AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 18:19   Link #3841
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
The one the fake Ichika was beating was the real Ichika though.
Why don't you read the book first?
I didn't know that, I can't read Japanese, if I could I would trust me I would, this info I got from the spoilers on the thread an my understanding of them, plus none of them said there were 2 ichika's so I thought it was houki fighting the fake ichika, just deleted my ignorance on the matter

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-04-22 at 18:32. Reason: grammer
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 18:33   Link #3842
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^That's sort of what I read it as too, not that I am blaming anyone
But man, I can't wait to read it once the translations start
Old 2013-04-22, 18:43   Link #3843
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for origin speculation:
Spoiler for origin speculation:
Old 2013-04-22, 18:48   Link #3844
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Timeline in I.S. is a bit wonky, here's the simplest one. Assume the series took place in 2015 (random guess)

Before April 2005: Ichika met Houki
Somewhere in 2005: White Knight Incident
September 2009: Houki Left
September 2010: Rin arrive
March-April 2014: Rin left
April 2015: Story Start

Ichika's kidnapping should take somewhere after Rin came and before she left, the only clue is Anime, where he wore a gakuran, a Junior High uniform.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:01   Link #3845
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Timeline in I.S. is a bit wonky, here's the simplest one. Assume the series took place in 2015 (random guess)

Before April 2005: Ichika met Houki
Somewhere in 2005: White Knight Incident
September 2009: Houki Left
September 2010: Rin arrive
March-April 2014: Rin left
April 2015: Story Start

Ichika's kidnapping should take somewhere after Rin came and before she left, the only clue is Anime, where he wore a gakuran, a Junior High uniform.
you sure the white knight incedent happened in the same year ichica met houki because after that incident is when houki left because of the whole tabane is the only one who can create IS core an d houki being moved to a safehouse for her protection because she could be used against tabane
Old 2013-04-22, 19:03   Link #3846
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

WK Incident is explicitly said as happened ten years ago

Houki and Ichika met at the age of five, again, explicitly stated. it was after all one of his first memories.

Houki left six years before the story start.

Rin came during the new semester, fifth year grade school, one year after Houki left.

Rin left 6 months prior to the story.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:20   Link #3847
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
So your saying Houki wants to have a friends with benefits relationship with Ichika? Even if that means he marries Cecilia for example. Wait wouldn't that mean she wants to be his mistress?
- It kind of makes sense if Ichika marries Cecilia for the money...

...not implying anything, just an observation...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 19:21   Link #3848
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ "Bloody brilliant desu wa~"
Old 2013-04-22, 20:56   Link #3849
Eratas123

He doesn't need her money>.> The minute he says "I'm deciding which country I'm going to be the representative of", whole countries will bend over backwards offering him stuff to get his signature.
Old 2013-04-22, 21:23   Link #3850
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
You know, we might moan and complain, but if he ever actually decides to stop writing or he gets cut off we'd be complaining even more. Lets give him a chance before putting him on the spot.
Chinese translation for this volume isn't out yet for me to read so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but I'm starting to think all IS is only good for providing characters for doujin makers to use We see fan-made stuff being more fluffy/whatever when compared to the original
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:34   Link #3851
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'd say he loses action and conspiracy writing wise too. Then there's character development. Then- *Gets mauled by legions of Izuru fans*
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:42   Link #3852
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
He doesn't need her money>.> The minute he says "I'm deciding which country I'm going to be the representative of", whole countries will bend over backwards offering him stuff to get his signature.
I wasn't aware the pilot themselves had a choice in the matter. As in no matter what the pilot wants the country has final say. And if the pilot doesn't like the decision well it's to bad for the pilot. Besides isn't who represents which country based on nationality? Meaning Cecilia couldn't become the representative of Italy because she isn't Italian.

I mean if Ichika was some kind of huge free agent than Japan should have made him their national representative instead of Kanzaki. Yet he's a nobody in terms of representatives and the like.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:43   Link #3853
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ichika is special in that regard

if japan is hogging him rather than say, inviting him, it'll incite riot. It's the very reason he was sent to I.S.A. without prior briefing and shit. So it's also a game of subtle politics than anything else, but so far apparently Ichika is comfortable being Japanese
Old 2013-04-22, 21:50   Link #3854
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I haven't gotten myself started with TLing. Still have Unicorn and stuff to go on (and exams now). Most likely, the translations will only begin in August.

Then again, opinions from spoilers n aside, this volume is really that bad. If I have to translate it, it will be both eyes closed.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:53   Link #3855
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I came to this fandom for the illusatrators.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 22:02   Link #3856
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
I wasn't aware the pilot themselves had a choice in the matter. As in no matter what the pilot wants the country has final say. And if the pilot doesn't like the decision well it's to bad for the pilot. Besides isn't who represents which country based on nationality? Meaning Cecilia couldn't become the representative of Italy because she isn't Italian.

I mean if Ichika was some kind of huge free agent than Japan should have made him their national representative instead of Kanzaki. Yet he's a nobody in terms of representatives and the like.
Nope. In special cases, the country can offer a person of any nationality their rep spot and the rep has the privelage of choosing their nationality. Tatenashi, for example, has both a Japanese first name and last name and yet she's the rep of Russia. Given that its been confirmed on the wiki that she's predominantly Japanese, nationality matters squat against skill and rarity.

Houki was also said to be "scouted" by multiple countries and simply refused to choose because she didn't want to. If Ichika wanted to, he would earn a fortune by choosing the highest bidder. EVERYONE wants to get their hands on the only male IS pilot.
Old 2013-04-22, 22:05   Link #3857
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I feel japan is going to get a massive aneurysm if Ichika somehow choose best Korea

Unlikely as it is.
Old 2013-04-22, 22:11   Link #3858
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I feel japan is going to get a massive aneurysm if Ichika somehow choose best Korea

Unlikely as it is.
They're going to get even more of an aneurysm moment if Ichika chooses Rin given the current political tension...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 22:23   Link #3859
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I laughed so hard I started to cry

Man, aren't politics fun?
Old 2013-04-22, 22:41   Link #3860
Eratas123

Come on, lets keep politics out of novel discussions please Besides, the world of IS seems to run on fairy dust given they haven't blown each other up yet.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen