premonition for Ryota is the mastermind? or his deathflag
Old 2016-08-18, 14:37   Link #3
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well the end of this episode definitely confirms Ryota has some sort of significance since Junko has taken such an interest in him for whatever reason. Whether or not that it makes him one of the ones behind the events in Future arc is hard to say right now though.

Was Junko having incredible foresight something that was already established in previous material? I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere before, but I can easily see that as part of the reason why she loves despair so much.

And props to this show for making a spoon dipped in curry rice terrifying.~
Old 2016-08-18, 15:04   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

At first, I didn't exactly understand why Ryouta has so much screentime in both Future and Despair arc, but at this point, his behaviour in future is a huge hint to what has actually happened during his academy days.

Let me elaborate
Spoiler for speculation time:
Old 2016-08-18, 15:08   Link #5
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Was Junko having incredible foresight something that was already established in previous material? I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere before, but I can easily see that as part of the reason why she loves despair so much.
Junko has many talents, but the one you can actually call her real talent is touched on DR0.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-18, 15:09   Link #6
AC-Phoenix
Detective

the new building is confusing me - it seems to be a rather new building that TOWERS above the building the 78th class was in later on, yet the building cannot be seen on any views in the first game.
Moreover the classes where all that happened where not located in that new building but rather in the one we are all familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
At first, I didn't exactly understand why Ryouta has so much screentime in both Future and Despair arc, but at this point, his behaviour in future is a huge hint to what has actually happened during his academy days.

Let me elaborate
Spoiler for speculation time:
Junko somehow messing with the anime was the first thing that came to my mind too when he first explained his goal.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-08-18, 15:23   Link #7
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
the new building is confusing me - it seems to be a rather new building that TOWERS above the building the 78th class was in later on, yet the building cannot be seen on any views in the first game.
Moreover the classes where all that happened where not located in that new building but rather in the one we are all familiar with.

Junko somehow messing with the anime was the first thing that came to my mind too when he first explained his goal.
It's a little confusing but I believe the reason why we never see the new building in the first game is because there has been a year long time skip between last episode and this episode. The beginning of the first game happened last episode when we see Makoto and Junko arrive at Hope's Peak for the first time. In this episode we see Chaiki waiting for Hajime and the seasons passing while she waits. In that time the building was constructed. Or at least I think so.
Old 2016-08-18, 15:43   Link #8
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
It's a little confusing but I believe the reason why we never see the new building in the first game is because there has been a year long time skip between last episode and this episode. The beginning of the first game happened last episode when we see Makoto and Junko arrive at Hope's Peak for the first time. In this episode we see Chaiki waiting for Hajime and the seasons passing while she waits. In that time the building was constructed. Or at least I think so.
Pretty sure the 78th and 77th class where located in the smaller building though. - you also never see a construction site in the background which is the most confusing part about it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-08-18, 16:01   Link #9
Batknight

Quote:
Pretty sure the 78th and 77th class where located in the smaller building though. - you also never see a construction site in the background which is the most confusing part about it.
Doesn't this episode tell us though they were originally in the smaller building, but starting this episode both classes were moved to the larger one? Also look, I'm guessing when Danganronpa 1 came out there never was a larger building and that was only thought of for this anime. That's why the construction site isn't seen. But you could also just say that construction didn't start until a little after Makoto's and Junko's arrival. I don't think it's really that important in any case.
Old 2016-08-18, 18:11   Link #10
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Seeing Kamukura easily take down Junko and Mukuro without getting off his bed makes me think he can take down a Future Foundation fleet no problem.
Old 2016-08-18, 18:12   Link #11
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Doesn't this episode tell us though they were originally in the smaller building, but starting this episode both classes were moved to the larger one? Also look, I'm guessing when Danganronpa 1 came out there never was a larger building and that was only thought of for this anime. That's why the construction site isn't seen. But you could also just say that construction didn't start until a little after Makoto's and Junko's arrival. I don't think it's really that important in any case.
The issue is that the student council's class president was, for some strange reason, in the smaller building. Cause that is where they died.

Old 2016-08-18, 18:15   Link #12
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Junko just so damn attractive. Just wished she used her "talents" for good.
Old 2016-08-18, 18:31   Link #13
Marina2

Well, future arc is now full of suspicious person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Seeing Kamukura easily take down Junko and Mukuro without getting off his bed makes me think he can take down a Future Foundation fleet no problem.
Bad thing is, if he do it, everyone on the island will look even more like R.O.D. in FF's eye.
Old 2016-08-18, 18:32   Link #14
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
swim underwater, go into 1 ship, take control, make them fight each others

ez
Old 2016-08-18, 20:25   Link #15
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
The issue is that the student council's class president was, for some strange reason, in the smaller building. Cause that is where they died.
The new school building was already in use at that point.

Spoiler for Zero:

Also, I wouldn't trust wiki when it comes to Zero.
Old 2016-08-18, 22:55   Link #16
com_gwp

Quote:
Actually, closer to half a year, but your timeline should roughly be how it should be. Chisa arrived back at the main campus in March, 78th class starts in the old building in April, we see the Chiaki timeskip of half a year (Spring, Summer, and then to Fall), before the new building is completed and they all move there.

And that mean Chiaki has been waiting outside the reserve school for a year, damn. That's some dedication.
Old 2016-08-18, 23:16   Link #17
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Actually, closer to half a year, but your timeline should roughly be how it should be. Chisa arrived back at the main campus in March, 78th class starts in the old building in April, we see the Chiaki timeskip of half a year (Spring, Summer, and then to Fall), before the new building is completed and they all move there.

And that mean Chiaki has been waiting outside the reserve school for a year, damn. That's some dedication.
Yeah you're right it was around 6 months.
Old 2016-08-19, 03:40   Link #18
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

And inb4 someone nose out why they could built new building in less than 6 month period that because they employed former shsl architect and former shsl workers for the work.
Old 2016-08-19, 04:03   Link #19
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
The shiba dog on her backpack means she's basically human Hachiko.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-08-19, 04:18   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Which makes it kinda sad when she learns of what Hajime ultimately becomes. Unless she dies before that. Everything goes to hell regardless.

Double despair for everybody!
Closed Thread